Wii Shop Thread: ***FINAL FANTASY 3 IS OUT ON THE VC***

• Please log in to reply
1887 replies to this topic

#991 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2009 - 01:18 PM

I always loved the Hanenbow, when I had Electroplankton. I may get this.

Really good week. Bomberman fans will be happy.

Edited by utopianmachine, 09 November 2009 - 01:42 PM.

#992 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2009 - 01:55 PM

Beatnes was my favorite of the Electroplankton "games". If I had a DSi I'd buy it just to have instant access to it.

#993 lilboo

lilboo

Not addicted to WoW

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2009 - 03:44 PM

Why does it seem like every week, Wonder Boy comes out on the VC?!
I'll probably get Bomberman, though. Been needing something to play at work.

Now Playing:
:pc: Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft

:pc: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls

:wiiu: Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze

:3ds: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

:3ds: Pokemon Battle Trozei

#994 theflicker

theflicker

Posted 09 November 2009 - 04:12 PM

WOW. Huge day. Down for ExciteBike definitely. Might go for the Electroplankton games and Bomberman too.

Plus with PS3 remote play you can basically PLay your PS3 games on your PSP Go anywhere you are basically making it a Portable PS3

But Metroid sucks. I consider it Gunpei Yokoi's worst creation, even beating the Virtual Boy.

RE: XBox ONE

at least they change their name and not name their systems 1,2,3,4

#995 ratzombie

ratzombie

aka yunkie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2009 - 05:53 PM

Excitebike looks awesome, nice release.

#996 StarKnightX

StarKnightX

will hook you up

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2009 - 06:00 PM

Why does it seem like every week, Wonder Boy comes out on the VC?!

Well , unless I lost track , this release should complete the wonder boy series , both with the "real" games , as well as the alternate versions. Other than the "6th" game , which was japan only , so we may or may not get that one.

#997 Halo05

Halo05

Posted 09 November 2009 - 06:00 PM

Choose from multiple camera angles as you tilt your way to smooth landings using motion-sensitive controls.

Expectations sucessfully tempered. I'll wait for impressions or at least confirmation that the motion controls can be turned off ala Mario Kart Wii.

As many of you know, black ops 2 is plaid with bugs, lag etc which many people have been suffering including me.

plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid

#998 Kaoz

Kaoz

Posted 09 November 2009 - 06:06 PM

Expectations sucessfully tempered. I'll wait for impressions or at least confirmation that the motion controls can be turned off ala Mario Kart Wii.

http://wii.ign.com/a.../1039846p1.html

"Excitebike World Rally features two different control options at the start. By default you'll control the bike's steering by tapping up and down to change lanes, and tilting the controller left and right to lean back and forward. I'm a classic NES fan, so I immediately changed the controls to the traditional: instead of tilting the controller, you hold the Left or Right direction on the D-pad to lean back or forward. The game will record the best times for each track, and note with an icon, either a Wii remote or an NES controller, which control scheme was used for that best time."

There you go :)

#999 flameofdoom666

flameofdoom666

3D Dot Game Link!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2009 - 06:22 PM

Where oh where is Castlevania?!

#1000 Halo05

Halo05

Posted 09 November 2009 - 06:24 PM

Thanks a million Kaoz, I'll probably download it later today.

Castlevania would be nice but I'm happy enough with the huge number of titles for this week.

As many of you know, black ops 2 is plaid with bugs, lag etc which many people have been suffering including me.

plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid

#1001 Cao Cao

Cao Cao

Spoooooooky

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2009 - 08:07 PM

http://gonintendo.co...y.php?id=103478
The US version of Bit.Trip Beat has been updated. It sounds like they fixed that bug where you had to get a high score to save your progress.

#1002 doubledown

doubledown

Funky Daddy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2009 - 10:40 PM

Anyone get Excitebike?....curious for reviews.

#1003 Justin42

Justin42

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2009 - 11:12 PM

Seems like the most hyped game no one buys immediately waiting to make sure they didn't screw it up. ;) I haven't bought anything from Wii Shop in over a year so I'm tempted to buy it if nothing else to use up one of the Wii Points cards I have.

#1004 doubledown

doubledown

Funky Daddy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2009 - 01:42 AM

Yeah, I have 3700 points in my Wii Shop account. I basically play the Wii once a month or so.

#1005 datura

datura

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2009 - 04:27 AM

Anyone get Excitebike?....curious for reviews.

I didn't get it yet because, like you, I was waiting on reviews.

IGN gave it a 7.9 and basically said its strength/downfall is how true it is to the original. They also said there is no local multiplayer, which they felt was a no brainer.

For $10, and I don't have the NES version, with 1800 points burning a hole in my pocket, I will probably pick this up in the near future.

#1006 flameofdoom666

flameofdoom666

3D Dot Game Link!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2009 - 05:40 AM

Seems like the most hyped game no one buys immediately waiting to make sure they didn't screw it up. ;) I haven't bought anything from Wii Shop in over a year so I'm tempted to buy it if nothing else to use up one of the Wii Points cards I have.

Buy Lost Winds: Winters of Melodias.. NOW!

#1007 creid

creid

Dead For The Summer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2009 - 07:35 AM

So what's this Excitebike game? Is it a spinoff of Excite Truck?
Spoiler

http://gonintendo.co...y.php?id=103478
The US version of Bit.Trip Beat has been updated. It sounds like they fixed that bug where you had to get a high score to save your progress.

Nice.

#1008 crunchewy

crunchewy

Posted 10 November 2009 - 02:53 PM

I'm definitely going to get Excitebike, but I am pretty disappointed that there is no local multiplayer. I'm not worried about the motion controls - the motion controls in Excitebots are awesome, so I'm sure they've done it right for this too. In any case we have the option. Just really wish it had local multiplayer. Oh well.
Posted Image

#1009 flameofdoom666

flameofdoom666

3D Dot Game Link!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2009 - 10:40 PM

I never had excite bike for the NES, so I have no fond memories of it. With that said, would I like Excitebike? Someone told me that it is a game heavily based off of nostalgia.

I would love an honest, and in depth opinion.

#1010 ProfWho

ProfWho

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2009 - 12:04 AM

I bought it last night and played it for about a half hour. It is what it is. It is excite bike with more tracks and features. Really, nostalgia is good, but it only gets you so far. Excitebike was and still is great, because it has challenging and addictive gameplay. It is so simple, yet there is a lot of depth to playing it well. I didn't try motion, because I have always played it with the old NES controller so I cannot comment on that.

I think that the multiplayer was pretty good, I only wish it had a chat function. I played with some people online and the races were smooth with no lag.

Is it worth $10? In my opinion yes, yes it is. Is it the first game I would buy if you had limit resources? No, I would put Lost Wind 2 there, followed by You, Me, and the Cube. Since I still had about $190 in Wii points thanks to pepsi though I didn't hesitate on downloading.

I will be posting my code later tonight if anyone wants to post thier's.

Wii U: ProfWho
3DS: 3222-6849-1226
PSN: ProfWho

Steam: ProfWho

#1011 doubledown

doubledown

Funky Daddy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2009 - 02:15 AM

I picked up Excitebike also. I thought it was pretty good. It basically plays just like the old Excitebike. I used the "classic" control scheme also...no tilt crap.

One BIG disappointment is that you can ONLY use the Wii Controller....not the Classic controller....I was bummed out by that, but I knew that when I downloaded it.

I won my first two games online also....the second one by a full 2 seconds....I still am an Excitebike master....hahaha...j/k

#1012 ProfWho

ProfWho

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2009 - 05:39 AM

If anyone wants to add me to their excitebike friends list my code is 3352 4128 1140

#1013 flameofdoom666

flameofdoom666

3D Dot Game Link!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2009 - 03:24 PM

I bought it last night and played it for about a half hour. It is what it is. It is excite bike with more tracks and features. Really, nostalgia is good, but it only gets you so far. Excitebike was and still is great, because it has challenging and addictive gameplay. It is so simple, yet there is a lot of depth to playing it well. I didn't try motion, because I have always played it with the old NES controller so I cannot comment on that.

I think that the multiplayer was pretty good, I only wish it had a chat function. I played with some people online and the races were smooth with no lag.

Is it worth $10? In my opinion yes, yes it is. Is it the first game I would buy if you had limit resources? No, I would put Lost Wind 2 there, followed by You, Me, and the Cube. Since I still had about $190 in Wii points thanks to pepsi though I didn't hesitate on downloading.

I will be posting my code later tonight if anyone wants to post thier's.

I appreciate the review.

I already own Lost Winds 2- but is You, Me and the Cube really worth $10?

#1014 ProfWho

ProfWho

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2009 - 02:31 AM

Is it worth $10? Really the answer to that depends on what you are looking for. It is probably the most unique puzzle game on wiiware if not anywhere, but it really is a game that could be called an aquired taste. It is a very surreal experience as opposed. Personally I think it is well worth it, but I could understand if someone else out there did not.

#1015 crunchewy

crunchewy

Posted 12 November 2009 - 09:40 PM

NintendoLife finally put up their review of Excitebike. It's pretty glowing.
Posted Image

#1016 oemor

oemor

Bubble Pop

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2009 - 12:11 AM

I been playing the new Excitebike a lot it's pretty much a souped up version of the nes version. Its really simple & fun racing. I really disliked the motion control scheme & racing in other views besides 2d confused me. The online is great as well & addicting I probably put in more than 10 hours in this already. If anyone wants to play hit me up.

#1017 Kaoz

Kaoz

Posted 13 November 2009 - 02:14 AM

I never played Excitebike for the NES, or Excitebike 64, but the videos of Excitebike W.R. looked really fun so I picked it up. Only finished the bronze cup, and I suck, but my friend code is 0260-0402-1280. I added ProfWho

#1018 MisterModest

MisterModest

Custom User Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2009 - 02:51 AM

This week, Europe got 1 VC game and 2 WiiWare games, Ninja Gaiden - VC Arcade/800 Points, My Zoo (a sequel to My Aquarium) - WiiWare/500 Points, and Rock N’ Roll Climber - WiiWare/800 Points.

#1019 ProfWho

ProfWho

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2009 - 06:56 AM

I been playing the new Excitebike a lot it's pretty much a souped up version of the nes version. Its really simple & fun racing. I really disliked the motion control scheme & racing in other views besides 2d confused me. The online is great as well & addicting I probably put in more than 10 hours in this already. If anyone wants to play hit me up.

If you post your code I will be certain to add you. Also, kaoz I c have just added you

Wii U: ProfWho
3DS: 3222-6849-1226
PSN: ProfWho

Steam: ProfWho

#1020 crunchewy

crunchewy

Posted 13 November 2009 - 03:30 PM

I'm going to download Excitebike tonight, I think, and will post my friend code later. Shouldn't we have this in a separate thread, though, rather then here?
Posted Image