Wii Shop Thread: ***FINAL FANTASY 3 IS OUT ON THE VC***

• Please log in to reply
1887 replies to this topic

#1771 Brad Bishop

Brad Bishop

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2011 - 10:46 PM

I think the problem for games like Donkey Kong would be the controller. DK needs a 4-way stick. Otherwise it's pretty unpleasant to play. There is no 4-way stick/controller for the Wii. The d-pad on the controllers is 8 way, ditto for the available arcade stick options, and I don't think they have an option to switch to 4-way.

The problem with using an 8-way stick with a 4-way stick game is what does it mean when you are in a corner, where you inevitably end up? Is the upper left corner equal to UP or to LEFT? They try to finagle it by looking at where you were coming from, but that's not always right.. Inevitably you find yourself trying to go up and you go left, or whatever, and it's frustrating. I.e. the Wii, Gamecube, DS, etc, is not made for DK. Sad but true.

They somehow do it with other 4-way games. NES Donkey Kong, NES Donkey Kong Jr., Pac Man, etc.

I remember when I first got my Wii. I used to check the VC downloads each Monday. Now I know that it's mostly just crap stuff or, at least, stuff that seems like it would be crap - which kind of sucks because there are independent developers out there who might make a really great game that I'd miss because there's just so much crap.

I don't want to sort (and spend money) my way through a barrel of rotten apples to find the one good one.

A lot of these DL games (Wii and PS3) have been little more than mildly amusing. Like you paid your $5-10 for them but you grow bored with them after a week. There are some gems, they just seem to be few and far between.

#1772 Brad Bishop

Brad Bishop

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2011 - 10:49 PM

What the Virtual Console needs is Donkey Kong Arcade and Donkey Kong 64. You'd think after the popularity of DKCR we'd see one if not both of them.

They could re-release the Game Cube games (well, some select ones) as VC games and I think they'd sell well.

I'm probably the odd-ball with this but I'd rather have DL games and a menu to get to them than a shelf full of games. Just less to keep up with.

I feel the same way about movies and music. I just want the digital versions and a way to navigate them rather than shelves full of boxes.

#1773 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2011 - 10:56 AM

WiiWare

BIT.TRIP FLUX

Publisher: Aksys Games
Players: 1-2
ESRB Rating: E (Everyone)
Price: 800 Wii Points
Description: The BIT.TRIP series comes full circle with BIT.TRIP FLUX, CommanderVideo's final adventure. Grab your Wii Remote controller and get ready for classic paddle-based game play as CommanderVideo returns to the source. Whether playing in single-player or in cooperative two-player mode, you'll be faced with new challenges that will make even the most experienced BIT.TRIPPERS weep. Enjoy new power-ups (including the Fullscreen Paddle), new beat types (including Avoid Beats) and the new Meta Mode. Ride along with CommanderVideo as he completes his mission and returns home.

Gods vs Humans(demo version)
Publisher: ZALLAG
Players: 1
ESRB Rating: E (Everyone) – Comic Mischief, Cartoon Violence
Price: 0 Wii Points; full version available for 1,200 Wii Points
Description: Embody major gods from Scandinavian, Egyptian, Roman and Japanese mythologies. As a god, you have enough power to rule the humans – all but the cheeky ones. Some of them want to enter your domain and have decided to build a tower to confront you. Use your divine powers to bring them down and show them who's boss. Be careful not to hurt them though – you need people to believe in you. The game includes 60 levels for the solo campaign, 16 playable gods with specific powers, four hysterical bosses to defeat and 16 additional challenges for experienced players.

Pong Toss Pro – Frat Party Games(demo version)
Publisher: JV Games Inc.
Players: 1-4
ESRB Rating: E (Everyone) – Alcohol Reference, Comic Mischief, Mild Language
Price: 0 Wii Points; full version available for 600 Wii Points
Description: Born on college campuses, Pong Toss is the ultimate party-game favorite. Now Pong Toss Pro takes it to the next level with improved graphics and a redesigned throwing system for complete accuracy. Also new to Pong Toss Pro is a Tournament Mode that supports four-, eight- or 16-team bracket play. Pong Toss Pro features six regulation tables and the ability to modify simple house rules. Rock it with a high-energy soundtrack and listen to the announcer commenting on your play. Rule the table with Fireball bonuses for consecutive shots. In Speed Pong, up to three challengers can compete at the same time. Speed and strategy are key in this fast-paced game. Jack up your opponents by using a slew of power-ups that will slow them down. The first player to sink the last cup wins it all.

Nintendo DSiWare

My Little Restaurant
Publisher: QubicGames
Price: 500 Nintendo DSi Points
Description: Welcome to My Little Restaurant. Get in here and turn this place from a small diner into a crowded eating palace. Help Mikey and Annie seat the guests, collect orders, deliver meals and earn money. Every once in a while, jump into the kitchen and prepare some tasty burgers or perfect sushi. You won't find a better deal at any other place. The game features five restaurant themes: American Diner, Japanese Bar, Ancient Palace, Picnic Fun and Space Lunchroom, plus two extra cooking games: Burgers for the Chef and Sushi Master Challenge. Enjoy 33 unique levels and discover extra features and power-ups.

Magnetic Joe
Publisher: Subdued Software
ESRB Rating: E (Everyone) – Comic Mischief
Description: Take control of Magnetic Joe, everyone's favorite little magnetic sphere. Guide him through 100 exciting mazes filled with spikes, enemies and other obstacles. Help Joe as he pursues his nemesis, Dr. Magnevil, who's on his way to conquer the world. The mazes are full of magnets that push and pull Joe in different directions. Your task is to skillfully use their magnetic force to get Joe to the exit unharmed. Use the magnetic force carefully – the levels are filled with surprises, and a boss could be lurking.

Monster Buster Club
Publisher: Nordcurrent
ESRB Rating: E (Everyone) – Comic Mischief, Mild Cartoon Violence
Price: 800 Nintendo DSi Points
Description: Earth is about to be invaded by evil aliens, and their first stop is Singletown. As long as they're around to save the day, the members of the Monster Buster Club refuse to let this happen. Join Cathy, Danny, Sam and Chris on an exciting adventure based on the hit animated TV series Monster Buster Club and stop these troublemakers from taking over. As you search for the villainous Nosidda, you and the MBC team will battle aliens outside the school, race your car through the streets of Singletown, solve puzzles, engage in air battles and even visit outer space. The game features a highly interactive world with exciting game play that challenges your speed, timing and puzzle-solving abilities. Discover a wide variety of puzzles and challenges to overcome using the Nintendo DSi stylus. Play as any of four MBC characters: Cathy, Danny, Chris or Sam.

#1774 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2011 - 11:33 AM

They could re-release the Game Cube games (well, some select ones) as VC games and I think they'd sell well.

I'm probably the odd-ball with this but I'd rather have DL games and a menu to get to them than a shelf full of games. Just less to keep up with.

I feel the same way about movies and music. I just want the digital versions and a way to navigate them rather than shelves full of boxes.

Wii doesn't have anywhere near the storage capacity for GameCube games. Plus, download sizes are limited to 40mb. I'd rather have stuff on my shelves because prices are too high for me to justify buying digital versions at the same price when I get less in return. Sure I have to pop in discs into my system but it's a small price to pay for something I can keep forever.

Also, I'm thinking about buying a Bit.Trip game. What would be the best one to buy?
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#1775 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2011 - 11:26 AM

WiiWare

Heavy Fire: Black Arms
Publisher: Teyon
ESRB Rating: T (Teen) - Blood, Violence
Price: 500 Wii Points
Description: Set out on a dangerous campaign in South America in a continuation of the popular shooter Heavy Fire: Special Operations. As a Special Forces recruit, you will take part in the operation to stop an illegal arms trade. Heavy Fire gives players a classic arcade light-gun experience, enhanced with stunning graphics and exciting new features. Destroy the biggest weapon cartel, Fuerza de Voluntad, which is influential all over the continent. Team up with a friend and experience an immersive co-op mode. Enjoy dynamic minute-to-minute game play in various weather conditions and settings in the heart of a jungle. Smash objects and interact with them. Perform quick events and face your enemies with new powerful weapons. With plenty of weapon types and various vehicles at your disposal, put an end to the expansion of the paramilitary organization. Take full advantage of the Wii Remote controller and optional Wii Zapper accessory (sold separately).

Soccer Bashi (demo version)

Publisher: Icon Games Entertainment

ESRB Rating: E (Everyone) - Mild Fantasy Violence

Price: 0 Wii Points; full version available for 500 Wii Points
Description: Experience soccer of the future. Destroy the defender blocks and smash the ball into the goal to win, but watch for the enemy defenders out to destroy you. A built-in game editor offers unlimited level design possibilities. Play through the 90 built-in game levels in several different play modes, including Arcade and Customizable Tournaments. Special level features include animated blocks, exploding blocks, shield blocks, invisible blocks and deadly 3D defender enemies. Face challenging end-of-zone bosses. Use the Level Editor to build your own levels - up to 100 user-created levels can be stored. Tournament Mode allows you to create your own unique tournaments using built-in game levels or your own levels. Special Power-Ups and Super Power-Ups including lasers, bombs, flaming power balls and multiple balls and bats can help (or hinder) you on your way to the goal.
Note: Some demo versions do not support all game features, and players cannot save their in-game progress in demo versions.

Virtual Console

Bomberman Hero
Original platform: Nintendo 64
Publisher: Hudson Entertainment
ESRB Rating: E (Everyone) - Mild Violence
Price: 1,000 Wii Points
Description: Bomberman returns in his own full-on action game. One day, out of nowhere, a spaceship crash-lands on Planet Bomber. Journeying to the Peace Mountains to investigate, Bomberman encounters Pibot, the dazed robot pilot. According to Pibot, the evil Garaden Empire attacked Primus Star and kidnapped Princess Millian from Pibot's escape ship. Hearing this, Bomberman vows to save the princess, even if he has to travel the length of the galaxy to do it. Bomberman is equipped with an infinite supply of bombs and can count on a variety of upgrades to aid him in his quest. His search for the princess takes him to five exciting planets, reuniting him with his old friend Louie and uncovering new items. Fly, swim, shoot and bomb your way through the galaxy and save Princess Millian.

Nintendo DSiWare

G.G Series HORIZONTAL BAR

Publisher: Genterprise Inc.
Price: 200 Nintendo DSi Points
Description: This is a new type of action game that will have you swinging and jumping from bar to bar, just like the parallel bars in gymnastics. The controls are simple. Grab onto a bar, add momentum to your swing by pressing left or right on the +Control Pad, then jump and spin to the next bar by pressing the A Button. Gauge the force of your swings and the timing of your jumps just right to cross the course in the fastest time possible. Do you have what it takes to be a star gymnast?

GO Series EARTH SAVER
Publisher: Gamebridge
ESRB Rating: E (Everyone) - Mild Fantasy Violence
Description: A giant meteorite is headed straight for Earth. Land your spaceship on the meteorite and set explosives to break off small pieces so the rock breaks up in Earth's atmosphere. Chunks of meteorite that are too big will smash into Earth, wiping out mankind. As an explosives expert, you can plant a series of bombs to create chain-reaction combos, easily blasting off chunks of rock the size of houses. You'll also need to tackle the many strange alien life forms you encounter by either blowing them up or cunningly blasting around the piece of rock they're standing on so they fall with the meteorite. Can you save Earth from obliteration and secure the future of mankind?

JellyCar 2
Publisher: Disney Interactive
Description: JellyCar 2, the hit driving platform game, is here and fully loaded with three game modes and more than 30 levels. Post high scores, best times and longest jumps in the Hall of Fame. With so much squishy goodness, you'll want to drive JellyCar 2 all around town. In Classic mode, drive your squishy car and use your special abilities to drive through squishy worlds. In Factory mode, guide the falling parts into matching chutes, tap the levers to open different pathways and guide each part down the conveyor belts. In Long Jump mode, you're going for distance and speed - watch out for objects that can slow you down, and look for objects that can help give you a boost!

#1776 crunchewy

crunchewy

Posted 09 March 2011 - 04:18 PM

JellyCar 2 for $5. Wow.
Posted Image

#1777 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2011 - 07:30 AM

*sigh* I know. DSiWare sucks so much. And to think I was so excited when it launched.

Maybe if I got Shantae I'd feel better.

#1778 Cao Cao

Cao Cao

Spoooooooky

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2011 - 09:41 PM

Some VC release news popped up recently (Source)...
- Final Fantasy VI is releasing in Japan this month, in Europe next week.
- Lufia & The Fortress of Doom has received an ESRB rating.
- Monster World IV (Genesis) has been rated in Australia, pointing to a possible international release. (Source)

#1779 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2011 - 09:40 PM

The Imminent Arrival of Spring Means Beautiful Plants and Hordes of the Undead

2011-03-14
Spring is just about a week away. It's a time of renewal. For some, that means the budding of new flowers. For others, it's a chance to reanimate their dead tissue and go on the attack. Over on the Nintendo DSiWare service, Plants vs. Zombies reminds you that when the mob comes for you, foliage might be the only friend you have left. If you're in the mood for a different kind of single-player strategy, the WiiWare service shines some Liight on a creative new puzzle-solving game that incorporates color, light and music.

Nintendo DSiWare

Plants vs. Zombies
Publisher: PopCap Games
ESRB Rating: E 10+ (Everyone 10 and Older) - Animated Blood, Cartoon Violence
Description: Get ready to soil your plants in the zombie-zapping phenomenon from PopCap. A mob of fun-loving zombies is about to invade your home, and the only defense is your arsenal of home-guardin' plants. You'll have to think fast and plant faster as you fight the fun-dead through day, night and fog, in the swimming pool and on the roof. Dig into five game modes and get more zombie-zapping action in four new mini-games. You can even make your own zombie creation with the Zombatar! The fun never dies.

Rabi Laby
Publisher: Agetec, Inc.
Description: Rabi Laby requires teamwork, dedication and the love of a great adventure. Alice is a spunky young girl who adores her fluffy pet rabbit named Rabi. One day Alice was looking for Rabi and finally found him right before he jumped into a small hole in a tree. Without thinking twice, Alice jumped in after him. This is where their magical adventure begins. Alice and Rabi encounter intriguing animals and creatures that may lead them to the exit, or stop them from escaping. Together they will explore and discover things unlike anything they've ever seen before. They must work as a team to find the key and escape each area of the mighty labyrinth. Both Alice and Rabi have their own unique abilities and you must switch between them in order to complete each area and ultimately escape the labyrinth's grasp. The labyrinth awaits you...

5 in 1 Mahjong
Publisher: cerasus.media
Price: 200 Nintendo DSi Points
Description: Play Standard mahjong without all the bells and whistles. You can choose from more than 300 layouts or try different variations of the game. In "Countdown," you only have 20 minutes to clear the tiles. With "Remember," you can train your memory as every tile is only briefly visible. Don't dally in "Shuffle" mode - the board will rebuild itself if you don't make a match in time. In "Match" you simply need to search for particular tiles. The tile images are strikingly sharp, making them easy to recognize. Choose your favorite tile design, plus enjoy the great soundtrack and high-quality animation that create an authentic gaming experience. Challenge yourself with a range of difficult layouts. If you are stuck, hints will help you out.

WiiWare

Liight
Publisher: Studio Walljump
Price: 500 Wii Points
Description: Liight is a unique, award-winning, puzzle-solving game where you use colored lights and shadows to solve puzzles and make music. Each puzzle in Liight is a unique combination of colored lights and targets arranged on a special board. If you completely cover a target with light of the matching color, the target will glow and play music. A puzzle is solved when all of the targets are glowing and playing music together. Every puzzle makes a different song each time you play. Nonstop mode in Liight is a fast-paced arcade puzzle game that uses the same basic concepts you learn in Solve mode in a constant struggle for a high score. Liight also has a Create mode to make your own puzzles any way you want, and a Share mode to send them to your Wii friends using the WiiConnect24 service.

Mix Superstar (demo version)
Publisher: Digital Leisure Inc.
Price: 0 Wii Points; full version available for 500 Wii Points
Description: Think you can be the next big music star? Well now you've got all the tools right at your fingertips with Mix Superstar. Create, mix and record your own royalty-free musical masterpieces right on your Wii console. There are more than 1,000 Dance, Hip Hop and Techno loops included across multiple instruments like Drum, Bass, Synth, Guitar and even voice tracks. Once you've got that next hit created, it's time to show it off. Mix Superstar allows you to export your music creations, and download them to your computer so you can take them on the go. You can also use the WiiConnect24 service to send those hits to your Wii friends who own the game, and even collaborate on mixes. Also included is full support for both the Logitech USB Microphone and the Wii Speak accessory (sold separately) so you can lay down your own vocals. Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection Pay & Play service even allows you to enhance your music creation experience with additional loop packs from a variety of genres. Now go on and make some noise.

#1780 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2011 - 09:43 PM

I'm surprised Plants vs Zombies is on DSiWare now. Crazy that we never really know what's coming. Advertising fail, for sure.

I'm trying to find more info on Plants vs Zombies, but it sound slike it might be the full DS game, without the multiplayer stuff.

#1781 Halo05

Halo05

Posted 14 March 2011 - 10:45 PM

Some VC release news popped up recently (Source)...
- Final Fantasy VI is releasing in Japan this month, in Europe next week.
- Lufia & The Fortress of Doom has received an ESRB rating.
- Monster World IV (Genesis) has been rated in Australia, pointing to a possible international release. (Source)

Holy shit, I'm so completely down for any of those.

As many of you know, black ops 2 is plaid with bugs, lag etc which many people have been suffering including me.

plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid

#1782 Cao Cao

Cao Cao

Spoooooooky

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2011 - 09:37 AM

Well, here's some more good news for VC, in Japan. The Japanese VC release list for April has been posted, with three standouts:
- Mega Man X (Super Famicom)
- King of the Monsters 2 (Neo-Geo)
- Chrono Trigger (Super Famicom)

http://www.neogaf.co...ad.php?t=425384

#1783 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2011 - 10:19 AM

I like how I and no one else posted the releases for this week. They just didn't matter.

#1784 Josef

Josef

Touched the dead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2011 - 04:42 PM

I like how I and no one else posted the releases for this week. They just didn't matter.

You mean Earthbound didn't come out this week? Damn :cry:

#1785 foltzie

foltzie

Strell where art thou?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2011 - 04:45 PM

You mean Earthbound didn't come out this week? Damn :cry:

What's Earthbound?

#1786 Cao Cao

Cao Cao

Spoooooooky

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2011 - 04:48 PM

http://www.andriasan...som_2_platform/
Some more news out of Japan; Miracle Kidz has announced that Downtown Nekketsu Monogatari 2 (River City Ransom 2) is coming to Wiiware (and PC).

#1787 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2011 - 11:50 PM

Did nothing come out today?

#1788 foltzie

foltzie

Strell where art thou?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2011 - 02:09 AM

Did nothing come out today?

Super Bonk

#1789 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2011 - 12:16 PM

Today on the Virtual Console:

Mega Man X

Bitch!
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#1790 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2011 - 01:09 PM

NINTENDO DOWNLOAD: AT HOME OR ON THE GO, SPACE IS THE PLACE FOR DOWNLOADABLE ADVENTURE
May 9, 2011

WiiWare
MDK2
Publisher: Interplay
ESRB Rating: T (Teen) - Animated Blood, Animated Violence
Price: 1,000 Wii Points™
Description: Kurt Hectic must save the universe. He has teamed with the ingenious Dr. Hawkins and a six-legged, gun-toting robotic dog named Max. Together they must out-sneak, out-blast and out-think their enemies as they attempt to reclaim Earth from a vile alien menace. Play as all three characters, each with its own distinct style of game play. Save the world with unique gadgets and weaponry such as the Black Hole Grenade and the Sniper Shield. Ten massive environments will immerse you in an eccentric and wacky world. A captivating and humorous storyline unfolds through each level, all the way to the grand finale. Sniper mode allows you to shoot an enemy in the eye from more than a mile away. Solve puzzles to create deadly weaponry with the brilliant mind of Dr. Hawkins. Sneak, snipe and shoot with Kurt's suit, which is equipped with a cloaking device.

And I just shit my pants seeing MDK 2 let alone a good game on the shop channel.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#1791 Cao Cao

Cao Cao

Spoooooooky

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2011 - 05:06 PM

Some VC news. First, Square-Enix confirmed that Chrono Trigger will be releasing in the US on May 16th, next week.

In a European blog post, Sega announced "the next edition of our Vintage Collection series" for VC and PSN. Most of the games on the list are already on VC, but there are a few notable tidbits.
- The big one is Monster World IV; Sega confirmed that they are localizing it.
- Wonder Boy in Monster World (Arcade)
- Super Hang-On (Arcade?)

#1792 CosmosTheMouse

CosmosTheMouse

The Ace Of Spades

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2011 - 03:17 PM

Chrono Trigger today.
Well, finally SOMETHING. Hooray!

Posted ImagePosted Image

#1793 Halo05

Halo05

Posted 16 May 2011 - 05:32 PM

Much awesome VC news lately. Definitely down for most of those Sega titles and Chrono Trigger is a no-brainer even with the DS and PSX ports.

Bring on Final Fantasy III.

EDIT - The disparity in quality between the VC releases and Wiiware continues to be hilarious...

Chrono Trigger - A young man is transported into the past, altering the course of history and the outcome of the future. He has to find his way home, but first he must travel to the outer edges of time to repair the world's chronology. On the way, he encounters strange friends and foes, uses incredible devices and vehicles, and penetrates and neutralizes the fortresses of the past, present and future. A paradox has been created. If he does not restore the order of time, nothing will ever be the same. He is the one who will become a hero. He is Crono.

vs.

Gabrielle's Ghostly Groove: Monster Mix - Join Gabrielle and her monster friends as they dance along to a spooktacular selection of songs. Grab your Wii Remote™ controller and dance along as you shimmy, shake and spin in time to the music. There's trouble in Monster Town: Vlad the Vampire's loyal zombies have disappeared. Gabrielle and her monster friends will have to bust some serious moves on the dance floor in order to lure them back. Along the way, maybe they can uncover the identity of the mysterious creature that's terrorizing Monster Town's zombies. Up to four players can show off their best moves in the game's multiplayer mode. (Additional accessories are required for multiplayer mode and are sold separately.) Short and full versions of songs let you dance as much as you want. Unlock tons of outrageous outfits and items.

I'm so glad that I grew up in the 80s/90s as opposed to nowadays.

As many of you know, black ops 2 is plaid with bugs, lag etc which many people have been suffering including me.

plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid

#1794 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2011 - 05:37 PM

I'm guessing that Final Fantasy III will be on the US Virtual Console in either 2 or 4 weeks, depending in Nintendo still has that 1 a month policy.
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#1795 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Viva Hate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2011 - 06:40 PM

I'm so glad that I grew up in the 80s/90s as opposed to nowadays.

Come on, a dance-based battle system and the ability to "unlock tons of outrageous outfits" could only have improved Chrono Trigger. :lol:

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#1796 Sarang01

Sarang01

My Use Name Is Saber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2011 - 04:11 AM

Are we talking the actual 2D Final Fantasy 3 for the NES? It would be about fucking time we get the original copy from EnixSquare instead of the giant Fuck you EnixSquare gave with only the option of the remake for it on the DS for fans here.
Posted Image

"Friends let friends eat each other out.".

#1797 Halo05

Halo05

Posted 21 May 2011 - 07:04 AM

I don't think the NES one will come out here. I'd love for it to happen complete with a translation but thus far, changes to VC games have been extremely minimal (changing Enix to Square Enix in Actraiser is about the only example I can think of off the top of my head).

I was referring to the SNES one by its original US name. We got CT and FF IV. Japan is slated to get FF VI (I think I read that somewhere). We'll get SNES III and it'll blow me away again.

#1798 Cao Cao

Cao Cao

Spoooooooky

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2011 - 12:16 PM

PR for this week is up. FAST is an F-Zero-esque title from Shin'en that has been getting some buzz over at GAF. VC release for this week is Super Adventure Island.

NINTENDO DOWNLOAD: FAST CARS AND A FEISTY DOCTOR DELIVER FRESH DOWNLOADABLE FUN

This week's new downloadable games for Nintendo systems include two different ways to get behind the wheel – one futuristic, the other retro. In FAST – Racing League for the WiiWare™ service, players can fast-forward 100 years into the future to experience antigravity racing thrills. In Valet Parking 1989™ for the Nintendo DSiWare™ service, they can jump back a couple of decades to strategically handle a host of vintage '80s automobiles. For those who prefer hospitals instead of hot rods, House M.D. - Globetrotting gives Nintendo DSi™ owners a way to immerse themselves in a rich medical drama. And for timeless console fun, the Super NES™ classic Super Adventure Island is now playable on the Wii™ system via the Virtual Console™ service. Whatever your gaming appetite demands, these great new downloads can help you kick off your summer with a smile.

WiiWare™

FAST – Racing League
Publisher: Shin'en Multimedia
Price: 1,000 Wii Points™
Description: In the year 2112, the masses are fascinated by extreme high-speed races. The latest antigravity racing technology introduced phase-shifting. Perfectly phase-matching tracks and racing machines is the key to survival. Prepare yourself for a whole new racing experience at breakneck speeds. Push your skills to the limit to win races and beat records. Challenge your friends to an all-out split-screen competition. Compete against ruthless opponents and race to the top of all leagues. Warm up your engines – the future is now.

BIT.TRIP VOID (demo version)
Publisher: Aksys Games
Price: 0 Wii Points; full version available for 600 Wii Points
Description: BIT.TRIP VOID is the third installment in the retro-arcade BIT.TRIP saga. BIT.TRIP VOID is a synesthetic exploration of rhythm and music as they pertain to our everyday lives and moods. In a control scheme that's new to the series yet wholly familiar to gamers, players are given complete freedom to move about the screen wherever they desire and interact with the music in new ways. The classic game-play aesthetic remains – color and the absence of color are explored to the fullest. Trip out in four-player co-op and get lost in the beat with a friend. See if you can survive the onslaught of Beats and further your own BIT.TRIP.

Note: Some demo versions do not support all game features, and players cannot save their in-game progress in demo versions.

Virtual Console™

Super Adventure Island
Original platform: SNES
Publisher: Hudson Entertainment
ESRB Rating: E (Everyone) – Mild Cartoon Violence
Price: 800 Wii Points
Description: Adventure Island is a mysterious and beautiful land that has many hidden dangers. The hero of the island, Master Higgins, protects its inhabitants from many deadly creatures. He has restored peace to the uncharted island on many occasions. But something terrible has happened. While Master Higgins and Jeanie Jungle were stargazing, a dangerous entity known only as Dark Cloak turned Jeanie to stone. Master Higgins must venture toward Dark Cloak's castle at the foot of Ice Mountain to rescue her.

Nintendo DSiWare™

House M.D. - Globetrotting
Publisher: Legacy Interactive
ESRB Rating: T (Teen) – Drug Reference, Sexual Themes
Price: 800 Nintendo DSi Points™
Description: Whenever a patient is dying and no one can find any answers, the elite Diagnostic Medicine department at Princeton-Plainsboro Hospital must follow all leads to uncover the truth. Patients and family members lie to protect their own peculiar secrets, and the most unlikely clues sometimes can lead to answers. Dr. Gregory House and his team race to unravel a new medical mystery. An aging TV host seems to care less about his own health than his fame and reputation. Track down the correct diagnosis by interviewing and examining the patient, running lab tests and even performing surgery. Every piece of evidence reveals part of the solution, so careful observation and analysis are key. The clock is ticking – be prepared for multiple twists and turns as you solve the case.

B Team - Episode 1: Dust & Steel
Publisher: Subdued Software
ESRB Rating: E10+ (Everyone 10 and Older) – Use of Tobacco, Violence
Description: B Team - Episode 1: Dust & Steel is a humorous, action-packed squad-based shooter in which players control a small private army whose soldiers were hired from all over the world. Lead your platoon through an onslaught of commandos, voodoo warriors, dangerous guerillas… and that's just the beginning. When the action gets too intense to manage on your own, hook up with a friend in multiplayer mode to battle your way through the bullets. While intense action is the game's chief focus, its multiple weapons, upgradeable equipment and destructible environment further enrich the experience.

Valet Parking 1989
Publisher: Zordix AB
ESRB Rating: E10+ (Everyone 10 and Older) – Mild Language, Mild Violence, Suggestive Themes
Description: Valet Parking 1989 combines fun driving with the humor and style of the late 1980s. Park and deliver cars as fast as possible in this time-management puzzle game. The setting is California, where glamorous celebrities let you park their radical sports cars and luxurious limousines. Play the movie-like story mode to unlock levels for endless play. Earn money to buy a cool car and drive it to the beach in style. Don't let the VIP guests wait any longer. Put on your vest and push the pedal to the metal.

Nintendo adds new titles to the Nintendo DSi Shop and the Wii Shop Channel at 9 a.m. Pacific time on Mondays. Users with broadband Internet access can redeem Wii Points or Nintendo DSi Points to download the games. Wii Points can be purchased in the Wii Shop Channel. Nintendo DSi Points can be purchased in the Nintendo DSi Shop. A Nintendo Points Card™ can be purchased at retail locations. All points from one Nintendo Points Card must be redeemed in either the Nintendo DSi Shop or the Wii Shop Channel. They are not transferable and cannot be divided between the two systems.

Remember that both Wii and Nintendo DSi feature parental controls that let adults manage the content their children can access. For more information about this and other features, visit http://wii.com or http://www.nintendodsi.com.

#1799 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2011 - 01:46 PM

I loved Super Adventure Island when I was a kid, but I seem to recall it being pretty hard. And it's one of those games where you start at the beginning of the game every time.

#1800 Emiroo

Emiroo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2011 - 02:20 PM

I'm boycotting the VC until they put out Pro Wrestling (NES).

I'd also like to see R.C. Pro-Am, Skate or Die and T&C Surf Designs.
Posted Image