Photo
- - - - -

Wii Shop Thread: ***FINAL FANTASY 3 IS OUT ON THE VC***

• Please log in to reply
1887 replies to this topic

#1801 yeah-yeah

yeah-yeah

Posted 31 May 2011 - 02:29 AM

I'm boycotting the VC until they put out Pro Wrestling (NES).

I'd also like to see R.C. Pro-Am, Skate or Die and T&C Surf Designs.

A winner is you!

I thought I was the only person who remembered T&C. Wasn't that game terrible, though? I remember wanting a really cool skateboarding game and the only tricks you could do were railslides and jumping off your board and landing on it again, right? And the surfing hardly had any tricks either, if I remember correctly. Just get your surfboard to the top of the wave and tap up and down to throw your nose over the top repeatedly to get points.

Skate or Die was great. 720 was also a blast but I hated the controller in the arcade.

#1802 spmahn

spmahn

Posted 31 May 2011 - 04:38 PM

I loved Super Adventure Island when I was a kid, but I seem to recall it being pretty hard. And it's one of those games where you start at the beginning of the game every time.

Super Adventure Island is good, but the TG16 version which has been on the VC almost since the beginning, is better. The best one is the long forgotten Super Adventure Island 2 for SNES which is more of a non-linear Action RPG as opposed to the rest of the series being strictly platforming.

#1803 Lawyers Guns N Money

Lawyers Guns N Money

Nobody from Nowhere

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2011 - 09:19 PM

I'm boycotting the VC until they put out Pro Wrestling (NES).

I'd also like to see R.C. Pro-Am, Skate or Die and T&C Surf Designs.

I'd buy all of these Day 1. Great memories from those games.

#1804 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2011 - 11:33 PM

New Game Downloads Invite You to Walk Tall and Sleep Tight

2011-06-06
Sometimes ordinary actions can lead you to extraordinary places. Case in point: this week's lineup of new downloadable games for the Wii and Nintendo DSi systems. In GO Series Picdun, a dungeon-themed RPG for the Nintendo DSiWare service, the simple act of walking can help you to solve scores of rich hidden-picture puzzles. In Dreamwalker, your goal is just to get a good night's sleep by overcoming a flurry of disruptive challenges. Browse hundreds of games available for instant download via the WiiWare and Nintendo DSiWare services and discover just how easy it is to go from zero to maximum gaming fun.

Nintendo DSiWare

GO Series Picdun
Publisher: Gamebridge
Players: 1
ESRB Rating: E (Everyone) – Fantasy Violence, Mild Suggestive Themes
Price: 500 Nintendo DSi Points
Description: PICture DUNgeon is a unique action RPG. As you explore the dungeon, every step you take will fill in the blanks of a hidden picture. Use your head to solve puzzles that unveil hidden passages, and use your pedometer to help find every step that will reveal the hidden images. Attack and counter with your sword and shield, charging up attacks to unleash killer blows. Upgrade your weapons and equipment and fight through hordes of creatures as you go deeper into the dungeon. Each of the 60 floors has a picture to unlock, each one more detailed than the last. Picdun will keep you playing for a very long time.

Dreamwalker
Publisher: Code Mystics Inc.
Players: 1
ESRB Rating: E (Everyone)
Price: 500 Nintendo DSi Points
Description: Meet Walker. Walker is wandering the land of dreams, following his sleepy path among the clouds and stars. Guide him peacefully through Dreamland to Sunrise without him waking up. But be careful: Walker faces many challenges to a good night's sleep. Alarm Clocks, Early Birds and Night Mares thwart your efforts. Dreamwalker is an action-puzzler in which you control the maze, shepherding Walker safely to his goal while counting sheep and avoiding sleep-disturbing hazards. Collect Reward Stars for clever solutions that complete the puzzle in minimal time or actions. Enjoy 40 levels of evolving challenges that introduce fresh puzzle features such as disappearing rainclouds, disorienting spinners and teleporters. Dreamwalker offers hours of game play, two bonus games and a rich soundtrack. Appealing to casual and core gamers alike, it's fun for all ages.

Crazy Cheebo: Puzzle Party
Publisher: Cypronia
Players: 1-2
ESRB Rating: E (Everyone) – Comic Mischief
Price: 200 Nintendo DSi Points
Description: Crazy Cheebo: Puzzle Party is a drag-and-drop-style matching game that casual gamers will enjoy. The objective is to switch two objects to make a horizontal or vertical set of three or more objects of the same color. Players can win various awards by matching more objects and creating combos. The game contains colorful graphics, a Crazy Cheebo character and lots of humorous videos. You can have even more fun when you compete against your friends in multiplayer games.

WiiWare

Ubongo
Publisher: Korner Entertainment
Players: 1-4
ESRB Rating: E (Everyone) – Mild Language
Price: 800 Wii Points
Description: What's Ubongo? Its mechanics are very simple. Just solve as many puzzles as you can and get gems of the same color. At the end of the established time, the player who has the most gems of any one color will be the winner. Modes include History Mode, Quick Game, Time Attack and Multiplayer Mode. The original board game is a blockbuster in many countries.

#1805 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2011 - 11:35 PM

I've got 500 points left on my DSi, and I think I'll buy Go Series Picdun with them.

Here's a crappy trailer.

Nintendo Life gave it a 90, and I tend to like games they like. Seems like a pretty packed game for DSiware. Here's their review.

#1806 Halo05

Halo05

Posted 13 June 2011 - 10:48 PM

So I went off to press.nintendo.com to see what came out this week. Instead I get a little message about how they're switching things up with the online stores. Okay, great, so switching things up means that you can't release anything the fucking week after e3? Sure...

I get it, Nintendo, you're pretty much done with the DS and the Wii but you haven't told me shit about how much the Wii U will cost and I know that the 3DS will get a better version in a year so I'm not going to buy one now.

I'm down for Skyward Sword, but it fucking sucks that I'm pretty much being forced out of the DS. Did it ever even get outsold by the PSP in the US? Yeah, I'm off on a tangent but it seems stupid to have launched the 3DS when no one wanted the DS to get replaced.

EDIT - Oops haha. I guess they're going to do updates on Thursdays now, nevermind, carry on.

As many of you know, black ops 2 is plaid with bugs, lag etc which many people have been suffering including me.

plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid

#1807 Rodimus

Rodimus

I'm Different

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2011 - 11:14 PM

I have 700 points I want to spend and looking to buy a WiiWare game. I already have Mega Man 9,10, Castlevania ReBirth, World of Goo, Bit-Trip Beat, & Pokemon Rumble. Any suggestions?

#1808 foltzie

foltzie

Strell where art thou?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2011 - 02:37 AM

Muscle march!

#1809 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2011 - 12:16 PM

Did it ever even get outsold by the PSP in the US? Yeah, I'm off on a tangent but it seems stupid to have launched the 3DS when no one wanted the DS to get replaced.

PSP has 17 million owners in the US.
67 million users worldwide.

Wikipedia is a little behind, stating 127 million DS units worldwide a year ago. It's got at least 55 million users in the US. Kinda the best-selling handheld of all time.

http://en.wikipedia....ntendo_DS_sales

#1810 Gden

Gden

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2011 - 02:40 PM

I have 700 points I want to spend and looking to buy a WiiWare game. I already have Mega Man 9,10, Castlevania ReBirth, World of Goo, Bit-Trip Beat, & Pokemon Rumble. Any suggestions?

If you had enough points I would suggest Contra Rebirth because its awesome.
I'm not changing my signature until Busou Renkin, and Trizenon get licensed.
FC: Pokemon Pearl - 1160-6253-4611
Posted Image

#1811 Halo05

Halo05

Posted 14 June 2011 - 04:08 PM

I really enjoyed Castlevania Rebirth although I'm dying for a stage select code. You can't save your progress so any time I want to play it, I have to start over.

Regarding the DS vs. PSP sales numbers, I knew that DS was ahead, I guess I was more looking for some evidence that the PSP was beating the DS on a month to month basis. I'm not that worried about it, not enough to go do the research but I will say that anecdotally, it never happened in the US. We don't enjoy Monster Hunter enough. I guess my beef is that if you're winning the monthly sales wars, why fix what isn't broken.

Come on Nintendo, announce the 3ds lite for next summer so I can at least look forward to getting one.

As many of you know, black ops 2 is plaid with bugs, lag etc which many people have been suffering including me.

plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid

#1812 Gden

Gden

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2011 - 03:19 AM

The PSP was ahead for a month or two, in japan. It had actually topped sales charts for systems, in japan, during that time. Read that on the-magicbox
Posted Image

#1813 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

Toneman.org coming soon..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2011 - 06:19 AM

Holy crap, I had 5400 points on my account. Snagged Chrono Trigger and now I don't know what else to blow my points on. According to Wikipedia, the Nintendo points system is going to be phased out-- how does that work for points already on the account? I just don't want to get screwed over.

Maybe I'll gift a bunch of people Super Mario RPG and get some more sales for the game in so that the following happens:

-Square and Nintendo quickly realize that in the DS' twilight, a port can be made to cash in
-Square and Nintendo quickly realize that a sequel should be discussed
- For no apparent reason, Mother 3 is translated and released in America, along with a series of sequels that are critically acclaimed and sell millions.
You hurt the right person and you're wrong for life.

#1814 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2011 - 09:53 AM

Points don't convert over from DSi to 3DS. You have to spend 'em before you transfer. Same thing will happen with the Wii to Wii U most likely.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#1815 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2011 - 02:36 PM

I've got like 2400 points on my Wii and don't know what to do with them. Haven't turned the Wii on in ages.

#1816 dothog

dothog

n ur race snakin mai kart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2011 - 03:03 PM

I have had 1100 pts on the Wii since 2007-08 awaiting the release of Yoshi's Island or Earthbound, whichever comes first.

And don't worry, guys: I made an online petition demanding that NOA release them to the VC, so it's bound to happen.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#1817 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2011 - 03:22 PM

I forgot if I even have points on the system. Waiting on Pilotwings 64.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#1818 foltzie

foltzie

Strell where art thou?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2011 - 03:30 PM

I have had 1100 pts on the Wii since 2007-08 awaiting the release of Yoshi's Island or Earthbound, whichever comes first.

And don't worry, guys: I made an online petition demanding that NOA release them to the VC, so it's bound to happen.

Sweet, I should get my Wrecking Crew 11 petition going then.

#1819 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Viva Hate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2011 - 03:43 PM

I thought I had some points left over on my Wii, turned it on to see about downloading Chrono Trigger, and ran into a big fat zero. :cry: I'll probably throw $20 worth on there when Final Fantasy VI comes out and I can grab both.

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#1820 Mad D

Mad D

CAG lurker since 04

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2011 - 03:55 PM

Holy crap, I had 5400 points on my account. Snagged Chrono Trigger and now I don't know what else to blow my points on. According to Wikipedia, the Nintendo points system is going to be phased out-- how does that work for points already on the account? I just don't want to get screwed over.

I have 5100. Did you load up during that pepsi promotion too :lol: I think I paid about $25 for 10000 points. Been spending them on indy games I wasn't sure about like like Bit Trip, And Yet it Moves (seemed very bland at first but recommended, liked it more than World of Goo).

I'll get Retro City Rampage, La Mulana and maybe Machinarium once they come out and that should get rid of most my left overs. The demos they launched late saved me a bit of money, I almost blind purchased Frobot which wouldn't have been too bad of a mistake.

#1821 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

Toneman.org coming soon..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2011 - 05:25 PM

KingBroly, I was referring to this

The Nintendo Points currency system is not supported on the Nintendo 3DS, and will eventually become fully obsolete on the Wii and Nintendo DSi as well when Nintendo's real currency-based system becomes standard. In Japan, the Wii and Nintendo DSi shops already converted to the new currency system that is used by the Nintendo 3DS.

So, it sounds at some point the Wii shop will stop taking points. I'm curious how that affects existing points cards, and points already loaded on someone's system.

Also, Mad, I didn't load up on Pepsi (though it sounds like you did a hell of a job) I got cards from TRU when they were 12.XX. Yet It Moves, I completely forgot about. I may grab that. Also, good call on Retro City Rampage-- that game looks awesome. I remember reading a preview in Nintendo Power months ago-- still not out, eh? Also, Sega is bringing out a localized version of Monster IV, so I'll definitely be grabbing that to support imports done properly.
You hurt the right person and you're wrong for life.

#1822 Gden

Gden

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2011 - 02:46 PM

I like the site I got this from, they actually post the things that people give a crap about first.

* Nintendo eShop
o Donkey Kong - The Game Boy version of the classic arcade game returns. Donkey Kong has once again kidnapped Pauline. Challenged by many perils, Mario must reach his archrival in order to save our damsel in distress. (For Nintendo 3DS)
* Virtual Console
o Mega Man 5 - Guide Mega Man through 13 action-packed stages and defeat all eight of Protoman's robots. Then get ready for a fight that pits brother against brother in the battle of the century. (For Wii)
* WiiWare
o BIT.TRIP FLUX (demo version) - Get ready for classic paddle-based game play as the acclaimed BIT.TRIP series comes full-circle with BIT.TRIP FLUX, CommanderVideo's final adventure. (For Wii)

Note: Some demo versions do not support all game features, and players cannot save their in-game progress in demo versions.

Also new this week:

* Gold Fever (Nintendo eShop, Nintendo DSiWare)
* Zimo: Mahjong Fanatic (Nintendo eShop, Nintendo DSiWare)
* Hidden Photo (Nintendo eShop, Nintendo DSiWare)
* Beach Party Craze (Nintendo eShop, Nintendo DSiWare)
* Snail Mail (WiiWare)
Posted Image

#1823 Halo05

Halo05

Posted 16 June 2011 - 02:53 PM

So we're getting Mega Man 5 on Monday? What magical site has the upcoming games listed?

#1824 theflicker

theflicker

Posted 16 June 2011 - 04:45 PM

Oh awesome. DK GB is fantastic. I wish the new entries would drop the Minis back into the background.

#1825 SteveGo

SteveGo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2011 - 05:27 PM

So we're getting Mega Man 5 on Monday? What magical site has the upcoming games listed?

They are out today. The new day for Nintendo releases is Thursday for all formats.

#1826 Gden

Gden

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2011 - 09:08 PM

Oh awesome. DK GB is fantastic. I wish the new entries would drop the Minis back into the background.

this x 100000000000000000000
Posted Image

#1827 creid

creid

Dead For The Summer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2011 - 10:57 PM

I like the site I got this from, they actually post the things that people give a crap about first.

* Nintendo eShop
o Donkey Kong - The Game Boy version of the classic arcade game returns. Donkey Kong has once again kidnapped Pauline. Challenged by many perils, Mario must reach his archrival in order to save our damsel in distress. (For Nintendo 3DS)
* Virtual Console
o Mega Man 5 - Guide Mega Man through 13 action-packed stages and defeat all eight of Protoman's robots. Then get ready for a fight that pits brother against brother in the battle of the century. (For Wii)
* WiiWare
o BIT.TRIP FLUX (demo version) - Get ready for classic paddle-based game play as the acclaimed BIT.TRIP series comes full-circle with BIT.TRIP FLUX, CommanderVideo's final adventure. (For Wii)

Note: Some demo versions do not support all game features, and players cannot save their in-game progress in demo versions.

Also new this week:

* Gold Fever (Nintendo eShop, Nintendo DSiWare)
* Zimo: Mahjong Fanatic (Nintendo eShop, Nintendo DSiWare)
* Hidden Photo (Nintendo eShop, Nintendo DSiWare)
* Beach Party Craze (Nintendo eShop, Nintendo DSiWare)
* Snail Mail (WiiWare)

All the site did was copy & paste Nintendo's press release, which had the games in that order.

#1828 Halo05

Halo05

Posted 16 June 2011 - 11:29 PM

Oh yeah, my dumbass already forgot about the switch to Thursday.

DK Gameboy is awesome, everyone with a 3DS needs to get it. I wish I still had it and my Super Gameboy. That game owned my world for the week-ish that it took to beat.

#1829 Gden

Gden

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2011 - 02:42 PM

Update for this week, already nintendo are you really running out of good games to give us?
Nintendo eShop and Nintendo DSiWare™
• Pro Jumper! Guilty Gear Tangent!? – Chimaki from Guilty Gear 2 stars in this quirky platformer. Make use of his run, jump and towel attacks to collect apples and successfully bypass the legions bent on his destruction. (For Nintendo 3DS™/Nintendo DSi™)

WiiWare™
• The Mystery of Whiterock Castle – Experience a thrilling search for a missing princess. Find all the hidden objects in 10 meticulously detailed settings as you get to know the various inhabitants and rooms of the castle. (For Wii™)

Nintendo eShop and Nintendo DSiWare
• Stratego: Next Edition – Demonstrate your strategic skills on the battlefield against opponents who will do everything in their power to outsmart you. Rise to the challenge and become the greatest general of all time. (For Nintendo 3DS/Nintendo DSi)

Also new this week:
• Tennis (Nintendo eShop)
• Delbo (Nintendo eShop, Nintendo DSiWare)
Posted Image

#1830 soonersfan60

soonersfan60

Longing for retro CAG...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2011 - 02:50 PM

I'm still sad over the lost potential of the Virtual Console...