1889 replies to this topic

#1831 SteveGo

SteveGo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2011 - 03:30 PM

This week's Nintendo Download includes the following featured games:

Virtual Console™
Final Fantasy® III - Experience the fun of this extraordinary RPG franchise. Originally released as FINAL FANTASY III on the Super NES™ in North America, this game is in fact FINAL FANTASY VI from the main series chronology. (For Wii™)

Nintendo eShop and Nintendo DSiWare™
Moto eXtreme - Defy gravity, perform awesome stunts and navigate crazy courses. With intuitive controls and fun-packed game play, this is a ride you won't want to miss. (For Nintendo 3DS™ / Nintendo DSi™)

Nintendo eShop
Kirby's Dream Land™ - Kirby's debut video game has been re-released for Nintendo 3DS. Someone has stolen the magical Twinkle Stars from the inhabitants of Dream Land. It's Kirby™ to the rescue. (For Nintendo 3DS)

Also new this week:
• The Lost Town - The Dust (Nintendo eShop)
• Boardwalk Ball Toss™ (Nintendo eShop, Nintendo DSiWare)
• Hearts Spades Euchre (Nintendo eShop, Nintendo DSiWare)
• Big Town Shoot Out™ (WiiWare™)

#1832 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2011 - 03:55 PM

Just watched a trailer for Moto Xtreme here.

http://www.3dsview.c...xtreme-trailer/

Looks like a zoomed in Trials HD with a crappy grappling hook.

#1833 Strell

Strell

LOBSTERS!....IN MY PANTS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2011 - 04:03 PM

You should be playing Final Fantasy 3 anyway. Whenever you ask yourself the question "Am I currently playing Final Fantasy 3?" and the answer is no, you should feel bad about yourself, and rectify it immediately.

I was in the middle of saving a drowning puppy when I asked myself that. Good times, good times.

The puppy drowned. He was kind of a jerk though for a puppy.

Posted Image
Aminal Crossing: Strell@Tazmily, 2836-3590- 0819

"One of the more...amusing screwballs around here..." - shrike4242
Join the El Hoardo Fan Club!
Threadless.com puts the fun back in laundry!...lafundry! HOORAY! (Referral link)
Wii Obscure FAQ and Facts Thread [Version 2.0] ::: Wii Shop Thread ::: DSi Shop Thread

#1834 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

You tell me where to be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2011 - 04:58 PM

Whenever you ask yourself the question "Am I currently playing Final Fantasy 3?" and the answer is no, you should feel bad about yourself, and rectify it immediately.

Words to live by.

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#1835 ratzombie

ratzombie

aka yunkie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2011 - 08:06 PM

You should be playing Final Fantasy 3 anyway. Whenever you ask yourself the question "Am I currently playing Final Fantasy 3?" and the answer is no, you should feel bad about yourself, and rectify it immediately.

I was in the middle of saving a drowning puppy when I asked myself that. Good times, good times.

Final Fantasy 3 is that good?

#1836 foltzie

foltzie

Strell where art thou?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2011 - 08:31 PM

I do feel bad, but I grew tired of the grinding and never finished back in the day. Probably the only game I never finished from the SNES era and it was still epic.

If you like RPGs FF3 (VI) was in fact that good.

#1837 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

You tell me where to be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2011 - 08:39 PM

Best story, characters, and music in the franchise by a long shot. Utterly beautiful 16-bit graphics. Second best battle system and overall gameplay-- but I am one of those weirdos who thinks FF12 was revolutionary and amazing, so if you hated that game, feel free to give FF6 the gameplay crown too.

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#1838 pimpinc333

pimpinc333

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2011 - 09:08 PM

Final Fantasy VI is one of the best FF games hands down. I'm thinking of buying it and playing it again. It holds up really well for being such an old game.

#1839 Strell

Strell

LOBSTERS!....IN MY PANTS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2011 - 09:16 PM

Yukine is just mad Barky Bark is dead.

Get over it. That puppy was a bitch. Literally! Meanwhile I was leading an underground resistance force against a mad tyrant and his insane underlings.

Posted Image
Aminal Crossing: Strell@Tazmily, 2836-3590- 0819

"One of the more...amusing screwballs around here..." - shrike4242
Join the El Hoardo Fan Club!
Threadless.com puts the fun back in laundry!...lafundry! HOORAY! (Referral link)
Wii Obscure FAQ and Facts Thread [Version 2.0] ::: Wii Shop Thread ::: DSi Shop Thread

#1840 Mixer23

Mixer23

I was the Turkey!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2011 - 09:25 PM

It's still my favorite, and I've at least *liked* all of them.

The articles I read seem to conjure up these images of Capcom executives sitting in a dark room with a cauldron and cackling about how no one will be able to buy this game used.

Do you really think I could start a fast food restaurant called McDonaldz and use the golden arches as my logo and get away with it?

#1841 SteveGo

SteveGo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2011 - 03:02 PM

NINTENDO DOWNLOAD - THURSDAY, JULY 7, 2011

This week's Nintendo Download includes the following featured games:

WiiWare:
Just JAM - Pick up that Wii Remote™ controller and get ready to mix, match and lay down your own tunes. Just JAM offers a live music experience featuring your favorite genres and cool artists. (For Wii™)

Nintendo eShop + Nintendo DSiWare™:
Jewel Keepers: Easter Island - With mind-blowing visuals and an engaging storyline, this game will keep you entertained for hours as you travel across Easter Island and help to unravel its mysteries. (For Nintendo 3DS™ / Nintendo DSi™)

Nintendo eShop:
Fortified Zone - Originally released in 1991, this action game allows two characters to be used alternately. Secret agents Masato and Mizuki have been dispatched to infiltrate and destroy an enemy fortress. (For Nintendo 3DS)

Also new this week:

• Qix™ (Nintendo eShop)
• Make Up & Style (Nintendo eShop, Nintendo DSiWare)
• Roller Angels (Nintendo eShop, Nintendo DSiWare)
• Farm Frenzy (Nintendo eShop, Nintendo DSiWare)

#1842 Mr. 420

Mr. 420

Posted 19 July 2011 - 06:05 PM

About 3 years late on final fantasy 3 nintendo. I'd buy it today but my paltry hd is full and i don't want to delete a second shooter.
:booty::-#:fridge:
:imwithst::puke::bow:

#1843 McFryyyyyy

McFryyyyyy

Mogwai Fear Satan!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2011 - 12:37 AM

I have an asston of Wii points still think I might pick up FF3 tonight :)

Kamagii.png

#1844 spmahn

spmahn

Posted 11 August 2011 - 04:57 PM

If anyone has extra points to spend, definitely check out Super Adventure Island 2 for SNES which was put up today. It's a non-linear adventure platformer with some RPG-ish elements, totally different from the rest of the series, and it was quickly forgotten about after it's release. It really is one of the best platformers on the console though.

#1845 Halo05

Halo05

Posted 12 August 2011 - 02:24 AM

About 3 years late on final fantasy 3 nintendo. I'd buy it today but my paltry hd is full and i don't want to delete a second shooter.

Buy a super cheap SD card and migrate stuff to it. My Wii is split up by systems. All my NES and SNES games are on the internal memory, every other system/Wiiware is on a ~$8 SD card.

As many of you know, black ops 2 is plaid with bugs, lag etc which many people have been suffering including me.

plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid

#1846 dracula

dracula

i'll buy that for a dolla

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2011 - 12:16 AM

yes
"If it ain't fifty cents then I dont want it."

http://www.cheapassg...171#post1074171

Posted Image

#1847 Gden

Gden

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2011 - 04:30 PM

NINTENDO DOWNLOAD HIGHLIGHTS NEW DIGITAL CONTENT FOR NINTENDO SYSTEMS FOR SEPT. 15, 2011

Sept. 15, 2011

This week’s Nintendo Download includes the following featured content:

WiiWare™
MotoHeroz – Racing game thrills meet platformer charm in MotoHeroz, a side-scrolling racer built with simple controls and engaging physics. The result is a new kind of racing adventure. (For Wii™)

Nintendo eShop
Mega Man™: Dr. Wily’s Revenge – Play as Capcom’s iconic cybernetic superhero in his first portable adventure. Fight through four stages and send Dr. Wily and his eight evil robot creations back to the trash heap. (For Nintendo 3DS™)

Nintendo Video™
Blue Man Group Foley Part 1 – Every step you take, every move you make. It’s like air guitar on steroids, but something just isn’t right… This offering for the Nintendo Video service becomes available today at 3 p.m. Pacific time. (For Nintendo 3DS)

Nintendo eShop / Nintendo DSiWare™
Defense of the Middle Kingdom – Place stationary soldiers on the map in an effort to thwart oncoming forces. Enemies will come in waves, trying to invade your territory. Keep them from reaching the end of the path to secure victory. (For Nintendo 3DS / Nintendo DSi™)

Also new this week:
• Bridge (Nintendo eShop / Nintendo DSiWare)
I'm not changing my signature until Busou Renkin, and Trizenon get licensed.
FC: Pokemon Pearl - 1160-6253-4611
Posted Image

#1848 doubledown

doubledown

Funky Daddy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2011 - 05:51 PM

I haven't powered up the Wii in forever....any suggestions on what I missed in the WiiStore? Must have games?

#1849 Halo05

Halo05

Posted 07 October 2011 - 05:59 PM

Probably not, the VC is dead as Fuck and most Wiiware games are pants-shittingly bad.

Get Castlevania Rebirth if you don't already have it.

As many of you know, black ops 2 is plaid with bugs, lag etc which many people have been suffering including me.

plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid

#1850 Brad Bishop

Brad Bishop

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2011 - 11:17 AM

VC looks dead to me, too.

I check every so often just to see if they released any Nintendo Arcade titles to VC (Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong Jr., Mario Bros) - They seem like naturals but no, they never do.

Checked this morning and it looks like there's been one or two VC releases this year and just a few more last year. I think they've given up on it.

#1851 soonersfan60

soonersfan60

Longing for retro CAG...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2011 - 01:18 PM

You know what would have been so cool... Nintendo should have released VC games on their original schedule, say +15 years. That would put some buzz back into the VC.

#1852 Halo05

Halo05

Posted 13 October 2011 - 05:12 PM

You know what would have been so cool... Nintendo should have released VC games on their original schedule, say +15 years. That would put some buzz back into the VC.

That would've been really cool. Many old games didn't have super-firm release dates but they could do stuff like a holiday rush with games appearing in at least the appropriate month (For example, I think FF III was October of 1994).

#1853 rapsodist

rapsodist

My Heart Is a 16-Bit Chip

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2011 - 05:23 PM

It took me a couple reads to even understand what you were suggesting because it's such an outside-the-box idea. I love it!

#1854 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2011 - 06:31 PM

I'd be in, but only if they could replicate the "chip shortages" of 1988 that caused most consumers to have a really hard time finding copies of SMB2 and Zelda 2 (at least in my memory), among others.

Maybe only 10% of Wii consumers, randomly selected, would have it show up in their store, and more and more will have it appear as the weeks go by. Yeah?

I mean, what's all this nonsense about reliving the experience if we can't relive the "you found it? nah, me either?. wait, you did? where the Fuck? oh, at a Super X store? no shit?" fanaticism of the NES era.
Posted Image

#1855 Halo05

Halo05

Posted 13 October 2011 - 07:01 PM

I found the SNES Ogre Battle like that. It was nuts. No major store had it, no one knew what I was talking about when I called, I knew the game existed but without the internet, no one else did. Then I randomly called Starland Videogames and started what turned out to be a very long relationship between them as a store and me as a customer.

I don't know if I'd like to try and digitally hunt down a copy of something to buy, but as time goes on, I do think the digital download business model needs something more. For example, if I got a PS3 today and I owned no games for it, wandering onto the PSN with, say $20 would be overwhelming. I'd be greeted by dozens of games that I want to buy and no real way to pick where to start. I'm not saying that I want games to vanish from digital storefronts but something will eventually change, I'm just not smart enough to know what it will be.

#1856 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2011 - 07:07 PM

Then I randomly called Starland Videogames and started what turned out to be a very long relationship between them as a store and me as a customer.

Posted Image

What? Not on topic? Please. Blame Nintendo for turning their DD model into a ghetto.
Posted Image

#1857 Halo05

Halo05

Posted 26 November 2011 - 06:24 AM

...a month and half later, we still haven't gotten any new VC games.

And to think that I felt the original Xbox had an undignified death.

It wouldn't bug me if there weren't some glaring loose ends sitting around on the VC but at least finish the franchises that have at least a few entries on the VC. I'm looking at you Mega Man and MMX. I think Konami said they were done with the VC which is terrible because there's no Castlevania Bloodlines or Contra up yet.

#1858 soonersfan60

soonersfan60

Longing for retro CAG...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2011 - 02:44 PM

I don't really understand Nintendo's position on the VC. They did seem to push it at the beginning as a selling point. I can understand about other companies' games, perhaps, but there are lots of Nintendo's own games we never got. Even if the sales aren't great, it can't cost them much to "convert" them and make them available. And if they had done better at the beginning (including things like giving original Wii buyers the first SMB/Duck Hunt combo or something as a free VC download), then they would have gotten people involved and used to doing it early on, and maybe kept them interested. They did a few releases of the original on VC right before releasing the re-done version at retail. But not nearly enough! Such a wasted opportunity.

#1859 coolz481

coolz481

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2011 - 08:38 PM

Has there been any word about how Virtual Console will migrate to the Wii U? Has any games "journalist" actually asked about whether Nintendo might move to a system where purchases are tied to the user rather than the console?
\\:D/

#1860 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2011 - 10:46 AM

With the exception of TMNT, I imagine they'll all transfer over to Wii U. I doubt Nintendo will make an account-based system though, as there isn't one for the eShop.

Nintendo just needs to push their online shop more, and that's how they'll get more digital goods. In addition, they need an account system. It's the main reason why sales on WSC stopped because people ran into the issue of their systems dying and they couldn't transfer them over to a new system.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image