Wii Shop Thread: ***FINAL FANTASY 3 IS OUT ON THE VC***

• Please log in to reply
1889 replies to this topic

#1861 uncle5555

uncle5555

Grumpy Veteran CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2011 - 04:47 AM

With the exception of TMNT, I imagine they'll all transfer over to Wii U. I doubt Nintendo will make an account-based system though, as there isn't one for the eShop.

Nintendo just needs to push their online shop more, and that's how they'll get more digital goods. In addition, they need an account system. It's the main reason why sales on WSC stopped because people ran into the issue of their systems dying and they couldn't transfer them over to a new system.

That and they saw the sales on SMB All Stars and wondered "hey, I think we're onto something here, cha-ching".
The CAG motto: "Maybe you'll luck out and get the game during a sale before it sells out, maybe not, that's the life of a CAG. Luck of the draw. And timing is everything."

#1862 soonersfan60

soonersfan60

Longing for retro CAG...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2011 - 03:09 PM

If only they would actually release alot of their classic catalog as ______ All Stars, I don't think people would complain as much.

#1863 Halo05

Halo05

Posted 12 January 2012 - 02:07 PM

I wouldn't complain.

Hell, I thought the $30 rerelease of SMB All-stars was cool mostly because of the fancy packaging. I realize it's just a rom on a disc but I never thought we'd see that much.

New game choices up for Club Nintendo. The only VC choice is Majora's Mask for 150 coins and the only Wiiware choice is Dr. Mario Online... RX? It's 100 coins. Both through Jan. 31.

As many of you know, black ops 2 is plaid with bugs, lag etc which many people have been suffering including me.

plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid

#1864 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2012 - 09:05 PM

All 50 Wii Ware Demos are up on the Wii Shop Channel. Get them all!
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#1865 yeah-yeah

yeah-yeah

Posted 19 January 2012 - 02:19 AM

I wouldn't complain.

New game choices up for Club Nintendo. The only VC choice is Majora's Mask for 150 coins and the only Wiiware choice is Dr. Mario Online... RX? It's 100 coins. Both through Jan. 31.

Whoa! I have 230 coins from I don't even remember when. And you're saying I can get games with them? Sweet!

How long have they been giving away games for coins? What did they give away in the past?

Thanks for the info!

#1866 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2012 - 02:34 AM

I think this is only the second month.
Posted Image

#1867 yeah-yeah

yeah-yeah

Posted 19 January 2012 - 02:45 AM

I think this is only the second month.

Awww, crap. They had Super Mario Kart and Fluidity last month. Ah well. Still, very happy with Majora's Mask. I've been meaning to go back and play that one again. There was one fairy I never found in the Water palace and it's been nagging me for a long, long time.

#1868 Snake2715

Snake2715

Gotta Have Your Toys...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2012 - 04:17 AM

yeah I missed fluidity.. oh well.
-Josh

Posted Image
-courtesy of onetrackmind-

TRADE LIST

#1869 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2012 - 04:50 PM

Today's Releases are...

Strider (Genesis) - 800 points
Hulu Plus - Free App Download, $7.99 a month service
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#1870 Halo05

Halo05

Posted 16 February 2012 - 09:56 PM

Mother of god, a VC game!

As many of you know, black ops 2 is plaid with bugs, lag etc which many people have been suffering including me.

plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid

#1871 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 12:45 AM

Mega Man X2 last week

Double Dragon 2 this week

MADNESS I TELLS YA, MADNESS!

All we need now is TMNT 2: The Arcade Game and the circle will be complete.
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#1872 Sarang01

Sarang01

My Use Name Is Saber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2012 - 04:12 PM

Frankly I would like to see "SoulBlazer", "Terranigma" and the "7th Saga" games. Of all the games NOT to include yet "Terranigma" seems a no brainer as it was translated into English but just never got a release here.
Posted Image

"Friends let friends eat each other out.".

#1873 Mad D

Mad D

CAG lurker since 04

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 12:19 AM

La Mulana is out!

Went ahead and downloaded it. Still have 4000 points left thanks to that Pepsi promotion a year plus back. Waiting for Retro City Rampage.

#1874 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 10:53 AM

How does Last Blade play? Considering that the other ports of the game were based on the Neo Geo CD version, that has good music but crappy load times, this must be based on the MVS version right?

Batsugunner.png

#1875 J7.

J7.

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:35 AM

Donkey Kong Country 1-3 is gone from the Virtual Console. Nice of Nintendo to tell us ahead of time.
Also being removed from the Europe Store. No word on why this happened. Can anyone think of any Donkey Kong anniversary coming up? http://www.highdefdi...l_Console/10566

#1876 Josh5890

Josh5890

For AC New Leaf 3DS- 3110-4025-7228

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:02 AM

Donkey Kong Country 1-3 is gone from the Virtual Console. Nice of Nintendo to tell us ahead of time.
Also being removed from the Europe Store. No word on why this happened. Can anyone think of any Donkey Kong anniversary coming up? http://www.highdefdi...l_Console/10566

I have all 3 on the VC so I'm good. It does seem strange though.

#1877 Halo05

Halo05

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:03 AM

I would've at least grabbed the first one if I knew they were going away.

Although if they show up in a compilation, I'll be thrilled beyond belief.

#1878 soonersfan60

soonersfan60

Longing for retro CAG...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:05 PM

I'm calling it... HD re-makes of all 3 NES versions, plus original arcade version that appeared in DK64... and as an added bonus, you can download the GB 100 level version if you register your game with Club Nintendo. ;)

#1879 Strell

Strell

LOBSTERS!....IN MY PANTS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:16 PM

I thought I remember someone saying that this may have happened before (perhaps with DKC, perhaps some other first/second party games) where the issue was that something had to be negotiated regarding the license or something else legal related.

I could see the compilation route as well.

Probably would have grabbed at least DKC if I had known about them being taken down.

Posted Image
Aminal Crossing: Strell@Tazmily, 2836-3590- 0819

"One of the more...amusing screwballs around here..." - shrike4242
Join the El Hoardo Fan Club!
Threadless.com puts the fun back in laundry!...lafundry! HOORAY! (Referral link)
Wii Obscure FAQ and Facts Thread [Version 2.0] ::: Wii Shop Thread ::: DSi Shop Thread

#1880 AFRO insomniac

AFRO insomniac

Pikmin 3 - Challenge Mode is DOPE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:33 AM

Is there currently a Wii U version of this thread?

Any thread similar to the PSN/XBLA threads but for Wii U?

Playing

Spoiler
2014 2013

#1881 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:51 AM

I thought I remember someone saying that this may have happened before (perhaps with DKC, perhaps some other first/second party games) where the issue was that something had to be negotiated regarding the license or something else legal related.

I could see the compilation route as well.

Probably would have grabbed at least DKC if I had known about them being taken down.

There is no licensing issues with the DKC games though. Nintendo owns everything about them. I've been told this first hand. It's more likely they were taken down because they look completely awful now.

And no, there is no Wii U eShop thread...yet.
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#1882 J7.

J7.

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:48 AM

There is no licensing issues with the DKC games though. Nintendo owns everything about them. I've been told this first hand. It's more likely they were taken down because they look completely awful now.

And no, there is no Wii U eShop thread...yet.

I recently heard that it could be from licensing stuff they have to do with Rare/MS due to including the games on Wii U, they had to redo the licenses and takes them off Wii until that happens. That they have to license something that has to do with it despite Nintendo owning all of DKC entirely. Maybe just the fact that the name Rareware is included.

#1883 GameDemonKing

GameDemonKing

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:35 PM

It's unfortunate that we cannot put in here trades for Wii points because although you have the proper folder for that, what's the point of doing so where there isn't a thread to trade Wii points. I mean you have Club Nintendo code, Wii game and Wii U game trade threads and you can post them but it would be easier to list one instead of having it scattered and by the way, both Microsoft and Sony has their points trade thread, so why not Nintendo points trade thread.

Anyways, the games released over the years by Nintendo were all right and still have a lot of fun.

#1884 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Snipers and dirty tricks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2013 - 08:04 PM

Damn, I wish I'd known last year that SimCity for SNES was going to be taken down from the VC. Always intended to pick it up at some point, but apparently it was pulled from the store in January. :(

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#1885 TurboNerd

TurboNerd

I'm looking for co-op buddies! PM me!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2013 - 04:00 AM

I am a little confused about the Wii U as far as the Virtual Console games. Are all the games released on the VC for the Wii available to download on the Wii U? I am thinking of picking up a Wii U and I'd love to grab Ocarina of Time to start off with.

fs_pc.png fs_xbox.png
I'm looking for co-op buddies on XBOX Live and Steam! PM me!

#1886 synnarc

synnarc

old & crotchety

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2013 - 10:43 PM

I am a little confused about the Wii U as far as the Virtual Console games. Are all the games released on the VC for the Wii available to download on the Wii U? I am thinking of picking up a Wii U and I'd love to grab Ocarina of Time to start off with.

Sadly no. The Wii and WiiU have 2 different libraries for their own Virtual Consoles.

If backlog games were bricks I'd have my own housing project.

385016.png

#1887 io

io

Posted 22 September 2013 - 11:31 PM

Sadly no. The Wii and WiiU have 2 different libraries for their own Virtual Consoles.

Right, but just to be clear, you can still get those Wii VC games on your Wii U - but it has to be in Wii mode with separate Wii Points money on the Wii shop.

#1888 chiifea

chiifea

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2013 - 12:43 AM

nice one

#1889 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

Toneman.org coming soon..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2014 - 07:16 PM

Any suggestions for pickups? I've got like 2300 points saved on my Wii, so I'm figuring I blow them all and then transfer my content to the Wii U. 

You hurt the right person and you're wrong for life.

#1890 j00w00t

j00w00t

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2014 - 10:34 PM

Any suggestions for pickups? I've got like 2300 points saved on my Wii, so I'm figuring I blow them all and then transfer my content to the Wii U.

Your points transfer as well