Max Payne 3 - Gen. Discussion & Info

• Please log in to reply
339 replies to this topic

#271 INMATEofARKHAM

INMATEofARKHAM

Looking for my padded cell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2012 - 01:05 PM

Having a golden gun doesn't make it more powerful (to my knowledge) .. it's just a color/tint option that you can unlock via single player.

That's pretty much my belief of it too... I've played without them for quite sometime before I realized how to change them to gold and when i did change over I didn't feel anymore powerful.

#272 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2012 - 08:54 PM

gold is just a color in mp, but in sp they hold more bullets and 10% stronger? i read that anyway.

and the instruction manual was great. my gf actually said this is why girls don't buy video games when she saw the battlefield 3 guide, which was like a one page black n white slip. i dont even read that stuff but i showed her the max payne 3 guide and she was impressed. this doesnt mean much to equal quality tho as she was equally impressed with the brink manual which was blue and big and pretty shiny ;)

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#273 Jav0r

Jav0r

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2012 - 04:27 AM

I keep glitching during the strip club, anybody know how to fix this? I can't seem to install the disc either, it freezes at like 44%

#274 INMATEofARKHAM

INMATEofARKHAM

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2012 - 01:16 PM

I keep glitching during the strip club, anybody know how to fix this? I can't seem to install the disc either, it freezes at like 44%

If you know someone who has their own copy I would try caching theirs to your HD... if you don't try resitting the disc over and try caching again.

#275 impostor71

impostor71

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2012 - 01:25 PM

I'm at Ch 14. What a badass action game! I'm really enjoying this game.

#276 Jav0r

Jav0r

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2012 - 06:18 PM

If you know someone who has their own copy I would try caching theirs to your HD... if you don't try resitting the disc over and try caching again.

I don't know anybody with the game. There was a giant circular scratch on the disc. Does this cause the glitch? I ended up getting pass the strip club after 20 or so glitch attempts. Problem is the glitch is back in the next area. So I just sent it back to Gamefly and hope they send me a new one asap. I hope its just the disc being scratched causing the glitch.

#277 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 06 June 2012 - 08:25 PM

I don't know anybody with the game. There was a giant circular scratch on the disc. Does this cause the glitch? I ended up getting pass the strip club after 20 or so glitch attempts. Problem is the glitch is back in the next area. So I just sent it back to Gamefly and hope they send me a new one asap. I hope its just the disc being scratched causing the glitch.

Circular scratches are the worst. So, yes, that's likely it.

Crunchewy.png

#278 INMATEofARKHAM

INMATEofARKHAM

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2012 - 01:35 PM

Circular scratches are the worst. So, yes, that's likely it.

Yeah, I suspect its the scratch too...

#279 eLefAdEr

eLefAdEr

All Systems Go

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2012 - 02:21 AM

Just FEI -- How Rockstar deals with MP3 cheaters (on ALL platforms): http://steamcommunit...779118700156725

I don't have it yet but I plan on picking it up when it hits $30 new. Seems like most are having a fun time with it.

#280 Barney

Barney

Barnito Knows Best!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2012 - 02:23 AM

Interesting

Posted Image

#281 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2012 - 05:17 AM

Just finished. Damn this was a great game. Maybe a chapter too long but thoroughly enjoyed it. Well worth $40 and glad I bought it at launch.

#282 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2012 - 06:10 AM

yeah great game! I need to go back and play on new york minute and new york minute hardcore sometime.
great soundtrack too. and the visual effects were fine, unlike kane n lynch 2 which made my grrl quesy.
npds said it was a flop, so that sucks, but great game. and so glad they had the same guy do max's voice.

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#283 impostor71

impostor71

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2012 - 04:44 PM

I like the soundtrack too. I wonder if I can buy it somewhere.

#284 kilik64

kilik64

Carefree, Wherever We May Be

• Banned

Posted 22 June 2012 - 01:20 PM

Just finished. Damn this was a great game. Maybe a chapter too long but thoroughly enjoyed it. Well worth $40 and glad I bought it at launch.

You didnt Preorder to get 20 gc at bby then pm down to 40 to make it 20?

#285 sublime90

sublime90

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2012 - 05:07 PM

for any of you jive turkeys who play the MP its double xp this weekend (fri-sun) plus the new map pack is out and its pretty cool.
Posted Image
I was half cut, im not slippin man i slipped! - Max Payne

#286 kilik64

kilik64

• Banned

Posted 07 July 2012 - 10:02 PM

ha, didnt know that so thanks.

MP is really fun if you play with friends, my crew aint been into it lately though. Oh well.

rcerboss bet his CAG card and lost, and now wont leave. 

http://www.cheapassg...te-september-9/

kilik123.png

#287 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2012 - 07:36 PM

what is the DLC that best buy just sent me?

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#288 eLefAdEr

eLefAdEr

All Systems Go

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2012 - 07:49 PM

First map pack? (I'm guessing)

Finally got this in yesterday's mail, complete :ps3: copy from GoHastings. Felt a little bad for not giving my money directly to Rockstar so I bought the season pass. Sounds like there's some decent content in there.

#289 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2012 - 11:58 PM

Local Justice Pack. Some new weapons, new faction to play as, and 3 new maps.

IMPERIAL PALACE (PAYNE KILLER + DEATHMATCH + TEAM DEATHMATCH)
São Paulo's Imperial Palace is perfect for those that thrive on intense close-quarters combat. Packed with areas that allow you to creep up on unsuspecting enemies, as well as balconies and bars to catch the sluggish passerby, the Imperial Palace is designed for non-stop action, so equip a Loadout that can handle everything that this fast paced multi-level environment holds.

55TH BATTALION HQ (GANG WARS + PAYNE KILLER + DEATHMATCH + TEAM DEATHMATCH)
An expansive bi-level multiplayer map packed with tight corners, bulletproof glass and a balance of open spaces and scattered hiding places, the den of the ruthless São Paulo Special Forces has a seemingly endless number of jail cells, control rooms, and choke points for you to shoot your way out of. Dual wield some powerful pistols or equip a speedy shotgun to get the most out of your Loadout as you showcase your hit and run tactics.

DEPARTURE LOUNGE (PAYNE KILLER + DEATHMATCH + TEAM DEATHMATCH)
Stave off enemies gunning for you through the sunglass kiosks, book stores, and vending machines that litter the Departure Lounge of São Paulo’s Piratininga Airport. Packed with plenty of strategically obstructed views, alcoves, and enough cover to hide you from certain death, this map has been tailored for intense Multiplayer action.

#290 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2012 - 07:08 AM

thanks hydrox.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#291 kilik64

kilik64

• Banned

Posted 09 July 2012 - 05:19 PM

There is also a graveyard map that's 2 bucks I think. Pretty silly that they did 4 maps and only put three in the pack and have to pay for the other one seperately.

Anyone else get in in the double xp weekend? Didn't play that much but still got like 5 levels. Mostly played Hardcore mode which gives even more xp and is really quite fun. No map no health regeneration and free aim.

#292 HydroX

HydroX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2012 - 06:12 PM

I need to buy this game again. Having multiplayer withdrawals.

#293 jdawgg76

jdawgg76

RIP Stan the Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2012 - 06:13 PM

There is also a graveyard map that's 2 bucks I think. Pretty silly that they did 4 maps and only put three in the pack and have to pay for the other one seperately.

Anyone else get in in the double xp weekend? Didn't play that much but still got like 5 levels. Mostly played Hardcore mode which gives even more xp and is really quite fun. No map no health regeneration and free aim.

That map was a gs pre order bonus and they have put all pre order bonuses up for sale now.
Posted Image
Waiting for: WRC 2010 and WRC 2 and WRC 3:cry:
Now playing:
:360: Forza Horizon, Halo Series
:wii: Collecting Dust
:ps3: Collecting Dust
:pc: Diablo 3, Walking Dead
When I'm not watching Grimm and Firefly on Hulu.

#294 kilik64

kilik64

• Banned

Posted 09 July 2012 - 08:01 PM

That map was a gs pre order bonus and they have put all pre order bonuses up for sale now.

Ahh ok cool. Not so mad about it knowing that.

#295 robin2099

robin2099

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2012 - 02:13 AM

Finally finished it last night. This was a bad ass action game and one of my favorite games so far this year. Too bad it's considered a flop sales wise. =(

#296 eLefAdEr

eLefAdEr

All Systems Go

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2012 - 05:00 PM

Kind of sad news to hear about Rockstar Vancouver closing: http://www.gamasutra...g_its_doors.php

At least they will be making an effort to retain everyone.

#297 Pratt75

Pratt75

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2012 - 02:27 AM

just jumped back in to multiplayer the last couple days. anyone else getting back in to it?

#298 kilik64

kilik64

• Banned

Posted 31 July 2012 - 02:38 AM

just jumped back in to multiplayer the last couple days. anyone else getting back in to it?

Nope but I do miss it.

Sadly I did the economic decision and traded the game back in a couple of weeks ago to BBy for 28.80. Prolly wont pick it up again until there is a Complete Edition (dont think it'll get GOTY, but same thing anyways)

Edit: Oh and after credit, price adjustment, and trade in, I got paid 8.80 to play the game and I had it for like 2 months and was starting to get burnt out on the MP when I traded it. Good times.

rcerboss bet his CAG card and lost, and now wont leave. 

http://www.cheapassg...te-september-9/

kilik123.png

#299 HydroX

HydroX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2012 - 02:51 AM

I just picked it up again and will be on at some point. Just redeemed the SE DLC code so I will definitely be on .. but when that is, is whenever I get bored....

#300 mrx001

mrx001

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2012 - 02:57 AM

Want to get back in and grief people.Hitting people over the head and never shooting a gun.