Max Payne 3 - Gen. Discussion & Info

• Please log in to reply
339 replies to this topic

#61 Necrozilla

Necrozilla

meeeeeeeeeeeeep

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2011 - 05:28 PM

I love the Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days vibe.

(()) wOOpwOOp That's the sound of a trade: >>CML<< (())

PS3 & 360 games @ ☆I'll beat ebay by 10%☆  GoW Saga
10% CAG discount Vs. ebay listings!

#62 sublime90

sublime90

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2011 - 06:09 PM

awesome. looks interesting. seems like we'll see a few different phases of max (bald, with hair, no beard, full beard) and he does look a lot like Kane in a few of those screens. max payne is one of my favorite franchises and i trust Rockstar will make this sweet.
Posted Image
I was half cut, im not slippin man i slipped! - Max Payne

#63 hhhdx4

hhhdx4

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2011 - 06:26 PM

"1. Slo-mo not player controlled; slo-mo only in select scenes."

Wha? That was the most fun part of the game and separated it from most other Third Person Shooters.
Posted Image

#64 Monsta Mack

Monsta Mack

Well then...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2011 - 10:58 PM

I lost most interest when I heard the original VA of Max Payne (Jared McCaffrey (spelling) was no longer the VA in Max Payne 3.

Remedy is also not handling this, It's a new studio. Remedy was an amazing studio.

Not only that this game has been delayed for what seems like forever.

I hope I can be proven wrong and this becomes a AAA title, but right now I'll avoid it like I did with the Max Payne movie. Yikes.

#65 Necrozilla

Necrozilla

meeeeeeeeeeeeep

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2011 - 11:35 PM

The voice over for Max is still the same guy.

#66 Modest Oddity

Modest Oddity

You Can't Quit Me.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2011 - 11:36 PM

I agree. I do hope it's good, and more than having a good max payne 3, I hope we get a max payne 1 and 2 hd collection, with some upgraded mechanics. I'm not even talking "remakes", just more or less them tweaking everything to freshen it up, and I would be thrilled. I know these two games weren't AAA titles per se, and they had their flaws, but I LOVED them, and I'm hoping for a good third installment, and a collection.
I have low hopes because of them changing out noir to brazil themed, no remedy, and new look for max. Let's hope they pull it off.

edit:
After reading the scans, I am sadly excited. I know it may turn out to either be crappy, or not original max payne, but it seems they are actually trying and working hard and some changes might be pretty cool. I'll save my judgement until I actually play it whenever it comes out.

Edited by Sparta, 04 April 2011 - 06:11 PM.

Posted Image

#67 Rooster752

Rooster752

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2011 - 05:32 PM

I lost most interest when I heard the original VA of Max Payne (Jared McCaffrey (spelling) was no longer the VA in Max Payne 3.

Remedy is also not handling this, It's a new studio. Remedy was an amazing studio.

Not only that this game has been delayed for what seems like forever.

I hope I can be proven wrong and this becomes a AAA title, but right now I'll avoid it like I did with the Max Payne movie. Yikes.

They originally announced a new dude, but have since gone back to the original voice actor. I'm cautiously optimistic here. The one thing with Rockstar is that they will just delay their games until they're happy with them (see: RDR, GTA4, LA Noire).
For Xbox Indie Game and XBLA reviews go to www.armlessoctopus.com

#68 Monsta Mack

Monsta Mack

Well then...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2011 - 09:13 PM

They originally announced a new dude, but have since gone back to the original voice actor. I'm cautiously optimistic here. The one thing with Rockstar is that they will just delay their games until they're happy with them (see: RDR, GTA4, LA Noire).

Ok I'm hyped by the fact the original VA is back for Max Payne.

#69 Necrozilla

Necrozilla

meeeeeeeeeeeeep

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2011 - 11:20 PM

"1. Slo-mo not player controlled; slo-mo only in select scenes."

Wha? That was the most fun part of the game and separated it from most other Third Person Shooters.

Woops! It's still here, I just skimmed the scans when I first put everything up and now am reading everything. At climactic parts it will turn slo-mo, but player-initiated bullet-time is still here. Sorry for the confusion.

Reordered scans and all are legible now.

Edit: Images are being rescaled by C.A.G.'s forum. :/

Edited by Necrozilla, 04 April 2011 - 11:33 PM.

#70 Leggo

Leggo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2011 - 11:56 PM

Wait, so what happened? Did bald Max Payne steal hair from the preview version of Cole from InFamous 2?

#71 starmask2k3

starmask2k3

CAG MASTER'S

• Trading Ban

Posted 05 April 2011 - 03:54 AM

So when is it coming out

#72 Modest Oddity

Modest Oddity

You Can't Quit Me.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2011 - 04:20 AM

Wait, so what happened? Did bald Max Payne steal hair from the preview version of Cole from InFamous 2?

Nope, don't think so. It says it starts 8 years after 2, then heads to Brazil. I'm guessing there's a transition in there that we will see, and let us know why he goes to Brazil and why he is bald and ragged/rugged looking.

Posted Image

#73 Necrozilla

Necrozilla

meeeeeeeeeeeeep

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2011 - 09:15 PM

At least wikify...

#74 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2011 - 11:29 PM

Does this game still have an 8/1/11 release date or did it get pushed back again? The wiki page says something about it not being on Take-Two's 2011-2012 release calendar.

#75 jdawgg76

jdawgg76

RIP Stan the Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2011 - 12:51 AM

March 2012 now.

Holy crap the trailer looks absolutely amazing, even has some of the old music in it. Why did I have any concerns about this? I know why, but they seem silly now. Can't F'n wait. That trailer settled all my fears as it looks to still carry on the Max Payne vibe.
Posted Image
Waiting for: WRC 2010 and WRC 2 and WRC 3:cry:
Now playing:
:360: Forza Horizon, Halo Series
:wii: Collecting Dust
:ps3: Collecting Dust
:pc: Diablo 3, Walking Dead
When I'm not watching Grimm and Firefly on Hulu.

#76 Monsta Mack

Monsta Mack

Well then...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2011 - 05:51 AM

Hyped by the original voice actor. Got angry when he shaved his head though and took down random thugs... uhmm... yeah gonna miss villians like Vlad, they will have to top him.

#77 sublime90

sublime90

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2011 - 01:50 PM

after watching the trailer about 5 times i have mixed feelings. love how it looks and sounds. the quick shot while hes firing off the train looked insanely awesome. bald max seems to be borrowing from to many recent things. a few shots he literally looks like sam fisher in double agent and some he literally looks like bruce willis in die hard 4. to be honest im kind of turned off by the story so far. in max 1 and 2 he was on the edge not caring if he lived or died he just wanted revenge and to shut down the mafia in new york. now hes in the slums as a gun for hire? maybe the whole point is to show what happens years later for a person like max, surely you cant spend your entire life getting "revenge" hes almost like a has been now. this is still a day 1 for me and i still trust rockstar but im really interested in whats going on with the story.
Posted Image
I was half cut, im not slippin man i slipped! - Max Payne

#78 fatmanforlife99

fatmanforlife99

I TRAIN UFC BRO

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2012 - 11:03 PM

This is a bad ass trailer. I was not getting this game, but the trailer sealed the deal.

Black Ops SUCKS!!!

#79 snakemaster2389

snakemaster2389

Temporarily Banned

• Temporarily Banned Users

Posted 13 May 2012 - 11:57 AM

yo lets get the hype up!!! im gameflyin this on XBOX and buying it on PS3. add me if u wanna play online!!
Twitter: @marcandretta check out my reviews @ http://bgbureau.com & www.marcandretta.tumblr.com Check Out My Youtube Channel!http://www.youtube.com/snakemaster2389 NEED A REVIEWER/WRITER? PM ME!!

Posted Image
Posted Image

#80 jdawgg76

jdawgg76

RIP Stan the Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2012 - 07:00 AM

Started a crew on Rockstar's Social Club. Most good names were taken so I went simply with "CAG Payne". Crews will get xp boosts and other bonuses and founding crews (established before the 15th, like this one) will get extra stuff supposedly. Figured it couldn't hurt. I'm so hyped for this as a long time fan, but mostly for the single player. If MP turns out fun it's just gravy for me and then I'll probably play it a ton. So if anyone wants to crew up look for JDawgg77 or CAG Payne. If anyone else has already started a CAG crew lmk.
Posted Image
Now playing:

#81 hustletron

hustletron

poop dollar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2012 - 04:16 PM

I think I have you on my friends list jdawg, how do you join a crew?

fs_overall.png

#82 jdawgg76

jdawgg76

RIP Stan the Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2012 - 06:13 PM

Only way I know is thru the social club website. You'll see a crews tab then search for CAG Payne. Click request invite. Then I'll accept. Then you have to accept my acceptance. Seriously. Seems extraneous.

#83 mightymek

mightymek

Welcome to the Gutter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2012 - 07:02 PM

Hey Jdawgg, I requested an invite. Sounds like it'll be fun! I have a buddy who's getting it as well, and is a CAG, so I'll try to get him to join as well.

13374.png

Scars of Life is back in 2013. As heard on the UFC!
New album A HEART STILL BEATS is out now!  Be sure to check us out on iTunes: http://itunes.apple....-life/id6136926

#84 fatmanforlife99

fatmanforlife99

I TRAIN UFC BRO

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2012 - 07:47 PM

I sent an invite request too.

Black Ops SUCKS!!!

#85 Veridis_Quo

Veridis_Quo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2012 - 08:07 PM

I requested an invite as well under: Veridis_Quo

Edited by Interstella 5555, 14 May 2012 - 08:30 PM.

#86 crunchewy

crunchewy

Posted 14 May 2012 - 08:26 PM

I'm getting the game, but am already in another crew.
Posted Image

#87 snakemaster2389

snakemaster2389

Temporarily Banned

• Temporarily Banned Users

Posted 14 May 2012 - 08:56 PM

sent a crew request invite jdawg :)
Twitter: @marcandretta check out my reviews @ http://bgbureau.com & www.marcandretta.tumblr.com Check Out My Youtube Channel!http://www.youtube.com/snakemaster2389 NEED A REVIEWER/WRITER? PM ME!!

Posted Image
Posted Image

#88 bill123

bill123

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2012 - 10:05 PM

I just started a crew myself anyone is welcome. CreepingDeath

55877.png
563306.png

#89 jdawgg76

jdawgg76

RIP Stan the Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2012 - 11:47 PM

I'm getting the game, but am already in another crew.

You can be in up to five crews at a time if you'd like to join this one as well.

Just sent invites to all the requests.
Posted Image
Now playing:

#90 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2012 - 12:31 AM

Is a crew just the equivalent of a clan?

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!