ChaosLaw

Posted 15 May 2012 - 11:00 PM

Are the servers down?

#122 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2012 - 11:36 PM

Damn...just started playing a little while ago, but...
Spoiler

#123 fatmanforlife99

fatmanforlife99

I need a weapon.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 12:43 AM

I played mp till about 645 central time so idk.

There are those who said this day would never come. What are they to say now?

#124 jdawgg76

jdawgg76

RIP Stan the Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 01:01 AM

Well, social club is down, so I wouldn't doubt if servers are down.

#125 mightymek

mightymek

Welcome to the Gutter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 01:06 AM

Ugh, this sucks. Tonight is the only night until Friday that I was really able to sit down and play this. Damn Rockstar. This happens more and more with games it seems. Day one: servers down.

13374.png

Scars of Life is back in 2013. As heard on the UFC!
New album A HEART STILL BEATS is out now!  Be sure to check us out on iTunes: http://itunes.apple....-life/id6136926

#126 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 02:22 AM

Servers were down for me earlier, so I rebooted my console and connected on the second try.

#127 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 02:30 AM

Anyone else still having issues? I can't connect to a game.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#128 LordVila

LordVila

Casterly Rock!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 03:26 AM

Picked this up earlier today and I am digging the MP even though I am still getting the hang of it. I would definitely be interested in joining the Crew.

TheVila.png

#129 dennisb407

dennisb407

Posted 16 May 2012 - 04:04 AM

Saix_XIII posted this in another thread, so I figured I would post it here as well.

The Gorilla Warfare pack is supposed to be 160 MSP, but when you click to buy it, it shows up as FREE. Must be a glitch. I just downloaded/added to my queue. I don't know if they can charge you afterwards, but hey, it's cheap anyway if they do.

http://marketplace.x...ce-407aba3e98d6

Thank you

#130 snakemaster2389

snakemaster2389

Temporarily Banned

• Temporarily Banned Users

Posted 16 May 2012 - 04:23 AM

im liking this max payne alot. only thing that gets annoying is the cutscenes but its cool. i think rockstar went too serious and i kinda miss that odd, tongue in cheek dark humor from Remedy but its still cool just max payne reminds me of bruce willis in this one.
Twitter: @marcandretta check out my reviews @ http://bgbureau.com & www.marcandretta.tumblr.com Check Out My Youtube Channel!http://www.youtube.com/snakemaster2389 NEED A REVIEWER/WRITER? PM ME!!

Posted Image
Posted Image

#131 Regian

Regian

LevelUpNews.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 05:18 AM

Sent a request for the CAG crew.
Posted Image

Posted Image

The Late Shift:
I have a radio show. A real radio show. Listen, won't you?
Mondays from 10PM to Midnight CST at WVLP.org!
Click here for the show's Facebook page!

[chipinsig]e944447abb96f9f0[/chipinsig]

#132 jdawgg76

jdawgg76

RIP Stan the Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 06:47 AM

MP is alot of fun and I can see myself sinking some serious time into it. Had no problem later on in the evening with servers or social club. Can't believe a new Max Payne comes out and I check out mp before story mode.

#133 MrPiggles

MrPiggles

Better Call Saul

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 06:54 AM

For the guys that have it, how is it so far? I played Max Payne 1 and 2 back in the day, is the gameplay still relatively similar, or did Rockstar change it up? And does the story still have the classic Max Payne feel? I'm thinkin about getting it

#134 mvp828

mvp828

Amish Black Market

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 08:12 AM

For the guys that have it, how is it so far?

I'm really enjoying it. I have only played the single player so far and have really liked the story. Although those reviews of 10-12 hours to beat it seem a little bit far-fetched. I am on Chapter 14 of 17 and have 5.5 hours into it. However, as I said last night it feels like I have played it longer and the Social Club timer isn't exactly correct. As someone else said, the cut-scenes early in the game do somewhat drag on, but they have a great feel to them.

I played Max Payne 1 and 2 back in the day, is the gameplay still relatively similar, or did Rockstar change it up?

Gameplay is still pretty spot on... You have your bullet time and shoot dodge and all that stuff. It's not as noir feel as the first two, but that isn't necessarily a bad thing since there still are some bits that are noir.

Controls are still right next to what it was in the first two. Which somewhat stinks because it still feels like it has a little clunkiness to it, but not too bad.

And does the story still have the classic Max Payne feel?

Story wise, it is very good. I personally describe it as Max Payne meets Man on Fire. Throughout the cut-scenes and in-game there are flashes of light and screen distortion with various bright colors in them. I personally love this aspect since Man on Fire is one of my favorite action movies.

Overall I would say unless you are planning on getting it for multiplayer, hold off until you can get it for $40-30. I mostly only got it for the single player, but I figured with the Best Buy deal it was something I was willing to spend to play it right away. There is also a big replay value for collectibles if you are into those types of things. There are 28 gold guns that you can unlock by picking up the 3 parts for each weapon. Each level has 1 or 2 guns to find parts for. There are also 58 clues to find in the game. Lastly there are 28 Grinds that you can do between Story and Arcade mode... These range from getting x amount of headshots, to x amount of kills while shoot-dodging, to toppling enemies over railings, and so on.
Posted Image

Insert thoughts here...

#135 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 16 May 2012 - 01:51 PM

I'm enjoying it. The campaign is scripted, but fun. I played one round of deathmatch (the junior one) and had a lot of fun with that too. I can't wait to unlock the other multiplayer modes. I like 3rd person games more than 1st person. I find the 1st person viewpoint disorienting, and don't feel that way with 3rd person, I believe because of your viewpoint being from behind the character, which gives a better view of the proceedings. Plus I just greatly prefer being able to see my character as opposed to just other people. I think I'll be playing a lot of the multiplayer.

Like most M games these days, it's gratuitously gory which I find mildly annoying, but it's not a huge deal. I realize most people probably wouldn't even see that as a downside AT ALL. LOL.

#136 mightymek

mightymek

Welcome to the Gutter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 02:17 PM

I will start on the single player this weekend, but me and a bud played some multi last night to represent the CAG Payne crew (sorry guys, I don't think we won any of the crew wars, lol), but I have to say wow, the multiplayer was FUN! And all we did was team deathmatch, no objectives or anything, and I had a blast. The servers were down at first, but I was able to get in at around 10pm est. Was only going to play for an hour since I have work in the mornings, but ended up playing until 1am. It's very addicting.

13374.png

New album A HEART STILL BEATS is out now!  Be sure to check us out on iTunes: http://itunes.apple....-life/id6136926

#137 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 16 May 2012 - 02:23 PM

That's funny. I stayed up too late too. LOL.

#138 HydroX

HydroX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 02:32 PM

I saw a few of the crew members on last night but it wouldn't let me join them. I assume it's because they weren't on my friends list.

I should be on tonight, since I'm considering renting it for another day thanks to getting another $1 off redbox code. If we can get a few guys together we should roll through team deathwatch as a crew.

#139 mightymek

mightymek

Welcome to the Gutter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 03:04 PM

I saw a few of the crew members on last night but it wouldn't let me join them. I assume it's because they weren't on my friends list.

I should be on tonight, since I'm considering renting it for another day thanks to getting another $1 off redbox code. If we can get a few guys together we should roll through team deathwatch as a crew.

I don't think I'll be able to play tonight, but I should be on tomorrow night if you still have it. We should all friend up on the CAG Payne crew so we can dominate the scene! Do you have to friend up on the Rockstar Social Network or on Xbox Live? Either way, if you CAG Payne guys want to friend me on both, that'd be cool. Just mention CAG on there so I know who it is.

13374.png

#140 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 03:58 PM

Anyone else order from BestBuy.com and get this?

Note: Your multi-player downloadable pack is estimated to arrive via email on or about 6/12/12.

That's really.. wow.

At least it's on its way. I can't wait to play.

#141 HydroX

HydroX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 04:20 PM

Anyone else order from BestBuy.com and get this?

That's really.. wow.

At least it's on its way. I can't wait to play.

I preordered from Best Buy in store, and got a code for a Pill Bottle add-on. I have yet to receive that [above] email though, and I highly doubt BestBuy.com and in-store had different preorder bonuses. Weird.

#142 teddybass

teddybass

Minor Threat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 04:23 PM

is CAG Payne the official cag crew or is it cheapassgamerz? they both come up when I search the crews for cag

minorthreat.png

#143 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 16 May 2012 - 04:54 PM

Somebody said, I think, that you can be in more then one crew. So what happens if a feud starts between both? Maybe you win the bonuses either way? That would be weird.

#144 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 16 May 2012 - 05:36 PM

The SP is so awesome! My immediate vote for GOTY!

#145 jdawgg76

jdawgg76

RIP Stan the Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 06:14 PM

is CAG Payne the official cag crew or is it cheapassgamerz? they both come up when I search the crews for cag

I don't know if it's official but I started CAG Payne after looking around CAG and not finding any mention of a CAG crew. Dunno who the other one is.

Somebody said, I think, that you can be in more then one crew. So what happens if a feud starts between both? Maybe you win the bonuses either way? That would be weird.

You can choose which crew you are repping in game however it wouldn't let me switch last night so I gained 1k XP for another crew before I left the other one to force the switch. So you can be in 5 but you represent 1 at a time.
Posted Image
Waiting for: WRC 2010 and WRC 2 and WRC 3:cry:
Now playing:
:360: Forza Horizon, Halo Series
:wii: Collecting Dust
:ps3: Collecting Dust
:pc: Diablo 3, Walking Dead
When I'm not watching Grimm and Firefly on Hulu.

#146 shotgunshine

shotgunshine

The People's Champ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 06:57 PM

Really liking this game. Not very far into the single player but I love the story and cutscenes so far. Maybe its just me or im not that good but its pretty challenging. Im playing on normal difficulty but the AI is pretty smart and if your not careful, you'll die quickly.

Even though im constantly dying the MP is really fun. I need to check out Gang Wars or whatever its called. I've just been doing team deathmatch.

jukeboxtimebomb.png

#147 Big St3ph3n

Big St3ph3n

Strange MUSIC!!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 07:07 PM

Even though im constantly dying the MP is really fun. I need to check out Gang Wars or whatever its called. I've just been doing team deathmatch.

GEWWWW, TDM is so boring in most games these days, i hope alot of people continue on gang wars, thats what makes this game imo. To many people just do kill, kill, kill....i want teamwork games.
Posted Image
NINTENDO ID: Bigst3ph3n
Part of THE MEDIOCRE NATION: THE MEDIOCRE SHOW
Twitter: @bigst3ph3n -- RIP 2pac, BIG and Sega Dreamcast.

#148 VipFREAK

VipFREAK

Fun Knee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 07:15 PM

I'll probably get this sometime.

My Summer Motto: "When Nature turns off the damn heat I'll turn off my A/C"

Trade List

#149 fatmanforlife99

fatmanforlife99

I need a weapon.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 07:31 PM

Fuck team deathmatch after you unlock gang wars, that is where its at. Just got done playing with a developer, he was a pretty damn good teammate. The guy was pretty cool and everyone was all telling him how good the game was.

There are those who said this day would never come. What are they to say now?

#150 snakemaster2389

snakemaster2389

Temporarily Banned

• Temporarily Banned Users

Posted 16 May 2012 - 07:35 PM

playin simeountausley the ps3 version and 360 version :) haven't touched online yet though. im doin a hard and free aim run on xbox.
Twitter: @marcandretta check out my reviews @ http://bgbureau.com & www.marcandretta.tumblr.com Check Out My Youtube Channel!http://www.youtube.com/snakemaster2389 NEED A REVIEWER/WRITER? PM ME!!

Posted Image
Posted Image