Age of Conan: Collector Edition (PC) $20, Standard (PC) $13 at NewEgg

Nice! Got a standard edition for $10 on Target Clearance, but I'm a sucker for collector's editions so I'll probably pick up the CE for $20 and give the standard edition to a friend.

Are there any referal bonuses for inviting friends to play the game like there is with WoW and WAR?

Also for those wondering what's in the CE, I saw this at Amazon:

Additional items included in the Collector's Edition

Hand-finished, metal-embossed oversized collector's box with inlay page and individually numbered holographic sticker
Leather map of Hyboria (faux) 14" x 20"
The Ring of Acheronia (exclusive in-game item)
Unique Bonus DVD featuring trailers, behind the scenes, developer diaries, and rich artwork
Official Age of Conan soundtrack CD
Art Book (128 pages)
Five free guest passes giving friends online access to the game for a limited time
The Drinking Cape (bonus in-game item)

[quote name='havuk']i have this game but haven't logged in since last year, does anyone still play it?[/quote]

Same as me. The launch was so frustrating because I kept lagging out and the game kept crashing. I might start playing again soon though if most if these issues are fixed.

game is better i had no problems with the game (then again i had a high end system) and was fully aware of the problems that the game had going into launch funcom knew as well there was lots of threads on the board in beta that should have been fix pre launch but they werent

the game is better now yes, Raiding works 6 zones working atm, PVP gear, sieges are still sploiter fgame

maybe its just a rumor, but I heard they are gonna shut the servers down in a few months?

I saw it on 1up or kotaku a while back

That is a good deal though

[quote name='squishface']maybe its just a rumor, but I heard they are gonna shut the servers down in a few months?

I saw it on 1up or kotaku a while back

That is a good deal though[/quote]

I believe they only shut down half the servers...but a collectors edition at that price is nice and hard to resist

crazy price. newegg is the shit! its on speed dial number 2 on opera. CAG is numero uno:bouncy:

Hope i can flip this one for a couple $

Good price. I quit playing back in November. I wanted to solo everything and ran out of stuff to due around level 70. At that point it was one mega grind fest and little diversity in gear or quests.

I know the game has gotten a bit better since I left, but I'm still going to give it a few more months before I give it another shot. Besides it gives me time to put a dent into my back log.

Game is much Improved (from friend who plays it still, I do NOT) was impressive looking IMHO, and quite fun untill about 40-50. Game was much like most games, launched to quick, and put a sour taste in peoples mouths. Great IP, to bad its just another of the pack of also rans to WoW. I woud suggest (if you like MMORPG's) to give it a try, heck $20 for a month of gameing is pretty cheap. But it does take a pretty uber machine to play well.

Ordered the CE this morning and it's already been shipped. I love newegg.

Anyway, been waiting to pick up the CE for a good price.

Thanks a lot! :D

I played at launch for about 4 months... I just started back up again about a week ago on a new server with chars, etc... the game is much improved. A lot of the game breaking bugs have been fixed and it runs smoother than ever. Definitely worth $13... if only to play through the starter zone for the first time. (about 6-8 hours)

Been wanting to try this game for a while, but between the bugs and the box price, it hasn't been all that tempting. I've heard it is much improved from launch, and the first 20 or so levels are supposed to be quite good... and I'm always down for a cheap CE.

[quote name='franz ferdinand']Been wanting to try this game for a while, but between the bugs and the box price, it hasn't been all that tempting. I've heard it is much improved from launch, and the first 20 or so levels are supposed to be quite good... and I'm always down for a cheap CE.[/QUOTE]

Yeah the first 20 levels in the "Noob" zone are great. I actually did that zone twice in a row after I ran into problems around lvl 25 with my first toon. I so wanted the rest of the game to be like the first 20 but unfortunaltly the experiance kept declineing to the point I quit.

Oh and be aware if you get this you are sure to have to DL about 4 gigs worth of updates. No Joke.

bread's done
Back