Photo
- - - - -

Rock Band series thread - The show is over (leave a light on for RBN...and customs! (pg 228)

• Please log in to reply
6848 replies to this topic

#6511 deadite76

deadite76

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2012 - 06:46 PM

yeah that is what I am thinking also, I have noticed that songs with the full complement of 5 track including keyboard notes are a lot easier to 5 star. I have been getting a lot of 4 stars on older things and 5 stars on anything since RB3.

I noticed that too. Thought it was just me.

Only a couple of friends picked this up so feel free to add me.
Posted Image

#6512 KaneRobot

KaneRobot

The Profit$ of Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 03:56 PM

I got the 5-star everything achivement but holy crap is Shout bafflingly hard compared to everything else. Maybe I was just doing something wrong, but it took like 6 or 7 tries before I got it. Everything else I got in one or two tries.
Posted Image

#6513 WeaponX2099

WeaponX2099

Basement Jaxx!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 04:56 PM

I finally Gold Starred a track, but it was Landslide so that was cheap.

#6514 DJP519

DJP519

Ready for a Vacation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 05:18 PM

The solution posted to TA for the 1,000 cred achievement says it should only take 7-8 songs. I've played about twice that many (just got the dozen song achievement, plus played a couple DLC), and I still only have about 900 cred. Am I missing something, or doing something wrong? Is there an easy way to get more cred per song? Also, it seems if I buy power-ups for all three slots, it'll cost me more coins than I earn for the song, even though I'm getting double coins for playing songs for the first time. Is that normal? Thanks.

#6515 DJP519

DJP519

Ready for a Vacation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2012 - 11:43 AM

Also, is there a way to manually pick what some and what opponent you issue a score war challenge to? The only place I see it is from the main "play" page, but it's always one predetermined song/opponent.

I'm getting 4 stars almost every song I play. I've completed about 40 songs now, and have exactly 3 songs with 5 stars, maybe two songs with only 3 stars, and everything else 4. Clearly, I haven't quite mastered this yet.

#6516 Brainwave0

Brainwave0

Farvegnugen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2012 - 01:31 PM

The facebook app Rock Band World is what you use to manually set up a score war with your chosen song and opponent.

Posted Image

Trade List: here

#6517 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 06 September 2012 - 01:41 PM

The Facebook app is annoying. You can't even make challenges that are cross-platform, which I'd have thought you could given the use of Facebook, but you can't. I see my PS3 playing friends, but can't make a score war with them. What's the point, then? Well, I guess the point is to advertise the game on Facebook. I.e. no benefit to the player. You also can't see your progress on goals from within the game. You have to go to Facebook to see that. I really wish I could see that stuff in-game.

But I love the game itself. It's great.

Crunchewy.png

#6518 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2012 - 02:58 PM

That's true. The app does nothing that couldn't be accomplished in-game.

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Phone Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

#6519 BlueSwim

BlueSwim

Tech-Gaming.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2012 - 07:55 PM

The coin economy in Blitz has been tweaked for the better.

http://www.rockband....ad.php?t=231621
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=69&pictureid=2266
Menage a 3 - It's like Archie without the bullshit.

http://www.cheapassg...&pictureid=7899
Eerie Cuties - Vampires in high school. Don't worry, no sparkling.

Posted Image
Twitter - Bitter. Spiteful. Funky.

#6520 Zmonkay

Zmonkay

Awesome in Small Doses

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:38 AM

I might actually play it now... Seriously, the coin system is retarded. You should earn less coins, and they should be used to permanently purchase powerups (ie, unlock the ability to purchase with blitz cred or whatever it's called, then pick which ones you want with coins). Should also have had more "unlockables" to use coins toward.

...stupid casual bullshit grumble grumble... social gaming fucks grumble grumble... *shakes cane*
For Sale: Like New/Opened Once Japanese Transformer 2010 Reissue Predaking http://www.cheapassg...291#post2498291

yourfree360games referal: SIGN UP AND GET FREE 360 games with easy and free (or dirt cheap) trial offers
http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=233445

#6521 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 01:52 PM

The coin system is kinda lame, but it shouldn't affect your enjoyment of the game unless you're only going after gold stars or something. High scores aren't everything. Also, the Facebook challenges are genuinely easy (play certain genres of songs, etc.) so they're worth signing up for if you really want more coins.

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Phone Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

#6522 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

What went out is comin' back

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 02:10 PM

9/11 DLC:

Matchbox Twenty – Bent
Matchbox Twenty – How Far We’ve Come *
Matchbox Twenty – She’s So Mean

Pass that dutch. :P

Ryuukishi634.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#6523 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 03:11 PM

9/11 DLC:

Matchbox Twenty – Bent
Matchbox Twenty – How Far We’ve Come *
Matchbox Twenty – She’s So Mean

Pass that dutch. :P

One of my favorite bands, but they probably could have picked some better songs. I get why "She's So Mean" is in there...the new album just came out Tuesday. "Bent" is all right, but I'd rather have "Disease". "How Far We've Come" I never really liked. They should have gone way back with one of these and threw in "Push" or "Real World". I'll still get the pack...and I'm at least glad it's a band we haven't seen before. That's something we need more of.

#6524 luxuria

luxuria

Memories of You

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 04:21 PM

@_@ Totally getting that DLC pack. I was hoping they would put "How Far We've Come" for ages now. Well, any Matchbox song honestly.

#6525 KaneRobot

KaneRobot

The Profit$ of Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 07:02 PM

Also, is there a way to manually pick what some and what opponent you issue a score war challenge to?

I fucking wish. So annoying.
Posted Image

#6526 KaneRobot

KaneRobot

The Profit$ of Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 12:08 PM

Giant Bomb-themed dubstep coming to RBN...possibly this week or next since it was planned around their annual all-day live show, which is this Friday.

Should be a TREMENDOUS opportunity to annoy friends, neighbors, and yourself.

Posted Image

#6527 DeskLaser

DeskLaser

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 03:51 PM

I fucking wish. So annoying.

I'm pretty sure you can pick who to send a score war challenge to and what song through the Rock Band World facebook app.
Posted Image

#6528 GamerChris

GamerChris

It's a Funny Name.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 04:28 PM

I'm pretty sure you can pick who to send a score war challenge to and what song through the Rock Band World facebook app.

The problem is you have to be Facebook friends with those people. I don't know about you, but I don't have many people on my xbox friends list who I'm actual friends with in real life.

594280.png

#6529 DeskLaser

DeskLaser

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 05:07 PM

The problem is you have to be Facebook friends with those people. I don't know about you, but I don't have many people on my xbox friends list who I'm actual friends with in real life.

Ohh, that sucks. I had only just seen the option on there but I didn't go through the full way to challenge someone.
Posted Image

#6530 DJP519

DJP519

Ready for a Vacation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 06:12 PM

I refuse to add "apps" to Facebook, because they are ALL spammy and annoying. I did add the app to my dummy facebook account, but of course that account doesn't have any friends, it only exists to very occasionally redeem some promotional offer that requires an app. In my opinion, it was really silly of them to basically require the facebook linking for the complete experience.

#6531 KaneRobot

KaneRobot

The Profit$ of Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 10:45 PM

Yeah - that's why I said "annoying."

I actually tried the app and it's not really intrusive or anything, and right off the top you can select that no one sees any posts made by the app except you. It's still a shitty interface though.

I've got all but the "all gold stars" achievement and cracked the top 100 players a few days ago, so I'm pretty Blitzed out. I'm sure I'll go back someday but I think I've gotten all I'm going to get out of that game for now.
Posted Image

#6532 GunstarRed

GunstarRed

The Rated 'G' Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 08:38 AM

For those that have the 300 songs achievement: Do all the songs need to be present on your HDD for them to count, or can you play and delete them?

The facebook app keeps track of how many unique songs you've played, but there's no counter in the actual XBLA game.

I don't like to keep all the transferred songs I never play on my HDD, so would suck if I have to keep them all there until I hit 300.

#6533 KaneRobot

KaneRobot

The Profit$ of Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 01:49 PM

For those that have the 300 songs achievement: Do all the songs need to be present on your HDD for them to count, or can you play and delete them?

The facebook app keeps track of how many unique songs you've played, but there's no counter in the actual XBLA game.

I don't like to keep all the transferred songs I never play on my HDD, so would suck if I have to keep them all there until I hit 300.

As soon as you have a registered score for a song on the leaderboards you should be fine to remove it from your storage.
Posted Image

#6534 KaneRobot

KaneRobot

The Profit$ of Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 10:53 AM

I can't decide if I should keep torturing myself. 4 songs left until I pop the all gold stars achievement in Blitz, but those last 4 seem really tough to crack...and if I have to hear that fucking "Sing" song or that Shinedown crap once more I'm going to murder both bands.

#6535 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

What went out is comin' back

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 12:16 PM

if I have to hear that fucking "Sing" song or that Shinedown crap once more I'm going to murder both bands.

I endorse this course of action

Ryuukishi634.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#6536 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 01:52 PM

More stuff I'm not interested in:

http://www.rockband....ew-to-rbn-91312

Alternative
  • Husky in Denial – “Would I Were” (80 MSP)
Classic Rock
  • John Parr – “Under a Raging Moon” (160 MSP)
Metal
  • All Shall Perish – “There is Nothing Left” (160 MSP)
  • Asking Alexandria – “Dear Insanity (2x Bass Pedal)” (160 MSP)
  • Halcyon Way – “On Black Wings (2x Bass Pedal)” (80 MSP)
  • My Ruin – “Deconsecrated” (80 MSP)
Pop/Dance/Electronic
  • Active Knowledge – “Supertronic Lazering” (160 MSP)
  • Mada – “Fight!” (80 MSP)
  • The Hamster Alliance (ft. The Giant Bomb Crew) – “Giant Bombstep: Reloaded” (80 MSP)
  • Tora – “Higher” (160 MSP)
  • Zef – “Gambit” (80 MSP)
Prog
  • An Endless Sporadic – “Anything (2x Bass Pedal)” (160 MSP)
  • An Endless Sporadic – “The Triangular Race Through Space (2x Bass Pedal)” (80 MSP)
Rock
  • Okills – “Nube” (80 MSP)
  • Memory of a Melody – “Things That Make You Scream” (80 MSP)
  • A Day to Remember – “Sticks & Bricks” (160 MSP)

#6537 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:20 PM

Well, that's the RBN list...but the featured downloads list isn't much better. :-|

• The Offspring – “Days Go By” O X
• Smash Mouth – “Why Can’t We Be Friends” O
• Smash Mouth – “Can’t Get Enough of You Baby” O

#6538 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 03:49 PM

Indeed.

#6539 KaneRobot

KaneRobot

The Profit$ of Doom