Feedback
41 (100%)
Well, this week in Famitsu, there was an announcement about:

Katamari Damacy Tribute
- PS3
- 2009 release
- full HD
- new visual expression

More news later. It was within the GAF Famitsu thread.

Not sure exactly what it is, but its Katamari on PS3 (maybe a Full HD remake of KD, the best Katamari game IMO).

ti1h.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='QiG']How the hell did you go from playing Motorstorm to posting threads like instantly?[/QUOTE]I'm just really fast. :p

I posted a scan in the OP.

[quote name='QiG']How the hell did you go from playing Motorstorm to posting threads like instantly?[/quote]

LOL, I was going to say that... That was quick Mana. :D

Damn.. always wanted to play Katamari.. never got to play it on any system.. Been trying to get the PSP version for my brother so I could atleast try it out, but can't find it anywhere. Might just wait for this. Thanks for the info OP!

[quote name='dallow']:drool: :drool: :drool:

Wish someone could translate the words with the + signs next to them.[/quote]

Well, I think the big words are "beautiful" and "happy"

[quote name='cupcakex1']Damn.. always wanted to play Katamari.. never got to play it on any system.. Been trying to get the PSP version for my brother so I could atleast try it out, but can't find it anywhere. Might just wait for this. Thanks for the info OP![/quote]

you could probably get either of the ps2 versions pretty cheap. i lucked out and got one during that big sale last year i think it was on amazon. its a fun veggie game great music too but the story is wy the fuck off in a good way. multiplayer for this is gonna be crazy especially if theres alot of people on at once. that is if it has multiplayer.

It already came out, it's called Beautiful Katamari and it is on the 360. :lol:

Joking aside, my girlfriend loves the series so I will pick it up on day one.

I liked We Love Katamari a lot (never spent much time with the other ones), and I've been thinking about getting another one... might just have to wait and check this one out when it's released.

I just opened up my amazon black friday copy of katamari that i got for $5 and am looking forward to this bad larry dropping.

I've got every Katamari on home console, so you know I'll pick this up, too (assuming it's cheap). But...

-I don't see how 1080p will make a difference. It's not like 720p in Beautiful Katamari did anything for me.
-I'm not exactly looking forward to the increase of J-pop in the series.
-I hope a black and white stage isn't the extent of this game's innovation.

PlayStation 3 owners who felt a little left out when Katamari Damacy came exclusively to Xbox 360 last year at long last have the bragging rights all to themselves. The latest Famitsu has first details on Katamari Damacy Tribute, an all new PlayStation 3 entry in the series.

Tribute retains the basic Katamari Damacy formula, but appears to up the scale of everything. You'll find items in far greater numbers sitting around waiting to be picked up and added to your growing katamari clump. The game features over 30 stage goals -- the highest number in series history.

Some of the biggest changes are in the presentation. The game supports full 1080p -- as in 1920x1080.

In addition, the visual design has changed. Or, rather, it can be changed. You can now choose your own visual style, selecting from a variety of styles like "comic touch," "new touch," and "wood touch." The game's rendering engine changes accordingly. Those who like the original style can play the old fashioned way too.

Other new elements include a new monochrome stage, where everything except for your katamari is monochrome, and an all new mode of play that's still being kept under wraps. The game will also feature some form of PlayStation Network support. Famitsu lists the title as supporting two players, so we're hoping for some form of online play.

Katamari Damacy Tribute will hit Japanese retail some time this year. The game is only 40% done, but Famitsu's online counterpart Famitsu.com will apparently have first video footage on Friday.
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/966/966106p1.html

Just saw this posted around. Awesome. :D

Milking or not, this is a day 1 purchase. And you are insane if you didn't think 720p on BK made a difference! A crisp, clean Katamari with no jaggies is always welcome. It's been a while since I played the PS2 games so I don't even mind if this is a rehash of those.

Well as long as the devs make the levels feel a lot more like the PS2 levels than the BK levels I will be contented. The levels in BK were really constrained and almost felt like they had set paths that needed to be taken in order to get the 120 point scores which was a real drag. The game should be more focused on pure fun like We Love Katamari.

Ah, Katamari... the only game series I own all the soundtracks for. Also the only one where I bought a game for a system I didn't own. (My boyfriend deeply regretted that 'you can use my 360' comment for a few weeks there. :lol:)

I will buy this. Period. I don't care if it's new, if it's remake, if it's hodgepodge... I will buy this. Katamari owns my wallet.

I was able to pick up most of what the list of songs were, but there were a couple of glaring omissions:

Wanda Wanda
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5q42TCTJSyg

The aforementioned Moon & the Prince

The woefully underrated Katamaritaino
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SrjUCg1riI

and Disco Prince (which is itself a remix of the Moon & the Prince)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYBeMRhCREE

So, am I the only one hoping for a PSN release? (That, or a standard blu-ray disc with a harddrive install option).

Saw the trailer. Looks like the good levels are all back. The cel shading is a very nice touch. Day one. Day. One.

edit: Just thought it would be awesome if this used KD and WLK save data the same way WLK used the KD save data.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow.. never got to play this game.. always wanted to, but never got to.. Finally a new release is coming out.. no reason to not play now ! And the screens look goood !

This game looks incredible. You really can't beat the trippyness of Katamari. I cant wait to roll stuff up in a ball, In HD.

Yeah I just played it.. Kinda fun.

Does the demo have more than 2 levels?
I like the sand level, it took me a while to figure out what to do with the water, lol.
Also I got a gift, at the end the King gives it to you, but I can't find out how to use it? of is it a gift for PlayStation Home?

This is now on the US PSN. 2 levels.

You get to see some new cousins (The Princess! Pu, a baby!) and see what RoboKing is talking about. Expect a timid, unsure personality out of it.

[quote name='Nohbdy']This is now on the US PSN. 2 levels.

You get to see some new cousins (The Princess! Pu, a baby!) and see what RoboKing is talking about. Expect a timid, unsure personality out of it.[/QUOTE]

I liked Dangle, personally ;).

[quote name='io']I liked Dangle, personally ;).[/QUOTE]

Dangle creeped me the fuck out. But yeah, that's just me ;).

I reserved the game at GS and it seems they have a keychain preorder bonus which looks rather cheap seeing the close up picture. Ah well, better than nothing I suppose.

Played the demo and thought the water level was interesting, is this a new mechanic in the game? (played the first one to death and played about 3 hours for the 360). I am liking the the cel-shadingish of the game and the robot king of cosmo was interesting. I think I might pre-order this

Hmm I am a big katamari fan, but I think I might hold off on buying this @ launch.. I thought they had some online play similar to Kat on 360.. Do they at least have HOME unlockables?

bread's done
Back