Photo
- - - - -

Katamari Forever - Gen. Discussion & Info - Out 9/23

• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

#91 io

io

Posted 29 September 2009 - 09:08 AM

Have fun Scorch - I've been playing it all weekend.

So, about that punishment mini-game - my son beat it while I was out of town. He's 6 years old and in first grade. He got like 65K on it and can't really explain how he did it. Best I can do is about 30K :lol:. I haven't really tried that much though.

I'm making my way through the eternal/classic modes now. It seems pretty random how you unlock both of those modes. Are there all 4 for every level (except the tutorial of course)? Because it seems like I have some damn good scores on a couple of levels in both "Forever" and "Drive" mode and yet don't have anything else unlocked.

#92 Superfro33

Superfro33

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2009 - 04:03 PM

I can't stop listening to the soundtrack for this game. I love all the Katamari music and having listened to all of them over the years, the rearrangements and remixes that are in this game are the most amazing fan service ever. Add the music in with the new graphic filters and even some new stuff in the game, and it's a classic for me. Very happy with the game!
Posted Image
Episode 54 - Comic Jumper/Dead Rising 2/Enslaved/Castlevania: LoS/Guitar Hero: WoR/NBA 2K11 (MP3)

#93 Noogums

Noogums

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2009 - 09:44 PM

God i loved katamari on the ps2. the first time i played it i was like lolwut but its just so fun! i think im just gonna go for this one. $35 on amazon is pretty decent for a brand new title.

#94 BlueLobstah

BlueLobstah

Do you...want my carrots?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2009 - 05:10 PM

So, about that punishment mini-game - my son beat it while I was out of town. He's 6 years old and in first grade. He got like 65K on it and can't really explain how he did it. Best I can do is about 30K :lol:. I haven't really tried that much though.

I'm making my way through the eternal/classic modes now. It seems pretty random how you unlock both of those modes. Are there all 4 for every level (except the tutorial of course)? Because it seems like I have some damn good scores on a couple of levels in both "Forever" and "Drive" mode and yet don't have anything else unlocked.

For the punishment mini-game, it just takes a bit of trial and error. The direction that the rocks are shot are somewhat random, so you may get lucky sometimes and have them mostly be shot to one side. I spent probably about 15 minutes on it last night and was eventually able to get a score of 60k~.

I'm not exactly sure what unlocks eternal mode. I know I've 120'd a couple of levels and it still hasn't shown up yet I've gotten 60-80 on others and unlocked it. Maybe it's random?

Just completed all of the Katamari Forever modes last night with 86% items in my collection. I still need to go back and get 80% prizes/cousins, but I figure I can do that while running through Katamari Drive mode.

Posted Image

SSBB: blue - 4897-5594-5432
MKWii: Jason - 0344-9687-4928

#95 cochesecochese

cochesecochese

corrompido e imoral

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2009 - 03:21 PM

Does anyone happen to have a bigger shot of the katamari home items?

this signature is an illusion and is a trap devised by satan. go ahead dauntlessly! make rapid progress!