Amazon Trade-In Special: Trade in 4, get bonus $20 off select new releases

• Please log in to reply
205 replies to this topic

#181 ebay33

ebay33

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2009 - 03:04 PM

My shipment finally arrived at its destination. It took 14 days (shipped 4/1 and arrived 4/15). If I use this service again, I'll probably upgrade to a faster shipping method. But I'm very happy that my shipment wasn't lost.

#182 lilboo

lilboo

Not addicted to WoW

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2009 - 04:32 PM

Question
If I do 8 games (2 different orders of 4) will I get 2 $20 coupons? Sorry if that has been asked!

Now Playing:
:pc: Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft

:pc: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls

:wiiu: Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze

:3ds: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

:3ds: Pokemon Battle Trozei

#183 FlyingMonkey9

FlyingMonkey9

Genetically Modified CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2009 - 05:31 PM

Question
If I do 8 games (2 different orders of 4) will I get 2 $20 coupons? Sorry if that has been asked!

nope, its 1 per household, i found out too late

#184 SimaYi

SimaYi

Ready 4 BlackFriday!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2009 - 07:18 PM

Got the code today, just waiting until Star Ocean IV to go on sale again

#185 Josef

Josef

Touched the dead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2009 - 08:45 PM

Got my $20 off coupon today. Not a bad turn around from last week.

And they even lowered the price of Phantasy Star Portable to $32.99. Sweet!

#186 decrot

decrot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2009 - 09:03 PM

question here

so can you trade in any 4 games? there is no minimum trade in value?
also, when you trade your 4 games in, do you need to do anything else to get that coupon code? or do they automatically send it to you when you just simply trade 4 games in?
SSBB: 0001-2984-4776/ Decrt
MKWii: 1418-7101-3060

#187 Josef

Josef

Touched the dead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2009 - 09:29 PM

question here

also, when you trade your 4 games in, do you need to do anything else to get that coupon code? or do they automatically send it to you when you just simply trade 4 games in?

Promotion has been extended another week. Simply send in 4 complete, excellent condition games listed in their trade in store with a total value of more than $10 and everything should happen automatically.

Edited by Josef, 16 April 2009 - 04:49 PM.

#188 Shady3011

Shady3011

Posted 15 April 2009 - 09:30 PM

question here

The only minimum is the minimum total of $10 before they'll let you ship anything to them. Once your trade is received, you should get the coupon e-mailed to you once all four games have been approved.

Oh yeah. They extended the promotion by another week.

http://www.amazon.co..._rd_i=979418011

#189 Jon Bon

Jon Bon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2009 - 10:05 PM

Does anyone know if amazon will accept wii sports as a trade in if it doesn't have the cardboard casing? I have the manual and game inside a white wii shell casing. I called them and they basically said, "send it in and you'll find out"..

Bart: You are my guest, and I am your host. What is your pleasure? What do you like to do?
Jim: I don't know... play chess... screw...
Bart: Let's play chess.

#190 decrot

decrot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2009 - 10:34 PM

The only minimum is the minimum total of $10 before they'll let you ship anything to them. Once your trade is received, you should get the coupon e-mailed to you once all four games have been approved.

Oh yeah. They extended the promotion by another week.

http://www.amazon.co..._rd_i=979418011

so you don't have to do anything extra to get that 10 coupon right? you just have to submit your trade in's and they'll just give you the coupon automatically?

#191 kojack

kojack

Posted 16 April 2009 - 12:53 PM

Shipped my games Monday 4/13, got my credit Wednesday 4/15. No coupon yet.

#192 lolwut?

lolwut?

Thank you BasedGod

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2009 - 01:38 PM

Fuck.

I'm glad the promotion came back, but the Show went back up to $56.99

#193 Josef

Josef

Touched the dead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2009 - 03:39 PM

so you don't have to do anything extra to get that 10 coupon right? you just have to submit your trade in's and they'll just give you the coupon automatically?

If they accept your games you'll get credit instantly and your coupon code within a few days.

#194 Josef

Josef

Touched the dead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2009 - 04:46 PM

Damn, but thanks for the heads up.
Posted Image

Actually, I was wrong, the promotion has been extended another week. Let me edit my original post.

#195 FlyingMonkey9

FlyingMonkey9

Genetically Modified CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2009 - 04:27 PM

Got credit on monday and still no coupon, why the F does it take so long? Shouldn't it be practically instant

#196 hold_me

hold_me

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2009 - 06:37 PM

I'm a bit confused... can someone help me with a quick question?

For the N64, gameboy, and other cartridge-based games, do you still need the instruction booklet and original box? I have a few N64 games I'd dump that are in great condition... but I threw away the box and book a LOOOONG time ago...

I e-mailed NorAm International (the company who is processing the trades) to ask about this. I got a reply pretty quickly, and she told me that boxes and manuals are required for cartridges, but that they do make exceptions for "older" games and then she asked which games I have. I have all of the boxes and manuals for the GBA games I'm sending in, but for anybody else who is looking to trade cartridges without manuals and boxes you can contact them first to make sure that your games are eligible. I think somebody else posted it already, but this is their website: http://www.norampartners.com/

#197 KingDox

KingDox

Scream My Name

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2009 - 10:13 AM

I got my coupon today, I got Street fighter 4 for 14 bucks after the coupon and the trade in credit of my 4 games.

Pretty good deal since those games were just taking up space on my shelf.

#198 ChingChing

ChingChing

Posted 22 April 2009 - 07:51 AM

I submitted my trade-ins at 4/09, just before the deadline on 4/12.

Amazon finally processed and deposited my Gift card today.

Now I received credit for my trade-ins, which was $27, but I'm wondering where is the extra $20 I was suppose to receive?

It seems like most of you guys received claim codes relatively quick after receiving your gift cards. I'm on the phone with an operator now, and she is telling me amazon never sent me an email for the claim codes, in fact I wasn't suppose to receive one!

Well turns out amazon is giving me a $20 discount off any future purchases to make up for this. Took awhile, mostly on hold, but eventually she told me I'm to expect this discount on my next purchase.

Just in case any of you guys don't get your promotional codes, give them a quick call. Hopefully they'll sort out things and give you the discount you rightfully deserve.

Oh, and sorry for the bump.

#199 jcarlon

jcarlon

Posted 22 April 2009 - 01:56 PM

I submitted my trade-ins at 4/09, just before the deadline on 4/12.

Amazon finally processed and deposited my Gift card today.

Now I received credit for my trade-ins, which was $27, but I'm wondering where is the extra $20 I was suppose to receive?

It seems like most of you guys received claim codes relatively quick after receiving your gift cards. I'm on the phone with an operator now, and she is telling me amazon never sent me an email for the claim codes, in fact I wasn't suppose to receive one!

Well turns out amazon is giving me a $20 discount off any future purchases to make up for this. Took awhile, mostly on hold, but eventually she told me I'm to expect this discount on my next purchase.

Just in case any of you guys don't get your promotional codes, give them a quick call. Hopefully they'll sort out things and give you the discount you rightfully deserve.

Oh, and sorry for the bump.

Hmm. I submitted my games even earlier than you, and got the first e-mail saying my trade-in has been received on April 7. However, still no coupon. I tried calling and the guy who answered was useless. Then via e-mail Amazon told me to wait the full 30 days after the promotion ended to see if I receive a coupon. If not, then they will help me out. Maybe I should give them another call to see if I can get results like yours.

#200 jcarlon

jcarlon

Posted 22 April 2009 - 02:18 PM

Hmm. I submitted my games even earlier than you, and got the first e-mail saying my trade-in has been received on April 7. However, still no coupon. I tried calling and the guy who answered was useless. Then via e-mail Amazon told me to wait the full 30 days after the promotion ended to see if I receive a coupon. If not, then they will help me out. Maybe I should give them another call to see if I can get results like yours.

Well just called again and they gave the same response. Wait 30 days. Awesome.

#201 Lawyers Guns N Money

Lawyers Guns N Money

Nobody from Nowhere

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2009 - 05:10 PM

I mailed my trade-ins on 4/11, got the email they had been received on 4/20, then just this morning (4/22) got the promo code email. Mine was only for $10 off, as I only traded in 2 games, but I did get it, and already used it :)

#202 Last Baron

Last Baron

Mark it zero

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2009 - 05:16 PM

My trade-in was confirmed last week and I got my code this morning. Pissed though because they're returning GHII for lack of a UPC or some crap like that. I bought it legit at CC a few months ago so I'm a little struck that I'm basically out $16 for something so little. Oh well.

#203 decrot

decrot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2009 - 06:21 PM

i had the same problem. I traded in GHIII for the wii and its getting returned for the lack of upc. Anyone know if they Guitar bundles w/ game comes with the upc code?

#204 FlyingMonkey9

FlyingMonkey9

Genetically Modified CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2009 - 06:24 PM

I emailed them to say its been 8 days since I got confirmation of my trade ins and they said I had to wait the 30 days after promotion ends...grrr

#205 jupiterjones

jupiterjones

WHAT THE CUSS!?!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2009 - 11:18 PM

Got my trade-in credit over 2 weeks ago and spent it immediately. As for my $20 promo code...??????? Maybe some day before it expires....

Jupiter_Jones.png

Check out my blog on music, gaming, wrestling, movies etc etc. It doesn't totally suck!

http://abloggymess.com/

#206 decrot

decrot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2009 - 06:27 PM

I called amazon about my returned/missing upc for GHIII and they said that i couldn't send another game because the promotion is over. so i ended up trading 3 games just for a 10 dollar discount. But the operator said that they will give me 10 bucks in credit. But its been a day and I haven't seen 10 bucks credited to my account? anyone else who had problems get a credit? What form should it come in?