The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks

• Please log in to reply
153 replies to this topic

#31 maigoyume

maigoyume

The Lost Dreamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2009 - 01:27 AM

Could be good, will have to wait. Keeping an eye on this though.
Posted Image

It's cheap to ship to/from Canada. Please take a look at Magiic's Magiical Shipping Guide.
For info on Canadian Customs and Tax exemption check Here,
Here and Here
Currently Playing:
Spoiler

#32 b3b0p

b3b0p

Where's r0ckst34dy?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2009 - 01:28 AM

I can't believe I'm not excited for a new Zelda.

This.

Both Phantom Hourglass and Wind Waker were the most boring and ultimately disappointing Zelda games for me. Since it looks similar and is on the DS I don't have high hopes for this.

#33 Zmonkay

Zmonkay

Awesome in Small Doses

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2009 - 01:35 AM

ugh, I know I'll still get it, but I'd love it if they got rid of the damned touch controlls. The Oracle series on GBC and Minish Cap on GBA were fantastic Zelda games. I still haven't finished PH. I get bored of it too quickly for some reason.
For Sale: Like New/Opened Once Japanese Transformer 2010 Reissue Predaking http://www.cheapassg...291#post2498291

yourfree360games referal: SIGN UP AND GET FREE 360 games with easy and free (or dirt cheap) trial offers
http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=233445

#34 Z_meista

Z_meista

The Paragon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2009 - 02:16 AM

interested.

#35 shlby

shlby

Posted 26 March 2009 - 08:38 AM

ROFL. Why must there always be some sort of vehicle in the latest zelda games? Boat...Train.....i call plane next.

Minish Cap was awesome!

I'll probably still buy this though.

BTW, Minish Cap was awesome!
Posted Image

#36 lilboo

lilboo

Not addicted to WoW

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2009 - 01:56 PM

I guess this looks neat. Wind Waker with a train. Hmm. :-k

Now Playing:
:pc: Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft

:pc: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls

:wiiu: Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze

:3ds: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

:3ds: Pokemon Battle Trozei

#37 crunchewy

crunchewy

Posted 26 March 2009 - 02:42 PM

Well, I really liked Phantom Hourglass, so obviously I'm excited about this new one. I also enjoyed Minish Cap, but, and I'm sure I'll take a beating for it, Phantom Hourglass was more fun. I also really liked the touch controls and would be sad if they took that away. Fortunately I doubt that they will. Hopefully they'll build upon and improve them.
Posted Image

#38 Tybee

Tybee

Rowsdower!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2009 - 03:22 PM

Well, I really liked Phantom Hourglass, so obviously I'm excited about this new one. I also enjoyed Minish Cap, but, and I'm sure I'll take a beating for it, Phantom Hourglass was more fun. I also really liked the touch controls and would be sad if they took that away. Fortunately I doubt that they will. Hopefully they'll build upon and improve them.

You're not alone there. I liked both, but preferred PH to Minish Cap. The touch controls do not bother me at all. The only thing I didn't like about PH was returning to the same dungeon again and again and dealing with the time limit. But I loved the nautical aspect and the style of play. Minish Cap felt too short to me.

#39 magus83

magus83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2009 - 03:44 PM

Not excited for this, couldn't stand the abundance of touch controls from phantom hourglass. I much prefer the classic style of the past portable zelda games.

I don't mind some touch controls here and there but imo they killed PH by going overboard with them. If they can tone down the touch controls then I might get this game.

#40 foltzie

foltzie

Strell where art thou?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2009 - 03:55 PM

Didn't anyone ever play with trains as a kid?

Thomas the tank engine meets Link? Its a shame George Carlin isnt available to be Link's conductor friend.

#41 Tybee

Tybee

Rowsdower!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2009 - 04:35 PM

Didn't anyone ever play with trains as a kid?

Thomas the tank engine meets Link? Its a shame George Carlin isnt available to be Link's conductor friend.

I could see that.

"What the Fuck are you doing, kid? Pull your fucking head out of your ass and find the goddamn Triforce. And pass me that joint."

#42 Backlash

Backlash

www.thecoverproject.net

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2009 - 05:25 PM

Hmm, I'll probably end up with it at some point, but I'm not getting too excited yet. I also liked Link to the Past style the best.

The worst parts about PH for me were:

1. Random part collection, especially when you worked your butt off to get a chest in the main dungeon and it just held some crappy ship part.

2. The time limit in the main dungeon.

#43 aknowlesjr

aknowlesjr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2009 - 01:33 AM

I enjoyed PH and found it charming and delightful. The train concept seems weird, but i'm intrigued. A larger world is always nice. I guess they are trying to move away from the ocean concept.
Posted Image

A person should not believe in an -ism, he should believe in himself.

I'm haunted every day by regret upon regret and profound shame over what I've become.

#44 Zing

Zing

Witty Remark Here

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2009 - 02:00 PM

Phantom Hourglass was a great game. The only issue I had with the touch controls is that my hand got in the way of seeing what was on the screen. I also rather enjoyed how they implemented the temple.

#45 Grantimus

Grantimus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2009 - 02:28 AM

I really liked Phantom Hourglass, and am running through it a second time now, and it's still enjoyable to me. I like what I see in this trailer, except for the fact that the train has basically just replaced the boat, except it's stuck to rails. You'll probably unlock or build new rails to make travel easier, but the glaring omission of an overworld you can really explore is still there.

Link has a wind gun? Looks like the bow and arrow that just fires wind. I like it, and the controlling of a dummy character. I'd say I'd keep an eye on this one, but both that and the fact that I'll be buying this are both a given.

#46 Cao Cao

Cao Cao

Spoooooooky

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2009 - 04:38 AM

For those who missed it, Nintendo released a gameplay trailer of Spirit Tracks at E3 (It was also playable at Nintendo's exhibit):
http://www.gametrail...ayer/50281.html
As you can see, Link can now use a whip. Apparently, when a problem comes along, you must whip it. When a chasm must be crossed, you must whip it. Now whip it, and be sure to whip it good. Ku-rack that whip.

#47 foltzie

foltzie

Strell where art thou?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2009 - 12:48 PM

It is official. Link is Young Indiana Jones.

#48 Zing

Zing

Witty Remark Here

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2009 - 01:16 PM

So let me get this straight. It's Zelda but with a whip instead of a boomerang and a train instead of a boat?

#49 foltzie

foltzie

Strell where art thou?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2009 - 01:55 PM

So let me get this straight. It's Zelda but with a whip instead of a boomerang and a train instead of a boat?

He still has the boomerang, and if you're lucky he has a boat tool. We'll it would have to be more of a cargo ship, with the train and all, but same thing.

#50 Kaoz

Kaoz

Posted 11 June 2009 - 03:00 PM

Phantom hourglass was fun but the dungeons were oversimplified. I am hoping this one is a bit more complex.

#51 crunchewy

crunchewy

Posted 11 June 2009 - 07:47 PM

Phantom Hourglass was great and I'm definitely looking forward to the new one. Regarding "oversimplified" dungeons... there have been some really annoying dungeons in Zelda games of the past, and Phantom Hourglass didn't have any. The challenge was just about right. I suspect what I consider annoying is exactly what you are looking for, though. :)

EDIT: by saying there were no "annoying" dungeons in Hourglass, I'm of course completely ignoring that one repeated unmentionable in Phantom Hourglass. ;^) Yes, it had its faults, although that didn't bother me as much as it did some - I got into finding the shortcuts. Anyway, the "annoying" I'm talking about are those dungeons that are ridiculously convoluted and require lots of trial and error and memorization.
Posted Image

#52 Ruahrc

Ruahrc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2009 - 06:44 AM

Sorry to bring up an old thread but what's the latest on Spirit Tracks? I see that it is supposed to come out in December? Are there any preorder info out yet or is it still a little bit early?

Ruahrc

#53 laaj

laaj

Posted 26 October 2009 - 07:35 AM

Sorry to bring up an old thread but what's the latest on Spirit Tracks? I see that it is supposed to come out in December? Are there any preorder info out yet or is it still a little bit early?

Ruahrc

Yeah I want some pre-order bonuses.

#54 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2009 - 07:54 AM

release date is 12/07/09

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#55 Zing

Zing

Witty Remark Here

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2009 - 03:54 AM

Between this and NSMB Wii, I will finally get to use up my EB credit.

#56 Cao Cao

Cao Cao

Spoooooooky

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2009 - 09:11 AM

A new trailer premiered on GameTrailers:
http://www.gametrail...ayer/58652.html

It shows some new gameplay involving the Phantom Knight, another boss battle, and some storyline (
Spoiler
)

#57 crunchewy

crunchewy

Posted 06 November 2009 - 02:32 PM

FYI, Gamestop is showing this as being available on December 8th, not 7th. My son (and I) are really looking forward to this game! I stopped the preview before it was over - I don't want to see too much ahead of time.
Posted Image

#58 Strell

Strell

LOBSTERS!....IN MY PANTS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2009 - 02:41 PM

Re: Preorder bonuses

Doesn't look like NA gets any, but Japan gets a feather/quill stylus akin to the Phantom Hourglass preorder. The difference is that it comes in a rupee shaped case, which makes my heart hurt, because now I'll have to track one down somehow.

The UK gets a tin box with little figurine statuettes of Link and the Phantom he can control. You can actually order it and have it shipped to you, and the final price ends up being roughly $48. Seems like the standard MSRP around here is going to be $35 no matter what (even on Amazon), so it might not be such a bad idea if you really dig this kind of swag.

Posted Image
Aminal Crossing: Strell@Tazmily, 2836-3590- 0819

"One of the more...amusing screwballs around here..." - shrike4242
Join the El Hoardo Fan Club!
Threadless.com puts the fun back in laundry!...lafundry! HOORAY! (Referral link)
Wii Obscure FAQ and Facts Thread [Version 2.0] ::: Wii Shop Thread ::: DSi Shop Thread

#59 crunchewy

crunchewy

Posted 06 November 2009 - 03:14 PM

Surely there has to be a pre-order bonus. There better be! We've got a pre-order in at Gamestop, but now I've got the game in my amazon quick picks today, and if there isn't going to be a pre-order bonus at GS.... What to do.
Posted Image

#60 ChibiJosh

ChibiJosh

Posted 06 November 2009 - 04:28 PM

Wait, does Link have a rope snake in that trailer?

Spoiler

Posted Image
Games Completed '08 (32) - '09 (43) - '10 (48) - '11 (43) -'12 (15)
PS3 Trophy card:
Spoiler