The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks

• Please log in to reply
153 replies to this topic

#121 bmachine

bmachine

somewhat damaged

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2009 - 03:44 AM

I haven't had a single issue with the Spirit Flute. Weird how different some of our experiences are with it.

Posted Image
VGH#78: Forking Paths is now available
on iTunes, the Zune Marketplace and from http://vghangover.com.

Spoiler

#122 fart_bubble

fart_bubble

A fart that says "Ni"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2009 - 07:43 PM

I'm done with this game. I've spent way too much time on getting that flute part right to no avail. Dug the game till this wall
Posted ImagePosted Image

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats

#123 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2009 - 07:49 PM

I have not had one problem with the spirit flute.

We don't take kindly to cheaters around this part.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#124 cochesecochese

cochesecochese

corrompido e imoral

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2009 - 05:24 PM

What happens if I mess up a transport? I suck at shooting and Zelda's teacher got off and walked by foot. No idea where he is now.

Also when does the construction worker finish the fence in Anouki village?

this signature is an illusion and is a trap devised by satan. go ahead dauntlessly! make rapid progress!

#125 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2009 - 10:07 PM

No idea. I need to know where to get lumber in the first place.
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#126 cochesecochese

cochesecochese

corrompido e imoral

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2009 - 05:55 AM

No idea. I need to know where to get lumber in the first place.

Whittleton.

this signature is an illusion and is a trap devised by satan. go ahead dauntlessly! make rapid progress!

#127 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2009 - 11:41 PM

I beat this today and I'm pretty disappointed with it. They even managed to
Spoiler

CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#128 xtreme_Zr2

xtreme_Zr2

Mr. Sonny Crockett

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2009 - 11:54 PM

I beat this today and I'm pretty disappointed with it. They even managed to

Spoiler

Broly, I'm buying you a spirit flute for Christmas. :D

Currently playing:

GTA V

ME3MP 
Fire Emblem: Awakening

#129 MasterSun1

MasterSun1

Already Guilty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2009 - 08:53 AM

The Minish Cap owns this game.

#130 bmachine

bmachine

somewhat damaged

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2009 - 09:06 AM

Speaking of: any ideas from the community on where I can score a copy of The Minish Cap?

It doesn't have to be sealed or even include the box/manual...I just want to play it again.

The prices on eBay/Amazon Marketplace are ridiculous and I'm a little concerned about bootlegs. Ideally, I'd like to get it for $15-20 from a reputable source.

#131 ChibiJosh

ChibiJosh

Posted 31 December 2009 - 09:25 AM

I got stuck on the last boss. That first part feels impossible. The annoying this is that it would be so much easier if it weren't for the touch screen controls.
Posted Image
Games Completed '08 (32) - '09 (43) - '10 (48) - '11 (43) -'12 (15)
PS3 Trophy card:
Spoiler

#132 Zing

Zing

Witty Remark Here

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2010 - 06:18 AM

Speaking of: any ideas from the community on where I can score a copy of The Minish Cap?

It doesn't have to be sealed or even include the box/manual...I just want to play it again.

The prices on eBay/Amazon Marketplace are ridiculous and I'm a little concerned about bootlegs. Ideally, I'd like to get it for $15-20 from a reputable source.

It must be some weird xmas price oddity. I bought Minish Cap from ebay, complete in box, during the summer for the price you are asking.

If you buy it complete with box on ebay, the chances of getting a bootleg are extremely low.

#133 bmachine

bmachine

somewhat damaged

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2010 - 06:33 AM

It must be some weird xmas price oddity. I bought Minish Cap from ebay, complete in box, during the summer for the price you are asking.

If you buy it complete with box on ebay, the chances of getting a bootleg are extremely low.

Thanks for the insight. I may have to just wait it out.

#134 emg28

emg28

esteeohpee

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2010 - 07:44 PM

Not sure if you're only looking for it online but Gamestop sells it used for $19.99. It would be cart-only but atleast you would be able to check to see if the cart is legit before buying. You can check GS.com for availability in your area.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Games Beaten: 2012 2011 2010 2009

#135 bmachine

bmachine

somewhat damaged

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2010 - 11:55 PM

Any tips on how to identify a bootleg GBA cart just by looking at it?

#136 xycury

xycury

there is only one

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2010 - 12:06 AM

Any tips on how to identify a bootleg GBA cart just by looking at it?

Color: compare to other carts, should be the same, bootlegs are a different shade.

Label: make sure it has a proper label that's printed at the best quailty, most of the time there should be a 2 digit stamp in the label too.

Text on Circuit board: tilt like you're going to "blow" on it, but view on the green, should be NINTENDO on the board with gold, not silver pins.

#137 Zing

Zing

Witty Remark Here

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2010 - 05:44 AM

The Nintendo logo on the inside of the slot has yet to fail me.

#138 fart_bubble

fart_bubble

A fart that says "Ni"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2010 - 07:45 AM

also, don't most bootlegs use a different screw?
Posted ImagePosted Image

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats

#139 schulerbob

schulerbob

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2010 - 02:17 PM

Its not grabbing me so far. The spirit flute is terrible. I'll keep playing it, because Zelda is my favorite series, but it sure as hell better pick up.

#140 cochesecochese

cochesecochese

corrompido e imoral

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2010 - 05:24 PM

Its not grabbing me so far. The spirit flute is terrible. I'll keep playing it, because Zelda is my favorite series, but it sure as hell better pick up.

I thought the second boss and the second world were pretty weak but I loved the third/fourth/fifth and the last half of the spirit temple. The final world can be a little frustrating but the final boss is a really good time.

Stick with it. If you absolutely must go for all train parts then do everything leading up to the final realm. E.g. clear out the spirit temple completely and then do all the minigames as you will have a LOT more treasure with which to buy parts.

#141 icedrake523

icedrake523

Good News Everyone!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2010 - 09:44 PM

It's a little hard for me to get into. I don't mind the train but it's a little slow and the lack of a good warp system is annoying. I despise the bomb cars. They're just a hurdle for you to detour around and extend the game an unnecessary 10 minutes.

I wish they'd go back to the Minish Cap style. It was more manageable and easier to get into. Plus it felt like I was playing an SNES game which is a nice feeling.

#142 creid

creid

Dead For The Summer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2010 - 12:03 AM

Finished it, fun game but I liked PH better. The last train part is a biiiiitch when you don't know everything you can do.

#143 bmachine

bmachine

somewhat damaged

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2010 - 12:57 AM

Put a lot of hours into this over the weekend and I love it. The big timed central dungeon in PH ruined that game for me. This one is much more user-friendly.

Posted Image
VGH#78: Forking Paths is now available
on iTunes, the Zune Marketplace and from http://vghangover.com.

Spoiler

#144 adriley313

adriley313

Posted 06 January 2010 - 01:48 AM

How do you awaken the statue to tell you if you missed something?

thx a bunch
Now Playing:
:360: Prototype 2
:3ds: Fire Emblem: Awakening

Now Reading: Impulse by Steven Gould

#145 ChibiJosh

ChibiJosh

Posted 06 January 2010 - 01:53 AM

Play the awakening song. You should've got it shortly after getting the spirit flute. I think it was on the way to
Spoiler

Posted Image
Games Completed '08 (32) - '09 (43) - '10 (48) - '11 (43) -'12 (15)
PS3 Trophy card:
Spoiler

#146 adriley313

adriley313

Posted 06 January 2010 - 07:29 PM

Ok thx a bunch
Just beat the second boss after getting the 5th heart from the Battle Place and a potion.
My how potions help out.
Now Playing:
:360: Prototype 2
:3ds: Fire Emblem: Awakening

Now Reading: Impulse by Steven Gould

#147 schulerbob

schulerbob

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2010 - 04:57 AM

I thought the second boss and the second world were pretty weak but I loved the third/fourth/fifth and the last half of the spirit temple. The final world can be a little frustrating but the final boss is a really good time.

Stick with it. If you absolutely must go for all train parts then do everything leading up to the final realm. E.g. clear out the spirit temple completely and then do all the minigames as you will have a LOT more treasure with which to buy parts.

I'm hooked. The first couple of worlds were a little weak, but it got a lot better. Also far less blowing into the ds the further you get, which is a plus.

#148 icedrake523

icedrake523

Good News Everyone!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2010 - 04:58 AM

They needed a better warping system in this.

Also, I cannot pass Rael's duet. Every time I go to the last green note, it gets hit twice even though I'm breathing into the mic steadily. I hate the flute. It's just a gimmick Nintendo made up to take advantage of an otherwise useless hardware feature.

EDIT: I finally beat it. Turns out I wasn't playing each note long enough. The Sand Temple is definitely one of the most creative in any Zelda game.

I also got more force gems so traveling is better now.

Edited by icedrake523, 08 January 2010 - 05:28 PM.

#149 Kaoz

Kaoz

Posted 25 January 2010 - 04:33 AM

Song for the third track killed the game for me, I just can't do it. Don't understand how Nintendo thought this was a good idea at all.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#150 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2010 - 06:07 PM

I just started and I feel the same way. I beat the first dungeon in the woods and got the second map piece (but haven't been there yet). The train is SLOW. Can you ever get out and walk in the overworld or is it all train tracks? Also, blowing into the mic SUCKS. It is an OK idea but the execution is shit because it doesn't work 100% of the time. I'm hoping it gets better but so far I'm disappointed.

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---