Photo
- - - - -

Monoprice.com - Need HDMI, Optical Audio, Component, or Other Cables, Get Them Here

• Please log in to reply
253 replies to this topic

#31 minos1067

minos1067

Remember 'Game Stuff'?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2007 - 04:51 PM

you might want to checkout playasia for cheap vga cables

OR MERITLINE.COM? i think they have them.

#32 Hockey37

Hockey37

Hockey Player/Coach CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2007 - 05:45 PM

Sorry. I don't believe they carry gaming cables (i.e., cables that include a proprietary connector for a console).

http://www.monoprice...&seq=1&format=2

Wii component cables, 3rd party. Didn't bother checking for the 360 VGA, or any other console cables, for that matter.

I was a bit surprised when I first saw mention of these on Monoprice.

#33 Tybee

Tybee

Rowsdower!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2007 - 06:46 PM

http://www.monoprice...&seq=1&format=2

Wii component cables, 3rd party. Didn't bother checking for the 360 VGA, or any other console cables, for that matter.

I was a bit surprised when I first saw mention of these on Monoprice.

I stand corrected. And they do have a 360 component cable:

http://www.monoprice...format=2&style=

But looks like no VGA.

#34 lossleader

lossleader

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2007 - 10:24 AM

Anyone bought one of there HDMI switch boxes with remote?

My TV only has one HDMI input and so I bought a manual switch for $18.48 and it works great for switching between cable box/upconverting dvd player:

http://www.monoprice...t=2#description
ONLY great things to report on every transaction I've had with them.

#35 trashsurfr

trashsurfr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2007 - 06:51 AM

my directv receiver (h20-100) just received the latest software update (yea!). so,while i was in big lots (store) i found an hdmi to hdmi (male to male) cable for twelve bucks (triquest brand) and decided if to try it out to see if hdmi finally worked,it did. so,my question is: is there a cheaper and better quality hdmi to hdmi cable available from monoprice that anyone can recommend?

#36 weevles

weevles

Posted 04 August 2007 - 08:33 AM

Excellent--fast and reasonable shipping even to Hawaii. I can't see getting A/V cables anywhere else.

#37 opportunity777

opportunity777

Disco Fever

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2007 - 09:37 AM

This place is awesome. I have been buying cables from them for months. Also, one of the Wii component cables came broken, and they sent me a new one free of charge.

#38 opportunity777

opportunity777

Disco Fever

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2007 - 09:40 AM

my directv receiver (h20-100) just received the latest software update (yea!). so,while i was in big lots (store) i found an hdmi to hdmi (male to male) cable for twelve bucks (triquest brand) and decided if to try it out to see if hdmi finally worked,it did. so,my question is: is there a cheaper and better quality hdmi to hdmi cable available from monoprice that anyone can recommend?

Quality between cables is negligible. I haven't noticed any difference between the monster cables I was using before or a monoprice cable on my Philips 720p / 1080i or the SHARP 1080p. I sold all of my old monster cables after I started buying at monoprice. I guess if you are a freak and can notice those type of things there might be a difference. Just get the cheapest cable you can from monoprice at the proper length, and you will probably be ok.

#39 Wolfpup

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2007 - 02:42 PM

Yikes. They're running a 9.79 on Reseller Ratings!

Okay, I guess next time I need cables I'll give them a try.

Do their cables have lead in them? A lot of cables I see at Best Buy have to carry warnings about washing your hands, etc. because of the lead in them.

And anyone know if those HDMI switches work? I see they've got a $20 two port manual switch, which theoretically would be perfect for me if/when I end up with both a Playstation 3 and 360.

#40 trashsurfr

trashsurfr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2007 - 04:12 AM

Quality between cables is negligible. I haven't noticed any difference between the monster cables I was using before or a monoprice cable on my Philips 720p / 1080i or the SHARP 1080p. I sold all of my old monster cables after I started buying at monoprice. I guess if you are a freak and can notice those type of things there might be a difference. Just get the cheapest cable you can from monoprice at the proper length, and you will probably be ok.

yeah,thats how i feel too. its just that awhile back i thought i noticed a post for hdmi cables from monoprice for around 3-4 bucks shipped. the cheapest i could i find was around 8 bucks plus shipping on the site. i think i will hold onto to the cheapies from big lots since they are getting the job done. with that said,if you can't find cheap cables in-store,then monoprice is the way to go.

#41 -GoodFella-

-GoodFella-

Barca Reigns Supreme

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2007 - 04:27 AM

Another thumbs up for Monoprice here. Their low prices and fast shipping will definitely have me coming back.

#42 EDiTOR9

EDiTOR9

Posted 05 August 2007 - 04:38 AM

I got the wii component cables and HDMI for PS3; the geek in me couldn't hold out, so I had them overnight-ed. All for under $18. Great.F'n.Deal.

#43 VipFREAK

VipFREAK

Fun Knee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2007 - 04:41 AM

I've known about this place for awhile. I think it will be time to get an HDMI cable for my PS3. :)

My Summer Motto: "When Nature turns off the damn heat I'll turn off my A/C"

Trade List

#44 Chris Dillon

Chris Dillon

God Save The King

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2007 - 09:59 PM

Just buy a cable from them. Its cheap, its easy, and its not a whore.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#45 triplehelix

triplehelix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2007 - 07:22 AM

I bought wii cables from them for 9 $ shipped... and they arrived in decent time and working order... however there are like visible (slightly) waves that move from bottom to top accross my tv... is that the wii or the HD cables? did I get bad cables or does the wii just project shitty 480p?

has anyone else experienced this (easy to see when screen is dark)? and if it is just my cables, what is monoprices deal on returns? I've had them for like 2 weeks...

CGL: 2014
2013 - 2012 - 2011 - 2010 - 2009

#46 Wolfpup

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2007 - 04:39 PM

Well, it could be your TV, or your Wii, but I'd bet it's the cable. The Wii's output is clean (low resolution of course, but clean).

That's why I'm scared to try cheap cables-or anything really besides first party stuff. First party stuff works at least.

#47 opportunity777

opportunity777

Disco Fever

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2007 - 04:52 PM

I bought wii cables from them for 9 $ shipped... and they arrived in decent time and working order... however there are like visible (slightly) waves that move from bottom to top accross my tv... is that the wii or the HD cables? did I get bad cables or does the wii just project shitty 480p?

has anyone else experienced this (easy to see when screen is dark)? and if it is just my cables, what is monoprices deal on returns? I've had them for like 2 weeks...

The only way to really find out is try them on another TV. I would think it's the TV because I had a similar problem with XBOX 360 1st party component cables on my brother-in-laws RCA, but it works just fine on both my TVs.

#48 Nephilim

Nephilim

Sumerland holds me

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2007 - 08:50 PM

I had a similar issue with composite cables from my GC. Turns out it was the INPUT on the TV. All the other inputs looked fine except the one I was using.

So try another input on the TV if you have one.

Are you using a Switchbox of some kind? If so, take that out of the mix as well.

#49 triplehelix

triplehelix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2007 - 10:58 PM

no switchbox... it's plugged directly into the back of the tv (only component inputs, small lcd tv)... my dad has a big screen hd tv i can test it on, but i'm too lazy to go unplug his hd stuff for my wii. I hope its not the tv, all other imputs are perfect just the component is a little shaky which made me think maybe its the cables.

I'm moving into the dorms next week and i'm sure someone else will have an hdtv that i can test my cables on. I just couldn't make myself pay $35 for first party cables when monoprice had them for under 10 shipped.

thanks for the help

#50 Wolfpup

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2007 - 01:47 PM

The first party cables should be $30 from Nintendo, although then you've got shipping, so...

I guess issues with TVs are the reason I don't skimp out on TVs either. It's more important than ever, since the quality of your TV's scaler is REAAAAAAALLY important if you play SD games like the Wii and Playstation 2. I keep saying it-Sony's modern HDTVs have fantastic scalers. I can't even tell my Wii is being scaled. I honestly can't.

#51 triplehelix

triplehelix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2007 - 09:28 AM

ok, so I had some other issues with that tv and promply returned it to my local sears for cash... then drove over to circuit city and bought a bigger and better tv... 19 to 27 inch... proscan to olevia...

And now with the new TV the waves have dissappeared, so it apears that the tv I had just had crappy component ports, as it's very smooth now on my larger screen with the same 9 $ cables from monoprice. Hail monoprice as their cables are awesome (on a non-shitty tv... lol)

#52 Psykodelik

Psykodelik

Piw Piw Masta!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2007 - 11:39 AM

ok, so I had some other issues with that tv and promply returned it to my local sears for cash... then drove over to circuit city and bought a bigger and better tv... 19 to 27 inch... proscan to olevia...

And now with the new TV the waves have dissappeared, so it apears that the tv I had just had crappy component ports, as it's very smooth now on my larger screen with the same 9 $ cables from monoprice. Hail monoprice as their cables are awesome (on a non-shitty tv... lol)

Good to hear you're able to find out the problem and get it settled quickly. Nice jump in size too. I got a 27" olevia for my room, then cleaned it...returned it and got the 32" from CC.

For monoprice, I also like the fact that when they're OOS. There's a date to tell you when it'll be available and they can also send you an email. Nothing but positive on my end. Heh, one day when I place another order, I'm gonna drive down there myself (20ish mins away) and say thanks and isht to them.

#53 nubirdman

nubirdman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2007 - 05:36 AM

Just got my 25ft monoprice SVGA (w/audio) cable in the mail... Screw monster, monoprice is the real deal. Even generic brands of the same cable at my local electronic stores were double and in some cases triple the cost of what monoprice offered.

And if you're really cheap sign up at gaminglagoon, they'll buy/order monoprice cables for you for filling out simple surveys, which is the ultimate cheap ass way of getting things. Use the link in my profile and be my first referral if you do decide to join. I got my cables as fast as I would have if I ordered them, gaminglagooon just had them shipped to me.

Above all else, use monoprice.... Great find CAG board!

#54 ratzombie

ratzombie

aka yunkie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2007 - 12:31 AM

Ordered a set of component cables for my Wii on Thursday, and they came today.

Insane!

#55 crazynater

crazynater

It's good to be the king!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2007 - 08:41 AM

amazing site! ordered component cables and fiber optic audio cables. all very high quality and much less than any store. THANKS MONOPRICE
Things I have thanks to CAG...
FREE - 30gb Black iPod from Paypal

2008 Movie Spending Tab
2008 Video Game Spending Tab
My Tradelist
My eBay Auctions
My Game Collection
My Movie Collection

#56 JetTone

JetTone

Posted 26 August 2007 - 08:52 AM

Great company. Ships the next day. Ordered a bunch of different cables from them and got them within three days here in Alaska.

#57 weevles

weevles

Posted 29 August 2007 - 09:07 PM

Damn, these guys are fast. I put in an order for another HDMI and couple more toslinks less than an hour ago and it's already prepped for delivery. Unreal.

#58 SteveMcQ

SteveMcQ

I love Panda!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2007 - 09:21 PM

Damn, these guys are fast. I put in an order for another HDMI and couple more toslinks less than an hour ago and it's already prepped for delivery. Unreal.

They're very good at getting orders out fast. If your order gets in by 11amPST (I think), it's guaranteed to ship out that same business day.

#59 BelieveTheHype

BelieveTheHype

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2007 - 09:35 PM

why are some priced really high and some priced so low? is there THAT much of a difference between cables? I'm talking about HDMI cables male-2-male connections.

oh and i'm not singling this company out..i mean in general...why are some cables more expensive than others...besides the fact that they're longer in feet.

#60 bstfrmdamidaeast

bstfrmdamidaeast

Posted 30 August 2007 - 09:44 PM

I know most of you probably know about this place, but I just thought I would post this since I did not find a topic.

monoprice.com has long been known as the cheapest place to buy USB, Network, HDMI, and many other cables, period.

Their service is excellent as well.

Our business just ordered another round of Network and USB cables and saved close to $1000 compared to retail stores like Best Buy, etc.

We have had Network cables from monoprice throughout our building for a few years and have had NO ISSUES at all. Most of the cables in my home (S-Video, HDMI, USB, CAT5e, etc. are also from monoprice and they have been perfect.

The Quality of the cables I have bought has been as good or in many cases, much better than more expensive cables elsewhere.

I know there are other online retailers like Firefold that sell for similar prices, but I have not found their service to be near as good as monoprice.

also add the site. newegg.com. 100ft cable for 8bucks.