• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#31 Ski Hawk

Ski Hawk

Digimon Fanboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2009 - 09:03 PM

not right now

Might wanna pick one up right now if you wanna sell it later, Persona 3 guides are going for 30-35 on ebay.

#32 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2009 - 09:04 PM

Might wanna pick one up right now if you wanna sell it later, Persona 3 guides are going for 30-35 on ebay.

it was going for $60 but the price has gone back down

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#33 wildnuts02

wildnuts02

2 Real 4 U

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2009 - 09:05 PM

no idea why. they are essentially useless after FES
Posted Image

#34 RepedeGoesWoof

RepedeGoesWoof

Woof Woof Woof

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2009 - 10:36 PM

Wooo! I'm off tomorrow to GS to see if they have any. I actually haven't played P4 in quite a while, I've only gone through about 2 hours until I kind of, well, stopped...no reason why, just did.

Thanks OP

Edited by Ichigo1993, 28 March 2009 - 06:31 PM.

Posted Image

#35 animemaniac14

animemaniac14

Do the Monkey w/Me!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2009 - 10:41 PM

SAHWEET! got 1 for myself (of course)

Posted Image

[CDs=450] [DVDs=727] [VGs=434] [Books=183]

6% Cash back on BestBuy.com (can use for in-store pick up too!)!
http://www.topcashba...m/ref/cidsaijin

Spoiler

Spoiler

Free Gift Cards > Sex with a Blueshirt

#36 jacknicklson

jacknicklson

Posted 27 March 2009 - 11:20 PM

Thanks OP! Found a minty fresh sealed copy at a GS by my house!
Posted Image

#37 jlew

jlew

For Great Justice

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2009 - 02:45 AM

Thanks for posting this. Picked one up today
My Tradelist

"...I'm filled with stress! I have three kids and no money. Why can't I have no kids and three money??" - Homer Simpson

#38 movieman2742

movieman2742

#1 CAG in Whitehall, OH

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2009 - 11:46 AM

Can these be flipped, For, you know, profit?

Noy yet, at least. DoubleJump tends to print few guides for games, although P4 was fairly popular. SMT Nocturne was a DJ guide and it's very hard to find!
http://l4d-fr.com/ac...gn&c=u&e=15&f=2

Sir Mr Bubbles Xbox Live
Sir_Mr_Bubbles Playstation Network

sir_mr_bubbles ebay id name
http://stores.ebay.c...ameZL2222QQtZkm

#39 RepedeGoesWoof

RepedeGoesWoof

Woof Woof Woof

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2009 - 03:09 PM

Gah, never knew a person had to be over 17 to buy a guide. Last copy at my store as well, so I'll probably have to drag my parents with me to get it.

EDIT: Went back and picked it up. My parent came along and it took a good minute or two for them to confirm it was okay with her. All went well though.

Edited by Ichigo1993, 28 March 2009 - 06:33 PM.

Posted Image

#40 dz00mb1e

dz00mb1e

Posted 28 March 2009 - 04:25 PM

Gah, never knew a person had to be over 17 to buy a guide. Last copy at my store as well, so I'll probably have to drag my parents with me to get it.

What is that crap? You gotta be 17 and up to purchase a strategy guide for a M-rated game. That's some horse crap. I remembered 2 weeks ago when a cashier asked me for my I.D. for a RE5 guide at Best Buy. I was like, "For real?"

Anyway, it's a damn shame. Treating a strategy guide like a M-rated game. What a world.

#41 Mugen Power

Mugen Power

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2009 - 04:34 PM

Haha, no wonder they gave me that spiel about the M rating... The guy probably thought I might've been around that age. :roll:

#42 JohnnyDrama

JohnnyDrama

VICTORY!!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2009 - 04:56 PM

nice, I'll be checking out GS after work

#43 botticus

botticus

Posted 28 March 2009 - 05:12 PM

Picked one up since I was at the mall. Worth it for use or selling later, one way or the other. No Tales Wii guide though. :(

#44 placebo1

placebo1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2009 - 05:37 PM

Speaking of DJ guides, the Mana Khemia one isn't showing on their site so I can't search locally for it. Is it still at $20? I also tried to find a sku or product ID to look in a cached page but couldn't turn up anything with my googlefu.

#45 gobz

gobz

~* Bird Lives *~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2009 - 05:40 PM

Picked one up today, thanks OP

Posted Image

#46 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2009 - 08:25 PM

Picked this up as well, sealed copy. Mine actually rang up at $8.99.

33126.png

#47 makesfive

makesfive

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2009 - 08:44 PM

Thanks, picked one up today, looks like a really well done guide and yay for being cheap.

#48 Halo05

Halo05

Posted 28 March 2009 - 08:54 PM

Hooray, got the last one at my local store. Thanks for the heads up Ninja Dog and the usual suspects in the GS pricedrop thread.

As many of you know, black ops 2 is plaid with bugs, lag etc which many people have been suffering including me.

plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid

#49 FFBlitzace

FFBlitzace

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2009 - 01:08 AM

I'm disappointed. I hadn't been in my Gamestop in forever, but I went today to see if they had this guide. Turns out they don't even carry guides anymore. I guess because it's a tiny store in a mall? I don't know. The only guides they had were RE5 and Pokemon Platinum at the counter. I would have knocked over the magazine rack in anger, but they didn't have any of those either!

#50 Frosty The Batman

Frosty The Batman

Luv that dirty water

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2009 - 02:27 AM

Speaking of DJ guides, the Mana Khemia one isn't showing on their site so I can't search locally for it. Is it still at $20? I also tried to find a sku or product ID to look in a cached page but couldn't turn up anything with my googlefu.

Mana Khemia was pennied out on January 19th.
It was at $10 for a few weeks before that. If not longer.

edit: There are 3 more copies at my local store if anyone needs a hand.

6041.png

#51 ferant316

ferant316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2009 - 02:40 AM

Mana Khemia was pennied out on January 19th.
It was at $10 for a few weeks before that. If not longer.

edit: There are 3 more copies at my local store if anyone needs a hand.

Seriously? Saw multiple copies of that at my Gamestop as well.

Did anyone else not like how the shrink wrapping seems to bunch up the pages? Looked at like 6 and they all look shrink wrapped too tight or something.

#52 wizardofcoz4126

wizardofcoz4126

WRYYYYYY!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2009 - 07:50 AM

Thanks for the info OP. I bought one Friday.
Posted Image Posted Image

#53 eau

eau

KP-X 00-00-00-00-1

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2009 - 08:54 PM

Picked up the last copy at the local GS. Then canceled my $18.99 gold boxed copy at Amazon since they haven't shipped it :-\"

Just wonder if all recent DJ guides came factory shrinkwrapped? The wrap looks like a piss poor job but it did help preserve the guide against shelf wear.
"Woah! This pain feels so good! So good!" — Albedo / Xenosaga

#54 BlueScrote

BlueScrote

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2009 - 09:27 PM

Picked up the last copy at the local GS. Then canceled my $18.99 gold boxed copy at Amazon since they haven't shipped it :-\"

Just wonder if all recent DJ guides came factory shrinkwrapped? The wrap looks like a piss poor job but it did help preserve the guide against shelf wear.

Mine was not shrinkwrapped. It wasn't out on the shelf though, I had to ask for it. Still in perfect condition.

Haha, no wonder they gave me that spiel about the M rating... The guy probably thought I might've been around that age. :roll:

They IDed me too. Kinda surprised me because it was a guide. Also, they had trouble getting my edge card to take off the 10% guide. They said they thought that the discount only applied when you bought the game + guide together. They manually gave me the discount, but I still found it kinda weird.

On an unrelated note, I got carded for buying dayquil and nyquil. That was kind of ridiculous i thought.

#55 lassiterb

lassiterb

Master of Unlocking

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2009 - 11:16 PM

I would be all over this, but I fucking hate Double Jump guides. I purchased the Disgaea one on clearance around a year ago and was thrilled until the pages started falling out the first day I used it. Seriously, pages just come loose and fall out. And I am careful with my books/guides. I will never buy another one.

#56 eau

eau

KP-X 00-00-00-00-1

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2009 - 01:11 AM

Mine was not shrinkwrapped. It wasn't out on the shelf though, I had to ask for it. Still in perfect condition.

They IDed me too. Kinda surprised me because it was a guide. Also, they had trouble getting my edge card to take off the 10% guide. They said they thought that the discount only applied when you bought the game + guide together. They manually gave me the discount, but I still found it kinda weird.

On an unrelated note, I got carded for buying dayquil and nyquil. That was kind of ridiculous i thought.

I thought the edge card only takes 10% off on USED items. I wouldn't work on new guides, would it?

I only know they would take 10% off the guide when you buy the game too.
"Woah! This pain feels so good! So good!" — Albedo / Xenosaga

#57 Mugen Power

Mugen Power

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2009 - 01:33 AM

They didn't actually card me but still fed me the whole deal about M rating. If I wasn't dressed up for work, then I wouldn't be surprised if they carded me.

#58 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2009 - 02:13 AM

I thought the edge card only takes 10% off on USED items. I wouldn't work on new guides, would it?

I only know they would take 10% off the guide when you buy the game too.

if you buy a used game and new guide it will take 10% off

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#59 Josef

Josef

Touched the dead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2009 - 06:22 AM

if you buy a used game and new guide it will take 10% off

And it doesn't matter what game it is. Any used game with any guide will also be 10% off the guide.

#60 Grinchy

Grinchy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2009 - 10:20 AM

I'm kinda tempted to get this, but I really dislike Gamestop as a business.

I still haven't started P4 yet (bought it when it was the DOTD at amazon). Is this guide pretty necessary for getting a lot out of the game?