Modern Warfare 2- discussion

• Please log in to reply
507 replies to this topic

#481 SnorE

SnorE

ZzZzZzZzZzZz

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2010 - 01:01 AM

anyone lookin to throw down tonight let me know add me zSnorEz i should be on later tonight 1130est time or so unless i decide to go back to the bar
Posted Image

#482 idkblah00

idkblah00

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2010 - 08:34 PM

does anyone know how to do the click click boom challenge?

#483 evilw0n

evilw0n

Deals & Games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2010 - 09:41 PM

does anyone know how to do the click click boom challenge?

Click Click Boom - Kill an enemy with C4 while you are in Last Stand.

#484 idkblah00

idkblah00

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2010 - 10:22 PM

Click Click Boom - Kill an enemy with C4 while you are in Last Stand.

when i'm in last i cant throw the c4 or detonate a c4 that i have thrown already

#485 LordKefka06

LordKefka06

Follow The Reaper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2010 - 10:41 PM

You gotta get Last Stand Pro.

#486 Thekrakrabbit

Thekrakrabbit

Is Making A Comeback!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2010 - 11:13 PM

The PS3 patch (the new one) was supposed to come out last night (for North American folks). I wonder what happened to it? It was supposed to be a night launch for the new CPG patch, but it never came out in NA. It came out in Europe, but not in NA for some reason.

Can't seem to find an answer to where it went? I guess just check around and hope it comes out tonight...

Check out @RealKrakrabbit - Twitter Page Full of News, Tidbits, etc., etc.

Also looking to make trades/sells to anyone who is interested. Check out my tradelist! :grouphug:

#487 Thekrakrabbit

Thekrakrabbit

Is Making A Comeback!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2010 - 01:57 AM

PS3 update is now up in North America! I am downloading it now; hopefully the game doesn't implode.

Check out @RealKrakrabbit - Twitter Page Full of News, Tidbits, etc., etc.

Also looking to make trades/sells to anyone who is interested. Check out my tradelist! :grouphug:

#488 MacDaddyX12

MacDaddyX12

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2010 - 03:58 AM

didn't implode for me, but from what i hear, the patch was pretty much dedicated to fixing the infinite care package/emergency airdrop glitch

#489 Mad39er

Mad39er

Posted 19 February 2010 - 06:46 PM

You gotta get Last Stand Pro.

Final Stand works just as well, I've done it :lol:
Gran Turismo 5 B-Spec Primer - Now with colors!
"When I started racing my father told me, ‘Cristiano, nobody has three balls but some people have two very good ones'." – Cristiano Da Matta

"Any drunk can fall off a bar stool. It takes a real man to ride it all the way to the ground."

Referal for Dusk 514:

#490 blitz6speed

blitz6speed

Broken 360 D-Pad...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2010 - 09:22 PM

Played for 5.5 hours last night online with my cousins. The first few hours was nothing but glitchers!!! And not care package glitch, we only had 1 match with those douchers, they were mostly in god mode or something, because i would shoot an entire clip of a FAMAS in them, and they wouldn't die. One guy literally turned around mid shots and stabbed me.

Whats worse, is when these guys who wouldnt die would be camped at all 3 spots on the map for domination and we couldnt get in anywhere. Also, they basically killed us with 1 bullet every time. I watched their replays and they were running INSANE fast, then they knew EXACTLY where i would pop out of (likely had uav on the entire game) and would sit there aiming till i came out, then boom, dead.

This crap is NOT fun. I dont want to get angry at IW, im sure other games are as broken as this, but they dont have 10+ million people playing it to find the crap that MW2 does, so a lot more crap happens in this game. The popularity is insane.

However, eventually we got into a few matches with normal players who weren't cheating at all. Man, it was incredibly fun!!!! We had some amazing matches, i got my 750 kills and blue tiger on the FAMAS, and was leveling up fast. Lots of intense last second moments (we were going to lose, 195/197, we only had b and they had a/c.. My cousins went to take a, i went by myself to take c, 4 of them were there camping at c, took all 4 out with my spas-12 shotgun and we ended up winning). Was incredible.

You deal with a lot of bull in this game, but there are also some amazing moments where everything clicks and its all worthwhile.

#491 evilw0n

evilw0n

Deals & Games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2010 - 04:21 PM

didn't implode for me, but from what i hear, the patch was pretty much dedicated to fixing the infinite care package/emergency airdrop glitch

Yes...it is (was) annoying when you have wave after wave of attach helicopters or AC130s only to see that the other team has (1) person with 8+ kills.

Hopefully that is finally fixed. When you have something this complex, there are bound to be one or two coding errors.....plus, checking for these stupid glitches....when you test, you can only test for what you can think of.

#492 option.iv

option.iv

Posted 20 February 2010 - 07:58 PM

I wish the perks in this game were a little more balanced. In ordinary games, everyone uses stopping power pro. It's pretty much a requirement. They can start firing after another guy who doesn't have stopping power and win the trade.

test.gif

#493 blitz6speed

blitz6speed

Broken 360 D-Pad...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2010 - 09:27 PM

I wish the perks in this game were a little more balanced. In ordinary games, everyone uses stopping power pro. It's pretty much a requirement. They can start firing after another guy who doesn't have stopping power and win the trade.

Ive used stopping power just a short while on my my first playthough with no prestige, and i havent used it since and im almost at level 50 2nd prestige.

Its true you usually lose if you get spotted first, but i try to not get spotted lol.

The past 2 days have been some of the worst games in MW2 for me. Glitchers, noob-tube teams (every single person using noob-tube + thumper + danger close), and the last 5 games i played, 4 of them errored out and got thrown back to the menu, and #5 ended up with me getting signed out of the PSN and then the game threw me back into the menu again.

Im not saying its gears of war 2 broken, because that is a league of its own, but this is getting pretty absurd now. I love the game, but there is only so much of this trash i can take. I might have to go get MAG if this doesnt get fixed.

#494 Mad39er

Mad39er

Posted 20 February 2010 - 10:15 PM

If you don't find a game you're liking, I'd suggest backing out. Objective based games offer the best mix of what you'd actually want out of TDM and the like. Mercenary TDM isn't half bad either. CTF, Demo and S&D offer great team dynamics and are just downright fun to play. Domination is a camp fest, especially on Ground Wars and you're going to have people that purely grind Domination that will utterly demolish you, your team and your poodle.

If you're finding that you're getting your ass handed to you by noob tubers, leave before it becomes a kill farm. If you're getting killed trading bullets, try being sneakier. MW2 caters to a wide variety of problem solving, once you figure out how to kill your opponent more times than they kill you, they start trying to figure out how to kill you better and it's an evolving beast that way. You're not going to get the results you want all the time because you will hit the brick wall that is known as the opposing team head on at least once in a match but being able to adapt to their tactics and overcome usually makes and breaks the game. Every tool you have against the enemy, they have against you, so find what makes you really suck and start returning the favor.
"When I started racing my father told me, ‘Cristiano, nobody has three balls but some people have two very good ones'." – Cristiano Da Matta

"Any drunk can fall off a bar stool. It takes a real man to ride it all the way to the ground."

Referal for Dusk 514:

#495 option.iv

option.iv

Posted 21 February 2010 - 06:18 AM

You can only be sneakier to an extent. It just gets beat out by camping, stopping power, and basic knowledge of the maps and enemy spawning. I find stopping power and slight of hand to be top tier perks because they can never be compromised, they either give the advantage, or at least level the playing field. They aren't trumped by anything like camping, another perk, or an attachment as many of the other perks are.

Things like FAMAS and stopping power are a testament to this. Pretty much one-two burst death.

test.gif

#496 Hostile

Hostile

Dark Evangel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2010 - 08:57 AM

Some guns don't need Stopping Power at all. Use them. UMP45 calls you.

#497 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2010 - 01:30 PM

There needs to be a penalty for backing out/quitting early. I can't tell you how many times I've been in a game where it was 3 v 6 or something similar. Perhaps a 5,000 - 10,000 XP penalty for any game you back out of? This would only apply to people who started the game, not those who joined mid-way.

g92sOMa.png4lNop7I.pngEwYfNFu.pngauyL8J9.pngszbgEtP.pngSoNL9s6.png

#498 Blackout

Blackout

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2010 - 07:24 PM

There needs to be a penalty for backing out/quitting early. I can't tell you how many times I've been in a game where it was 3 v 6 or something similar. Perhaps a 5,000 - 10,000 XP penalty for any game you back out of? This would only apply to people who started the game, not those who joined mid-way.

I dunno. I've had to leave quite a few games because asshats were playing Objective games like it was Team Deathmatch.

#499 FluxDF

FluxDF

"Grrr" face

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2010 - 06:12 AM

I'm looking for some help completing Wetworks on veteran if anyone wants to give me a hand sometime. Send me a PM. Thanks.

#500 SnorE

SnorE

ZzZzZzZzZzZz

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2010 - 06:07 PM

I was wondering if there was away that i can here the other people with headsets on my bluetooth instead of the tv?
Posted Image

#501 Mad39er

Mad39er

Posted 23 March 2010 - 06:18 PM

I was wondering if there was away that i can here the other people with headsets on my bluetooth instead of the tv?

Register a bluetooth headset, turn it on(mic will be live) and you'll hear them over the headset and not the TV.

All you have to do is go to Accessory Settings, Manage Bluetooth Devices and register a headset after putting it in pairing mode.

Referal for Dusk 514:

#502 SnorE

SnorE

ZzZzZzZzZzZz

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2010 - 07:22 PM

i will loook at that accessory setting cause i already have it paired up and everything cause i use it to talk its just that i hear it over my tv as opposed to the speaker in the bluetooth
Posted Image

#503 evilw0n

evilw0n

Deals & Games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2010 - 09:19 PM

there is a setting in there you need to change to receive voice through the headset...stupid how it defaults once you pair it up.

#504 LordKefka06

LordKefka06

Follow The Reaper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2010 - 11:00 PM

Good preview of the 3, brand new maps from the DLC.

http://www.cheapassg...&postcount=3243

#505 Mad39er

Mad39er

Posted 23 March 2010 - 11:26 PM

i will loook at that accessory setting cause i already have it paired up and everything cause i use it to talk its just that i hear it over my tv as opposed to the speaker in the bluetooth

You have to change the output to the bluetooth and not tv. You can also change between multiple headsets this way so you can have one charging, one ready to go and so on, all you have to do is change the input and output to the ones with the blue dot next to them.

Referal for Dusk 514:

#506 SnorE

SnorE

ZzZzZzZzZzZz

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2010 - 12:12 AM

i got it thanks
Posted Image

#507 xscorpionx

xscorpionx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2010 - 08:07 PM

Got a question... i tried researching on the web, but couldn't really find the answer that I was looking for.
If I download the map pack, can I copy it to a hard drive and install it in another xbox360? Will that other person be able to use the maps?
I read something about transfer of license, but that's not really what I want.

#508 Mad39er

Mad39er

Posted 31 March 2010 - 08:46 PM

Got a question... i tried researching on the web, but couldn't really find the answer that I was looking for.
If I download the map pack, can I copy it to a hard drive and install it in another xbox360? Will that other person be able to use the maps?
I read something about transfer of license, but that's not really what I want.

Try the XBox 360 Thread, you're on the PS3 side :)

Referal for Dusk 514: