Photo
- - - - -

Reduced Price Game Guides: Thread X(Ten)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2697 replies to this topic

#271 shelisheli

shelisheli

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2009 - 05:33 PM

there were a few at mine. if they penny tomorrow ill grab them and put them up for trade (fallout 3)

#272 loxthefox

loxthefox

Posted 03 May 2009 - 06:31 PM

btw, anything else disappear from the site?

Everything missing and/or limited is listed in the 2nd page.
http://www.points2sh...p?ref=loxthefox
$37.07 in points and counting!
JOIN POINTS2SHOP TODAY AND GET FREE STUFF FROM AMAZON!!!
GO ON, SPOIL YOURSELF ROTTEN!!!

#273 Brian9824

Brian9824

CAG-Obsessed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2009 - 06:37 PM

This will be intresting as I have a bestbuy with 30+ copies of the Fallout 3 CE guide. Unfortunately i'll be working and won't be able to go there until 7.

#274 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2009 - 06:57 PM

even if it doesnt show up on store locater it doesn't mean it is OOS

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

Looking for Danganronpa Anime Expo edition.  Please PM me if you have it for sale.

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#275 ZCG

ZCG

ZeldaCubeGamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2009 - 07:27 PM

even if it doesnt show up on store locater it doesn't mean it is OOS

& anything that shows up "in stock" may end up actually being out of stock :cry:

#276 GeorgeCostanza

GeorgeCostanza

Hangin Tough

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2009 - 09:49 PM

Dont we usually get advanced notice of a guide drop list before they drop?
Posted Image

#277 loxthefox

loxthefox

Posted 04 May 2009 - 12:14 AM

that's from a month ago, i'm talking about any other guides removed from the site this weekend that anybody has noticed that maybe a potential drop tomorrow or next month

The post on the 2nd page is one that I keep updated whenever something disappears on the site. I tried to get it on the 1st page when this topic was created, but by the time I noticed it, I was too late.
http://www.points2sh...p?ref=loxthefox
$37.07 in points and counting!
JOIN POINTS2SHOP TODAY AND GET FREE STUFF FROM AMAZON!!!
GO ON, SPOIL YOURSELF ROTTEN!!!

#278 sunnysky

sunnysky

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2009 - 12:35 AM

I actually had some luck today at a Half-Price books warehouse sale.
I found Bully scholarship edition for $2.
[URL="http://profile.mygamercard.net/Falso+Reality"][/URL]

#279 Dhuk

Dhuk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2009 - 01:06 AM

Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't a CAG'er give us the SKU a day or two during the last major drop? Is it for certian the guides that are not on the site will 1c drop?

#280 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2009 - 01:14 AM

Is it for certian the guides that are not on the site will 1c drop?

No, the guide could be gone on the site for months before there is a drop

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

Looking for Danganronpa Anime Expo edition.  Please PM me if you have it for sale.

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#281 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2009 - 02:33 AM

That useless OT ranting is gone. Poster that started it won't be posting for a little while.

Let's not have any more of it, shall we?

#282 xtreme_Zr2

xtreme_Zr2

Mr. Sonny Crockett

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2009 - 03:31 AM

Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't a CAG'er give us the SKU a day or two during the last major drop? Is it for certian the guides that are not on the site will 1c drop?

Vahn is often nice enough to provide us with a drop list, however for that drop you are referring to was the drop when many of us, including me were shut out from the guides. That list came out a couple of days early and instructed the managers it was priority to pull the guides, which really sucked cuz I am the only penny guide CAG in my area and the guide racks were overflowing before that drop.
The only thing for certain about guides being pulled from the website is there is a good possibility that it has/will be pennied.

Let's hope tomorrow that if there is a drop, these intercompany manager memos do not exist!

Currently playing:

GTA V

ME3MP 
Fire Emblem: Awakening

#283 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2009 - 03:55 AM

fuss can also give us info, if he's privvy to the info.

#284 neocisco

neocisco

I am Groot!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2009 - 04:00 AM

Much obliged, shrike.

Now playing (& watching):
:dvd:-Robot Chicken season 4

:dvd:-Blade Anime
My tradelist:http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=116943
35bb9lx.gif

#285 lamuh13

lamuh13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2009 - 04:29 AM

got
Valkyria Chronicle, Resistance 2 from GS.
Soul Calibur 4 (soft cover) from BB.

and went to other BB to grab Bioshock and Orange Box,
both rang up as penny but the assistance gave me the famous BS that two guide are not for sale and they were about to pull it out from the shelves to send it back to the manufacturer TODAY.
And then when I asked them I can't buy the guides even when I paid the full price, they said they will sell it for full price and tell the manufacturer that they sold it to a customer instead of returning it.
So I walked away with empty hand.

#286 eau

eau

KP-X 00-00-00-00-1

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2009 - 04:39 AM

got
Valkyria Chronicle, Resistance 2 from GS.
Soul Calibur 4 (soft cover) from BB.

and went to other BB to grab Bioshock and Orange Box,
both rang up as penny but the assistance gave me the famous BS that two guide are not for sale and they were about to pull it out from the shelves to send it back to the manufacturer TODAY.
And then when I asked them I can't buy the guides even when I paid the full price, they said they will sell it for full price and tell the manufacturer that they sold it to a customer instead of returning it.
So I walked away with empty hand.

Lucky you managed to find VC so late. The stores over here were too diligent pulling penny guides off the shelf.

Yeah. I had a similar experience at BB. Found Bioshock at BB in Tualatin, OR and when they rang it up, they ran around and finally said they couldn't sell it to me because they were supposed to send it back. So I walked out empty handed.
"Woah! This pain feels so good! So good!" — Albedo / Xenosaga

#287 reicaden

reicaden

Needs More Cowbell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2009 - 04:47 AM

fingers crossed, ill try and hit up my BB tomorrow, they had 1 Fallout3CE last i saw, but that was a bit ago
I have tried TONS of these websites, but this one delivers. <<<YOU WILL NOT REGRET THIS!>>> 63.00$ in my account and counting! :) Just make a Gmail email, and bam you are good to go.
Posted Image

#288 ferant316

ferant316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2009 - 04:49 AM

If anyone can check the MGS4 LE guide if there is indeed a drop tomorrow that would be awesome. Store a little over an hour away has 11 of them.

Will delete this tomorrow to clear up some clutter in the thread.

#289 lamuh13

lamuh13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2009 - 04:50 AM

fingers crossed, ill try and hit up my BB tomorrow, they had 1 Fallout3CE last i saw, but that was a bit ago

I tried it.
It rang up as full price, $35.
I don't know about the regular edition.

#290 DarkRider23

DarkRider23

hates hoarders

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2009 - 04:58 AM

I tried it.
It rang up as full price, $35.
I don't know about the regular edition.

Guides drop on the first Tuesday of the month for BB... You rang it up on a Monday.

#291 killa5k7

killa5k7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2009 - 05:08 AM

Going tom to check out this.

#292 muhsheesuh

muhsheesuh

Son I am disappoint

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2009 - 05:30 AM

Guides drop on the first Tuesday of the month for BB... You rang it up on a Monday.

Pretty sure it's on the first Monday of every month not Tuesday. Anyone else confirm this or want to save me a trip tomorrow?

#293 DarkRider23

DarkRider23

hates hoarders

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2009 - 05:32 AM

Pretty sure it's on the first Monday of every month not Tuesday. Anyone else confirm this or want to save me a trip tomorrow?

Damnit >_<. I meant Monday. I was looking at the date on my computer and failed to realize that it was past midnight when I posted. Yeah... I thought it was Monday night and the guides dropped tomorrow.

#294 subwayeatbig

subwayeatbig

Posted 04 May 2009 - 05:34 AM

I think there will be a drop because of the recent penny drop at Gamestop, since they usually penny out guides when its near the end of their life cycle.

#295 muhsheesuh

muhsheesuh

Son I am disappoint

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2009 - 05:35 AM

Damnit >_<. I meant Monday. I was looking at the date on my computer and failed to realize that it was past midnight when I posted. Yeah... I thought it was Monday night for some stupid reason.

Smileyface.jpg No problem :)
I'm gonna head out tomorrow to check out some guides. Anyone got a list of which ones to check out at BestBuy? I'll report back if you just tell me to scan which ones.

#296 lamuh13

lamuh13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2009 - 05:50 AM

Smileyface.jpg No problem :)
I'm gonna head out tomorrow to check out some guides. Anyone got a list of which ones to check out at BestBuy? I'll report back if you just tell me to scan which ones.

please, check Fallout3.
doesn't matter which edition.
thanx

#297 Brian9824

Brian9824

CAG-Obsessed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2009 - 11:19 AM

I'll check this thread during lunch if anyone can confirm any drops i'll hit up a bestbuy near my work and another on the way home.

#298 sunnysky

sunnysky

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2009 - 11:32 AM

With some pretty big name titles in there, I wonder (if there is a drop at BB) if they will treat this one like the last big drop. When almost all the stores removed their copies from shelves. That was a major crappy day.
[URL="http://profile.mygamercard.net/Falso+Reality"][/URL]

#299 iluvmywife

iluvmywife

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2009 - 12:30 PM

Vahn is often nice enough to provide us with a drop list, however for that drop you are referring to was the drop when many of us, including me were shut out from the guides. That list came out a couple of days early and instructed the managers it was priority to pull the guides, which really sucked cuz I am the only penny guide CAG in my area and the guide racks were overflowing before that drop.
The only thing for certain about guides being pulled from the website is there is a good possibility that it has/will be pennied.

Let's hope tomorrow that if there is a drop, these intercompany manager memos do not exist!

Same here, when the early list came out my local BB pulled all guides and have do so ever since. Don't know if the early list caused my gold mine to pull guides or not. The two may or may not be related.

Here is to hoping that BB will not pull guides when there is another drop!

#300 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2009 - 12:34 PM

I'd suggest at least checking the ones that dropped at GS last week, Fallout 3 CE, Fable 2 LE and Mirror's Edge CE. Of course, checking as many as possible would be a good idea, though those three for certain.