Photo
- - - - -

Reduced Price Game Guides: Thread X(Ten)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2697 replies to this topic

#31 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2009 - 04:37 PM

Nice to see a new thread. I just saw the end of the old one. Fitting time to close it, I think.

As always, IATCG, appreciate all the work on the thread.

#32 h3llbring3r

h3llbring3r

Mecha Cocksmas 2 all

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2009 - 05:03 PM

Thanks for everyone's hard work and let's hope for a big drop. Tagging thread to follow.

My Trade list:

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=173460
Going dark on the internet for two weeks during move.

#33 Roa

Roa

CAG Clone

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2009 - 05:31 PM

Thanks for all the hard work that was involved in the other thread. :)

Let's hope that there is a Best Buy drop next week.
Posted Image

#34 Doomstink

Doomstink

Posted 30 March 2009 - 06:43 PM

I don't think the BB drop is going to happen until next week. There probably will be a GS drop on Wednesday of Prima guides (Endwar, Star Wars: Force Unleashed, and maybe Fallout 3 CE). I'm crossing my fingers for the Fallout CE because the hope is if it pennies at GS this Wednesday, it'll penny at BB on Monday. I've already started keeping a list of all the potential drops for BB on Monday (it's just a list of guides that have been pennied at GS and not BB).

#35 Cheapass24

Cheapass24

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2009 - 08:21 PM

The following guides have been removed from the Best Buy web site:

Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
Halo 3
Haze
The Legend Of Spyro: Dawn Of The Dragon
Lego Batman
Lego Indiana Jones
Metal Gear Solid IV LE
Mysims Kingdom
Pokemon Diamond & Pearl Vol. 2: Pokedex
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Smash Bros. Brawl

If I missed any, PM me and let me know.

Can anyone confirm this?
Check out by band Four Nights Gone's new single Crash and Burn if you like any type of rock (Three Days Grace, Breaking Benjamin, Chevelle, Avenged Sevenfold etc)

www.fournightsgone.bandcamp.com

#36 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 30 March 2009 - 08:27 PM

You know whats sad? Looking at that list, I can picture what guides the three best buys around me have in stock that are on that list.

#37 dyeknom

dyeknom

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2009 - 08:27 PM

Metal Gear Solid LE was removed from their website last friday, but still rang up 29.99.

#38 ferant316

ferant316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2009 - 08:42 PM

The following guides have been removed from the Best Buy web site:

Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
Halo 3
Haze
The Legend Of Spyro: Dawn Of The Dragon
Lego Batman
Lego Indiana Jones
Metal Gear Solid IV LE
Mysims Kingdom
Pokemon Diamond & Pearl Vol. 2: Pokedex
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Smash Bros. Brawl

If I missed any, PM me and let me know.

None of those were on the site as of Thursday 3/26.

#39 loxthefox

loxthefox

Posted 30 March 2009 - 08:59 PM

I wasn't clear on my original post. The list was of guides that have been off the site for a while and COULD drop soon. They did not drop today, as far as I know.
http://www.points2sh...p?ref=loxthefox
$37.07 in points and counting!
JOIN POINTS2SHOP TODAY AND GET FREE STUFF FROM AMAZON!!!
GO ON, SPOIL YOURSELF ROTTEN!!!

#40 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 30 March 2009 - 09:30 PM

First time posting in one of these. I'm going to check out my local GS tomorrow to see if they have any guides for a penny. If I ask them when I get there, will they tell me which guides are for a penny?

Your best bet for guides from old drops would be to check out a few game crazys. About 3/4s of the ones I've stopped at when I've been a few hours from my house have all had a couple a piece from old drops still on the shelves. Gamestop on the other hand has not been kind to me.

#41 jgamezcua

jgamezcua

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2009 - 10:31 PM

thx iatcg

#42 Visc

Visc

That Weird Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2009 - 11:24 PM

doesn't Gamestop usually have drops two weeks in a row now? one for prima, one for brady? If so, with one last week, might there be one tomorrow too?

#43 Doomstink

Doomstink

Posted 31 March 2009 - 03:19 AM

doesn't Gamestop usually have drops two weeks in a row now? one for prima, one for brady? If so, with one last week, might there be one tomorrow too?

Not tomorrow, but maybe Wednesday. If I remember correctly the drop last week was on Wednesday, but yes, the only things that dropped last week were Brady so we're all expecting a Prima drop this week.

#44 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 31 March 2009 - 03:55 AM

:roll::roll:

OK, so far we've had a number of 'score' posts, a not so thinly veiled trade request and just a bunch of idle chit chat otherwise. I see my ginormous 'warnings' in the first post did shit, as usual.

People, the only reason I made a new thread was because the old one was bursting at the seams due to all of the same reasons we're already up to the end of page one of a thread JUST made this morning.

There's a trade thread for trade requests and a discussion thread for mindless jibber jabber about 'i got x and y and the clerk gave me a hard time at the umpteenth store i hit' and all of the rest of this.

I'm being nice this time, but if it keeps up, I'm gonna ask a mod to come in here n clean out the posts not pertaning to drops.

It didn't really take much to make the new thread, but we wouldn't need a new one if not for all of the crap mentioned above.

Thanks and SHADDAP ALREADY!! :lol:

CLIFF NOTES VERSION: Unless you have info on a drop, SHADDAP!!! That is all.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#45 Nirron

Nirron

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2009 - 03:57 AM

Since we're expecting a Prima drop potentially this Wednesday, figure I'd give people a link to the Prima guides listed on GameStop.com.

A lot of those obviously aren't going to drop (RE5, Halo Wars) but there are some great notables like:
FallOut 3 (soft and hardcover)
Prince of Persia (soft and hardcover)
Mirror's Edge
Elder Scrolls Oblivion GOTY Edition
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess ($14.99 white cover)
Dead Space
MGS4

THESE HAVE NOT DROPPED BUT ARE PRIMA GUIDES THAT ARE MONTHS OLD AND COULD DROP.

I added these to my Wish List so I can hit refresh on Wednesday morning and see which ones get removed. Here's to hoping some good 'uns drop.
Edit: And I don't want to clutter the thread uselessly. Say the word IATCG and this post shall disappear since it's just potential drops rather than actual drops.

#46 ferant316

ferant316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2009 - 04:41 AM

Actually, that IS quite useful and it's very similar to something I saw done with Target and their version of SKU's. I'm sure I can find a spot for that information in the first or possibly second post and I'll gladly update a SKU list and keep it under a spoiler tag so as not to clutter up the entire post with a giant list of them.

I couldn't get the locator to work myself, though if you wish to type up the full directions on how to do it, I'm sure some will definitely use it.

Let me know what didn't work about it and I'll try and track the problem down. I tried the three computers in my house and one at my school's library and it worked on all of them. I'd like to get it up and running to help everyone with the (presumed) drops at BB next week.

#47 boneless

boneless

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2009 - 11:15 PM

What? Good luck finding any penny guides at this time. Penny guides stay on gamestop shelves for less than 2 days. Going the day of the drop is your best bet, but even then it is very rare to get the managers to sell them to you.

I know this is in the wrong thread, but point me to it and next time I'll post there.

I just got back from a GS which has 3 VC, 10 Blue Dragon, and 4 Tales of Syphonia DotNW on the shelf. When I took one VC up, the manager looked over and said they couldn't sell it and threw it behind them and pulled the other VC copies only off the shelf. :bomb::bomb:

You guys think I should try and get the BD and ToS when the manager's not on duty? That could take some tricky planning, but they were on the rack this long already and still there when I left.

#48 Ubiiquitous

Ubiiquitous

I Can't Spell Ubiquitous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2009 - 11:37 PM

I know this is in the wrong thread, but point me to it and next time I'll post there.

I just got back from a GS which has 3 VC, 10 Blue Dragon, and 4 Tales of Syphonia DotNW on the shelf. When I took one VC up, the manager looked over and said they couldn't sell it and threw it behind them and pulled the other VC copies only off the shelf. :bomb::bomb:

You guys think I should try and get the BD and ToS when the manager's not on duty? That could take some tricky planning, but they were on the rack this long already and still there when I left.

Couldn't hurt, but they'll likely be gone when you go back in now that the manager is aware.

#49 dyeknom

dyeknom

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2009 - 11:39 PM

Couldn't hurt, but they'll likely be gone when you go back in now that the manager is aware.

So very true.

I have a question though, are you just taking guides up there by themselves? Or are you taking other stuff up there as well?

#50 boneless

boneless

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2009 - 12:17 AM

So very true.

I have a question though, are you just taking guides up there by themselves? Or are you taking other stuff up there as well?

I took the one guide by itself, so that's probably my first mistake. Although I stayed there after denied and they didn't seem to make an effort to clear the rack. I didn't tell them about BD and Tales.

#51 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 01 April 2009 - 02:19 AM

You asked for it and you got it. I mean, it's ONLY in posts #1 and 4 already(but apparently some folks can't f'n read before posting and see the links), but here's the link to the DISCUSSION THREAD AGAIN:bomb::bomb::bomb::

DISCUSSION THREAD(KEEP ALL NON DROP INFO CHIT CHAT HERE):

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=169252

I mean, I know it's just easier to go 'duhhhh I can't find the info so I'll post here', even though it's in ginormous YELLOW and RED lettering in the first post, but this is how threads get clogged QUICKLY.

I swear, I think some of ya's do this shit intentionally to see me 'wig out'.

Posted Image

#52 SirChadlyOC

SirChadlyOC

Leveling up builds character

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2009 - 02:52 AM

Just informing the masses that there were no drops on guides today at GameStop. On the 25th, Gears of War 2 did drop to $10, which means that if it's like Halo 3, it'll still be a long time until we see it get pennied out.

Also, word from corporate is that there should be lots of used price drops coming this week. There was nothing amazing today, but several 360 titles did drop by $3-5. I'd guess that this lowers the likelihood of guide drops for awhile, probably nothing until after the GameDay sale ends.

#53 camelking6969

camelking6969

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2009 - 03:11 AM

You asked for it and you got it. I mean, it's ONLY in posts #1 and 4 already(but apparently some folks can't f'n read before posting and see the links), but here's the link to the DISCUSSION THREAD AGAIN:bomb::bomb::bomb::

DISCUSSION THREAD(KEEP ALL NON DROP INFO CHIT CHAT HERE):

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=169252

I mean, I know it's just easier to go 'duhhhh I can't find the info so I'll post here', even though it's in ginormous YELLOW and RED lettering in the first post, but this is how threads get clogged QUICKLY.

I swear, I think some of ya's do this shit intentionally to see me 'wig out'.

no i believe there are lazy ignorant ass people.
[url=ign.com]

#54 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 01 April 2009 - 07:49 AM

no i believe there are lazy ignorant ass people.

There's that too, but I was trying to be SOMEWHAT nice, which is quite a switch for me. :lol:

Like I just said in the discussion thread, now that I posted a FAQ in the first post answering the main questions that are repeated ad nauseam in this thread once every couple of days, I have a feeling some are just going to be aholes and come in here and post them just for shits and giggles to waste space again.

Posted Image

#55 Geekquisitions

Geekquisitions

Evil Incarnate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2009 - 11:54 AM

Just informing the masses that there were no drops on guides today at GameStop. On the 25th, Gears of War 2 did drop to $10, which means that if it's like Halo 3, it'll still be a long time until we see it get pennied out.

Also, word from corporate is that there should be lots of used price drops coming this week. There was nothing amazing today, but several 360 titles did drop by $3-5. I'd guess that this lowers the likelihood of guide drops for awhile, probably nothing until after the GameDay sale ends.

Isn't the guide drop hypothesized to be today (Wednesday) not yesterday (Tuesday)?

ARE YOU GUYS EXCITED?

I'd be all over checking but I just got to my hotel room about half an hour ago after being up driving since this time yesterday. Goodnight, and good luck!
Posted ImagePosted Image

#56 carlcarlson

carlcarlson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2009 - 01:29 PM

Isn't the guide drop hypothesized to be today (Wednesday) not yesterday (Tuesday)?

ARE YOU GUYS EXCITED?

I'd be all over checking but I just got to my hotel room about half an hour ago after being up driving since this time yesterday. Goodnight, and good luck!

He posted that this morning (Wednesday).

MGS IV and Dead Space are no longer on the site, at least under that link provided above. Still, if the dude says there isn't a drop then I guess there isn't a drop.

#57 BarbblerElf

BarbblerElf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2009 - 01:37 PM

MGS IV and Dead Space are no longer on the site, at least under that link provided above. Still, if the dude says there isn't a drop then I guess there isn't a drop.

He posted that tuesday night and used past tense to say nothing dropped that day.Im on east coast and gamestop is still closed.

#58 Nirron

Nirron

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2009 - 02:09 PM

I have all the guides I'm interested in up on one window in Firefox, and I'm still able to pull up Dead Space and MGS4 (regular).

#59 thehoweller

thehoweller

IllegalCouponPrinter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2009 - 02:21 PM

Yeah,the guides I'm looking towards are still showing up on Best Buy's website...Today's penny drop is a bust...

Maybe it's a giant April Fools, and when we go in to our favorite Best Buy stores, all of the employees will be lined up. Then each will hand us a small stack of pennied guides and each one of them will say, "You can just have these for free"... If only...

Posted Image
For the Earthbound fans...Visit this SMAAASH ing link!
Posted Image

#60 Rave Child

Rave Child

Castanets!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2009 - 02:30 PM

Yeah,the guides I'm looking towards are still showing up on Best Buy's website...Today's penny drop is a bust...

Maybe it's a giant April Fools, and when we go in to our favorite Best Buy stores, all of the employees will be lined up. Then each will hand us a small stack of pennied guides and each one of them will say, "You can just have these for free"... If only...

I don't think anyone is expecting a Best Buy drop until Monday. Today is likely to be a Gamestop Prima guide drop.
My Guide Trade List

Follow me on Twitter!

I am looking for the following items and will pay good money for them:
Suikoden II jewel case and manual:hot::hot::hot::hot:

Posted Image