Photo
- - - - -

Contest (CAG Foreplay #61): Win DSi Swag

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
78 replies to this topic

Poll: Will you be buying a DSi? (125 member(s) have cast votes)

Will you be buying a DSi?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#61 skwak

skwak

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2009 - 10:26 PM

As stupid as this sounds, no GBA slot makes it a no buy for me.

#62 UltimoRey

UltimoRey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2009 - 11:09 PM

im not buying one YET. the only reason to "upgrade" is the dsiware games and i dont think thats worth it yet
Posted Image

#63 Killbreed

Killbreed

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2009 - 01:07 AM

Voted yes because I've been meaning to upgrade from my original DS. Never got a lite, so now's a perfect chance.

#64 Smallville123

Smallville123

CAGetmedown!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2009 - 04:58 AM

For me it does not make sense to upgrade
Insert clever line here......

#65 mrfreeziexp

mrfreeziexp

CAGiversary?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2009 - 06:04 AM

I voted no. At least for now, there's no reason for me to spend the extra money. I heard that they could introduce a virtual console for the DSi that sells Gameboy, GBC, and GBA games. If they release that in the US and make Pokemon Crystal available, I'll buy it.
:cold:

#66 Cao Cao

Cao Cao

Spoooooooky

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2009 - 06:09 PM

I voted yes, as eventually, barring the release of a successor, I will likely pick up a DSi to replace my original DS. And my view on the situation is that there isn't as much incentive for someone with a Lite to upgrade until the hybrid and DSi-exclusive carts come out, but someone with a "Phat" may have a bit more to consider, especially when considering the smaller things that the DSi is supposed to improve over the Lite (Slightly more "clicky" d-pad, hot-swapping, in-game brightness controls, on-screen battery indicator, slightly bigger stylus).

Edited by Cao Cao, 05 April 2009 - 06:34 PM.

#67 Huggernaut

Huggernaut

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2009 - 07:44 PM

Like a few of the other people who voted "yes" on the poll, I'm really waiting to see what the DSiware is like. If it turns out like Wiiware, and there are only a few games worth buying, I might just skip out on the DSi.

Or if any homebrew can run off the SD card slot, that'll help my purchase, too.

#68 nzbeans

nzbeans

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2009 - 03:21 AM

While the extra features are interesting, they're not enough to justify it's high price point in NZ (even after trading in my DS Lite).

#69 olster1

olster1

Posted 06 April 2009 - 11:18 AM

I voted non as I need multiple first part DSware games. Plus £150 (UK) :O no way my son

#70 Collectordragon

Collectordragon

Draconic-American

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2009 - 06:33 AM

No, at least for the time being. I don't really need a DSi at the moment and the loss of the GBA slot is a down grade in my opinion.

#71 yowanda

yowanda

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2009 - 06:46 PM

Its possible I might pick one up at sometime. My 5 year old _really_ wants a ds, so at some point I may giver her my old lite, and get me a new dsi. But I think the 2 colors are gross, and it this point, its not too big of a deal sharing the ds between the two of us. Time will tell.

#72 AkariK

AkariK

マスタースパーク

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2009 - 06:50 PM

Voted no because of the GBA slot. Gouging consumers to buy GBA games again as DLC is just really, really stupid.

#73 LiK

LiK

Internet Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2009 - 07:29 PM

no, too expensive. i'll only get one if both my DS Lites break.
63362.png
Blog | Twitter
"You lazy f*ck!" - Artie Lange to CheapyD on 8/31/09

#74 Catpeople

Catpeople

Posted 08 April 2009 - 04:48 AM

I plan on getting a DSi sometime in the next six months. Mainly because I like the new features and the L-shoulder button on my DS lite is broken, making me switch to a DS with a broken screen to upgrade in Henry Hatsworth.

#75 Zushi

Zushi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2009 - 01:14 PM

I voted no for now. I think I'll wait for a few good download games to come out before I bite the bullet.

#76 Jonman

Jonman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2009 - 09:04 PM

I've already bought 3 DS's. A Phat when that was released, a Lite for the missus when that was released, and a second Lite when the wife dropped her first one.

So there's going to have to be something earth-shatteringly amazing about the DSi for me to pay up a 4th time.

#77 SuxoR

SuxoR

What choice did I have?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2009 - 09:05 AM

I voted no because I do not have the money right now

I bought a DS at launch so I still have the old school model and need the upgrade...but I do wanna play some GBA games.

1xz7eo.gif

#78 thenexus6

thenexus6

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2009 - 12:07 PM

No because Nintendo have lost all credibility.

Blade_Runner_2-1.jpg

the-nexus6.png

PSN the-nexus6 | Xbox Live Ken the Wizard
https://twitter.com/saunderscowie

#79 Cursor

Cursor

Livin' a CAG paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2009 - 03:41 AM

I voted yes--I traded my DS Lite at Gamecrazy for $90 towards the $170 price of the DSi. I don't see Nintendo dropping prices (they haven't on the DS Lite, which I bought a couple of weeks before launch at a Target that broke street date. I figured it was $130 at launch and I used it for 22 months, so I got my money's worth out of it. Really I only paid the $40 differential between the DS lite's retail price, and the extra $40 toward the DSi's retail price for a total of $80+$8 tax. I saved the tax on the $90 trade in as where I live tax isn't charged on trade-ins.

Anyway, I have had it for ~2 weeks now and am really enjoying it. The bigger screen makes a big difference. I like that the firmware is upgradable. Let's hope that they can come up with a way to use the new wireless system on old DS games.

Edited by Cursor, 27 April 2009 - 06:23 AM.