Xbox 360 Firmware Update Eliminates Error Messages

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[img-l=5198]6049[/img-l]April Fools! Today, Microsoft announced details on their latest Xbox 360 firmware update which should put an end to the myriad of error messages users have been experiencing since the system's launch. Richard Hertz, Mcrosoft's Entertainment and Devices Division PR Director explains:

"After spending billions of dollars repairing malfunctioning Xbox 360s, we've finally found a common link. Every malfunction has an accompanying error message such as flashing red lights, an E74 or other on-screen indication. After this firmware update, these error messages will be a thing of the past."

Hertz went on to explain, "These error messages made it far too easy for the public to classify the Xbox 360's many hardware deficiencies. While this update will not actually prevent any malfunctions, removing all forms of error messages makes organizing complaints much more difficult. One of our earlier, yet now scrapped plans was to replace all error messages with a delightful Master Chief screen-saver. However, our PR department predicted this could cause the creation of a "Master Chief of Doom" or similar meme which is exactly what this update is designed to defeat."

Last edited by a moderator:
Good one. Sadly that's actually the concept behind some of their "fixes". Remember the replacement power cords to cover the power supply failures on the old Xbox?

[quote name='Richard Longfellow']Good one. Sadly that's actually the concept behind some of their "fixes". Remember the replacement power cords to cover the power supply failures on the old Xbox?[/QUOTE]

Those replacement cords didn't fix the problem. They just tripped so your Xbox would lose power before burning your house down.

Microsoft actually spending time to help the consumer with problems on part of one of their products...This has to be one of the most laughable April fools ever...

lol Richard Hertz... aka Dick Hurts... I guess you've been getting good from Mrs. Cheapy eh? :)

Nice one cheapy!

[quote name='mykevermin']"Someone Seen Enjoying Nintendo Wii."[/quote]

I'm actually enjoying House of the Dead: Overkill. :oops:

Once I read the name Richard Hertz I knew no one would believe this. I didn't have to read any more after that. I just Pre-Ordered Alpine Legend.

Not as good as last year, Mr. D.

In fact, I hope nobody makes a big deal out of it, but the folks over at Jalopnik sort of copied the prank you pulled on us last year with "Jalopnik Gold."

[quote name='DesertEagleXIX']Thank goodness for Dick Hertz![/quote]

Dick Hertz has singled handedly saved MICROSOFT yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

bread's done
Back