Photo
- - - - -

Soul Calibur IV (360) $20 Shipped at Buy.com-GONE!

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#31 wampa8jedi

wampa8jedi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2009 - 05:22 PM

I'm surprised the price on this has held up so well... I'm personally waiting for a sub-$20 price.
[chipinsig]e944447abb96f9f0[/chipinsig]

#32 PJSkiboy

PJSkiboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2009 - 05:23 PM

I had to bite also, I just got the following this week alone.....

Soul Calibur = $20
Crackdown = $13
Banjoo Kazooie = $20
Blue Dragon = $13

Ugh, I have such a backlog.....I havent even gotten to play Nights for the Wii yet.....and I bought that months ago

Blue Dragon is $4.99 on clearance at Kmart for those that "might" not frequent that thread.

I missed out on SC IV for $20 as well. Suxorz

#33 gavincoolguy

gavincoolguy

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2009 - 05:33 PM

I picked SC IV a while back off amazon for about $20, the funny thing is that my wife who hates videogames couldn't put SC IV down, she even made me buy her a arcade stick. If this is your kind of game, its really worth it at any price :).

#34 k9homan

k9homan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2009 - 05:51 PM

I got the PS3 version at Target last week on clearance for $24 bucks in Vallejo CA. Dang, should have waited.... but I get Darth Vader right out of the box. He is a fun character to use but I get killed everytime I go online with him.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#35 reicaden

reicaden

Needs More Cowbell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2009 - 07:00 PM

I gues the new sealed copy i got at target wasnt a bad buy afterall :D
I have tried TONS of these websites, but this one delivers. <<<YOU WILL NOT REGRET THIS!>>> 63.00$ in my account and counting! :) Just make a Gmail email, and bam you are good to go.
Posted Image

#36 eau

eau

KP-X 00-00-00-00-1

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2009 - 07:20 PM

Damnit. Missed the target clearance and now missed this again.
"Woah! This pain feels so good! So good!" — Albedo / Xenosaga

#37 binbuy

binbuy

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2009 - 09:00 PM

I just bought it and it already shipped but I don't know if I want it. If anyone wants it for 20 + shipping you can have mine.

#38 Simmeltron

Simmeltron

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2009 - 09:57 PM

this is why i went with a 360, i mean it's all pretty much the same games so the only difference is a blu-ray player but geez who wants to spend 30 bucks for a damn blu-ray movie LOL!

To each his own... I own both 360 and PS3 actually (and Wii) so I have no limitations.... and besides.. you're a SUCKER if you pay 30 bucks for a blu-ray!! Let's see.... Iron Man blu ray (AMAZING) - paid $15. Dark Knight blu ray (AMMMAAAAAZING) - paid $21. Transformers blu ray (GOOSEBUMPS) - paid $16. If you're still knocking blu ray then you haven't watched one of these movies on a big screen in 1080p with uncompressed surround sound..... and if you have :applause::applause::applause::applause::applause: Case closed.

#39 Mysterio

Mysterio

Death to hoarders!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2009 - 10:05 PM

you're a SUCKER if you pay 30 bucks for a blu-ray!! Let's see.... Iron Man blu ray (AMAZING) - paid $15. Dark Knight blu ray (AMMMAAAAAZING) - paid $21. Transformers blu ray (GOOSEBUMPS) - paid $16. If you're still knocking blu ray then you haven't watched one of these movies on a big screen in 1080p with uncompressed surround sound..... and if you have :applause::applause::applause::applause::applause: Case closed.

Agreed. The argument that BRs cost too much compared to DVDs no longer holds water. And what a lot of people fail to remember is that it's both a video and audio upgrade from BR to DVD. Sure, DVD players that can upscale provide better PQ than those that can't, but BR is still better. Uncompressed audio sounds much better than DD 5.1 or DTS and, because of its size, you'll never find it on DVDs. Still, you'll only be able to enjoy the benefits of BR if you have the proper video and/or audio equipment to utilize them. :)

Now, back on topic...

#40 Simmeltron

Simmeltron

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2009 - 11:30 PM

Now, back on topic...

Right right I forgot to mention in my previous post that I was about to bite on this but bugger it is sold out! Ah well... i have a sizeable backlog to work through anyways.... (Great supporting post too Mysterio) :)

#41 SimaYi

SimaYi

Ready 4 BlackFriday!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2009 - 12:38 AM

Fuck I was going to jump on it fo this price finally, going to have to check at Target tomorrow.

#42 tinman_licks

tinman_licks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2009 - 01:35 AM

great price. is there a difference between PS3 version and 360 version?

#43 SirSavesALot

SirSavesALot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2009 - 01:50 AM

I purchased one, although I am unsure whether or not I want it, it was like one of those, hey i have no self control and am going to buy this. If anyone is interested it will be on my tradelist.

#44 Mospeada_21

Mospeada_21

Zombie Hunter \\*//

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2009 - 01:20 AM

Awe, front page needs to be updated as well.

I have a gut feeling this will be a universal price drop very soon. So if you've missed the Target clearance, [edit: Radio Shack clearance] Amazon sale, Buy.com; no worries..... :D

Edited by Mospeada_21, 10 April 2009 - 09:23 PM.

Now Playing in HD, Progressive Scan, Widescreen, 5.1 DPLII & Dolby Digital, and online or LAN whenever possible.

#45 hypertails02

hypertails02

Wait for it...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2009 - 06:58 AM

great price. is there a difference between PS3 version and 360 version?

I've never personally played the PS3 version, but each console has an "exclusive" Star Wars character - Yoda for Xbox360 and Darth Vader for PS3. From the reviews I've remembered, there's no significant difference unless you're picky on Online play.

Btw..."exclusive" is in quotes because months after release they decided to offer the other character as DLC for $5. So for $25, I'd say it's a pretty good value if you loved Soul Calibur III.

fs_xbox.png fs_pc.png