How does REDBOX work and how safe is it

slidecage

CAGiversary!
Feedback
106 (100%)
With 2 more local video stores shutting down and netflix loves to throttle me i was thinking going to try this but how does it work..

how safe is it (anyone ever get charged for a so called lost dvd)

thanks for any and all help

[quote name='slidecage']With 2 more local video stores shutting down and netflix loves to throttle me i was thinking going to try this but how does it work..

thanks for any and all help[/quote]

Given your past difficulties, don't go down this path.

Besides, you're going to spend $1 per DVD per day. Since you might plow through 6 or 7 DVDs a week, it wouldn't be any cheaper.

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']Given your past difficulties, don't go down this path.

Besides, you're going to spend $1 per DVD per day. Since you might plow through 6 or 7 DVDs a week, it wouldn't be any cheaper.[/QUOTE]

haha not slidecage-proof

Rent a DVD for 1/day, swipe card and enter zip and enter email. You get emailed the trasaction when you rent.

If you don't return it, or lose it, the machine adds $1/day till it is returned or the days hit 25, then it's yours to keep, never to return, even if you lost it.

You can rent from one box and go to another to return I think... and you can view inventories online.

for just a buck, it's easier to get new releases than waiting for netflix, but only worth it if you can use freebie codes or return the next night.

Netflix is still probably cheaper for most.

My experience has been good. Rent a movie, watch it and take it back the next day for 1$. You can reserve them online and go pick it up later if you want. Just keep an eye out for the credit card add ons that people try to put up to steal your CC info, but it's no more risky than swiping your card at a gas pump.

There is an oompa loompa inside that does all the work. Depending on the kind of day he/she/it is having, you might not get your credit card back.

I have not had any problems yet. The return anywhere feature comes in pretty handy too as I can rent when I am at work and return it closer to home when I am done.

No problems here. You swipe your credit card when you rent a movie, and it charges $1 per day until you return it. You can return it to any redbox too. Also, you can check availability and reserve a movie online if you want.

[quote name='slidecage']With 2 more local video stores shutting down and netflix loves to throttle me i was thinking going to try this but how does it work..

thanks for any and all help[/quote]

You're thinking of using RedBox?

Don't do it...

file.php

im just mostly worried about they saying the DVD was never returned..

Right now using coupons i can rent New dvds for 1.49 each.....at the last standing video store.

[quote name='slidecage']im just mostly worried about they saying the DVD was never returned..

Right now using coupons i can rent New dvds for 1.49 each.....at the last standing video store.[/QUOTE]

DVDs have a barcode inner ring, you insert it like a cartridge when it's in the case, do it the right way and it'll scan in. 100% error proof. It'll even tell you, thanks for the return when it does scan properly. I think it will eject if it can't scan and tell you to do it the right way.

As long as the barcodes (3 identical ones) are fine... at least 1 of them, then it should scan and should be recieved fine.

Knowing his luck, he'll spill something, rub the barcodes off and then go into a shit fit because the machine won't take his back...

I've had absolutely no problems - you should get an email within ten minutes of returning the DVD saying that it's been accepted (since mine go to my phone, I've gotten them as soon as I walk to the car).

Free coupons every Monday (one night rental), you can queue up rentals via the Redbox site, and you can return it to any location. I love it.

[quote name='xycury']haha not slidecage-proof

Rent a DVD for 1/day, swipe card and enter zip and enter email. You get emailed the trasaction when you rent.

If you don't return it, or lose it, the machine adds $1/day till it is returned or the days hit 25, then it's yours to keep, never to return, even if you lost it.

You can rent from one box and go to another to return I think... and you can view inventories online.

for just a buck, it's easier to get new releases than waiting for netflix, but only worth it if you can use freebie codes or return the next night.

Netflix is still probably cheaper for most.[/QUOTE]

Netflix really isn't all that better. Sure they give you the option to stream movies to your 360, but their collection isn't that big. For the movies I would order by mail I averaged about 1 movie per week and around 5 per month.

Not worth it at all. Wish they wait time was faster.

[quote name='1Sail0r']Netflix really isn't all that better. Sure they give you the option to stream movies to your 360, but their collection isn't that big. For the movies I would order by mail I averaged about 1 movie per week and around 5 per month.

Not worth it at all. Wish they wait time was faster.[/QUOTE]

problem i had with netflix in the past is they would send me new releases the first month i open up my membership.. by the 4rd month every movie jumped to VERY LONG WAIT

First month i got like 22 movies
2nd month i got like 14 to 16 movies
3rd month i got like 5 or 6 new releases and 4 junk movies
4th month i only got like 8 movies shipped the entire month

this was 3 at a time plan... they offered me 50% off my next month but told me that the lack of movies shipping would keep up cause i only wanted new release movies (anything that came out in the past 3 months)

with the rent 1 get 1 free coupons i have i can rent

12 new releaes for 18 per month or 10 new releases + 6 older movies for 18

i might just keep going this way

seems redbox does not even get every new release... they did not even get half of the horror fest 09 movies (they only carried 3 locally)

[quote name='JolietJake']There is an oompa loompa inside that does all the work. Depending on the kind of day he/she/it is having, you might not get your credit card back.[/quote]

The Oompa Loompas are in the middle of union warfare with The Lollipop Guild. I hear it's getting pretty ugly.

[quote name='slidecage']can you use one of those prepaid credit cards?[/quote]

I don't know for sure, but I'd assume no.

What would stop someone from using a pp cc with a $1.01 balance from just keeping the rental?

[quote name='manthing']I don't know for sure, but I'd assume no.

What would stop someone from using a pp cc with a $1.01 balance from just keeping the rental?[/QUOTE]

agreed, you have to put in a zip code, I'm sure the redbox would deny that card.

[quote name='slidecage']problem i had with netflix in the past is they would send me new releases the first month i open up my membership.. by the 4rd month every movie jumped to VERY LONG WAIT

First month i got like 22 movies
2nd month i got like 14 to 16 movies
3rd month i got like 5 or 6 new releases and 4 junk movies
4th month i only got like 8 movies shipped the entire month

this was 3 at a time plan... they offered me 50% off my next month but told me that the lack of movies shipping would keep up cause i only wanted new release movies (anything that came out in the past 3 months)

with the rent 1 get 1 free coupons i have i can rent

12 new releaes for 18 per month or 10 new releases + 6 older movies for 18

i might just keep going this way

seems redbox does not even get every new release... they did not even get half of the horror fest 09 movies (they only carried 3 locally)[/quote]

and you think with Redbox all the "new releases" won't be gone by the time you go and try to rent one?

Yes, it's a crappy way of Netflix handling new releases but they want to hook in "new customers" so that's why they prioritize new customers when sending them new releases.

I don't have a problem ever getting a DVD.. I have at least 10-15 movies on Long Wait that have been like that for a week, but guess what.. my queue is like 100 movies deep.. that's why I don't understand someone's comment that Netflix doesn't have a very good cataloge. I've still yet to find a place with the amount of independent and foreign DVDs that Netflix offers.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']For a $1 rental? ffs slidecage[/quote]

And he wonders why he's always having problems in life.

[quote name='JolietJake']There is an oompa loompa inside that does all the work. Depending on the kind of day he/she/it is having, you might not get your credit card back.[/quote]
LMAO!!!!! :applause:

[quote name='Dead of Knight']For a $1 rental? ffs slidecage[/QUOTE]

well i was going to put like 20 or 30 on it.... guess i just keep to coupons and paying 1.50 per rental.

i think i can get delmar (local video store) 7 day rentals (movies 3 weeks or older) for 1.50 each as well using the buy 1 get 1

bread's done
Back