Photo
- - - - -

CAGcast #156: Buddy, Can You Spare a Fish Sandwich?

• Please log in to reply
173 replies to this topic

#91 Thwip

Thwip

Posted 08 April 2009 - 05:31 AM

Why is it that anytime someone screams racist, and someone just says that they want to move on to stop a massive flame war, that person is deemed a racist too? Oh, it must be because some people are ignorant and believe that an apology is owed to them because the word "black" was used.

The thing is, I never deemed you a racist. You just assumed that all on your own. All I meant was that the audience for the show doesn't want to think about those issues. To be fair I was only calling you juvenile, not racist.

Your assumption may be a bit telling though.

#92 Regian

Regian

LevelUpNews.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2009 - 05:33 AM

Great show as always, guys.

First, I think it goes mentioning how much of a steal Namco Virtual Arcade is from the GameDays sale going on. Now, $15 gets you the entire compilation that also includes all(?) of the stuff they released on XBLA. That includes the mentioned Pac-Man: CE, which is $10 (800 MS Points) through Marketplace. So for an extra $5, not only do you get Pac-Man: CE, you get the awesome Galaga Legions and Mr. Driller Online along with a metric assload of classic games. It's an incredible deal.

Secondly, I decided to pick up Dark Sector after work tonight for $10 at GS, sealed. Figured it would be worth it just to see what it's like. Thanks for the recommendation, Cheapy!

As for CAGcast Live, perhaps the next one could be when you both attend E3 this year? Since you'll both be in the same area for the event, would it be easier for you guys to pull off a live show there? Granted, I could understand that you guys could be drained after a day walking the floor there and such. Just thought I would drop that and see what you guys thought.

Keep up the good work, fellas!
Posted Image

Posted Image

The Late Shift:
I have a radio show. A real radio show. Listen, won't you?
Mondays from 10PM to Midnight CST at WVLP.org!
Click here for the show's Facebook page!

[chipinsig]e944447abb96f9f0[/chipinsig]

#93 DietCokeJunkey

DietCokeJunkey

Posted 08 April 2009 - 06:43 AM

Reggie's first comment basically says that the game is so great that they want to keep it forever, but he then goes on to say that theres no market for used games or other used goods.

No market for used books? That guy definitely never went to college. Most students who need to buy books for class do whatever they can to get the cheapest books possible, even if they're used.

DarkZion9.png card.png

Yeah jay remedy was really the heart and soul of this thread.

story isn't outstanding.. but the fact you can rub a girl and make them naked? and hear them moaning ?

total worth my money

#94 Darknyss

Darknyss

Trophies 4TW!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2009 - 11:42 AM

Dang Cheapy, I was hoping you would tell us how to get in E3 but you stopped once you heard the guy was only 15. I'd love to go, but I'm not flying all the way out to L.A. to get denied at the door!

#95 Gentlegamer

Gentlegamer

Posted 08 April 2009 - 11:57 AM

I've been hit up for money by a man inside a Burger King in downtown Houston.

He was black.

Edited by Gentlegamer, 09 April 2009 - 12:19 PM.

Posted Image

#96 ghostofdavid

ghostofdavid

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2009 - 01:16 PM

1. Dark Sector sucks.
2. Fish sandwiches from anywhere suck.
3. Updates are good even if they take a long time to install.
4. Penny Arcade Episode One is awesome and worth 10 bucks.
5. Wombat, don't be so reactionary to Cheapy D. You are your own man... I think. Also, dump the Mac. No self-respecting gamer owns one. HAHAHAHA!

#97 LiK

LiK

Internet Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2009 - 02:31 PM

Dark Sector is great.
63362.png
Blog | Twitter
"You lazy f*ck!" - Artie Lange to CheapyD on 8/31/09

#98 sikshot80190

sikshot80190

Posted 08 April 2009 - 02:34 PM

hey i hear alot about the "Goozex". what is it and how does it work?

#99 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2009 - 02:36 PM

Wasn't that Cheapy's theory, I don't recall saying that?

Bollocks. I'm not going to listen to two hours again. But if you're right, you get to see me admit I put my foot in my mouth. That's worth the effort, right?

http://kotaku.com/52...-disc-all-along

Wombat was right, RE5 multiplayer is on the disc. Fuck you, Capcom.

This is shocking because why? The SFIV $20 costume DLC was an unlock key as well.
Posted Image

#100 sikshot80190

sikshot80190

Posted 08 April 2009 - 02:36 PM

i also want to enter the contest but you guyz never said how so please consider this as my entry ticket. CONTEST!!!!!

#101 Wombat

Wombat

CAGcast or nothin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2009 - 03:05 PM

Bollocks. I'm not going to listen to two hours again. But if you're right, you get to see me admit I put my foot in my mouth. That's worth the effort, right?

This is shocking because why? The SFIV $20 costume DLC was an unlock key as well.

it's the 1:28 mark and its all Cheapy, all I do is make fun of him for saying druthers and I call him a pedophile. In fact I disagree with him.

#102 Fallback

Fallback

Posted 08 April 2009 - 03:13 PM

yeah man.. Cheapy assuming she was black off the bat crossed the line. It made me cringe a bit. I am super disappointed and will probly no longer listen. I like wombat so I may...

Also just because he is married to a particular "minority" doesn't mean he cant be racist towards another group of people. (she's not a minority where she lives lol) What kind of logic is that. Geez...

Just because he had a racist moment (yeah I said it) doesnt mean he is a complete racist. Thanks and have a good day. :)

#103 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2009 - 03:14 PM

As someone who uses the word "druthers" on occasion, I resent that.

Shit. I hate being wrong, but unlike the rest of the internet, admit it. Regretfully.

It remains a woefully inept theory, but it's not YOUR woefully inept theory. That was my mistake.

It's Cheapy's woefully inept theory.
Posted Image

#104 Wombat

Wombat

CAGcast or nothin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2009 - 03:22 PM

As someone who uses the word "druthers" on occasion, I resent that.

Shit. I hate being wrong, but unlike the rest of the internet, admit it. Regretfully.

It remains a woefully inept theory, but it's not YOUR woefully inept theory. That was my mistake.

It's Cheapy's woefully inept theory.

We all make mistakes, thank you for thinking I'm a barritone

#105 oscargrouch

oscargrouch

Posted 08 April 2009 - 04:01 PM

As awkward as Wombat's fish sandwich story is, I might have one to top it. Once I went to Otakon in Baltimore, and a individual approached one of my friends asking for some money. My friend said sorry man, I blew all my cash at a strip club last night, I only have a nickle. The pan handler says with a straight face, "I'll get naked for a nickle!" Needless to say we didn't stick around.

So it could be worse Wombat, just roll with it...

#106 chililili

chililili

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2009 - 04:09 PM

Great show you guys, keep them up!

#107 Captain Freeze

Captain Freeze

Totally Party!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2009 - 04:47 PM

We all make mistakes, thank you for thinking I'm a barritone

i think, for the next episode, wombat should be cheapy and cheapy should do wombat.

voice impressions, life stories, game "theories" everything.

#108 islandfellow

islandfellow

Posted 08 April 2009 - 05:42 PM

Cheapy your question to Wombat asking him if the lady in the Wendy's line was an African American woman really rubbed me the wrong way. This is your show and you have the creative freedom to insinuate what like and make statements that add "color" to your commentary but as an African American listener I was offended. The economy is bad for everyone, and your statement was out right f*cked up. Wombat you did a very tackful job of not getting sucked into Cheapy's bullsh*t. I'm a fairly new listener to the CAGcast and I've enjoyed the past few episodes but after hearing that comment I had to turn off the podcast. I'm sorry but you all just lost a listener and Cheapy you lost my respect.

It seems to me that everyone just glossed over CheapD comments as humor. When it comes to racism, I'm thick skinned, I still don't see Resident evil as being racist, and people over reacting, But Cheapy's comment totally rubbed me the wrong way also.

It is great to see how these two has progress, and improved over time, and their insight and banter had me listening time and time again, but this may be my last time listening, or visiting the site. I wish you all well...
Posted Image

#109 Imallvol7

Imallvol7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2009 - 06:21 PM

Wow, this thread already has more posts in two days than the last CAG Podcast Thread had in 2 weeks. WEAK!!!

Enjoyed the podcast guys. Not having the cagcast for two weeks . . . I was lost. But not really, because Killzone 2 has taken all my free time.

I am addicted.
PSN --> Imallvol7
Xbox Live --> Imallvol

#110 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2009 - 06:48 PM

Wombat,
When are you going to get Valkyria Chronicles? Being an RPG fan (mainly Western in your case but still) and owning a PS3, the PS3 super fanboys on here might say "you're doing it wrong" not to own VC since it's $30 at Gamestop.

If you don't like it, you could flip it on EBay and still make a profit so I would definately say try it.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#111 Imallvol7

Imallvol7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2009 - 06:54 PM

Wombat,
When are you going to get Valkyria Chronicles? Being an RPG fan (mainly Western in your case but still) and owning a PS3, the PS3 super fanboys on here might say "you're doing it wrong" not to own VC since it's $30 at Gamestop.

If you don't like it, you could flip it on EBay and still make a profit so I would definately say try it.

VC sold out at gamestop :(
PSN --> Imallvol7
Xbox Live --> Imallvol

#112 KingHippp0

KingHippp0

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2009 - 07:03 PM

Cheapy is cool, and Wombat Rules. Now read my letter. Cheapy, you are being a little (reverse) racist with the Iron Fist thing. What about white guys who enjoys soba and sushi, is that so wrong? Are there not Japanese people who are obsessed with Westerns and American Music? I'm half Japanese, like your son. Does that mean that He and I are limited to only Half-Japanese activities?

#113 CZEN2

CZEN2

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2009 - 07:42 PM

It seems to me that everyone just glossed over CheapD comments as humor. When it comes to racism, I'm thick skinned, I still don't see Resident evil as being racist, and people over reacting, But Cheapy's comment totally rubbed me the wrong way also.

It is great to see how these two has progress, and improved over time, and their insight and banter had me listening time and time again, but this may be my last time listening, or visiting the site. I wish you all well...

Humor? I didn't see what he said as humorous at all it had no bearing on the story (there are all types of poor people). You see that Wombat didn't want any part of it because it was totally uncalled for. Now Im not the type to scream racism every time i hear something racially insensitive but what Cheapy said was totally f*cked up. Not just because she was black if she would have been Latino or Asian or something else there might not have been as much of an up roar but it still doesn't make it right. People need to check themselves before saying stuff like that.

#114 lifeinthefridge

lifeinthefridge

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2009 - 08:46 PM

Nice show, cheapy and wombat.

Thank god it was more about your personal lives rather then video games. Podcasts can get quite repetitive hearing the same news and discussions over and over
~ lifeinthefridge

#115 kidko

kidko

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2009 - 09:09 PM

Dude, you should try the Ninja Blade demo before you write it off as "meh". I thought it was pretty fun... even the QT event stuff was pretty epic
Posted Image

#116 evophile

evophile

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2009 - 09:49 PM

Cheapy is cool, and Wombat Rules. Now read my letter. Cheapy, you are being a little (reverse) racist with the Iron Fist thing. What about white guys who enjoys soba and sushi, is that so wrong? Are there not Japanese people who are obsessed with Westerns and American Music? I'm half Japanese, like your son. Does that mean that He and I are limited to only Half-Japanese activities?

I dont necessarily think Cheapy was being racist really regarding the Iron Fist thing. I think he just assumed it was another Western product based on Asian culture, but has had its main character turned into a white guy to better "appeal" to most Americans.

With Iron Fist this is not the case though, as anyone who has read the current great run that he comes from a long line of Iron Fists, who were all Chinese. (Although the last 2 were white ha ha)

evophile.pngevophile.png

#117 pinebarrens

pinebarrens

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2009 - 10:44 PM

I just gotta say that Dark Sector is average at best. Still not worth it at $12-15.

#118 dembesum

dembesum

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2009 - 10:53 PM

Cheapy, you are really over thinking the COD name being dropped for Modern Warfare 2. It's probably just so MW could be justified as it's own series, and not under the Call of Duty name tag.
Also, Call of Duty 5: Modern Warfare 2 just sounds a bit weird.

#119 KillingMachine

KillingMachine

CAGnificent!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2009 - 11:57 PM

Really liked the discussion about Dark Sector. Since this is Cheap Ass Gamer and all, I'd really like to see you do more of this sort of thing where you discuss an older game that people can pick up on the cheap. I can hear about the shiny new crap anywhere else.

#120 Blackout

Blackout

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2009 - 01:04 AM

Great show guys! I was worried when you guys started talking about Superman that we would get another lame half hour discussion about movies again, like you did with Indiana Jones. I know Wombat said everything you guys talk about is "gaming culture", but just because we play games doesn't mean we all want to get deep and dissect every scene from a movie. I guess it's just a minor gripe because I can just fast forward if I don't wanna hear it.

Prince of Persia is really boring Cheapy. That game was a chore to play. The combat was fucking terrible. Almost everything about that game sucked. I was super disappointed with it. I wrote a review on it in my blog if ya wanna check it out. (Hey, I gotta pimp that shit somehow :D)

I can go for weeks without playing games, but I'm always checking out the gaming sites and following the latest news. I go through occasional droughts where I don't feel like gaming at all. It happens.

Cheapy, I demand that you resign from the CAGcast and issue an apology for being such a racist bastard :D.

Wombat, I also have a weird hobo story. Last semester at school, I was eating at McDonalds before class. This Puerto Rican or Italian dude was going around to each table begging for money. The funny thing was, he had a weird ass kinda high pitched voice. He also seemed drunk. Every time someone said they didn't have money, he would say "I'm sorry, so sorry" like 3 or 4 times and then walk away. What was even weirder was that he asked the same people like 3 or 4 times for change, when he just asked them like 5 minutes before. He asked me twice within the span of maybe 10 minutes. It was pretty hilarious, because everyone was getting mad at him. One guy even yelled at him to Fuck off, and all the hobo said was "I'm sorry, so sorry".