Clive Barker's Jericho (360) $8.99+FS Buy.com

Mysterio

CAGiversary!
Clive Barker's Jericho for the 360 is on sale for $8.99 with free shipping on Buy.com.

204505473.jpg

id like to buy this for the achivements and sell my sealed PS3 version but its not really worth me spending $9 then hassling to sell it. But man $9 is tempting.

I'm tempted, but after checking the reviews it doesn't seem like this game is anything special. Thanks anyway, OP.

Game is actually pretty good I thought. Is a team based game so you have stupid/smart (depending) team members with you. You can swap to any during game(umm assuming the PC version is the same as the Console). Some characters can resurect any down teamate. Its sorta Like paranormal X-Men with guns. Game is a supernatural type, undead, paranormial team thingy. its a bit hard to describe. Each character has different skills (and weapons). it is adult in nature, with some mature in game talk.

Honeslty not to bad, not great, fun enough for $10, even when I have won the PC version.

Ooooh yeah I remember it after Clok's description. How creepy is it? Condemned 2 is too much for me, but like F.E.A.R./Resident Evil is fine.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Ooooh yeah I remember it after Clok's description. How creepy is it? Condemned 2 is too much for me, but like F.E.A.R./Resident Evil is fine.[/quote]

Lots of blood / gore and gooey imagery. But nothing scary.

Personally I really enjoyed this game. Gameplay is different than a typical shooter though. You can't just rush in guns blazing and hope to win, you'll get destroyed quickly. Best tactic I found was to use standard MMO dungeon tactics. Park your group and use a puller to pull the mobs to you.

Most of the reviewers didn't seem to grasp this concept, and really nailed the game for it saying that the squad AI sucked. As long as I told them exactly what to do I never had a problem.

This is definitely a fun game. The atmosphere is done extremely well and the game mechanics are great. The switching team members adds a lot of variety: each member of your squad carries 2 weapons and 1-2 supernatural powers (real good use of powers). I think there were 6-8 squad members. The major complaint I saw in reviews on this game was that the game spaces were not open enough. But, I would say that was unreasonable as the close quarters added to the claustropobia and sense of fear. Again, the atmosphere was great. The other complaint was your team's AI was not all that. They would sometimes run in guns blazing and get killed. They would attack enemies like crazy which isn't bad, just reckless at times. Squad control should be used to meter this. And the controls for that are easy. I would DEFINITELY recommend this game especially at this price.

Played the PS3 demo a LOOONG time ago and thought it was alright. Good way to increase my 360 backlog as well as some achievements. Thanks

[quote name='daminion']
Most of the reviewers didn't seem to grasp this concept, and really nailed the game for it saying that the squad AI sucked. As long as I told them exactly what to do I never had a problem.[/QUOTE]

I have not played this game so honestly I can't comment on it - but AI being artificial intelligence means that they should be able to act without you telling them exactly what to do. At 10 bucks though, it's worth a shot for me. : )

I had rented it once, was starting to get annoyed with the QTEs. They're too fast and random. Maybe I'll bite and try it again.

Damn all these sub-$10 games. What am I going to do with them all?

Anyways, thanks for the post OP. I am in for 1.

For 60 bucks, this game is terrible.

for 9 bucks, it's a freaking steal. It's way too easy (even on hard), is criminally short, and the ending will make you want to kill cute cuddly baby animals; but for that cheap that's all irrelevant and you'll have a blast.

Easy 1k as well.

I got it for $10 a while back (new). I finished it and couldn't stomach another play through for the achievements. It had potential but the team AI is bad, it's too short, the story doesn't really do it for me and the end sucked balls. A few of the team members are pretty useless as well.

Is it a bad sign when you are almost wishing to get laid off so you can have time to play all the $10 games that we've been seeing lately?

[quote name='RaidenMGS3'] ..the ending will make you want to kill cute cuddly baby animals..[/quote]

I wanted to mention this as well, but I'm glad someone beat me to it - and so colorfully too. :applause: Worst ending ever. Srsly. But I enjoyed the game up to that point when I picked it up for $30.

Out of curiosity, what was wrong with the ending? I somehow forgot about this deal so I guess I"ve skipped it by default :D

[quote name='Wolfpup']Out of curiosity, what was wrong with the ending? I somehow forgot about this deal so I guess I"ve skipped it by default :D[/quote]

No spoilers!!! No spoilers!!! Please!!!

bread's done
Back