Henry Hatsworth in the Puzzling Adventure USED - $19.99 Gamestop

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#31 redroversk

redroversk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2009 - 06:49 PM

I'm so interested, hopefully amazon will have this in the gb on 4/13 where I can actually buy it "new". Good find though, OP!

#32 guessed

guessed

Posted 10 April 2009 - 07:04 PM

Thanks OP, picked up a copy at my local GS. Paid $11.xx out the door! :D

Was that a typo? Explain, please.
Will 'watch Family Guy with you and explain the pop culture references you don't understand' for food.

#33 keithp

keithp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2009 - 07:20 PM

Was that a typo? Explain, please.

I had $9 or $10 on a gift card that I used at the same time.

My copy was almost immaculate. Thanks again, OP.

#34 guessed

guessed

Posted 10 April 2009 - 07:46 PM

I had $9 or $10 on a gift card that I used at the same time.

My copy was almost immaculate. Thanks again, OP.

Thanks for the clarification, I figured it was probably that or a typo. Gift card money still counts as payment, though.
Will 'watch Family Guy with you and explain the pop culture references you don't understand' for food.

#35 illennium

illennium

Systems Analyst

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2009 - 07:54 PM

Gift card money still counts as payment, though.

Yep, especially since many people seem to double-count them. For example:

"I paid $60 (retail) for a game, but I got a $10 gift card, so it's really like I paid $50."

"I then used my $10 gift card on a $30 game, so it's really like I paid $20."

Nope. One or the other, but not both.

#36 Gregalor

Gregalor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2009 - 09:00 PM

Yep, especially since many people seem to double-count them. For example:

"I paid $60 (retail) for a game, but I got a $10 gift card, so it's really like I paid $50."

"I then used my $10 gift card on a $30 game, so it's really like I paid $20."

Nope. One or the other, but not both.

???

They're both accurate statements if the gift cards were received as gifts. Who buys gift cards for themselves?

#37 cgarb84

cgarb84

KEAK HEEM IN DA BALLS!!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2009 - 09:09 PM

I am happy and a little sad about this. It's awesome that more people are experiencing the greatness that is Henry Hatsworth, but at the same time it takes a sale on the used copies for people to buy it. This doesn't help this games sales, it probably won't sell shit anyways though.
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#38 guessed

guessed

Posted 10 April 2009 - 09:18 PM

???

They're both accurate statements if the gift cards were received as gifts. Who buys gift cards for themselves?

I think you misunderstood the example. The first game cost $60, but came with a $10 gift card that he then used to purchase the $30 game. Total out of pocket $80, but some people rationalize at both ends, believing they are getting the $60 game effectively for $50 (since it comes with a $10 gc), and the $30 game effectively for $20 (since they are using a $10 gc).

And for the record, I used to buy gift cards for myself all the time, back in the good old BB Gamer Gift Card Coupon days.

#39 keithp

keithp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2009 - 10:48 PM

Thanks for the clarification, I figured it was probably that or a typo. Gift card money still counts as payment, though.

Not when I got it for free. ;)

Anyway, back to topic, I've played the first couple of levels, up to where I first fight with Weasley--what the heck am I supposed to do when he's in that flying ship? I can't kill the gears he's tossing at me, and I can't jump up and fire at him in the air.

#40 illennium

illennium

Systems Analyst

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2009 - 12:45 AM

I think you misunderstood the example. The first game cost $60, but came with a $10 gift card that he then used to purchase the $30 game. Total out of pocket $80, but some people rationalize at both ends, believing they are getting the $60 game effectively for $50 (since it comes with a $10 gc), and the $30 game effectively for $20 (since they are using a $10 gc).

Yep, the wording of my example could have been better. Thanks. :)