GoGamer Madness 4/7/09

Geez.....you know, it's weird. I've been a CAG for years now, and I've seen many GoGamer sales. Not once have I seen anything I really want in one of these sales. So odd. I always see a new "Madness" sale and get excited, and each time I am disappointed. *sigh*

[quote name='mike.m']How's Bangai-O on DS? I never played the DC version and the pricepoint seems low enough to bite.[/QUOTE]

In terms of how it plays, it's just like the Dreamcast version.

The big difference, is that there isn't really any story mode, and is instead 160 random levels. But the real draw, is the level editor. It's absolutely fantastic. You can make pretty much anything you saw in the original game, using this editor, and you can trade levels with friends, et cetera. It's fantastic.

[quote name='Ender']Geez.....you know, it's weird. I've been a CAG for years now, and I've seen many GoGamer sales. Not once have I seen anything I really want in one of these sales. So odd. I always see a new "Madness" sale and get excited, and each time I am disappointed. *sigh*[/quote]

:applause:Completely agree....waste of time!!:applause:

Waste of time? What games are you looking for? We've literally had thousands of titles on sale over the years. Not one has made you bite? Tell me..what type of games do you want to see on sale without us going broke?

Jason

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Re: FEAR2, Wanted, and Dawn of War II:

Never, ever, EVER buy PC games at launch.[/quote]

Meh, replace "PC games" with "pretty much any game" I paid $50 for FEAR 2 at launch, beat the campaign in 2 days, and haven't touched it since. It's the price you pay for being impatient or just wanting to play X game asap.

[quote name='Ender']Geez.....you know, it's weird. I've been a CAG for years now, and I've seen many GoGamer sales. Not once have I seen anything I really want in one of these sales. So odd. I always see a new "Madness" sale and get excited, and each time I am disappointed. *sigh*[/quote]

[quote name='linkmon']:applause:Completely agree....waste of time!!:applause:[/quote]

mmm although i haven't bought anything from their sales, i think they do seem to have good prices on pc games alot of the time.

Anyone have an opinion on the keyboard? I read some reviews on Amazon and they're mixed- some say good gaming keyboard, some say bad... any thoughts?

I just wish they had better shipping options for folks "outside the continental US". I can never buy stuff from these sales because of that...

Whats all the hate on Gogamer for? They have the best computer game sales ever. I've only been buying from them for 3-4 months but they have excellent service and some great prices on newer games and old games. My only problem with the site is there lackluster console game sales. If you guys don't like any of the games they put on sale then you don't like games at all.

[quote name='Xiemos']Meh, replace "PC games" with "pretty much any game" I paid $50 for FEAR 2 at launch, beat the campaign in 2 days, and haven't touched it since. It's the price you pay for being impatient or just wanting to play X game asap.[/quote]

in those cases though, if you dont mind the trouble of doing it, you can list said game on the bay and usually get back most of your money. I do this quite often. Pay $50, get back $42 etc...Console games are especially strong in reselling mostly due to the fact that they are stubborn price droppers. The big titles anyway.

If you beat games fast like that though, just resell it. Its incredible the amount of people that bid up auctions for recently released games to within a few dollars of their full MSRP.

same here.... :roll:

[quote name='RoboPhish']Dawn of War 2.... so cheap... so fast! *tear*
00.gif
00.gif
[/quote]

I know, and this is a title I still haven't gotten around to playing either; works out in my favor I suppose.

What's the quick consensus on Dawn of War II? I'm not a fan of RTSs, but that's mostly because I feel they all turn into a game of who builds the best base and the most units, and I've heard DoWII is much more like a Diablo RTS...

DoW2 has no base building. Instead you just have one single building you start with and pump out units to capture points around the map which provide resources automatically. With those resources, build more units and upgrade your single building.

It's pretty straightforward and focuses more on battles than base building. It's an alright game, but personally I wish I had waited for this price drop. The matchmaking is iffy and there is a lot to be patched. However, supposedly there is a patch in the works and GFWL certification is holding it up.

In regards to GoGamer overall though, I am not sure either regarding the negative comments. There are some pretty decent deals there. I would bite but the games I want I already own. Bangai-O is definitely worth $13, it's hard but I enjoy it. DoW2 is still a solid deal and more so when it's patched. Plenty of other decent deals there as well.

[quote name='GoGamer.com - Jason']Waste of time? What games are you looking for? We've literally had thousands of titles on sale over the years. Not one has made you bite? Tell me..what type of games do you want to see on sale without us going broke?

Jason[/quote]

There are legitimate complaints and then there are these.... Don't pay attention to the whiney complainers. You'll end up expending 90% of your effort on 10% (or less) of your customers.

I've picked up numerous titles from gogamer over the past few years on madness sales, and can safely say that if someone hasn't been able to find even ONE worthwhile title on madness sales, they really ought to expand their gaming horizons.

30 bucks for dow2 = win.

Why the hell would anyone hate on gogamer.. they have some amazing sales. It's not always on the best titles, but the prices are always cheap, the shipping's dirt cheap, customer service is great.. I go out of my way to check out the madness sales.. you never know what's going to be discounted!

[quote name='Masterkyo']I rarely see any good console or handle games on sale from this website. Tons of PC games deals... kinda unfair :)[/quote]

No actually we have had lots of good console deals. Again, what is it you are expecting? What is a good deal to you? Do you see HAWX for 360 anywhere else for lower?

Jason

[quote name='Scorch']Why the hell would anyone hate on gogamer.. they have some amazing sales. It's not always on the best titles, but the prices are always cheap, the shipping's dirt cheap, customer service is great.. I go out of my way to check out the madness sales.. you never know what's going to be discounted![/quote]

We appreciate the support, but let's no get into a flame war. I do listen to the public so if there is a concept of a great deal I always want to know. We are known more for our PC deals, but since last summer we have really stepped up our console game.

Jason

[quote name='GoGamer.com - Jason']Waste of time? What games are you looking for? We've literally had thousands of titles on sale over the years. Not one has made you bite? Tell me..what type of games do you want to see on sale without us going broke?

Jason[/quote]

console games....

Yeah, it seems that go gamer are their mainly for pc games. If you aren't a big pc gamer, gogamer doesn't offer a multitude of deals. Too bad too, because they are really good for pc games.

[quote name='Masterkyo']I rarely see any good console or handle games on sale from this website. Tons of PC games deals... kinda unfair :)[/quote]

Maybe you should get into pc gaming, lol. I think gogamer must constantly order pc games in more bulk than most stores. Hey, if that means cheaper pc games, thats great. This is one of those wierd instances where the natural elitism of pc gaming works in our favor.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='DirkBelig']Odd. I didn't get this email.[/QUOTE]

I didn't get one either.

I'm tempted to get Fear 2, but I gotta cut expenses! >.

I've never heard of GoGamer before, but they do have a nice deal here. Too bad my PC's crap, and I only own a PS3. PC deals are awesome, but yes, console deals could use a notch up. Unless there are more games listed not on this thread.

I understand the business pov (a little), but how about getting some big name console titles on there quickly? SF4, RE5, Killzone2, etc etc. I know gameroomdeals or whatever (on this forum as well) has some good and recent console deals, though they sell out too damn fast.

I cheer for you, GoGamer.com~ Even when I'm unlikely to buy old titles like Simpsons and Jericho. And to be brutally honest (pardon me here), I believe people would like to see more A+ titles, not "rated crap" like Jericho. Entirely Console POV, your PC deals rock.

[quote name='GoGamer.com - Jason']No actually we have had lots of good console deals. Again, what is it you are expecting? What is a good deal to you? Do you see HAWX for 360 anywhere else for lower?

Jason[/QUOTE]

You may have the current lowest price on HAWX right now (by a few cents), but the problem is at least 2 other stores (Amazon, Target) had it at about the same price and days earlier. So any CAG that was interested in HAWX at around $40 would have already gotten it from Amazon or Target. So I'd have to say your console deals are not necessarily bad (any deal is good), they're just not ground breaking or anything to get excited about. They're almost like "me too" deals. I agree with above comments that your PC game deals are very good, though.

[quote name='Ender']Geez.....you know, it's weird. I've been a CAG for years now, and I've seen many GoGamer sales. Not once have I seen anything I really want in one of these sales. So odd. I always see a new "Madness" sale and get excited, and each time I am disappointed. *sigh*[/QUOTE]

I'm the complete opposite, I've bought a ton of games over the years from gogamer. I've picked up a ton of games for $10 or less, and sometimes less than $5. Of course a lot of those were pc games, but I'm glad to still have a site to go to for good deals on pc games. I've also picked up quite a few console games from gogamer.

[quote name='ndjn3979']I understand the business pov (a little), but how about getting some big name console titles on there quickly? SF4, RE5, Killzone2, etc etc. I know gameroomdeals or whatever (on this forum as well) has some good and recent console deals, though they sell out too damn fast.
[/QUOTE]

Although I wouldn't object to any deals, I like that gogamer has sales on older games. I'd much rather pick up an older game for clearance style prices than see $10 off a brand new game. The industry is too focused on the new and shiny IMO, forgetting about great games once the publisher has refocused the marketing on the next latest and greatest game. When gogamer has a deal on RE5 or Killzone 2, everyone will be asking for a deal on whatever game happens to be the current flavor of the month.

As a PC Gamer, I'm always spending money with GoGamer. Nice variety and awesome prices. The thing I like about it most is that the games I wouldn't have been interested for full price suddenly become a great value at a heavy discount.

I can see how the console gamers might feel a little slighted as PC games tend to make up the bulk of Madness sales, but there are loads of places that cater mainly to console gamers. Let us have our fun! :D

[quote name='GoGamer.com - Jason']No actually we have had lots of good console deals. Again, what is it you are expecting? What is a good deal to you? Do you see HAWX for 360 anywhere else for lower?

Jason[/quote]

HAWX 360 is $39.97 at Amazon, free shipping, no tax. $38.99 at Fry's, no shipping required for me (B&M). It's $42.89 (shipping included) plus tax at GoGamer.

I'm not saying GoGamer needs to undersell Amazon across the board (suicide), but HAWX is heavily discounted recently - you might be better served by discounting some titles that aren't on promotion everywhere.

E.g., I haven't bought a lot from GoGamer, but one thing I did buy was EyeToy Kinetic. It's an older title, obviously, but it's hard to find, and especially hard to find new at a discount. It's these second-chance-at-an-oldie-but-goodie items that attract me to GoGamer sales.

How the hell can you rag on GoGamer? Dirt cheap prices ($20 for Stormise...the game has awful reviews, but it came out like a week ago), great customer support and tons of hard-to-find games.

I feel the same way...

I'm not saying I won't buy anything ever, it's just that it's mostly geared towards PC users and that isn't me. Kudos for keeping the sales up though. No real complaints here.

[quote name='stewie75']I'm not saying I won't buy anything ever, it's just that it's mostly geared towards PC users and that isn't me. Kudos for keeping the sales up though. No real complaints here.[/quote]

The problem is that many people in these threads that complain/note nothing is for them don't acknowledge that they must have little interest at all in PC gaming. But even then, saying that there has never been anything to like, console or PC, is a little over a top because they obviously haven't watched GoGamer that closely. . .

Nothing for me this week, but couple weeks ago I did buy Little Big Planet for $25. That was an excellent console deal.

Has anyone played Jericho for PS3? Newegg has it for around the same price, but GoGamer is still cheaper by a little. Might have to pick it up if it's any good.

[quote name='sanderdaniels81']There are legitimate complaints and then there are these.... Don't pay attention to the whiney complainers. You'll end up expending 90% of your effort on 10% (or less) of your customers.

I've picked up numerous titles from gogamer over the past few years on madness sales, and can safely say that if someone hasn't been able to find even ONE worthwhile title on madness sales, they really ought to expand their gaming horizons.

30 bucks for dow2 = win.[/quote]

Agreed. GoGamer has some nice sales, even for me (a non-PC gamer!). How 'bout Half-Life 1 (PC) for $5 shipped? Now I don't have to wonder what happened before my copy of OrangeBox on 360! :D

And Simpsons for $10??? You can't beat that! It's an excellent game, if there's anyone out there who has yet to try it!

Thanks, GoGamer! :applause:

[quote name='cupcakex1']Has anyone played Jericho for PS3? Newegg has it for around the same price, but GoGamer is still cheaper by a little. Might have to pick it up if it's any good.[/quote]
Saw the video review on gametrailers and they pretty much said it runs at unplayable framerates. Would avoid that one if I were you. BTW I'm more of a PC gamer myself and I've bought a ton of games from them in the past, no complaints here.

I like GoGamer and have bought from them plenty of times over the years. I can't wait for them to come out with another set of classic PC anthologies again for a madness sale (I missed the Space Quest one :bomb:).

Jason, if you want a hint at what this one gamer is going to be looking for in the next couple weeks, I will be looking for a good price on Tales of Valor. :bouncy:

Last edited by a moderator:
GoGamer I love your site, service, and sales. Lord knows I have bought way too from you in the past. Keep up the great work!

bread's done
Back