• Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

#31 silent h3ro

silent h3ro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2009 - 05:02 AM

Re: FEAR2, Wanted, and Dawn of War II:

Never, ever, EVER buy PC games at launch.

QFTMFT

#32 ddrlenz

ddrlenz

Jedi Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2009 - 05:05 AM

GoGamer.com is great. Nothing for me this week, but good deals anyways. Thanks Jason!
Check out my reviews of the best GPT and referral sites!
Total Freebie Site Earnings To Date: $4000.00+

Posted Image

#33 msdmoney

msdmoney

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2009 - 05:07 AM

Geez.....you know, it's weird. I've been a CAG for years now, and I've seen many GoGamer sales. Not once have I seen anything I really want in one of these sales. So odd. I always see a new "Madness" sale and get excited, and each time I am disappointed. *sigh*

I'm the complete opposite, I've bought a ton of games over the years from gogamer. I've picked up a ton of games for $10 or less, and sometimes less than $5. Of course a lot of those were pc games, but I'm glad to still have a site to go to for good deals on pc games. I've also picked up quite a few console games from gogamer.

I understand the business pov (a little), but how about getting some big name console titles on there quickly? SF4, RE5, Killzone2, etc etc. I know gameroomdeals or whatever (on this forum as well) has some good and recent console deals, though they sell out too damn fast.

Although I wouldn't object to any deals, I like that gogamer has sales on older games. I'd much rather pick up an older game for clearance style prices than see $10 off a brand new game. The industry is too focused on the new and shiny IMO, forgetting about great games once the publisher has refocused the marketing on the next latest and greatest game. When gogamer has a deal on RE5 or Killzone 2, everyone will be asking for a deal on whatever game happens to be the current flavor of the month.

#34 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2009 - 05:08 AM

As a PC Gamer, I'm always spending money with GoGamer. Nice variety and awesome prices. The thing I like about it most is that the games I wouldn't have been interested for full price suddenly become a great value at a heavy discount.

I can see how the console gamers might feel a little slighted as PC games tend to make up the bulk of Madness sales, but there are loads of places that cater mainly to console gamers. Let us have our fun! :D

#35 gantt

gantt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2009 - 05:10 AM

No actually we have had lots of good console deals. Again, what is it you are expecting? What is a good deal to you? Do you see HAWX for 360 anywhere else for lower?

Jason

HAWX 360 is $39.97 at Amazon, free shipping, no tax. $38.99 at Fry's, no shipping required for me (B&M). It's $42.89 (shipping included) plus tax at GoGamer.

I'm not saying GoGamer needs to undersell Amazon across the board (suicide), but HAWX is heavily discounted recently - you might be better served by discounting some titles that aren't on promotion everywhere.

E.g., I haven't bought a lot from GoGamer, but one thing I did buy was EyeToy Kinetic. It's an older title, obviously, but it's hard to find, and especially hard to find new at a discount. It's these second-chance-at-an-oldie-but-goodie items that attract me to GoGamer sales.

#36 Serik

Serik

Stack of doom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2009 - 05:25 AM

How the hell can you rag on GoGamer? Dirt cheap prices ($20 for Stormise...the game has awful reviews, but it came out like a week ago), great customer support and tons of hard-to-find games.

http://img22.imageshack.us/my.php?image=userbar2kk9.jpgPosted Image
Playing:
:pc: Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword, Team Fortress 2

#37 stewie75

stewie75

JoeyJoeJoeJrShabadoo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2009 - 05:25 AM

Geez.....you know, it's weird. I've been a CAG for years now, and I've seen many GoGamer sales. Not once have I seen anything I really want in one of these sales. So odd. I always see a new "Madness" sale and get excited, and each time I am disappointed. *sigh*

I feel the same way...

Currently Playing:
:ps4: Wolfenstein, Watch Dogs, MLB 14: The Show
:wiiu: Mario Kart 8
:3ds: Kirby Triple Deluxe
:ps3: Deadpool

#38 DukeEdwardI

DukeEdwardI

Whose Queens?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2009 - 05:29 AM

woot! lots of good prices here.

just an FYI, you can register the cd-keys of FEAR 2, dawn of war2 and saints row 2 on steam. perhaps that info might persuade some to pick up a copy :)

EDIT: found the page that lists the cd keys you can register on steam. thought some people might find it useful.
https://support.stea...=7480-WUSF-3601

#39 stewie75

stewie75

JoeyJoeJoeJrShabadoo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2009 - 05:31 AM

I'm not saying I won't buy anything ever, it's just that it's mostly geared towards PC users and that isn't me. Kudos for keeping the sales up though. No real complaints here.

Currently Playing:
:ps4: Wolfenstein, Watch Dogs, MLB 14: The Show
:wiiu: Mario Kart 8
:3ds: Kirby Triple Deluxe
:ps3: Deadpool

#40 turls

turls

Clouds: no, Sunshine: yes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2009 - 05:42 AM

I'm not saying I won't buy anything ever, it's just that it's mostly geared towards PC users and that isn't me. Kudos for keeping the sales up though. No real complaints here.

The problem is that many people in these threads that complain/note nothing is for them don't acknowledge that they must have little interest at all in PC gaming. But even then, saying that there has never been anything to like, console or PC, is a little over a top because they obviously haven't watched GoGamer that closely. . .

#41 paintball745

paintball745

PHD in deals

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2009 - 05:43 AM

hey jason any chance of a chance at madworld being on sale?

#42 neonglow

neonglow

Penguin Shine!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2009 - 05:43 AM

Nothing for me this week, but couple weeks ago I did buy Little Big Planet for $25. That was an excellent console deal.

#43 barbarbar

barbarbar

BROKE ASS GAMER

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2009 - 06:07 AM

Has anyone played Jericho for PS3? Newegg has it for around the same price, but GoGamer is still cheaper by a little. Might have to pick it up if it's any good.

#44 doodofdoods

doodofdoods

Prinny Powered

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2009 - 06:17 AM

Hey Jason, any chance we get another 10% off coupon code? Maybe make it an official CAG promotional code.

#45 iceblast21

iceblast21

Domo Arigato, Mr. Roboto.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2009 - 06:51 AM

There are legitimate complaints and then there are these.... Don't pay attention to the whiney complainers. You'll end up expending 90% of your effort on 10% (or less) of your customers.

I've picked up numerous titles from gogamer over the past few years on madness sales, and can safely say that if someone hasn't been able to find even ONE worthwhile title on madness sales, they really ought to expand their gaming horizons.

30 bucks for dow2 = win.

Agreed. GoGamer has some nice sales, even for me (a non-PC gamer!). How 'bout Half-Life 1 (PC) for $5 shipped? Now I don't have to wonder what happened before my copy of OrangeBox on 360! :D

And Simpsons for $10??? You can't beat that! It's an excellent game, if there's anyone out there who has yet to try it!

Thanks, GoGamer! :applause:
"Do I have Smash Bros. Brawl?? HA HA HA HA HA HA! :lol: WHY THE HELL ELSE WOULD I OWN A WII????" - Ice

#46 Free2game

Free2game

Posted 08 April 2009 - 08:12 AM

Has anyone played Jericho for PS3? Newegg has it for around the same price, but GoGamer is still cheaper by a little. Might have to pick it up if it's any good.

Saw the video review on gametrailers and they pretty much said it runs at unplayable framerates. Would avoid that one if I were you. BTW I'm more of a PC gamer myself and I've bought a ton of games from them in the past, no complaints here.

#47 tcolberg

tcolberg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2009 - 08:45 AM

I like GoGamer and have bought from them plenty of times over the years. I can't wait for them to come out with another set of classic PC anthologies again for a madness sale (I missed the Space Quest one :bomb:).

Jason, if you want a hint at what this one gamer is going to be looking for in the next couple weeks, I will be looking for a good price on Tales of Valor. :bouncy:

Edited by tcolberg, 08 April 2009 - 08:48 AM.
Spelling

#48 bywaytm

bywaytm

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2009 - 09:10 AM

GoGamer I love your site, service, and sales. Lord knows I have bought way too from you in the past. Keep up the great work!
Posted Image

#49 cheapo72

cheapo72

Run, you pigeons!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2009 - 09:21 AM

Waste of time? What games are you looking for? We've literally had thousands of titles on sale over the years. Not one has made you bite? Tell me..what type of games do you want to see on sale without us going broke?

Jason

I love seeing you offer older PC games around $8 or less (the lower the better, of course):D

I hope you still make some money off of them, as I love teh GoGamer.

I also like it when you pull out some oddball stuff like eXperiment, Perry Rhodan, and Armies of Exigo from the last sale. (my order was 22906038 if you want to look at my history, it's a case study of a PC CAG).

#50 AwRy108

AwRy108

Posted 08 April 2009 - 11:26 AM

Dawn of War 2.... so cheap... so fast! *tear*

Yeah, and it's so great, too. PEOPLE: buy this game!

#51 Wooten

Wooten

Illegitimi non carborundum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2009 - 01:42 PM

Yeah, and it's so great, too. PEOPLE: buy this game!

I'm interested but I'm gonna wait till it drops a lil more.

#52 GoGamer.com - Jason

GoGamer.com - Jason

GoGamer.com Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 08 April 2009 - 01:48 PM

HAWX 360 is $39.97 at Amazon, free shipping, no tax. $38.99 at Fry's, no shipping required for me (B&M). It's $42.89 (shipping included) plus tax at GoGamer.

I'm not saying GoGamer needs to undersell Amazon across the board (suicide), but HAWX is heavily discounted recently - you might be better served by discounting some titles that aren't on promotion everywhere.

E.g., I haven't bought a lot from GoGamer, but one thing I did buy was EyeToy Kinetic. It's an older title, obviously, but it's hard to find, and especially hard to find new at a discount. It's these second-chance-at-an-oldie-but-goodie items that attract me to GoGamer sales.

When be bought our last batch and we looked we thought we were going to be the lowest, but apparently the source that gave us a deal on HAWX also gave the others a similar deal. Our problem was we sat on it for a week. Well, darn it. I stand corrected then.

Jason

#53 GoGamer.com - Jason

GoGamer.com - Jason

GoGamer.com Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 08 April 2009 - 01:50 PM

To all those that shop with us and have made comments here thank you for your support. Times are tough in the economy and we're trying to offer the best deals we can for gamers on a budget.

Jason

#54 MrNEWZ

MrNEWZ

Newzbytes~!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2009 - 02:20 PM

I'm always looking for a cheap 360 game from these sales. Seems like they're getting rid of some really old, previously clearenced stuff.
-Michael

Posted Image

#55 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2009 - 02:25 PM

shipping kills the deals : (
WOOOO I STINK

#56 xycury

xycury

there is only one

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2009 - 02:33 PM

shipping kills the deals : (

2.99 for the first game and $1 more for each additional title.

I think it's reasonable since not many others can match these prices, plus they have been shipping newer titles with free shipping.

I would say it's more economical to buy many titles and not just 1.

My last purchase had 4.

Remember, GoGamer is much smaller than Amazon... can't afford to free ship everything.

#57 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2009 - 02:35 PM

2.99 for the first game and $1 more for each additional title.

I think it's reasonable since not many others can match these prices, plus they have been shipping newer titles with free shipping.

I would say it's more economical to buy many titles and not just 1.

My last purchase had 4.

Remember, GoGamer is much smaller than Amazon... can't afford to free ship everything.

was going to grab Pop cutie for an easter gift ... 10.99 would been great... almost 15 after shipping not great
WOOOO I STINK

#58 carpwrist

carpwrist

√úbercharge Ready!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2009 - 02:56 PM

REALLY good prices. i imagine alot of ppl are getting Price Alert emails today.
Saying you're really good at Borderlands is the equivalent to saying you suck at videogames.

That puts a genuine closed parenthesis at the end of my colon. :)

Posted Image

#59 Keegs

Keegs

Owl + Bungee Cord

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2009 - 03:02 PM

It's pretty kick ass that a GoGamer rep posts on here and pays attention to what's going on. I've bought from them quite a few times, but then I'm a PC gamer at heart even though I own consoles too.

$30 for DOW2, I might have to bite!

#60 xycury

xycury

there is only one

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2009 - 03:08 PM

was going to grab Pop cutie for an easter gift ... 10.99 would been great... almost 15 after shipping not great

Just like I said, it is usually not worth it for just 1 title.

But where else you getting that for <15?

4 bucks is like a coffee, just sacrifce and it's worth it.... it's not great but good.