GoGamer Madness 4/7/09

• Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

#61 Esoteria

Esoteria

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2009 - 03:19 PM

GoGamer has consistently had the best PC game prices I can find in the madness sales. I almost exclusively wait for one of these deals for any major PC title (getting DoW II today--they had it for $37 very shortly after its release but I wasn't willing to shell out yet). Admittedly no console game deals have popped up that I've had to grab, but console games aren't as price-volatile, so that's to be expected.

Keep it up, gentlemen.

#62 nexen

nexen

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2009 - 03:40 PM

mmm although i haven't bought anything from their sales, i think they do seem to have good prices on pc games alot of the time.

Yeah, their consle game sales are so-so but their PC game sales are usually amazing. Especially if you are looking for older titles. They are the source of 90% of my insane PC backlog.

#63 nexen

nexen

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2009 - 03:43 PM

To all those that shop with us and have made comments here thank you for your support. Times are tough in the economy and we're trying to offer the best deals we can for gamers on a budget.

Jason

Thanks, Jason.

Personally I love GoGamer's madness sales. Especially when you liquidate older hard-to-find titles.

#64 jamezuva

jamezuva

Posted 08 April 2009 - 03:48 PM

I wish the shipping for the keyboard didn't cost more than the actual keyboard itself :( ....pretty much puts it at the same price as amazon if you have prime shipping or can add something else to get FSSS

#65 rebenns

rebenns

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2009 - 04:35 PM

Waste of time? What games are you looking for? We've literally had thousands of titles on sale over the years. Not one has made you bite? Tell me..what type of games do you want to see on sale without us going broke?

Jason

I can't complain - Gogamer usually has good deals on PC games, and I've bought a few of the then-latest Guitar Hero titles from them.
If you're a midget in a purple jumpsuit, you should never, EVER kick someone who looks like Arnold Schwarzenegger in the penis.

#66 mm07

mm07

Posted 08 April 2009 - 04:43 PM

I'm appalled at those posters giving gogamer grief, so my .02....

GoGamer has the best PC game sales EVER. Been shopping with you guys a long time, and you always get me with great prices on games I passed up.
Keep em coming and thanks.
I'd definitely bite on dawn of war and fear, but i got em already.
-Mike

#67 DrNo888

DrNo888

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2009 - 05:23 PM

Whiners ITT
=========================
Posted Image

#68 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 08 April 2009 - 05:38 PM

Re: FEAR2, Wanted, and Dawn of War II:

Never, ever, EVER pay full price for PC games at launch.

FixT.

Lol @ Wanted though; that's a crazy fast drop for a game.

#69 xraytd

xraytd

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2009 - 05:50 PM

We appreciate the support, but let's no get into a flame war. I do listen to the public so if there is a concept of a great deal I always want to know. We are known more for our PC deals, but since last summer we have really stepped up our console game.

Jason

The general consensus is that your PC deals are great. I'd have to agree. Kudos for that and please keep up the good work in that area. I prefer console gaming, so thanks also for trying to offer better deals in that area. My personal opinion on a great deal would be titles under $10 that nobody else is currently offering. My last purchase from GoGamer was Blazing Angels 2 for 360 at $10. Not a AAA title, but nobody else was offering that title at that price so I was happy.

#70 Fragonard

Fragonard

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2009 - 06:23 PM

In for one Dawn of War II. Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

#71 Nostalgic Wind

Nostalgic Wind

Capcom Fanboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2009 - 06:57 PM

I love GoGamer. Even before I finally got my gaming PC, I've been liking the deals they offer and ordered PC games in anticipation for when I get the PC and the several console games they've offered on sale (Eternal Sonata on 360 was a favorite for me).

#72 Hudson187

Hudson187

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2009 - 07:03 PM

I'm appalled at those posters giving gogamer grief, so my .02....

GoGamer has the best PC game sales EVER. Been shopping with you guys a long time, and you always get me with great prices on games I passed up.
Keep em coming and thanks.
I'd definitely bite on dawn of war and fear, but i got em already.
-Mike

I agree completely with Mike - I have been shopping with GoGamer since 2002 and have spent quite a bit on their madness sales. Sometimes I pass, but most of the time I find something to bite on (last time was Jericho for PC). I am a PC gamer @ heart, and while I still own consoles, I always find myself looking forward to the weekly 48 hours deals. Thanks GoGamer for keeping my PC game backlog consistent - you guys rock!

#73 keiblerfan69

keiblerfan69

Chevy Born & Raised

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2009 - 09:20 PM

I will I had the 60 bucks to get FEAR 2 and DoW II.

Posted Image
Posted Image
HAF 932 Full Tower | Q9400 OC to 3.4 ghz
4GB Corsair XMS 2 | XFX 260 896mb
Western Digital Black 640GB | 2TB Western Digital Green
Corsair 650TX 650W | Windows 7 64-Bit | ASUS 22.5" Monitor

#74 52club

52club

This ain't intramurals!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2009 - 10:22 PM

CAGs sell your consoles and pick up/build a decent gaming PC. There is plenty of room on the bandwagon. I know the initial investment is bigger, but with the savings on games you'll make up the difference IMO. Plus you can upgrade a console's video card at any time with some of the $$$ you've saved by purchasing PC games. Toss in all the additional things a PC can be used for and the fact PC's can be hooked up to most recent HDTVs with relative ease (see monoprice.com for a cheap dvi->HDMI connection). Anyway that DOW for $30 is a steal, since it dropped so fast I'm going to hold out for a Steam Deal, hopefully $20.
Space for Rent:lol:

#75 D_W01

D_W01

Posted 09 April 2009 - 05:43 AM

I like to add For eveonline players,
If you guys pay by the time card, the go gamer deal saves you 2 Bucks then buying a game time card. This savings includes the shipping cost.

Sure you don't get it right away, but you should be keeping track of your monthly payment any way.

Now is it worth saving $2? that's up to you. But it makes me tempted to buy it for the in game money.
Posted Image

#76 salty tbone

salty tbone

Flipmode Squad

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2009 - 06:01 AM

CAGs sell your consoles and pick up/build a decent gaming PC. There is plenty of room on the bandwagon.

I be more enthusiastic to your advice if your sig didn't point out that you own a PS3, Wii and 360. :lol:
[URL="http://www.goozex.com/trading/asp/goozexprofile.asp?id=558134175419"][/URL]

#77 DarkZero104

DarkZero104

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2009 - 10:22 AM

So I almost forgot about this. Saw Bangai-O, went "the hell is this," looked it up...

Treasure made this? Giant robots?
Sold. No questions, Treasure knows how to kill me a couple dozen times in 2 minutes if I'm lucky and I'll like it.

#78 52club

52club

This ain't intramurals!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2009 - 10:58 AM

I be more enthusiastic to your advice if your sig didn't point out that you own a PS3, Wii and 360. :lol:

Good point:applause:. I didn't need to sell my systems to build a couple PCs. If you can afford it, keep your systems, but if I couldn't I would sell my consoles for a PC.
Space for Rent:lol:

#79 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2009 - 11:53 AM

nice if there was a free shipping code :)

man that pop cutie is tempting but spent so much freaking money these last week

zelda for 13
prince of persia for 10
some dino game for 11
WOOOO I STINK

#80 Josef

Josef

Touched the dead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2009 - 05:44 PM

Add free shipping to all Madness sale items and I'll start buying titles from you. Yes, it is a dealbreaker for me. Other sites are doing it (Newegg, Amazon over $25, Gamestop over $25, Gameroomdeals) and those sites have been getting my business.

#81 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2009 - 07:22 PM

Add free shipping to all Madness sale items and I'll start buying titles from you. Yes, it is a dealbreaker for me. Other sites are doing it (Newegg, Amazon over $25, Gamestop over $25, Gameroomdeals) and those sites have been getting my business.

newegg has gotten more business from me in the last 3 days then the last year due to the free shipping and low price games... I need to stop buying LOL

Just picked up ENDWAR For the ds for i think 12 or 13 shipped
WOOOO I STINK

#82 brutus

brutus

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2009 - 07:59 PM

I go to GoGamer for my PC purchases. Their selection is unparalleled and new releases are frequently discounted. Who is selling Dawn of War or Total War: Empires for less? Nobody.

The site does not focus on console games, which I understand because it's easy to lose your shirt on console games.

I bought 27 PC games from them last week. Mostly highly rated but little known titles that aren't available elsewhere. Each one was $4 or less. GoGamer does not need to change.

Some people will just never be happy. As soon as free shipping would be offered, the same jokers would demand free 2-day shipping. Then release day shipping. Then they would want refunds on used games. It's best not to sell to people like that because they'll always have complaints that take up hours of time and are impossible to please.

I'll Take the GoGamer Madness as it is. It's cheap and reliable.

#83 GoGamer.com - Jason

GoGamer.com - Jason

GoGamer.com Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 10 April 2009 - 06:06 AM

Here is the deal guys. NewEgg, Amazon and Gamestop are multi-billion dollar companies and they EAT the shipping because they can. How? They get millions of dollars a year from the publishers in the form of MDF (Marketing Development Funds) which is a further discount on top of the margin they already get. This is part and parcel to how this industry works. We get MDF too, but not as much. So we operate differently, we source product for a low price and we sell it to make money so we can stay in business. Our shipping is neutral, we neither make money nor loose money. If I offer free shipping on a product it is because we can afford it. And for the record, console games have very slim margins and are less volatile than PC games.

You simply cannot compare us to the big guys. If you see something you like, jump on it so we can come back and offer something else good a little later. Support GoGamer so my dog Maverick and I don't go hungry! :lol:

Jason

#84 mr_burnzz

mr_burnzz

Posted 10 April 2009 - 06:33 AM

site looks quite good. saw the ps3 simpsons title for a little under 10 dollars. added to cart and saw the shipping...too used to neweggs free shipping i suppose. im gonna wait a lil while longer cuz the shipping was the deal breaker for me. still, its the best deal. thanks for your efforts go gamer.

#85 xycury

xycury

there is only one

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2009 - 02:07 PM

site looks quite good. saw the ps3 simpsons title for a little under 10 dollars. added to cart and saw the shipping...too used to neweggs free shipping i suppose. im gonna wait a lil while longer cuz the shipping was the deal breaker for me. still, its the best deal. thanks for your efforts go gamer.

wow... now this is just beeing a cheap ass and not a gamer at all.

GoGamer has had some of the lowest prices for games, true they can't compete with bigger national brands but they constantly cause me to make an order when a sale goes around. Sure they don't cater to the console crowd, but hardly anyone can touch them on their PC deals.

Some are spoiled like the first guy, there isn't anyone that's going to please him.

And the 2nd guy stated that it's still the best deal and yet didn't because their was fucking shipping.

:applause: to GoGamer, for awesome PC sales, for getting me excited when there is a Madness sale. Thanks Jason for continuing to contribute to the community.

#86 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2009 - 02:13 PM

Here is the deal guys. NewEgg, Amazon and Gamestop are multi-billion dollar companies and they EAT the shipping because they can. How? They get millions of dollars a year from the publishers in the form of MDF (Marketing Development Funds) which is a further discount on top of the margin they already get. This is part and parcel to how this industry works. We get MDF too, but not as much. So we operate differently, we source product for a low price and we sell it to make money so we can stay in business. Our shipping is neutral, we neither make money nor loose money. If I offer free shipping on a product it is because we can afford it. And for the record, console games have very slim margins and are less volatile than PC games.

You simply cannot compare us to the big guys. If you see something you like, jump on it so we can come back and offer something else good a little later. Support GoGamer so my dog Maverick and I don't go hungry! :lol:

Jason

how about a new promo... buy a item get a free picture of maverick :)

that pop cutie is still tempting... now only if i had a few more bucks... Yea when you look at it the shipping should not be a big deal...
WOOOO I STINK

#87 mm07

mm07

Posted 10 April 2009 - 02:13 PM

I also appreciate that you added "Dirt Cheap Shipping" option a while ago..
Its not free, but as Jason explained, he can't simply EAT the cost.
So dirt cheap option is a good compromise and certainly shows he has the customer's interests at heart...
gogamer will remain on my favorites.

#88 CoffeeEdge

CoffeeEdge

Resident Communaut

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2009 - 02:48 PM

Thanks for explaining that, Jason.

It is really unfair that everyone demands free shipping, without really understanding why that isn't always possible.

I love the store, so good luck, and keep up the good work. :)
Hi...

DID SOMEBODY SAY "TOOT"?!?
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image I WILL MOTHERF--KING BAN THE F--KING SHIT OUT OF YOU Posted Image

Posted Image

#89 Monroeski

Monroeski

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2009 - 03:01 PM

Jason

A good, legitimate reason for having higher shipping costs still means you have higher shipping costs. I still eagerly open my GoGamer emails every time I get one, but I haven't ordered anything in a while because shipping usually kicks it into being just a bit higher than I would like to pay. Plus, to be honest, seeing it at one price then having shipping kick it up is just psychologically harmful to the odds of me buying.

I know I for one would order from the site more often if instead of paying shipping on a game you're selling for $.99, I got free shipping on games you're selling for $1.99 or $2.99 if the total was above a certain threshold. Hard numbers and fiscal sense aside, I think people in general are just more likely to buy a $10 game than to buy a $5 game with $5 shipping.

::edit::
I guess it would be more accurate to say that adding shipping cost does not DECREASE my odds of buying, but it stays static; eliminating shipping cost is what increases the odds.

#90 Josef

Josef

Touched the dead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2009 - 03:16 PM

wow... now this is just beeing a cheap ass and not a gamer at all.

GoGamer has had some of the lowest prices for games, true they can't compete with bigger national brands but they constantly cause me to make an order when a sale goes around. Sure they don't cater to the console crowd, but hardly anyone can touch them on their PC deals.

Some are spoiled like the first guy, there isn't anyone that's going to please him.

And the 2nd guy stated that it's still the best deal and yet didn't because their was fucking shipping.

:applause: to GoGamer, for awesome PC sales, for getting me excited when there is a Madness sale. Thanks Jason for continuing to contribute to the community.

Wow, I guess there's no pleasing me since I'm simply looking out for the best deal to spend my hard earned money on. Actually, if there were no pleasing me then I guess I wouldn't be spending several thousand a year on games :roll:

The bottom line is I'm going to put my money where I can get the best deal on a game. If NewEgg is offering the same game for $10 shipped where GoGamer is offering it for $13 I'm going to go to NewEgg. Shipping often kills the deals for a lot of the console games I'm interested in.

GoGamer appears to have the best deal on Pop Cutie right now at nearly $14 shipped, but that's also a title that I wouldn't spend more than $10 on. If free shipping was offered, It would be highly tempting to pull the trigger on a purchase at $10.49.

It does appear that the PC game deals at GoGamer are great, though I'm not a PC gamer and don't usually take advantage of those deals.

Jason

Thanks for the information on how that works. It is interesting that a site smaller than you - gameroomdeals.com - can offer free shipping on all console games, and sell just released console games in the $35 - $46 range. And from the sounds of it they're not losing money on it.