#91 nikkai

nikkai

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2009 - 03:18 PM

Spoiler
Support GoGamer so my dog Maverick and I don't go hungry! :lol:

Jason

Thumbs up on the explanation Jason - was just about to talk about that. But you did forget that large retailers like Amazon also have such a huge volume of shipments that they actually receive a discount on their shipping from the shipping institutions they are contracted to (ie: UPS and USPS). Check the issue of Business Week about.... 3 weeks ago I believe.

With the frequency of your Madness sales and the fact that the titles are so cheap, have you ever considered going the Amazon Prime route? (ie: pay a yearly fee for free shipping). That way, it removes one less barrier for the purchaser to pick up that $5.00 game that they've been eying for years. If you do implement something like that, can I get 5% of the royalties please for suggesting it? =D

#92 jjknap

jjknap

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2009 - 03:25 PM

I really like GoGamer. I don't purchase all of my PC games there, but I have purchased several over the years (I just picked-up Wanted yesterday). My only suggestion for GoGamer is that they allow me to track PayPal purchases a little better from their site.

All in all, they are a great resource for discounted PC games. :D

#93 brutus

brutus

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2009 - 03:46 PM

Just as an example, I bought The Movies for $2.00 from GoGamer last week along with some other games.

Should they have had free shipping on a $2.00 game?! Seriously. If people are complaining about deals like that, then maybe they should keep their money for luxuries like Ramen noodles.

I think the problem is pretty clear here. Some people have no business sense and are quite willing to show off their lack of sense as a badge of honor. Let me give you morons a hint: the "free shipping" at Amazon or any other site is not "free." It is built into the price of the product.

And no one is telling you that you must buy from GoGamer if their prices are higher. I'm just saying that demanding "free shipping" is stupid when there is clearly a definite cost for shipping that YOU are paying for, regardless of where you buy anything.

F#$@!

#94 bywaytm

bywaytm

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2009 - 06:00 PM

Thumbs up on the explanation Jason - was just about to talk about that. But you did forget that large retailers like Amazon also have such a huge volume of shipments that they actually receive a discount on their shipping from the shipping institutions they are contracted to (ie: UPS and USPS). Check the issue of Business Week about.... 3 weeks ago I believe.

Exactly what I wanted to add. Amazon has such huge volume of shipments that UPS only charges them pennies above the actual cost to UPS of shipping. Thus it is very easy for amazon to offer free shipping. Where as most small operations receive little to no discount and have to charge or make no profit.
Posted Image

#95 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2009 - 07:26 PM

man dont knwo what to do about that pop cutie game.....
WOOOO I STINK

#96 CoffeeEdge

CoffeeEdge

Resident Communaut

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2009 - 08:44 PM

Let me give you morons a hint: the "free shipping" at Amazon or any other site is not "free." It is built into the price of the product.

Indeed, I meant to point this out as well.

NOTHING is ever free. Costs are always built-in.
Hi...

DID SOMEBODY SAY "TOOT"?!?
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image I WILL MOTHERF--KING BAN THE F--KING SHIT OUT OF YOU Posted Image

Posted Image

#97 msdmoney

msdmoney

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2009 - 09:17 PM

A good, legitimate reason for having higher shipping costs still means you have higher shipping costs. I still eagerly open my GoGamer emails every time I get one, but I haven't ordered anything in a while because shipping usually kicks it into being just a bit higher than I would like to pay. Plus, to be honest, seeing it at one price then having shipping kick it up is just psychologically harmful to the odds of me buying.

I know I for one would order from the site more often if instead of paying shipping on a game you're selling for $.99, I got free shipping on games you're selling for $1.99 or $2.99 if the total was above a certain threshold. Hard numbers and fiscal sense aside, I think people in general are just more likely to buy a $10 game than to buy a $5 game with $5 shipping.

::edit::
I guess it would be more accurate to say that adding shipping cost does not DECREASE my odds of buying, but it stays static; eliminating shipping cost is what increases the odds.

Free is a powerful word in business, even if the price is the same in the end. It's understandable to compare the final price, but some people are just irrationaly insistent on seeing the words free shipping regardless of the final price. Besides the sites like Amazon that offer free shipping because they have lower shipping costs many of the smaller sites that offer free shipping just build the shipping into the final price.

I find the dirt cheap shipping option to be pretty reasonable, especially when I'm using it to buy games for less than $5 sometimes.

#98 StarKnightX

StarKnightX

will hook you up

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2009 - 11:06 PM

wow... now this is just beeing a cheap ass and not a gamer at all.

GoGamer has had some of the lowest prices for games, true they can't compete with bigger national brands but they constantly cause me to make an order when a sale goes around. Sure they don't cater to the console crowd, but hardly anyone can touch them on their PC deals.

Some are spoiled like the first guy, there isn't anyone that's going to please him.

And the 2nd guy stated that it's still the best deal and yet didn't because their was fucking shipping.

:applause: to GoGamer, for awesome PC sales, for getting me excited when there is a Madness sale. Thanks Jason for continuing to contribute to the community.

A good comparison to this would be GameDealDaily. It seems like AT LEAST once a week or so he has to deal with complaints from people over shipping charges. Several people made a similar comment that buying a $5 game with $5 shipping is absurd , but if it was a $10 game with free shipping they would have bit on it (price given is just an example). This does show though that its often all about perception.

To make a suggestion (no idea if this would be do-able or not since I don't run a business like this of course) is on games that your going to offer for really cheap prices (> $5 perhaps) is that instead of offering it for such and such a price + shipping , just offer it for more with free shipping ($2 game with $4 shipping becomes $6 with free shipping). Or maybe offer the really cheap games at that price with a certain purchase amount ($5 game becomes $1 if you order $x.xx worth of stuff).

Personally though , the shipping thing doesn't really bother me all that much. I just take it into account when I see the deals. The only reason I don't buy more games from GoGamer is because I'm not as much of a PC gamer. I do appreciate the effort though.

#99 georox

georox

The Captain

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2009 - 11:41 PM

GoGamer kicks ass, they put the Mines of Moria on sale. </thread>

3DS Friend code - 1418-6866-3699

#100 vghc

vghc

Posted 11 April 2009 - 12:05 AM

Just ordered FEAR 2!!!!!

#101 msdmoney

msdmoney

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2009 - 12:16 AM

To make a suggestion (no idea if this would be do-able or not since I don't run a business like this of course) is on games that your going to offer for really cheap prices (> $5 perhaps) is that instead of offering it for such and such a price + shipping , just offer it for more with free shipping ($2 game with $4 shipping becomes $6 with free shipping). Or maybe offer the really cheap games at that price with a certain purchase amount ($5 game becomes $1 if you order $x.xx worth of stuff).

In that case though, since they combine shipping for a certain amount of games, you would be getting a worse deal if you bought multiple games. And all just so people can see the words "free shipping", regardless of the final price.

#102 StarKnightX

StarKnightX

will hook you up

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2009 - 12:24 AM

In that case though, since they combine shipping for a certain amount of games, you would be getting a worse deal if you bought multiple games. And all just so people can see the words "free shipping", regardless of the final price.

Valid point. The former suggestion (as opposed to the latter one) only really works for people that only would have ordered like 1 or 2 of the really cheap items and nothing else. If someone were to order a bunch of other things in addition to the really cheap items (or just a lot of the really cheap items) then the idea falls apart and goes to waste.

#103 mr_burnzz

mr_burnzz

Posted 11 April 2009 - 12:45 AM

wow... now this is just beeing a cheap ass and not a gamer at all.

GoGamer has had some of the lowest prices for games, true they can't compete with bigger national brands but they constantly cause me to make an order when a sale goes around. Sure they don't cater to the console crowd, but hardly anyone can touch them on their PC deals.

Some are spoiled like the first guy, there isn't anyone that's going to please him.

And the 2nd guy stated that it's still the best deal and yet didn't because their was fucking shipping.

:applause: to GoGamer, for awesome PC sales, for getting me excited when there is a Madness sale. Thanks Jason for continuing to contribute to the community.

those 3 dollars mean something to me. Sure, maybe some rich fancy man like you can afford 3 dollars for shipping on anything but to me getting a game solely because i watch the tv show means I need the best deal. I know simpsons isnt going to be the best game so my mind is set on a $10 mark. thats it. if it was a game desired badly, then I will be willing to pay shipping and handling and processing and pondering. But i can get my simpsons fix with the dvds i own...or i could wait until it hits that $10 margin.

i dont think josef is spoiled..like me, he is looking for the best deal just like he stated. he just said it in a direct way that had a negative impact on gogamer.

btw, u can call me a cheap ass gamer or just a cheap ass. doesnt faze me..my girl calls me just plain cheap

#104 salty tbone

salty tbone

Flipmode Squad

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2009 - 12:51 AM

I've read all the posts, and I honestly have no idea what you guys are arguing about.
[URL="http://www.goozex.com/trading/asp/goozexprofile.asp?id=558134175419"][/URL]

#105 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2009 - 01:47 AM

I've read all the posts, and I honestly have no idea what you guys are arguing about.

people think gogamer should offer free shipping....

i think the places that do offer free shipping has spolied us so much we think that everyone should ship items for free

Why does it take 7 to 15 days.. First class is 2 bucks to ship a game and its 1 to 3 days...

ordered pop cutie demending on how fast i get it will figure if i ever deal with this company again
WOOOO I STINK

#106 xycury

xycury

there is only one

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2009 - 02:07 AM

people think gogamer should offer free shipping....

i think the places that do offer free shipping has spolied us so much we think that everyone should ship items for free

Why does it take 7 to 15 days.. First class is 2 bucks to ship a game and its 1 to 3 days...

ordered pop cutie demending on how fast i get it will figure if i ever deal with this company again

The quickest I've got something was 5 days.

But right after xmas they had a surge of orders and I didn't get a previous order for like 2 weeks.

Really GoGamer shines on getting multiples... people paying for one game won't really see the savings, buying alot of games, and only having to pay <20 is nice...even with shipping.

#107 VioletArrows

VioletArrows

La Bella Fleche

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2009 - 05:20 AM

SO ANYWAY. :P

My headphones just conveniently died, anyone have experience with the Yapster Headphones? Particularly if they are comfortable for glasses wearers (UTMOST IMPORTANCE HERE). If they're good, I can get those, and WotLK seperately and save about $5 over the combo pack that's been there since before launch. :p
Currently playing: ....*shrug*

#108 Hydro2Oxide

Hydro2Oxide

Posted 13 April 2009 - 05:57 AM

Wow, what was the deal with all the people QQing on the first two pages about no console games? 95% of the deals on this site are console games and the 5% that are PC I appreciate a good deal. Thanks GoGamer, nothing this week for me as I'm strapped for cash but I love your madness deals.

#109 Arkay Firestar

Arkay Firestar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2009 - 06:20 AM

Dawn of War II was a good price, but I'm going to have to wait till it drops lower, since I suspect I won't really like it much and will put it aside almost immediately.

#110 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2009 - 02:49 PM

thought this sale was only for 48 hours what would of ended Saturday morning. still on sale...
WOOOO I STINK

#111 Zurich

Zurich

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2009 - 03:43 PM

Think I'm in for Bangai-O, been meaning to play it for a really long time and I have a few trips coming up where the DS will come in handy.

Also, love gogamer. Picked up Brothers in Arms last month for $15 and it was worth 3 times that. Shipping was super fast, too.

#112 Kurina

Kurina

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2009 - 04:39 PM

thought this sale was only for 48 hours what would of ended Saturday morning. still on sale...

They usually continue on through the week. Although it's not always definite, sales usually come out each Tuesday night and last till next Monday/Tuesday when they are removed. Varies a bit but that's the general rule of thumb, despite it being titled a 48 hour madness sale.