Buy Xbox Live arcade games from Amazon.com

• Please log in to reply
143 replies to this topic

#121 worrybomb

worrybomb

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2009 - 08:24 AM

While Amazon doesn't state it as a "sale", you can purchase the Online Game Code for the XBLA title "Undertow" for $5.00. The regular price for Undertow in the Live Marketplace is 800 MS Points.

Undertow - $5.00

#122 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2009 - 08:26 AM

The good thing about the disc compilations of XBLA games is that you can bring them to someone's house, let someone else borrow them, or sell/trade the disc if you get bored of the games. The best part, though, is probably that you'll always be able to own the games if you want. There will be a day down the road, after the 360's lifespan is over, that MS will pull all the games down off the servers, and you won't be able to redownload them if you need to.

#123 shoe478

shoe478

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2009 - 08:36 AM

Found a sale on Galaga Legions at Amazon:

http://www.amazon.co...39435745&sr=8-2

$4.97 when it's normally $10 (800 points).

Personally, I would probably go with the disc-based Namco Museum Virtual Arcade (on sale for a limited time at Gamestop for $14.99), as it comes with the same title, plus 8 other Live Arcade (9 games x 200 acheivement points each = 1800 total) and over 20 other classic arcade games.

http://www.gamestop....roduct_id=72549

Thanks and good find, I'll be getting the disc as soon as I can.

#124 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2009 - 09:00 AM

Showstoppa42 thanks! I was hoping Amazon would discount their XBLA games occasionally. Galaga Legions always seemed a bit too expensive for what it is.

I like having a huge library of games on my hard drive, but that Namco collection is a good value too.

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

Twitch: EastXTwitch - Watch my streams Saturday nights at 8pm Central and win prizes!

#125 Dakinggamer

Dakinggamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2009 - 10:37 AM

The best thing about this is that it allows you to buy the oddly-priced items (Like things that cost 15.00) without having to "overbuy" points. Also, you can gift XBLA games through this method.

Now if Amazon would Gold Box these things, or put things on sale that where still full priced on Live... This could be a great way to get more deals right alongside the XBL "Deal of the Week" program.

yeah, I totally agree.. very excited about this being exact currency8-)
My Game Collection
Dakinggamer's Paradise
Want: Wii u, PS4, Xbox 720

#126 xrayzwei

xrayzwei

is ready to believe you

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2009 - 01:28 PM

Man, I didn't realize Microsoft delisted Lost Cities. I was sure it'd be one they would have clearanced at some point.

And I *JUST* deleted the demo for it on Tuesday.

I remember during the whole "de-listing" fiasco the recommendation that MS was putting out there was to download things off of your download history instead of marketplace. They said as long as it was still on the servers, but not listed on XBLA Marketplace you should still be able to download anything off of your download history including demos. Try that. I think this is really the only case for the auto download of demos; you should be able to download anything even if it gets delisted and you've deleted it locally.

While Amazon doesn't state it as a "sale", you can purchase the Online Game Code for the XBLA title "Undertow" for $5.00. The regular price for Undertow in the Live Marketplace is 800 MS Points.

Undertow - $5.00

I also recommend this, though it was better when it was free for the Live downtime sometime ago.

Edited by xrayzwei, 11 April 2009 - 01:32 PM.
grammarz

#127 Mysterio

Mysterio

Death to hoarders!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2009 - 01:46 PM

Found a sale on Galaga Legions at Amazon:

http://www.amazon.co...39435745&sr=8-2

$4.97 when it's normally $10 (800 points).

Thanks for the heads-up. For me, $10 was too much for this game, but I'm sold at $4.97.

I remember during the whole "de-listing" fiasco the recommendation that MS was putting out there was to download things off of your download history instead of marketplace. They said as long as it was still on the servers, but not listed on XBLA Marketplace you should still be able to download anything off of your download history including demos. Try that. I think this is really the only case for the auto download of demos; you should be able to download anything even if it gets delisted and you've deleted it locally.

If I remember correctly, MS entertained de-listing prior to the release of NXE. With NXE's release, though, MS said de-listing is no longer needed, so no XBLA titles have been de-listed. Lost Cities isn't listed for a different reason, a reason that MS is reluctant to share with us. It's been speculated that it has something to do with Sierra Online's demise.

#128 RelentlessRolento

RelentlessRolento

Conversation Comedy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2009 - 02:56 PM

Fuck excessive points. I'll be getting all my XBLA games now from amazon.

#129 Stingermck

Stingermck

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2009 - 03:24 PM

Just got Galaga, thanks!

#130 Drkirby

Drkirby

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2009 - 03:41 PM

Already have the Namco Collection, but good news that games will be on sale.

#131 sleepydumbdude

sleepydumbdude

MASHED POTATOES!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2009 - 03:55 PM

This is so great. Makes me bummed that i still have 22000 ms points. Oh still will have the ms deal of the week and dlc to spend it on.

Used it for the first time last night to get TMNT 1989 for a friend so he could play it with me.

#132 Skoad

Skoad

Posted 11 April 2009 - 09:43 PM

Makes me bummed that i still have 22000 ms points.

Yeah that's gotta suck.

#133 Imallvol7

Imallvol7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2009 - 09:56 PM

Thank goodness!! No dealing with those dang point systems.
PSN --> Imallvol7
Xbox Live --> Imallvol

#134 FluxDF

FluxDF

"Grrr" face

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2009 - 01:40 AM

You can't add XBLA games to your Amazon Wish List though. :cry:

#135 Ziv

Ziv

Jerk Extreme

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2009 - 02:26 AM

for those of you lookjg to get rid of lame little extra points, Gun has some 20pt gamerpics. I'm finally at zero again after having just 20pts to spend for a long time.

#136 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2009 - 02:39 AM

This is really good for me, because I can get the triple points on my Amazon Visa Card. If they started carrying DLC, wow, that would be awesome.

#137 emeraldgsl

emeraldgsl

Beginning of the End

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2009 - 03:46 AM

This is really good for me, because I can get the triple points on my Amazon Visa Card. If they started carrying DLC, wow, that would be awesome.

Oh yeah, I almost didn't think about that. With the low price of these games, I'll get my second Amazon GC in no time.:bouncy:
Posted Image

#138 Sgt Barone

Sgt Barone

Posted 12 April 2009 - 12:44 PM

Galaga Legions for $5 = WIN!

Here's to a great year of gaming in 2014   :beer:

#139 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2009 - 05:01 PM

Galaga Legions for $5 = WIN!

ditto, super sweet
N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection, The Witcher 3
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2908-9378

#140 cereal_killerxx

cereal_killerxx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2009 - 11:17 PM

How how are these codes sent out? Via email?

#141 mSoul01

mSoul01

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2009 - 11:28 PM

How how are these codes sent out? Via email?

When you place your order, it'll pop-up a window with the code to enter. Nice and easy.

#142 cereal_killerxx

cereal_killerxx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2009 - 11:31 PM

When you place your order, it'll pop-up a window with the code to enter. Nice and easy.

Wow, thats epic win. Time to buy some games! :D

#143 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2009 - 01:17 AM

Yea it was nice to have the code right away while I checked my email 30 minutes later and I had an email from Amazon with the code as well. I'm glad the code worked lol.
N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection, The Witcher 3
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2908-9378

#144 TypeSH

TypeSH

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2009 - 01:52 PM

i have points, but i think i'll save them for DLC/rock band songs and buy outrun on amazon this week.