Xbox 360 60GB LIVE Starter Pack $80 (Free Shipping) at Amazon

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Put the price in the title. Good find, OP.
00.gif
00.gif
[/quote]

Definitely a good find, thanks for the heads up.

If this had a transfer cable, I'd bite... eh, I'll probably end up buying anyway and worry about the cable later...

[quote name='cdul']If this had a transfer cable, I'd bite... eh, I'll probably end up buying anyway and worry about the cable later...[/quote]

oohhh... so this doesn't have a transfer cable?

Just a suggestion:
I took a chance on an Ebay seller (there are a couple, I chose seller 'artmall88') that ships a 120 GB HDD from China for less than $83 shipped (there are a couple for less than $77 shipped now). Ordered on March 11th. Delivered in 2 weeks.

Totally legit.
Works perfectly.
Extremely satisfied.

As for the transfer kit, DO NOT BUY ONE FROM SOMEONE ELSE WHEN YOU CAN GET IT FOR FREE!!!

Follow the link below to Xbox 360 Migration Form from their website, fill out the form as requested, and for the selection asking for the serial number of your new elite or special edition console, just tell them the truth (for me, I wanted to have an expanded hard drive for my existing console for DLC and the ability to use the 'install game to hard drive' function), then mail and/or fax in the form. It arrived in less than 2 weeks and oddly enough, on the same day as my new HDD:

http://assets.xbox.com/en-us/support/MigrationKit-OrderForm.pdf

-or-

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/systemuse/xbox360/console/datamigration.htm
(link is at the bottom of page)

OP, this is still a nice deal and a great find by you, but why pay for 60GB when you can get 120GB for practically the same price? Which ever option that you choose, please remember that you can get the transfer kit for FREE.

[quote name='luvmysegadc']for the selection asking for the serial number of your new elite or special edition console, just tell them the truth (for me, I wanted to have an expanded hard drive for my existing console for DLC and the ability to use the 'install game to hard drive' function)[/quote]
Just to make sure I'm understanding you correctly, did you just write that explanation in that field instead of providing a serial number? And that worked?

[quote name='luvmysegadc']
As for the transfer kit, DO NOT BUY ONE FROM SOMEONE ELSE WHEN YOU CAN GET IT FOR FREE!!!

Follow the link below to Xbox 360 Migration Form from their website, fill out the form as requested, and for the selection asking for the serial number of your new elite or special edition console, just tell them the truth (for me, I wanted to have an expanded hard drive for my existing console for DLC and the ability to use the 'install game to hard drive' function), then mail and/or fax in the form. It arrived in less than 2 weeks and oddly enough, on the same day as my new HDD:

http://assets.xbox.com/en-us/support/MigrationKit-OrderForm.pdf

-or-

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/systemuse/xbox360/console/datamigration.htm[/QUOTE]

I can vouch for this. They have the power to send you the transfer kit without having to provide them with 2 serial numbers. I called 1 800 4 MY XBOX and explained that I bought a refurbished HDD from GameStop and that it did not come with a cable. They ended up mailing me one without even having to fill out the form.

Thirding the transfer cable. I faxed mine over to them with my 20GB serial number in the "current" spot and "pending on order from Amazon" in the "new" spot. I got two transfer cables (one from TX, one from IL I believe) in about a week.

In a little bit of profiteering, you can easily sell your transfer cables on eBay for roughly $35 each - if you get two, you've upgraded your HD for (almost) free.

Yeah I also got a transfer cable free from MS using the fax in form. Only listed listed the serial from the 20GB system and they sent it right away.

You can also score a good deal on 60GB drives on Ebay once in a while. Especially if you use Cashback. Got mine for $35 shipped around Xmas time.

As far as I can tell, Arcade + Starter Pack is a better deal than the 60GB bundle, even at full price. What does the Pro come with that the Arcade + Starter Pack doesn't come with?

[quote name='Doomed']As far as I can tell, Arcade + Starter Pack is a better deal than the 60GB bundle, even at full price. What does the Pro come with that the Arcade + Starter Pack doesn't come with?[/QUOTE]

Component cables.

And the official component cables are $39.99 on their own. However, who the hell would buy the official component cables? There are cheaper 3rd party cables if component is needed. Although I'm assusming most people are going with an HDMI cable anyway. But, yeah, only official component cables are missing once you buy the arcade and this starter kit.

[quote name='simmias']Just to make sure I'm understanding you correctly, did you just write that explanation in that field instead of providing a serial number? And that worked?[/quote]

Yep

[quote name='luvmysegadc']Just a suggestion:
I took a chance on an Ebay seller (there are a couple, I chose seller 'artmall88') that ships a 120 GB HDD from China for less than $83 shipped (there are a couple for less than $77 shipped now). Ordered on March 11th. Delivered in 2 weeks.

Totally legit.
Works perfectly.
Extremely satisfied.
[/quote]

now THAT is very VERY cool.

off topic..would anyone reccommend a bigger HD for someone who plays 2-3 games at a time? (i have a 20gb now) im new to xbox so i still dont know exactly what it does but bigger is better, no?

[quote name='shelisheli']now THAT is very VERY cool.

off topic..would anyone reccommend a bigger HD for someone who plays 2-3 games at a time? (i have a 20gb now) im new to xbox so i still dont know exactly what it does but bigger is better, no?[/quote]

Well, ever since the NXE, you have the option to install games to the hard drive. This has the benefits of decreased load times in many games and less wear and tear on the disc drive. These installs typically take up between 3GB and 7GB.

Even before the NXE, I was worried about the 20GB HDD, simply because of all the content that is out there, now.

Transfer cable works on the 60GB drive.

The only limitations on it that I know of are that you can only go smaller->larger or same->same. In other words, 20GB->20/60/120GB, 60GB->60/120GB, and 120GB->120GB.

I have read online in many places that buying the hacked hard drives and playing on LIVE will get you banned. Is this true? How long have you happy purchasers had them and been playing online?

Drives that have firmware that allows for nefarious activities will get you banned. I'm guessing these Chinese drives are basically made by someone getting a hold of the HDD casing and buying the model of Western Digital drive that MS uses. In that case, nothing would happen. It would be recognized as a regular 360 drive. Plenty of people have done this easy mod themselves. Again, this is what I am guessing these Chinese drives are.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Drives that have firmware that allows for nefarious activities will get you banned. I'm guessing these Chinese drives are basically made by someone getting a hold of the HDD casing and buying the model of Western Digital drive that MS uses. In that case, nothing would happen. It would be recognized as a regular 360 drive. Plenty of people have done this easy mod themselves. Again, this is what I am guessing these Chinese drives are.[/quote]
I know that all they are are just buying broken 20GB HDDs and replacing with an identical HDD. But from what I've read on a few websites that sell them, the official hard drives have a unique ID that identifies you on LIVE, and if two people with the same ID are online at the same time, you get banned.

Doubt that's the case. Again, plenty of people have done this mod themselves without an issue. I was gonna do it myself, until I realized GS sold the used drives for $100. After coupon and EDGE, I was able to get it for $70 in store credit.

I faxed over my form for the migration kit to MS....does anyone know if they send you some kinda of confirmation e-mail at all? Or does it just show up on your door one day?

bread's done
Back