Photo
- - - - -

Amazon XBLA Deals: Undertow $5

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
734 replies to this topic

#721 Hydro2Oxide

Hydro2Oxide

Posted 11 May 2009 - 02:47 AM

I liked Undertow, its like star wars battlefront except side scrolling and underwater. You capture command posts, kill people, uses vehicles, and fight some aliens.

Which reminds me of how angry I am that SW:BF3 got the axe, what a great series of games :cry:

#722 yukafls

yukafls

Posted 11 May 2009 - 02:49 AM

Which reminds me of how angry I am that SW:BF3 got the axe, what a great series of games :cry:

Same here
Trade List:
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=171114
Currently Playing:
Spoiler

#723 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2009 - 03:14 AM

I liked Undertow, its like star wars battlefront except side scrolling and underwater. You capture command posts, kill people, uses vehicles, and fight some aliens.

I wouldn't say SW BF so much as Battlefield. You go around capturing points using infantry or vehicles and focus heavily on teamwork.
N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection, The Witcher 3
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2908-9378

#724 Last Baron

Last Baron

Mark it zero

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2009 - 04:32 AM

We're still talking about Undertow? :oldman:

#725 segaplayer

segaplayer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2009 - 04:42 AM

this thread made me remeber amazon did live marketplace and I bought dead samurai instead :P

#726 sleepydumbdude

sleepydumbdude

MASHED POTATOES!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2009 - 01:30 PM

I wish someone would leak the actually xbox deals of the week for this month. I haven't bought anything but Virtual On since because I would kick myself if it went on sale next week. Now ifI knew it wasn't for the month then I would go ahead and purchase it.

#727 Last Baron

Last Baron

Mark it zero

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2009 - 01:48 PM

Ummm, it is what the thread is titled, and it's the only one still alive at $5.

Posted Image

I stand corrected, thank you sir.

#728 foomojive

foomojive

Posted 11 May 2009 - 02:15 PM

I really like Undertow. Too bad everybody climbed on the hate train when it came out and called it a terrible game without giving it a chance. It has an interesting (although cheesy) story, multiple factions with different character types, frantic 8v8 multiplayer, co-op, some fun territories-style objective game play, 4 character types to choose from each with advantages/disadvantages, RPG-like selective leveling of character types, power-ups, and a familiar geometry wars control scheme with cool underwater visuals and sound. What's not to like?

#729 wampa8jedi

wampa8jedi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2009 - 02:21 PM

I wish someone would leak the actually xbox deals of the week for this month. I haven't bought anything but Virtual On since because I would kick myself if it went on sale next week. Now ifI knew it wasn't for the month then I would go ahead and purchase it.

I cannot conceive of them discounting it in the next month--the deals are always for very old releases.
[chipinsig]e944447abb96f9f0[/chipinsig]

#730 webdoggy

webdoggy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2009 - 02:27 PM

I cannot conceive of them discounting it in the next month--the deals are always for very old releases.

What about Flock? 5 dollars off and it wasn't even a month old.

Regardless, if you read his post he said the only thing he DID buy was Virtual On. Not that he wanted to buy it.

#731 worrybomb

worrybomb

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2009 - 02:33 PM

Not a deal, just an observation.

XBLA title "Duke Nukem 3D" seems to have climbed the "Bestsellers" chart over at the Amazon Xbox Live store. Of course the closure of 3D Realms and the cancellation of Duke Nukem Forever had some influence over it.

#732 mtxbass1

mtxbass1

This space for rent.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2009 - 03:16 PM

What about Flock? 5 dollars off and it wasn't even a month old.

Regardless, if you read his post he said the only thing he DID buy was Virtual On. Not that he wanted to buy it.

Flock was an Amazon sale. It had nothing to do with the "deal of the week" that that poster was talking about. No one has leaked the details of the deal of the week deals for May yet. That is what he's asking for.

#733 webdoggy

webdoggy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2009 - 03:27 PM

Flock was an Amazon sale. It had nothing to do with the "deal of the week" that that poster was talking about. No one has leaked the details of the deal of the week deals for May yet. That is what he's asking for.

Guess I should have read more closely. I assumed he was talking about Amazon deals since it was in a thread discussing them, not Deals of the Week. My mistake.

#734 ZeroForte

ZeroForte

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2009 - 07:20 AM

It may be time to update this thread.

http://www.amazon.co...ias=videogames
So amazon has discounted a bunch of 80's arcade games...

Thinking of picking up paperboy myself.

Edited by CheapyD, 17 May 2009 - 07:38 AM.

#735 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 17 May 2009 - 07:39 AM

Yup, in fact, I think it's time for a new thread since most of the pages in this thread are pretty useless now:

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=224639