Wii MotionPlus and Wii Sports Resort - General Info - Out now

• Please log in to reply
282 replies to this topic

#271 creid

creid

Dead For The Summer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2009 - 11:49 AM

I would probably be pissed, if TRU didn't already give me a 2nd WM+ for free.

#272 Snake2715

Snake2715

Gotta Have Your Toys...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2009 - 01:18 PM

Yeah my copy I bought off amazon arrived this week. I have yet to open it, been busy.. this kind of pisses me off.

I did get to use my $10 coupon however... so its kind of a wash.
-Josh

Posted Image
-courtesy of onetrackmind-

TRADE LIST

#273 Lone_Prodigy

Lone_Prodigy

Posted 25 September 2009 - 04:02 PM

That's lame. But I did get the NHL 2K10 M+ bundle so now I have 3 M+. :)

#274 Zing

Zing

Witty Remark Here

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2009 - 11:47 PM

I initially thought the Table Tennis was pretty good. A few months ago I started playing real table tennis. The other day I gave the Resort Table Tennis another try and it feels nothing like real table tennis. The "spins" aren't even close to reality and beating the CPU is purely mechanical.

#275 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 04 January 2010 - 03:38 PM

I realize I'm *way* late to the "party", but we just gave this to our kids for xmas and I'm wondering if anyone else has problems with the games getting out of calibration rapidly. In particular the sword play games are no fun for me because halfway through any match I end up having to hold the remote at odd angles to get it pointing the way I want to. This happened both on our Wii and my nephews', so it's not a problem with our system. It pretty much ruins sword play and also table tennis, and even the flying games and canoeing! I was paddling in canoeing just fine, for example, then halfway through the race I have to point the remote way out to the side lest it think I'm paddling on the other side of the canoe. It's pretty disappointing. I didn't see problems like this in Tiger Woods, and I don't have problems with it in some of the other games, namely bowling (which is better), frisbee, archery and basketball, which are probably my favorites anyway, so it's not a total loss.

Crunchewy.png

#276 soonersfan60

soonersfan60

Longing for retro CAG...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2010 - 04:54 PM

We never had that problem... are your batteries new?

#277 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 04 January 2010 - 05:39 PM

They are near fully charged Eneloop batteries. Interesting point, though - don't rechargeable batteries put out slightly less power then alkaline. Could that be the issue? I'll have to experiment, though if so, it's not a great solution.

EDIT: does anyone play this with a remote containing Eneloop batteries and not have this issue?

Edited by crunchewy, 04 January 2010 - 06:01 PM.

#278 Doomed

Doomed

Posted 04 January 2010 - 08:30 PM

Are you using sensor bar calibration? I turned on the auto calibrate in an area where the sensor bar can work properly, and it's fine.

sig.gif

#279 xycury

xycury

there is only one

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2010 - 09:12 PM

They are near fully charged Eneloop batteries. Interesting point, though - don't rechargeable batteries put out slightly less power then alkaline. Could that be the issue? I'll have to experiment, though if so, it's not a great solution.

EDIT: does anyone play this with a remote containing Eneloop batteries and not have this issue?

Make sure you've got some lights off. We have some lamps that throw some wicked signals and screw up the sensor.

#280 Snake2715

Snake2715

Gotta Have Your Toys...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2010 - 09:34 PM

A glass table (end table) perhaps? I know that mine will reflect some crazy signals sometimes.

Also the eneloops put out even lower Mah than other rechargeables as well... maybe that has something to do with it. Is it happening with both Wii motion plus's? Do you have two?

Seems odd it should not give you problems.

Are you initially calibrating the wiimotion +'s with them upside down and still like the picture shows.. you need to flip it and then let it rest with the pointer pointed at the screen.. it should not need to recailbrate for some time, by doing that.
-Josh

Posted Image
-courtesy of onetrackmind-

TRADE LIST

#281 basketb

basketb

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2010 - 12:25 AM

I use Eneloops too and have never had any problems, even if they are not fully charged. They work great until they have no power anymore (the latter tested only with bowling and not with sword play though).

#282 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 05 January 2010 - 02:03 AM

Are you using sensor bar calibration? I turned on the auto calibrate in an area where the sensor bar can work properly, and it's fine.

Hmm... sensor bar calibration... is that on by default? I need to check, because we do have issues with remotes as pointers sometimes, even often. Unfortunately we have no completely ideal location for the Wii. Perhaps it's seeing stray lights and calibrating to them, thus getting out of sync? Perhaps what I need to do is turn that feature off if it is on by default? Will check in a little bit. Probably I need to make substantial changes to our arrangement and TV location, but that's a bit tricky. For one thing it would involve running cables to a different side of the room. I have been thinking about doing it, but it's not a minor project.

Crunchewy.png

#283 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 05 January 2010 - 03:13 AM

Woohoo! You folks saved the game for me!!

Just realizing that the sensor bar was involved helped immensely. I hadn't realized it was even being used in the game. I tried first turning off the auto calibration but that didn't help matters, in fact seemed to make it worse, so I turned it back on, moved our sensor bar forward on the TV stand so it was right at the edge, turned off a light we have behind our TV (I knew this caused some issues, but I thought it was just a matter of causing the pointer to go a little funky on occasion when trying to select something). All that made a big difference, but another thing actually proved to be a matter of perception. I had been trying to play with only one hand on the remote. Trusting what the game was saying, and holding the remote with two hands like you would a real sword also made a difference. I think with only one hand it's easy to get lazy with the remote and not actually point it the way you want. And wow, did I have a lot of fun with the showdown mode! I got up to level 7, though I'm stuck there at the moment.

So... thanks CAG for saving the game for me!

Crunchewy.png