Photo
- - - - -

Gamestop Xbox 360 Refurb?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 alk3

alk3

Posted 14 April 2009 - 10:04 PM

have you bought an xbox 360 reurb from gamestop? how was the quality of it? good, bad, poor? how long did it last? is it causing more problems than its worth? would it be better just to buy a pro system new?
Im getting my first 360 tomorrow, probly a refurb, these are the questions i need answers to, and fast! help, should i go refurb, save some cash or go pro for the security?

Oh, and you'll be happy to know, im trading up from a wii! its about god damn time too!

#2 dinobot

dinobot

Chicken Necker?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2009 - 12:09 AM

what, wait, nooo.... stop!

GS only gives you $130 for the wii. If your wii is in good condition, many will be willing to buy it for $150 - $200 off of you.

#3 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2009 - 02:44 AM

Do not buy a used or refurb 360...ever...from anyone. It's really that simple. The only people I would buy them from are friends or family, so that way, when the system dies, at least you can send it in and get it serviced by Microsoft. Chances are, if you buy a used or refurbished system, it will have been registered by its previous owner, and you won't be able to get free service from MS.

#4 alk3

alk3

Posted 15 April 2009 - 03:02 AM

i know what ppl are willing to pay, but i want to get rid of the games ASAP and what theyre going for now will just get lower and lower. i figure i'll just get rid of them all at the same time. All i wanted to know was if it was worth the hassle of a getting a refurb, or if they truly suck a big one..

#5 s2k

s2k

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2009 - 03:36 AM

refurb anything is fine but refurb xboxs are just a bad idea. People trade in launch consoles that are on their last legs all the time. Not worth it at all

#6 maxim2boobles

maxim2boobles

AwesomeNOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2009 - 05:12 PM

GS offered me $120 for my xbox360 elite and i just laughed . do not buy a refurb console from those crooks.
Posted Image

#7 salty tbone

salty tbone

Flipmode Squad

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2009 - 05:25 PM

Many of my consoles I've bought used/refurbished, but I would never buy a refurb 360 for the same reasons others have mentioned.
[URL="http://www.goozex.com/trading/asp/goozexprofile.asp?id=558134175419"][/URL]

#8 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2009 - 07:49 PM

OP you could easily get near retail value for the Wii and your games/accessories either on here, EBay, Craigslist, or Amazon. Do not trade in a Wii at Gamestop.

Also get a new one, the 360 is the last electronic item on this planet you would want to buy refurbished. $200 for an Arcade, and Microsoft may still offer you a used 20GB HD for $30 through a program they were doing directly (may be expired, not sure.)

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#9 soulvengeance

soulvengeance

Beating dead horses

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2009 - 07:52 PM

Well, I bought a refurbed 360 about 2 years ago, it ringed in the first year. Fortunately, I got the warranty, so they gave me another one on the spot. Luckily, the one I have now is still under the rrod warranty from MS. But yeah, I would recommend getting a new one if you can.:)
mytradelist:
http://www.cheapassg...864#post2614864

Calls this what you may, but I would say that Blacks actually benefited from the slavery. Comparing the current lives of many African Americans to Africans, one can see that the former live in much better conditions with greater freedoms and opportunities.

#10 DeViLzzz2009

DeViLzzz2009

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2009 - 09:04 PM

Mine does not have a hard drive or memory built in it but I am happy with the purchase ... working fine so far

#11 Ye0ldmario

Ye0ldmario

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2009 - 09:06 PM

Sell your Wii on craigslist. You will get way more.
Posted Image

#12 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2009 - 11:26 PM

yeah you don't want to go with a used, refurbished 360

MY TRADE LIST ------ (pictures included)

#13 Chairman_LMAO

Chairman_LMAO

The Talent

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2009 - 02:48 AM

I love how most of these posts say the same thing.

#14 HydroX

HydroX

Posted 07 August 2009 - 04:45 PM

Resurrecting an old thread = Fail

I bought my first 360 refurb from Gamestop in April 08 (the day GTA4 was released). I had no trouble with it until my CoD4 somehow managed to spin off the disc tray and grind inside the system. Before that happened, I had no problems whatsoever with it. Smooth as silk. After that though, my 360 would not recognize anything in the disc tray whatsoever, so I just bought a new Jasper Arcade so I wouldn't have to deal with being without a warranty.
MLIFTgM.gif

#15 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 08 August 2009 - 06:45 PM

theres nothing wrong with buying a refurb 360.
buying a used 360 is retarted

With Gamestop, used and refurbished are the same damn thing. Just going from the 'quality' of the games, I can only imagine what the repair monkeys they have 'certifying' them at their shop do to them.

Avoid buying used/refurb consoles at all costs. Prices always go down on systems, so just wait till you can afford to BUY NEW.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#16 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2009 - 07:00 PM

I'm sure with a lot of places, "refurbished" means "we cleaned it and made sure it worked." It could just be a ticking timebomb, days or weeks away from failure.

#17 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 08 August 2009 - 07:21 PM

That was the case with a couple of my buddies with their PS2's last gen. One of them sent off their PS2 to Sony to be swapped out for a refurb. All that was wrong with theirs was the dreaded DRE. They received back one that scratched their discs, another one that was having the DRE and a bunch of other ones.

It took them about 7 systems to get one that actually worked 100% and this was from Sony themselves. He ended up having to shell out for resurfacing on the discs the one PS2 ruined and was quite pissed off with Sony after that, especially since he nitpicks and keeps his stuff mint.

My other buddy did the same routine, except he went to buy a 'refurb' from GS and had just about the same results.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image