Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (4/26/09 - 5/2/09)

• Please log in to reply
175 replies to this topic

#151 sippycupz

sippycupz

You spoony bard!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2009 - 03:20 AM

I thought they opened at 10 so I got there around 10:30 and found out it was 11 that they opened. So I just drove around and went back. 90% of the people that got their when they opened were there for the 10 dollar games.

Amazing how many people come out of nowhere to save a few bucks, or how that many people even heard about it. It's kind of like when Popeye's had this chicken deal last week that saved you like $5... the night they activated that deal, the place got packed and the drive thru line extended into the street. It's like, all this for $5? And you're wasting more money on the gas sitting in line than you save on the chicken, if you get any. People are crazy. There's a difference between being cheap and being dumb.

Anyway, hope I can find GTA Chinatown Wars at my local Best Buy

#152 bullfrog

bullfrog

Posted 28 April 2009 - 03:57 AM

007 was not 9.99. It was 29.99

#153 casual_alcoholic

casual_alcoholic

Amateur Comedian

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2009 - 05:02 AM

007 was not 9.99. It was 29.99

It was 9.99 at my best buy

#154 bummy

bummy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2009 - 03:35 PM

I saw 4 copies of GTA: CW at the Best Buy in Midtown,NY on 5th ave if anyone is looking for it.

#155 Smuglittleman

Smuglittleman

KHAAAAAAAAN!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2009 - 04:17 PM

I went to my local Best Buy today and no surprise they were sold out of Pure.

Then i headed over to Walmart and got the PM. The manager wasn't happy about it and told the clerk while I was standing there that this should not be PMed because it was probably a limited stock item at Best Buy.

Anyway, I got it for $10 so I am happy.
Posted Image

#156 Smuglittleman

Smuglittleman

KHAAAAAAAAN!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2009 - 04:20 PM

It was 9.99 at my best buy

Yeah, my Best Buy had the edition with the t-shirt for 9.99 but the standard edition was still marked at $29.
Posted Image

#157 chuckywang

chuckywang

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2009 - 04:46 PM

I got a QoS t-shirt as well, but all my BB had was XL. Anybody want to trade for an L, unworn of course?

#158 chiwii

chiwii

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2009 - 03:30 AM

Does anyone know what accessories are included in the TRU 25% Wii accessories deal? I'd like to get a Rock Band 2 guitar, but I can't find out if they're included in the sale. The website doesn't seem to be showing the sale prices.

#159 mr_burnzz

mr_burnzz

Posted 29 April 2009 - 05:15 AM

Im new to PM so if someone could inform me of the details...
Id like soul cal 4 PS3. so i print out the BB ad from this thread and show it to TRU? My TRU is right next to BB.
Say I go to wal mart. Do i ask the person who opens the glass case for the games to PM or would i go to customer service with the printed ad and request a PM?

I was gonna go to BB on the day of the sale but got backed up and it was 1ish by the time i finished and i knew my efforts were going to be in vain. But I would definately try to PM TRU, walmart or target to get soul cal 4 for $10.

another question..would some places not accept the print out ad for the PM? i could get the real ad from BB if they still have em. sorry bout the noob like questions but i just wanna seem like i know what im doing for maximum results. thanks

#160 bullfrog

bullfrog

Posted 29 April 2009 - 05:22 AM

Is there anywhere I can get an ad stating that 007 is $9.99? Where did that information come from?

#161 Got_Wii

Got_Wii

Nintendo Freak

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2009 - 01:53 PM

Does anyone know what accessories are included in the TRU 25% Wii accessories deal? I'd like to get a Rock Band 2 guitar, but I can't find out if they're included in the sale. The website doesn't seem to be showing the sale prices.

I know the Wii Points aren't included. I tried but they told me they werent considered an accessory. They need to state the accessories in the ad so all of us arent confused on what is actually on sale.

Posted Image

#162 Josef

Josef

Touched the dead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2009 - 04:06 PM

I know the Wii Points aren't included. I tried but they told me they werent considered an accessory. They need to state the accessories in the ad so all of us arent confused on what is actually on sale.

Wii points are included. I scanned them at the self service scanner and they came up $14.99 each. So unless your store is manually adjusting the prices back up to $19.99, they are included.

#163 AdamTen

AdamTen

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2009 - 07:19 PM

Didn't see this posted yet . . .

25% off Wii accessories at Toys R Us includes Wii remotes, nunchuks, classic controllers, and Wii Points cards.

I assume it also counts Wii wheels and all the third-party crap, but not SD cards and not the Zapper.

I didn't see a sign there, and I asked the clerk, who asked the manager, who said Wii accessories were not on sale. I had her ring up something anyway just to see, and ended up buying a remote, two nunchuks, a classic controller, and 3 points cards.

$30 for a Wii remote is the cheapest I've ever seen by far. Just throwing that out, if anyone needs extra remotes, now's the time.

#164 Got_Wii

Got_Wii

Nintendo Freak

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2009 - 10:37 PM

Wii points are included. I scanned them at the self service scanner and they came up $14.99 each. So unless your store is manually adjusting the prices back up to $19.99, they are included.

The points cards scanned $19.99 at my store and they said they couldnt do anything about it. What Toys R Us did you go to Josef?

Posted Image

#165 chiwii

chiwii

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2009 - 11:06 PM

Didn't see this posted yet . . .

25% off Wii accessories at Toys R Us includes Wii remotes, nunchuks, classic controllers, and Wii Points cards.

I assume it also counts Wii wheels and all the third-party crap, but not SD cards and not the Zapper.

I didn't see a sign there, and I asked the clerk, who asked the manager, who said Wii accessories were not on sale. I had her ring up something anyway just to see, and ended up buying a remote, two nunchuks, a classic controller, and 3 points cards.

$30 for a Wii remote is the cheapest I've ever seen by far. Just throwing that out, if anyone needs extra remotes, now's the time.

Wow, they're doing a great job on this sale. The website has a page that says "25% ALL Wii Accessories", and it clearly shows the zapper. None of the prices on the website are 25% off, though.

#166 Got_Wii

Got_Wii

Nintendo Freak

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2009 - 11:18 PM

Yeah my Toys R Us seems to have raised the prices back up and not be offering the deals, :cry:

Sent corporate asking if they could tell me what items this included and about my local store not having any sign or saying items werent included in the sell such as wiimote, nunchuks, points cards, etc

Posted Image

#167 SuperRipped

SuperRipped

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2009 - 02:55 AM

:cry: TRU rips you off on shipping. I had no reason this week to go up to Reno so I ordered Banjo-Kazooie:N&B off their site to use my giftcard before it expired and they charge $4.50 shipping for one game... wtf? Almost $6 after tax but meh, would have probably cost about the same in gas driving up there.
[URL="http://profile.mygamercard.net/SuperRipped"]Posted Image[/URL]

#168 Josef

Josef

Touched the dead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2009 - 05:02 AM

The points cards scanned $19.99 at my store and they said they couldnt do anything about it. What Toys R Us did you go to Josef?

I stopped by the one in Exton, PA on Monday. Now it is possible that they have raised the prices since Monday because I haven't checked since then.

#169 jdawgg76

jdawgg76

RIP Stan the Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2009 - 12:48 PM

I was told Wii points were not considered an accessory bc they are (can't remember the exact wording) basically a gift card; ie monetary value and not an accessory. Picked up the Monster component cables for 17ish after discount. Picked up a Rock Revolution at Best Buy next door (they had tons) and traded it in to blockbuster down the street for 19 and applied that to a Wii points card.
Posted Image
Waiting for: WRC 2010 and WRC 2 and WRC 3:cry:
Now playing:
:360: Forza Horizon, Halo Series
:wii: Collecting Dust
:ps3: Collecting Dust
:pc: Diablo 3, Walking Dead
When I'm not watching Grimm and Firefly on Hulu.

#170 DeathMoJo

DeathMoJo

The Navy Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2009 - 10:08 PM

I just wanted to put this out to anyone that is interested in Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars for the DS. This is a excellent adaptation of this series to the DS! It has a feel of the first two but with a very nice 3d engine for the DS. The game feels like a GTA game.

The only letdown is the cutscenes are not voice-acted but i don't expect that with the DS. The music is good. It is worth picking up for $20!

Great forum for PS Vita information: www.psvitaforum.com

United States Navy

#171 Got_Wii

Got_Wii

Nintendo Freak

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2009 - 04:17 AM

I stopped by the one in Exton, PA on Monday. Now it is possible that they have raised the prices since Monday because I haven't checked since then.

Thats weird cause I checked on Sunday about the prices of the points cards. Would they not have them in the system on sunday possibly?

Posted Image

#172 randycur0962

randycur0962

Posted 01 May 2009 - 03:55 PM

I think that $49.99 for Gears of War 2 is a resonable price.

#173 Dynasty1756

Dynasty1756

Lakers 08-09 Champs !!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2009 - 09:36 PM

thanks CheapyD...

Nuttin on sale this week other than the $10 games at BB

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#174 Koiji

Koiji

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2009 - 11:41 PM

:ps2: Free PS2 DVD Remote & 8GB Memory Card when you buy PS2 System

ouu, and 8GB memory card! =p jk

But seriously, that's some nice stuff. Thanks!

#175 chiwii

chiwii

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2009 - 12:41 AM

The TRU website now shows the sale prices for the Wii accessories. Yes, it shows the Wii points cards at 25% off. I was just able to pricematch a Rock Band 2 guitar at Best Buy for 25% off.

Too bad the website wasn't showing these prices earlier this week.

#176 Got_Wii

Got_Wii

Nintendo Freak

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2009 - 01:32 AM

Yep, I called my local TRU and they confirmed these were $14.99 in store as well. So I took a trip and picked up 3 Wii Points Cards. $48 isnt bad for 3 cards. Wonder why it took so long for these to show up on the website along with in certain stores? Also noticed at the local store they still had sale tags up for the 4/10-4/11 sale on games they had...looked like someone forget to take down the old signs.

Edited by Got_Wii, 03 May 2009 - 03:36 AM.

Posted Image