CAGplay Forecast #3: So Much Larger Than Life

shipwreck

Staff member
Feedback
91 (100%)
[preview][img-l=1]2[/img-l]Wombat & Shipwreck join forces once again in the never-ending struggle of videogame podcasting. We discuss new releases (there aren't many), videogame news (there isn't much), and answer questions from Twitter. We also leave plenty of room for you to inject your own segues, so feel free to shout out your favorite transitional phrases as you play along at home.

Special thanks to GoDaddy.com for providing CAG Foreplay listeners with a code for domain names for only $7.49 a year. Just enter code "GAMER1" when you check out to get your savings.

[podcast]62[/podcast]
Download - 80 minutes, 37MB
[/preview]

You can now subscribe to Foreplay on iTunes by clicking this link: CAG Foreplay on iTunes

You can also contact us with any questions or comments at [email protected] or [email protected].

So how about we listen, like to um, the podcast now? ( Looks at podcast thread, 5 seconds of silence, pause.)

My best segway attempt, sorry.

[quote name='Blackout']No Cheapy D= Fail.[/quote]

Actually, I didn't want to say this because it makes me sound like a creepy wombat stalker, but it was nice to hear Wombat without Cheapy constantly berating him. I personally think Wombat brings a lot of talent, enough for a podcast without Cheapy. Anything with Wombat can not be fail, only win.

[quote name='mrfreeziexp']Actually, I didn't want to say this because it makes me sound like a creepy wombat stalker, but it was nice to hear Wombat without Cheapy constantly berating him. I personally think Wombat brings a lot of talent, enough for a podcast without Cheapy. Anything with Wombat can not be fail, only win.[/quote]

I was just joking around, but I do prefer the Cheapy/Wombat combo.

Here is how the SD card system on the Wii works.

In order to play a game from the SD card, you copy it over to your internal memory, but it is still only launchable from the SD card menu. The game remains hidden on your internal memory until you load another game from the SD card. You STILL have to have that much memory in order to play the game.

Examples:
You have 200 blocks free on your Wii, and want to play Strong Bad Episode 1 from your SD card, which is 350 blocks. You can't. You have to clear up some space until you have 350 free blocks.

You have 200 blocks free on your Wii, and want to play Link to the Past from your SD Card, a 41 block game. You can. And until you load up another game (Say Super Metroid) from your SD card, you won't have to "load" it onto your system over and over again, even if you turn it off.

Wow Wombat you think Cheapy's stories are to long? You don't care about his lunches?

The listeners love them and we do care

Somebody forgot who this is for...

3? is this a rerun or did you guys miss counted?

Edit: uh wait... I was thinking of foreplay

Last edited by a moderator:
Instead of disenfranchising a minority whose only crime is admitting to their sexuality, Microsoft needs to aggressively seek out and destroy the ever growing population fucktards who go after those they deem different.

Good show no Cheapy.
A little bit boring but, Cheapy adds and takes away
as he often runs OOC w/ audience but, adds 'flavor.'
I would just like to know, if Cheapy was trying to outright insult me or not?

As far as the whole sexuality on XBL. I think they should seperate those who sign up as casual, hardcore etc. If you want to be hardcore then say, your a swinging guy who likes to have sex with pigs for all of me.

800px-Skyline_4-way.jpg

Looks good.

I enjoyed the discussion about the spin on Sony numbers. As a marketing man in the music industry, I completely get what they were trying to do here. Wombat is right in saying that those numbers are an important marketing tool for investors. When you start talking about market share, everything is expressed in percentages, not real dollars. Yes, the bottom line is the most important thing, but gaining market share and consumer recognition is the gateway to boosting the bottom line.

I've been more and more impressed with Wombat's understanding of marketing/PR in videogames, and he should really work on landing a job in the industry, at least at a rudimentary level. Not bad for a Film & History major ;)

[quote name='CaptNink']The lack of energy on that show was outstanding. Sorry guys, but it was.[/quote]

agreed

still it killed some time. I usually have it on in the background while I am chillaxing.

Ship and Wombat you know if you are buying an xbox these days, you can always check the Manufacturing date, anything after the middle of 2003 won't have the Thompson drive. Overall the show was entertaining, nice work guys.

I Like CheapyD's long ass stories. It adds all the more feel that it's a different podcast from everyone else. No offense to Wombat and Shipwreck, but the show was too slow paced and took itself more seriously then it should compared to listening to Cheapy and Wombat banter back and forth at each other.

Good show; not enough racism, hate, sexism and alike though. I guess no Cheapy results in that.

Wombat did you really get a code from Capcom for the Resident Evil 5 DLC? I would not of thought after you've burnt Capcom on the CAG Cast over the last couple of shows.. well actually Cheapy has, you said nice things about Res 5. Maybe they done it to piss cheapy off even more :lol:

I was just thinking my CAGCast needed more Shipwreck. Great show guys, you could talk about food the whole time and I'd be happy ;)

I too like Cheapy's long ass stories though, it's why I listen to him. I don't really agree with his taste in games and usually he doesn't know what he's talking about but damn he's entertaining.

If I wants to know about some games, I'll always listen to Shipwreck first - he knows what's up.

Nice show guys, thank you for providing it for us!

I'd like to make a few observations though, so we can get better shows in the future ;) :

1- I don't really think it helps the show when you say "this one will be terrible". It kind puts me in a bad mood for the rest of the show, maybe I'm not the only one;

2- To me, a successful podcast works like this: Host A present topic, host B comment, host A replies, maybe host A or B say something funny. I think that in the CAGcast, Host A is Cheapy, Host B is Wombat, which is great. Some for CagForeplay: Host A is Mr Ship, Host B is Mrs. Ship. I think Host B needs to be a little more contraversial or funny to work, so, in the CAGForecast show like it is now, Wombat is host A and Mr. Ship is host B, and the show doesn't flow so well. Maybe you guys should flip positions next time!

3- We need more Mrs. Shipwreck... in any show, I don't care! Her voice just make me feel calm lol.

Well, that's what I have to say about this show, some interesting points made by both. Looking forward for CagCast, CagForeplay and even CagForecast!

Wombat should not be allowed to do any other podcast except for the Cagcast. I hate it when he is away from Cheapy and acts like a Podcasting Princess. Wombat is and has always been the CagCast whipping boy and thats where he belongs. Cheapy - put this marsupial in his place!

How old is Mrs. Shipwreck? When they talked about having kids they made it sound like she was really alot younger than Ship.

I am 27 (28 on Monday :) Ship is the big 3-0! Not too young to have kids, but I just graduated 2 years ago. I want to be a vet for a while before taking on the mom role.

[quote name='mrs. shipwreck']I am 27 (28 on Monday :) Ship is the big 3-0! Not too young to have kids, but I just graduated 2 years ago. I want to be a vet for a while before taking on the mom role.[/quote]

you will have the luckiest kids in the world. :)

[quote name='dmrx24']
800px-Skyline_4-way.jpg

Looks good.[/quote]

I am not putting down Skyline nor Gold Star. I mean every time I visit Cinci, I have to eat at either establishment for every meal, at least.

But the best place for Greek-style chili is Acropolis Chili on Calhoun St. Try it.

[quote name='mrs. shipwreck']I am 27 (28 on Monday :) Ship is the big 3-0! Not too young to have kids, but I just graduated 2 years ago. I want to be a vet for a while before taking on the mom role.[/quote]

Oh that age gap is nothing. I thought it was a little bigger.

Happy Birthday for Monday too!

I enjoyed the show. Sure, it wasn't a normal CAGCast, but it was still entertaining to listen to and helped me get through a BORING day at work. I personally don't miss the poop stories. ;)

I didn't see it mentioned here and I guess it doesn't matter that much, but Peggle DS has had a price drop to $20. At $30 it wasn't worth it, but for $20, I'm probably going to try to find it so that when I'm on travel I can have some nice mindless entertainment. Travel and bed. Sometimes, when I'm trying to fall asleep, I want to play something that requires no real brain power.

/tk

[quote name='terpkristin']I didn't see it mentioned here and I guess it doesn't matter that much, but Peggle DS has had a price drop to $20. At $30 it wasn't worth it, but for $20, I'm probably going to try to find it so that when I'm on travel I can have some nice mindless entertainment.[/tk[/quote]

Do you know if there is a difference between the DS version and the iPod version? I think I paid $5 for the iPod version and love it, but even $20 (as opposed to $30) for the same thing on the DS seems extremely pricey (especially since I don't carry my DS everywhere but I always have my iPod with me.) Are there more levels? Does the touch screen add an exciting new level of play?

[quote name='Gillespee']Do you know if there is a difference between the DS version and the iPod version? I think I paid $5 for the iPod version and love it, but even $20 (as opposed to $30) for the same thing on the DS seems extremely pricey (especially since I don't carry my DS everywhere but I always have my iPod with me.) Are there more levels? Does the touch screen add an exciting new level of play?[/QUOTE]

The DS version includes both Peggle and the sequel Peggle Nights along with some DS exclusive levels, so $20 is not too bad of a price for it.

Thanks for the show. It did seem you guys were exhausted as the energy level was low. I appreciate wombat and shipwrecks efforts to putting out material when cheapy isn't able to participate. Cheapy's long ass stories are a key to the enjoyment of the CagCast.

[quote name='Gillespee']Do you know if there is a difference between the DS version and the iPod version? I think I paid $5 for the iPod version and love it, but even $20 (as opposed to $30) for the same thing on the DS seems extremely pricey (especially since I don't carry my DS everywhere but I always have my iPod with me.) Are there more levels? Does the touch screen add an exciting new level of play?[/quote]

As ship said, the DS version has Peggle, Peggle Nights, as well as some DS-exclusive boards, including a couple that use both screens.

I have the iPod version, too, though it drains my battery so I don't play it terribly often. I think the DS version is good, but it really depends on when you'd play. Me, I anticipate playing while on travel (and I'm doing a lot of that right now for work) and I have been playing while trying to unwind right before bed.

My copy of Peggle DS also came with a survey thingie that if you do it, you can get Bejeweled to download to your PC for free. Not that it's that great a perk, but a nice little throw-in.

/tk

bread's done
Back