XBLA - Marvel vs. Capcom 2 - 1200pts

• Please log in to reply
426 replies to this topic

#331 V4Oldboy

V4Oldboy

Vengeance 4 Oldboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2009 - 01:34 PM

gah, the demo is the PSN one. Local only. What a godawful waste of a 200mb download.

So from what I've read the online is fine? Dealbreaker on this game

"You WROTE it, you can't UN-WRITE it!" - Maurice LaMarche

[if you need help funding a PSN gameshare (US) I'm happy to help out fellow CAGs (PM me) as long as you are patient.]

#332 raizanillusion

raizanillusion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2009 - 01:53 PM

Well back to practice mode for me. I have it the on 360 and will get it on the PS3. Hit me up if interested.
Posted Image

Currently Playing:
:360: - UMvC3, Forza Horizon
:ps3: - UMvC3, Street Fighter x Tekken

#333 tankass

tankass

Badass Mutha

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2009 - 02:37 PM

Anyone else dissapointed that the people getting it on PSN gotta wait 2 more weeks? I was just gonna buy it on xbox but dont own an arcade stick (prefer the PS controller anyway) and my one buddy only owns PS3. Damn, all this talk of people playing is driving me nuts. About to just double dip and get it for both systems but being too much of a CAG to do it.

#334 Puffa469

Puffa469

is too Pro Shops

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2009 - 02:45 PM

So DL'd and started playing last night (I suck!) and teh funnies happened.

I was Jill Valentine and I summoned a Zombie. Then I summoned a Raven, which flew down and hit the zombie in the back of the head, knocking it over. But the zombie fell forward, right at the feet of my opponent and it quickly grabbed their legs and started munching.

It's like a retarded combo!

Originally Posted by wubb Posted Image
Puffa is pretty much always dead on.

#335 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2009 - 03:12 PM

I got hosed out of 2 achievements.

I beat the game with a Street Fighter team: Ken, Ryu, & Akuma...no achievement.
I beat a guy in under 15seconds...no achievement.

Any of you guys having issues with achievements?

#336 naiku

naiku

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2009 - 03:58 PM

gah, the demo is the PSN one. Local only. What a godawful waste of a 200mb download.

So from what I've read the online is fine? Dealbreaker on this game

online is good...I had 1 laggy ranked match last night. played 20games. I actually faught him twice, the second time it was smooth so I dunno what the deal w/ that 1 game. :whee: best game to compare it to is sf2hdr since it probably uses the same netcode.

I noticed in player match rooms if you pick low tier typically other players will pick the same type of characters. But if u go all santhrax(storm, sent, capcom) they will pull out higher tier characters as well. so im definitely digging online. ranked obviously u wanna pick the best characters to win. quarter rooms are great fun.
Posted Image

#337 ZerotypeX

ZerotypeX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2009 - 04:11 PM

Damn, all this talk of people playing is driving me nuts. About to just double dip and get it for both systems but being too much of a CAG to do it.

you can also do gamesharing to help lower the cost if you are going to double dip
Currently Playing:
with myself

Posted Image

#338 doodle777_98

doodle777_98

Trade me your nes games.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2009 - 04:22 PM

I got hosed out of 2 achievements.

I beat the game with a Street Fighter team: Ken, Ryu, & Akuma...no achievement.
I beat a guy in under 15seconds...no achievement.

Any of you guys having issues with achievements?

i hear that you also can't continue.

Read my Short Stories on deviant Art.
Ebay stuff: I always have stuff on ebay. $2 off shipping for CAGs
swagbucks-468x60.jpg

#339 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2009 - 04:54 PM

Well then...that's where I failed :oops:

Except for the beat a guy in under 15secs. no Idea why I didn't get that one. Tried it twice and nothing...maybe cause I tried in 'easy' instead of normal?

#340 nnthomas

nnthomas

meeble meeble

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2009 - 05:03 PM

15 secs is for beating the entire team, not just one person. I got it just fine. Just do Magneto's Down+Y attack.

And yes, you can't continue for the "team" achievements.
Posted Image

#341 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2009 - 05:11 PM

15 secs is for beating the entire team, not just one person. I got it just fine. Just do Magneto's Down+Y attack.

And yes, you can't continue for the "team" achievements.

Entire team :shock:

Thanks for the tip on Magneto, I'll have to try that later today.

#342 zewone

zewone

Thursday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2009 - 05:28 PM

Well then...that's where I failed :oops:

Except for the beat a guy in under 15secs. no Idea why I didn't get that one. Tried it twice and nothing...maybe cause I tried in 'easy' instead of normal?

Entire team and I'm pretty sure you have to do it on multiplayer, not single.

#343 BlueScrote

BlueScrote

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2009 - 05:33 PM

What arcade sticks is everybody using? I've perused the Arcade stick thread, and it seems I want a HAPP stick for MVC2, but I'm not particularly sure where I would get one for a decent price.

If HAPP sticks aren't actually available for retail (i.e. you need to mod it in), what other sticks have a nice hard spring to the stick thats good for MvC2?

I ask here instead of the stick thread because, well, The only fighting game I'm really playing at the moment is MVC2 so I figured I'd ask those who are playing it :roll:

#344 zewone

zewone

Thursday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2009 - 05:34 PM

I'm using a TE.

#345 Deadpool 3.0

Deadpool 3.0

Deadpool 3.0

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2009 - 05:37 PM

Entire team, and it has to be multi-player. You might as well give up on that one Linkin. ;)

deadpool_signature_by_hsalpihw-d38xyht.p

#346 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2009 - 06:10 PM

Entire team, and it has to be multi-player. You might as well give up on that one Linkin. ;)

I thought I saw Arcade...if that's the case I know I won't be getting that one unless I'm boosting with someone :oops:

#347 BustaUppa

BustaUppa

what it is right now

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2009 - 06:19 PM

What arcade sticks is everybody using? I've perused the Arcade stick thread, and it seems I want a HAPP stick for MVC2, but I'm not particularly sure where I would get one for a decent price.

If HAPP sticks aren't actually available for retail (i.e. you need to mod it in), what other sticks have a nice hard spring to the stick thats good for MvC2?

I ask here instead of the stick thread because, well, The only fighting game I'm really playing at the moment is MVC2 so I figured I'd ask those who are playing it :roll:

Unfortunately there really isn't any retail option for a HAPP-style stick. There are some independent companies like Arcade In A Box that will make them though. So you could go for something like this: http://aiabstore.com...12&productId=12 It costs more than a T.E. but if you are dead-set on using HAPP style controls (which I can understand!) then it's one of your best bets.

Your only other option would be to contact a custom stick builder or order a bunch of parts yourself! Believe me though, I feel your pain, I put a lot of time and thought (and $$$) into getting a custom U.S.A. style joystick setup for my 360!

If you aren't that committed to HAPP though then you might as well get a T.E. as others have suggested. It seems to be the best out-of-the-box Japanese style joystick out there, and it was designed by a CAG!

#348 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2009 - 06:23 PM

Capcom/MadCatz should have released MvC2 themed joysticks and game pads like they did with SFIV.

#349 naiku

naiku

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2009 - 06:54 PM

tbh I dont care for happs sticks at all. I know they are the favorite amongst mvc2 players but the HappComp stick I had had a crazy spring in it. if u hold left and let go it would bounce and input right. then again i started play mvc2 at a namco arcade which had it in a jap cabinet so I got used to that layout and stick.

It would be awesome for madcatz to create another stick but w/ all the planning and work they put into the sf4 stick I dont see it happening for this game. Also note I do not believe u can swap a happ comp stick into a SF4 TE stick. believe the mounting plate is different and also its way too long.
Edit:
http://i148.photobuc...iku/happ-te.jpg
if u can somehow jam it into the case...it will be practically attached to the bottom of the case

Edited by naiku, 30 July 2009 - 07:09 PM.

Posted Image

#350 BustaUppa

BustaUppa

what it is right now

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2009 - 07:06 PM

tbh I dont care for happs sticks at all. I know they are the favorite amongst mvc2 players but the HappComp stick I had had a crazy spring in it. if u hold left and let go it would bounce and input right and left again. then again i started play mvc2 at a namco arcade which had it in a jap cabinet so I got used to that layout and stick.

I had a HAPP stick where I managed to get just the right amount of spring in it, so if you gave it a deliberate downward flick it would register an "up" input on the recoil. It was great for teleports in Mortal Kombat and I imagine it would have been handy for super-jumps in the Vs games as well.

That was on my semi-retired "backup" stick though (X-arcade, I didn't know better!). I'd love to get a similar springiness on my new stick... I'm afraid of getting it TOO springy though cuz I'd hate to be triggering things by accident (just like you were talking about)!

#351 naiku

naiku

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2009 - 07:17 PM

That was on my semi-retired "backup" stick though (X-arcade, I didn't know better!). I'd love to get a similar springiness on my new stick... I'm afraid of getting it TOO springy though cuz I'd hate to be triggering things by accident (just like you were talking about)!

same boat man. I had an xarcade because i was young and didn't know better. Did swap the parts out for all happ comp. I would like to have a stick thats somewhere inbetween happ and sanwa. happ u gotta put a little arm into it, sanwa I like the percision but I beat the shit of the thing and fear for its life.

Did anyone start up a MVC2 game night for cags? I would love to play some of you guys just casual fun like Team Jill, Stryder, Doom.
Posted Image

#352 benjamouth

benjamouth

It's a Bobby Dazzler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2009 - 07:25 PM

I thought I saw Arcade...if that's the case I know I won't be getting that one unless I'm boosting with someone :oops:

You might be able to get it against a second controller on your 360, if it just says multiplayer and not online multiplayer or Ranked Match.

MST3K.gif

the+Woodmeister.pngr3jm5K2gQUCv3J-E0gqcBQ2.gif

#353 Gothic Walrus

Gothic Walrus

Goo Goo G'Joob.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2009 - 07:58 PM

I played for an hour with sean last night...and maybe won one match. :lol:

Button mashing actually worked okay for the characters I'd never used before, although my opponents never had much trouble taking me down in those matches.

Servbot vs. Servbot was a LOT of fun. :D

Also wanted to add that this is the only fighting game in which I don't get mad or frustrated after losing.

Same here. Maybe it's because I'm going in expecting to lose.

So DL'd and started playing last night (I suck!) and teh funnies happened.

I was Jill Valentine and I summoned a Zombie. Then I summoned a Raven, which flew down and hit the zombie in the back of the head, knocking it over. But the zombie fell forward, right at the feet of my opponent and it quickly grabbed their legs and started munching.

It's like a retarded combo!

I need to give that one a shot. That sounds like the dumbest combo ever...but it worked.

Looking to play some people tonight, hopefully in about an hour or so.

I'll incentivize - you WILL win against me. Sure, I'll flail around like a dork and attempt to play, but you WILL win.

So hit me up if anyone is lookin' to throw down.

You're on, Strell. I'm going to do my best to out-lose you.

ah, a voice of logic in the form of a walrus

#354 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2009 - 08:08 PM

They WILL, but for Marvel vs Capcom 3 using the SF4 engine.

or Marvel vs Capcom 2 HD Remix using the, Tatsunoko vs. Capcom Engine which was specifically designed to be compatible with Marvel vs Capcom 2, note how the power moves, and character switching is just like MvC2 .

I know it's wishful thinking but I do hope that this game makes a good chunk of change and we end up seeing a next gen MvC3

#355 decrot

decrot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2009 - 08:23 PM

I know it's wishful thinking but I do hope that this game makes a good chunk of change and we end up seeing a next gen MvC3

I hope they don't make another MvsC. 2 is enough. im glad that they made a tasunko vs. capcom instead if using the same marvel characters over and over again. time to venture into different territory.
SSBB: 0001-2984-4776/ Decrt
MKWii: 1418-7101-3060

#356 LostRoad

LostRoad

I just want to wake up.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2009 - 08:37 PM

The problem in TvC is that looping is a huge problem in that game. I have yet to come across any other fighter that has had such a large looping problem. Hope they fix it in the NA release but I doubt it.
No matter how good looking she is, some one some where is sick of her shit.

Posted Image

#357 Link927

Link927

Work In Progress

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2009 - 09:02 PM

Anyone find the Madcatz SFIV gamepad to be helpful, my thumbs cant take anymore of the 360 D-pad, that one doesnt look too bad.

Nothing to see here, move along!

#358 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2009 - 09:04 PM

Anyone find the Madcatz SFIV gamepad to be helpful, my thumbs cant take anymore of the 360 D-pad, that one doesnt look too bad.

That's what I'm using. It totally helps a ton, but a joystick might be better. It still cramps up your hands a bit after an hour or so YMMV on that ofcourse.

#359 flybrione

flybrione

Guitar Solo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2009 - 09:18 PM

I am so mad! I downloaded this yesterday when I got home from work and then later when I was going to play it my console Red Ringed on me!

#360 Link927

Link927

Work In Progress

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2009 - 09:23 PM

That's what I'm using. It totally helps a ton, but a joystick might be better. It still cramps up your hands a bit after an hour or so YMMV on that ofcourse.

I've been switching back and forth, but I just get a better response with the d-pad. I havent had much problem with other fighting games, but MvC2 has shown me that I need a controller that can get me a better response. I might pick one up later today on Amazon, unless someone else knows of a cheaper option ;)

Nothing to see here, move along!