Photo
- - - - -

Huge $10 Best Buy Sale - Starts 4/26 - Now Online!

• Please log in to reply
5397 replies to this topic

#2311 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2009 - 08:48 PM

It is technically a sale and the advertisement says that it is a sale, not a clearance, so there is no reason for the stores to deny price matching.

Really? If this is just a regular sale, does that mean they'll be getting more of these games in stock after they sell out?

#2312 Shimrra

Shimrra

Hello Ladies !!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2009 - 08:53 PM

I was surprise to see how many 007 with t-shirts they had on the shelves at the BB I was at last night. The only thing is that none of them had the BB stickers on them.

A beautiful 35-year-old ain’t as as good lookin’ as an ugly 19-year-old. Women expect us to like them but they don’t even like each other” Patrice O’neal

Shimrra74.png2rfy52g.jpg

#2313 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2009 - 08:55 PM

Damn I just looked at the scan for the ad and they have gta:ctw for 19.99 =/

Well I went to BB and picked up 3 games, Bourne Conspiracy, Silent Hill and 007. The idiots charged me twice for Bourne and didn't charge me for Silent Hill. I called them and let them know what they did. I just hope they don't give me crap when I try and get the sale adjustment.

#2314 Britshady

Britshady

Own Them All

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2009 - 08:57 PM

Why people keep putting that the T-shirt bundle is the only version doesn't make sense. Not only is the standard version stickered at many of our Best Buys, why would they want to get rid of the shirt ones and not the others? My Best Buy has about 12 copies of the standard version and I doubt they've sold more than 2 since it was released. They want them gone and even with this sale I don't know if they'd sale them all.

Also on another topic, if you get some sort of dick customer service person that actually tries to deny the price adjustment, (very unlikely), then just try the return/rebuy to make them look stupid. If they deny that then wait until next Sunday, when the games are no longer on sale, to return them and they can have them sit on the shelves forever.

The purpose for sales is to sale stuff. SHOCKING! I know. So for over 2,000 posts people have argued that they will turn people down on prices when that makes no sense. Considering I can match this ad at many other stores that would be pretty stupid for them to do and lose even more money than they are by having this sale.

Posted Image

Collection (Hasn't been updated in YEARS!)
http://users.ign.com...ction/BritShady

#2315 KongaKing

KongaKing

He who will save us all

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2009 - 08:59 PM

Why people keep putting that the T-shirt bundle is the only version doesn't make sense. Not only is the standard version stickered at many of our Best Buys, why would they want to get rid of the shirt ones and not the others?

Space. The tshirt one is about the size of 4 normal size games. (Note, I don't know or care what/if all versions are on sale, just saying a reason why that sku would go but not the other)

#2316 AznTakumi

AznTakumi

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2009 - 09:01 PM

Just call my local bestbuy and they had no clue about a sale..

#2317 Skeletor United

Skeletor United

Posted 25 April 2009 - 09:01 PM

Really? If this is just a regular sale, does that mean they'll be getting more of these games in stock after they sell out?

that is a good question. Honestly, Id rather wait until the day of the sale rather than getting stuck with the game at full price.

[quote]Most people are other people.

#2318 GoreObsessed

GoreObsessed

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2009 - 09:02 PM

I juat came from my local best buy and they have a mess of copies of all the titles.. the only one they diddnt have was too human.... can't wait for tomorrow! :) will the sale be online as well??

Mytrade list.....

http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=95766

#2319 bmore007

bmore007

Posted 25 April 2009 - 09:04 PM

Will Silent Hill for the PS3 be 10 bucks? only 360 is listed there

#2320 TortillaSoup

TortillaSoup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2009 - 09:07 PM

Why would they talk about an upcoming sale over the phone?

"Oh sure, the game you want is gonna be 30 dollars cheaper tomorrow, don't come in today!"

#2321 Slermy

Slermy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2009 - 09:10 PM

I just came back from the Gaithersburg, MD store with Infinite Undiscovery and it already rang up at $10. YMMV of course, but it looks like this store might already have their sale active.

#2322 Ice2Dragon

Ice2Dragon

Cuckoo For Killing Stuff

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2009 - 09:10 PM

Lol....

The most important question to ask is if I can kill someone with the Batrang

#2323 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 25 April 2009 - 09:22 PM

I just came back from the Gaithersburg, MD store with Infinite Undiscovery and it already rang up at $10. YMMV of course, but it looks like this store might already have their sale active.

No, its mainly only Infinite Undiscovery and that one is not YMMV since it doesnt require a manager override or price adjustment and the register automatically drops the price down when the cashier hits total, so has nothing to do with YMMV for Infinite Undiscovery.

mew.gif?t=1406933044mew2.gif?t=1406933043

#2324 Poorleno

Poorleno

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2009 - 09:23 PM

Neither of these games have trophies so I would say the 360 versions. There may have been some problems with the PS3 versions of those games, I would check the IGN reviews for specifics but definately the PS3 versions on those two games.

LoL just get he 360 versions.
Posted Image

#2325 Blumpkin

Blumpkin

Has a bad case of diarrhea

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2009 - 09:24 PM

My store opens at 11 tomarrow and I intend on being there. I still haven't heard anything official about this sale and I hope it's real. But I'm not going to be one of the people buying in advance and price adjusting later, or hiding video games in refridgerators so I can pull them out the day of the sale. If it's on sale and they have it I'll be happy, if not then all well.

16Z462z.jpg

#2326 BillyDKid

BillyDKid

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2009 - 09:25 PM

my Best Buy has all the same games on the shelf I saw there a week ago. No sign of anyone buying/hoarding/hiding in advance. Everything was stickered now except C&C: Red Alert for some reason. Maybe they were too lazy because they were all in security cases but I saw other games with the sticker that were in security cases...
Posted Image

#2327 uricmu

uricmu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2009 - 09:25 PM

I'm thinking of picking up UT3 for the 360. Are there still people playing that game on Live? I usually play Halo3 and want some other Slayer game.

#2328 johnmstewart

johnmstewart

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2009 - 09:28 PM

Still tons of games at my BB...didnt see any Too Human though :(
Click the Picture to see My TradeList!

Posted Image

#2329 Unstopabull

Unstopabull

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2009 - 09:33 PM

This add got me here so thanks to the original poster. I went to my BB today and the Manager said they will price adjust the games so I bought Pure, 007, Soul Caliber, Singstar and Bolt for the kids and will price adjust later. My store had most games so I guess I am lucky. Thanks again for the info eveyone and good luck!

#2330 SpaceInsomniac

SpaceInsomniac

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2009 - 09:34 PM

Also on another topic, if you get some sort of dick customer service person that actually tries to deny the price adjustment, (very unlikely), then just try the return/rebuy to make them look stupid.

At my store (not Best Buy), people who try to do this are in for a rude awakening. If you return something, it goes back into the return room and waits until an associate puts it back on the floor. We offer just about unlimited time to do returns, so if we didn't do this customers could take advantage of us by returning the same thing over and over again as it got cheaper and cheaper.

We don't price adjust clearance either, but we also don't put "clearance" merchandise in our freaking sales ad.

#2331 Disneyboy

Disneyboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2009 - 09:34 PM

My store opens at 11 tomarrow and I intend on being there. I still haven't heard anything official about this sale and I hope it's real. But I'm not going to be one of the people buying in advance and price adjusting later, or hiding video games in refridgerators so I can pull them out the day of the sale. If it's on sale and they have it I'll be happy, if not then all well.

So are the ad scans posted several times throughout the thread not official enough for you? I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and just say you didnt see them.

#2332 opterasis

opterasis

Bullhonkery!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2009 - 09:40 PM

So are the ad scans posted several times throughout the thread not official enough for you? I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and just say you didnt see them.

The ads have obviously been photoshopped.
My Bluray owned list

http://www.points2sh...p?ref=opterasis

What I've gotten free from points2shop *updated* 1/16/12!
Spoiler

#2333 Lord Hamm

Lord Hamm

Give me a Dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2009 - 09:40 PM

I'd rather all these deals go to CAG's instead of any morons that heard through SD, FW, GameFAQS, Destructiod and every other fleabait forum out there....

Even if it is for Ebay hoarding, flipping or trading....

So get out there and buy your games early CAG!!!!
Posted Image
Posted Image

#2334 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 25 April 2009 - 09:46 PM

At my store (not Best Buy), people who try to do this are in for a rude awakening. If you return something, it goes back into the return room and waits until an associate puts it back on the floor. We offer just about unlimited time to do returns, so if we didn't do this customers could take advantage of us by returning the same thing over and over again as it got cheaper and cheaper.

We don't price adjust clearance either, but we also don't put "clearance" merchandise in our freaking sales ad.

Who needs to price adjust, lol. And there is no "return room" you are speaking of. I mean I know you work for BB and are trying to make sure not too many people do this, but dont feed them false information either. This is 5 years of BB here talking, so dont try to pull that crap.

Employees will put the return products in what is called the "go-backs" section, which is not exactly rocket science to figure out what that means, and generally they dont even put them back until someone from that department comes to pick it up, or they bring it out to the floor to the departments, but usually theyre pretty busy, so it would be the first thing. And price adjusting does work on clearance items, or "deleted" "discontinued" items as BB refers to them, since first off, they can return it and purchase it immediately, and second, well, they can return it and purchase it again. Only time items will be marked to not be given back to the customer is if they were outlet items and to be sent back to the BB warehouse in your territory, which these games are not at the moment. Eventually, but as of right now they are not outlet items.

And price adjustment only works with the original purchase date. If you brought it back and repurchased it, that actually isnt allowed since you can actually pull it up in the system and check when the original purchase date was the first time. But thats the point of a price guarantee. It is not to adjust for sale prices, it is to adjust for prices that fall within the return period. It is not like a price matching policy for other stores, that BB will not match clearance prices from other stores, but some managers may override that and allow it, so its not unheard of.

A lot of people have invested of lot of time into this thread, and I understand you work at BB and hate all these people hoarding and bringing them back afterwards to match it, but its part of the system BB put in place, and nothing is getting abused since its all within their store policies. Anywhoooooooo. :bouncy::bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:

P.S. Didnt read you didnt work for BB, my bad, lol. But this is how BB works, so dont worry about it. ;P

#2335 donteatsoap7

donteatsoap7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2009 - 09:47 PM

So tomorrow I'm either getting UT3 or Pure.
Any suggestions on which one?

#2336 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 25 April 2009 - 09:48 PM

So tomorrow I'm either getting UT3 or Pure.
Any suggestions on which one?

Both? Theyre $9.99! Come on! :o

#2337 donteatsoap7

donteatsoap7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2009 - 09:50 PM

Both? Theyre $9.99! Come on! :o

haha, Well I have $40 so I've decided on DMC4, SC4, possibly Condemned 2, and either UT3 or Pure.

#2338 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 25 April 2009 - 09:51 PM

haha, Well I have $40 so I've decided on DMC4, SC4, possibly Condemned 2, and either UT3 or Pure.

I see...well personally Id just get UT3. If you were a fan of the original UT, this is actually a little bit more to original UT, instead of UT2 which was relatively disappointing.

#2339 SpaceInsomniac

SpaceInsomniac

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2009 - 09:52 PM

P.S. Didnt read you didnt work for BB, my bad, lol. But this is how BB works, so dont worry about it. ;P

I'm kinda glad you misread my post, as I learned a lot about BB returns. :)

#2340 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 25 April 2009 - 09:52 PM

I'm kinda glad you misread my post, as I learned a lot about BB returns. :)

Seriously huh? :bouncy::bouncy::bouncy: