[Closed] Show Us Your X-Blades Contest - Win a $500 Gift Card from CAG!

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
UPDATE:

I'd like to congratulate Mad D for winning the X-Blades contest! He will be receiving a $500 Target gift card and a copy of X-Blades for the PS3.

It was incredibly difficult to choose a winner. There were 5 or 6 really great entries, all of which were very close in quality. I want to thank everyone who participated in the contest, especially those who put in a lot of hours putting together something nice.

[img-l=5198]6392[/img-l]To help promote the hack & slash action game X-Blades' new rebate offer,
9061-77278-27039-4
CAG is pleased to announce this sponsored Show Us Your X-Blades Contest.

To enter the contest, you must submit (as a comment/reply to this post) either an original video, graphic, or other form of media showcasing either, "X", "Blades" or both. My favorite entry will receive the grand prize of a $500 gift card to the retailer of their choice and a copy of X-Blades.

Contest entries must be posted by 4/27/09 11:59PM EST. USA residents only. Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
fatwolverine.jpg

"Nothing can be this awful, yet I find myself straining to look over my shoulder. I don't know how long I can hold out. I am lost, but you may yet save yourselves. Save yourselves from this game."

Scott Sharkey, X-Blades Review

Edit: I had some more time this weekend, so I remade my entry. Took the old one down. My new one can be found further down in the thread.

Alright. Here is my entry.
Please note a few things before viewing.

1.) It is behind the spoiler tag for the protection of your eyes and your sanity.
2.) I Naired my stomach so I could get the tattoo on there.
3.) Yes, we used marker.
4.) No, it's not coming off that well.
5.) I don't have a blonde wig, so we used a cheese head. The cat wouldn't sit still or we would've used him.
6.) I did my best to re-create the pose used in the contest promo picture. I hope I did it justice.

On that note, VIEWER DISCRETION ADVISED.

xcam.jpg

Photos of Tempest shot during play, by recording each second of the entire game frame by frame, resulting in the X pattern. Credit to Rosemary Fiore.

fiore2.jpg

[quote name='Strell']I'm awaiting the Man-Faye videos this contest is almost assured to give us.[/quote]

Be very happy I don't have some white lingerie to wear, or I would so go grab two swords and do that... I was very tempted. I was even going to dye my leghair. =P

Alright! Totally going to get in on this, I guess I'm reserving this post?

EDIT: Alright, here it is, feast your eyes on THIS.

xbladesq.jpg

i hope you guys like my entry. As you can probably tell, I put a lot of effort into this :)
04202009008.jpg

disregard the layer of gross... stuff thats on the countertop :/

bread's done
Back