GOG - 20% Fallout trilogy (Fallout 1, 2, & Tactics)

[quote name='Idx86']With GOG you can burn the games to a DVD, correct? I like having a hard copy.[/QUOTE]

Yep! You actually own it so you can put it on DVD to back it up. I plan on doing that too so I don't lose stuff if my drive dies (well, plus so I don't have to leave it on there taking up space).

This is sooooo cool they're doing these deals now too.

I'm not sure, but this might stack with the EICA coupon?

[quote name='kipz']Does this work with the ECA discount?[/quote]
no idea, haven't joined ECA yet so can't try

but the games get added to your cart at the discount price so just enter whatever the code for the ECA discount is and see if it works

edit: nevermind looks like it would be a no go since when you add anything from the bundle page there is no redeem code option on the cart page anymore

For those that want a bit more info out of this deal.

Price:
$14.37 (save $3.60)

Burn to a CD or download as many times as you want.

Comes w/ a bunch of extras:
# 3 original soundtracks in MP3
# 9 hi-res wallpapers, More than 300 artworks from all games
# Fallout Bible (205 pages)
# 3 original manuals and reference cards

Personally I like having a real physical copy for display purposes, but I've heard good things about GOG, and they seem to be the best digital distributor. This is probably because their games are older, and studios are less concerned about profit losses from piracy/abuse. I'm very tempted to give this a go, but I'm gonna hold out until this hits $10.

You can't use the coupon with all three games, but you can use it on two of the three. If you have an ECA membership, you probably want to wait for a price drop. Even if there isn't one, you can still get the games for the same price that they are today (ECA mem. is 20% off, and the pack is 20% off).

Last edited by a moderator:
I love GOG.com. This deal will most likely have me picking up Fallout Tactics because I already bought the first two from them during their closed beta days. I did not really enjoy Tactics, but it is under five bucks, so I don't have to enjoy it that munch.

Oh, good catch. Plus it is a few dollars more. That would be WELL worth it over like Steam or something, but remember GOG you actually own what you buy. It's just as much yours as any physical DRM-less copy you buy (and you can stick in on a disc yourself so you don't have to keep it on your hard drive when you're done).

[quote name='Wolfpup']Oh, good catch. Plus it is a few dollars more. That would be WELL worth it over like Steam or something, but remember GOG you actually own what you buy. It's just as much yours as any physical DRM-less copy you buy (and you can stick in on a disc yourself so you don't have to keep it on your hard drive when you're done).[/quote]

Remember that you can also redownload it anytime you want, if you don't feel like burning a disc.

Yeah good point, although I like having a copy (plus I don't want to arbitrarily strain my ISP/their servers more than I already do :D

bread's done
Back