The New Nintendo Players Choice List

• Please log in to reply
129 replies to this topic

#31 ZForce915

ZForce915

Group hug!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2005 - 12:18 AM

I'm going to call this a tracking post, I think everything was added. I didn't touch the Pac Man vs. thing just yet, becuase like noted before it came out as a bundle with Pac Man World 2 and I'm not sure if the Vs. title is acutally a Players Choice.

#32 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2005 - 12:21 AM

windwaker finally made it

..I thought WindWaker has been on there for a long time?

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#33 RAMSTORIA

RAMSTORIA

fate is inexorable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2005 - 12:32 AM

I'm going to call this a tracking post, I think everything was added. I didn't touch the Pac Man vs. thing just yet, becuase like noted before it came out as a bundle with Pac Man World 2 and I'm not sure if the Vs. title is acutally a Players Choice.

Vs. isnt even a game, it was a freebie to promote gba to gc, and they threw it in pac man world 2 as well

Posted Image

#34 JAMMR

JAMMR

Posted 22 March 2005 - 01:03 AM

Vs. isnt even a game, it was a freebie to promote gba to gc, and they threw it in pac man world 2 as well

Actually, it is a game. I don't really understand your definition of a game if you don't consider it one. A non-game to me would be something like the Pokemon Colosseum Bonus Disc (shitty trailers and a pokemon to download).

The story of the 2-pack - Pac Man World became player's choice and was bundled with Vs. This is the only way you can get the player's choice version (as the 2-pack). Technically, it is Pac Man World as a Player's Choice title and also because Vs. could never have qualified as a Player's Choice title as it was never sold. Hope this clears things up.
This signature tastes like burning.
I can do the frug. I can do the Robocop.

The Second Coming of AllAdvantage

#35 MorPhiend

MorPhiend

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2005 - 07:41 AM

Actually, it is a game. I don't really understand your definition of a game if you don't consider it one. A non-game to me would be something like the Pokemon Colosseum Bonus Disc (shitty trailers and a pokemon to download).

The story of the 2-pack - Pac Man World became player's choice and was bundled with Vs. This is the only way you can get the player's choice version (as the 2-pack). Technically, it is Pac Man World as a Player's Choice title and also because Vs. could never have qualified as a Player's Choice title as it was never sold. Hope this clears things up.

I would actually classify the thing as a Pac-Man Vs. game w/ "bonus" PMW2 PC thrown in. Reason 1: PMV is the only fun game of the two. Reason 2: It is listed first on the case. Reason 3: Since I don't consider PMW2 worth playing as a bonus, it's obvious that I think Pac-Man Vs. is more than worth the price of admission alone.

Come on, Shigeru Miyamoto designed the thing. You know it has to be great! :wink: (Have you even played 4 player Vs., metal? It is awesome!)

#36 ZForce915

ZForce915

Group hug!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2005 - 09:13 AM

I would actually classify the thing as a Pac-Man Vs. game w/ "bonus" PMW2 PC thrown in. Reason 1: PMV is the only fun game of the two. Reason 2: It is listed first on the case. Reason 3: Since I don't consider PMW2 worth playing as a bonus, it's obvious that I think Pac-Man Vs. is more than worth the price of admission alone.

Come on, Shigeru Miyamoto designed the thing. You know it has to be great! :wink: (Have you even played 4 player Vs., metal? It is awesome!)

4 player vs. rocks! But since you can't buy it, I'm not adding it as a players choice game by itself. I could possibly add the two variants of the Pac Man World 2 title though.

#37 DocRamon

DocRamon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2005 - 05:12 PM

Get the exclusive GameCube multiplayer Pac-Man with the purchase of upcoming Namco games.

NAMCO SHIPS PAC-MAN® VS. FOR THE NINTENDO GAMECUBE™ THIS HOLIDAY SEASON

Gaming's Classic Character Is Now Available In A Unique New Way

San Jose, Ca., (December 2, 2003) ­ Leading video games developer and publisher Namco Hometek Inc. announced today that Pac-Man vs. has begun shipping to retail outlets nationwide. Packaged with Pac-Man World 2, the newest entry into the Player's Choice library, Pac-Man vs. is now available exclusively for the Nintendo GameCube and uses the special connectivity feature to link the Game Boy® Advance to the Nintendo GameCube. With an MSRP of $19.95 and rated E for Everyone, Pac-Man vs. brings an old favorite back to the limelight just in time for the Holiday season.

Designed by Shigeru Miyamoto, Pac-Man vs. lets players compete head-to-head using a Game Boy Advance and a Nintendo GameCube, connected by a Nintendo GameCube™ Game Boy Advance cable. One player uses the Game Boy Advance to control Pac-Man as he gobbles his Pac-Dots. Up to three other players on the Nintendo GameCube control the Ghosts and chase Pac-Man around the board. If a player's Ghost catches Pac-Man, those players swap controllers and the game continues. Whoever hits the predetermined scoring cap first wins the game.

"We are very excited to have a new addition to the Pac-Man family," said Garry Cole, Senior Vice President of Sales. "By incorporating this classic character with the unique connectivity features of both the Nintendo GameCube and the Game Boy Advance, players are offered a new style of gameplay that will bring them closer to the competition than ever before."

With six worlds and more than 20 levels to explore, Pac-Man World 2 offers a variety of gameplay mechanics including Shimmy and Flip Kick. Also featured in the game are the in-line skating and ice-skating skills that propel Pac-Man through the amazing 3D Pac-Mazes.

Pac-Man vs. will also be available with other Namco games for Nintendo GameCube including R: Racing Evolution and I-Ninja. Each copy of R: Racing Evolution will include a copy of Pac-Man vs., is rated T for Teen, and will be available Dec. 9 at an MSRP of $49.95. Starting Dec. 4 at specialty retailers, fans can also receive Pac-Man vs. free as a gift with any purchase of I-Ninja, Rated T for Teen, at an MSRP of $49.95.

that should clear it all up.

#38 ne2eire

ne2eire

Posted 03 April 2005 - 08:28 PM

Thanks Twin Snakes is a great addition

#39 Matt Young

Matt Young

Follow the buzzards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2005 - 02:21 PM

I should finally pick up Twin Snakes since I've never played a MGS game.

Are any of those Star Wars games good? I'll go check reviews, but it'd be good to have your opinions. I've just recently seen the SW movies and I'm becoming a big fan, so cheap Star Wars game could be a great thing.

155toba.gif2i6pefo.gif675n9f.gifhsl3pl.gif

#40 ZForce915

ZForce915

Group hug!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2005 - 11:32 AM

I should finally pick up Twin Snakes since I've never played a MGS game.

Are any of those Star Wars games good? I'll go check reviews, but it'd be good to have your opinions. I've just recently seen the SW movies and I'm becoming a big fan, so cheap Star Wars game could be a great thing.

No first hand experience, but I've heard really good things about Rouge Squadron III
Posted Image

#41 DocRamon

DocRamon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2005 - 08:55 AM

been a bit since anyone's posted in here...

tales of symphonia is now players choice... saw it at frys with the yellow bar for $20

#42 ZForce915

ZForce915

Group hug!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2005 - 12:41 PM

been a bit since anyone's posted in here...

tales of symphonia is now players choice... saw it at frys with the yellow bar for $20

Anyone else notice this? What about Baten Kaitos?
Posted Image

#43 DocRamon

DocRamon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2005 - 03:04 PM

no, baten kaitos wasn't marked as players choice.

#44 cdeener

cdeener

Love Those Price Drops!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2005 - 05:48 PM

ZForce915, you can add Tales of Symphonia as a PC game because stores are starting to receive shipments of the game with the PC logo on them.

It is listed at the PC price on BestBuy.com:
http://www.bestbuy.c...d=1083709974644

The only thing is that they dropped the price at BB but haven't at EB and Gamestop yet.

#45 Masterkyo

Masterkyo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2005 - 10:40 PM

I pickup last Tales of Symphonia for $15 at BB 2 days ago :)
"Evil is Funs"

#46 Masterkyo

Masterkyo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2005 - 10:41 PM

As for Beaten Kaitos, Mario Kart: DD, Metriod Prime: Echo i'll wait little longer to drop down $20 :)
"Evil is Funs"

#47 Lord Draconus777

Lord Draconus777

Free fajitas for all!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2005 - 10:49 PM

And yet Mario Kart, one of the systems better selling titles, remains absent from the list for the second year in a row.

#48 ZForce915

ZForce915

Group hug!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2005 - 01:28 PM

Tales added, thanks for the heads up Doc.
Posted Image

#49 lilboo

lilboo

Not addicted to WoW

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2005 - 08:39 AM

Mario Kart really needs to get itself in PC!! Ok I understand it's a system seller, but myyy god. Can they at least lower it?! $35-$40 would be a start! Why don't they ever have any of the Mario Party games as PC?? I didn't like 4, I never played 5 and 6 is, imo, the best one yet---I'd love to pick up 5 but...not for $50 lol
DAMN YOU PC, DAMN YOU :(

Now Playing:
:pc: Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft

:pc: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls

:wiiu: Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze

:3ds: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

:3ds: Pokemon Battle Trozei

#50 GizmoGC

GizmoGC

I love Cheese

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2005 - 05:27 PM

Mario Kart is $35 used at a few places...Game Crazy has it for $17.99.

Mario Party's never really lower because they are almost the same game every year. If they were to lower 4 and 5 to $30, it would hurt the sales of 6 and the upcoming 7.

#51 RankHypocrisy

RankHypocrisy

Posted 02 June 2005 - 07:28 PM

No first hand experience, but I've heard really good things about Rouge Squadron III

Actually, I think Rogue Squadron II is better than III. In II, you just have hot spaceship action, whereas in III, they decided to add some pretty poor on-foot levels.

#52 TimTucker

TimTucker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2005 - 03:22 AM

Mario Party's never really lower because they are almost the same game every year. If they were to lower 4 and 5 to $30, it would hurt the sales of 6 and the upcoming 7.

You could say the same thing about most sports games, though, and look at the difference in price in the old versions.

It's hard to say if it'd hurt the sales or not. On the one hand, people like us might see that the old versions were cheaper and just go with those. On the other hand, a large number of the clueless public might see a big difference in price and assume that the new version must be much better if it's selling for so much more.

#53 DigitalSpace

DigitalSpace

Late to the party

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2005 - 08:37 AM

Actually, I think Rogue Squadron II is better than III. In II, you just have hot spaceship action, whereas in III, they decided to add some pretty poor on-foot levels.

I played a demo of III and it was one of the on-foot levels. I wasn't too impressed. However, I was recently offered a used copy for $5 and decided to buy it. I hope the flying sections make it worth that price.

EDIT: Wound up trading it in to EB.

| Game Collection | Twitter |

Posted Image
Check out the new N64 Rumble Pak. See how it feels to feel what you see.

#54 nwaugh

nwaugh

thread killa

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2005 - 09:49 PM

Why can't a multi-national company like Nintendo not update the game list on their website? Even if it was monthly, it would be better than the outdated Player's Choice list that's up there now.

#55 seanw

seanw

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2005 - 02:01 PM

According to the current Best Buy circular, both The Incredibles and The Spongebob Squarepants Movie have been deemed Player's Choice.

#56 DarkSol

DarkSol

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2005 - 06:30 PM

X-Men Legends is now PC

Posted Image

#57 Ajinryu

Ajinryu

Posted 10 August 2005 - 01:31 PM

Billy Hatcher, and Tales of Symphonia? Time to open up the old bank account.
Currently Playing: Pop 'N' Twinbee (SNES), Gradius III (SNES), Megaman 1-7 (NES), Mario Bros 3 (NES), Ninja Gaiden Trilogy (SNES), Super Mario World 2 (SNES), Gunstar Heroes (Genesis), Mario 64 (N64), Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64), Killer7 (GC), Resident Evil 4 (GC), Halo: CE (XBOX), Halo 2 (XBOX), Conker: Live and Reloaded (XBOX), Panzer Dragoon Orta (XBOX), Tales of Symphonia (GC)

#58 ZForce915

ZForce915

Group hug!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2005 - 01:57 AM

So this hasn't been updated recently. Other than XMen Lenends, what needs to be added?
Posted Image

#59 nwaugh

nwaugh

thread killa

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2005 - 05:02 AM

For those of you that are supa cheap, baseball fans, and only own a Gamecube:

MVP Baseball 2005 is now Player's Choice

#60 botticus

botticus

Posted 02 December 2005 - 05:05 AM

For those of you that are supa cheap, baseball fans, and only own a Gamecube:

MVP Baseball 2005 is now Player's Choice

Damn... like a month too late, could have used a PriceGrabber rebate on it.