Photo
- - - - -

Tatsunoko vs. Capcom for $39.90 @ Play-Asia ($3.90 shipping)

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#31 Rig

Rig

Rig = Lunar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2009 - 05:45 AM

You guys shoulda softmodded before upgrading... You can upgrade to 4.0. but you need to have the Homebrew Channel installed first =P

So wait. All you need is the Homebrew Channel? I already have that, and am at 4.0 (modded mine a long while back).

Does Gecko launch it without issues then?

#32 integralsmatic

integralsmatic

Everyday should be Harvey Day

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2009 - 05:47 AM

i wanna play this game, but not a big fan of importing cause of all the tweaks that must go with altering ur system...dont wanna void warranties...lulz

just get the datel freeloader. its 20 bucks....i think.
Posted Image
Signature by Banshee350
Avatar(or Bust shot) done by Jeffery "CHAMBA" Cruz
R.I.P Nujabes aka Jun Seba (1974-2010) Another great musical mind ripped from our hands.
R.I.P Pat Carlucci- Rest easy my friend. You're with all of us in our hearts.

#33 persibro

persibro

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2009 - 06:18 AM

Does anyone know if you can play this straight up without a ridiculous motion gimmick on it?

I'm I remember correctly, there are no motion controls whatsoever.

#34 helmet

helmet

beep boop

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2009 - 07:20 AM

just get the datel freeloader. its 20 bucks....i think.

But does freeloader even work with the newer firmware? Either way, I've decided. Going to bite and sit on it until I find a working solution. XD

#35 integralsmatic

integralsmatic

Everyday should be Harvey Day

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2009 - 07:46 AM

But does freeloader even work with the newer firmware? Either way, I've decided. Going to bite and sit on it until I find a working solution. XD

i did a little search around and it will not work as people who updated to 4.0.

the only alternate method ATM is Twilight Hack/Homebrew Channel/Gecko OS 1.8
Posted Image
Signature by Banshee350
Avatar(or Bust shot) done by Jeffery "CHAMBA" Cruz
R.I.P Nujabes aka Jun Seba (1974-2010) Another great musical mind ripped from our hands.
R.I.P Pat Carlucci- Rest easy my friend. You're with all of us in our hearts.

#36 Dokstarr

Dokstarr

Tap, Snap or Nap

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2009 - 08:28 AM

Thought I would toss out this questions with the discussion on the arcade sticks.

The official Wii Hori ones plug into the Wii Remote I believe. Is there any noticeable lag using it? I cannot play Smash Bros w/ a Wavebird (or at least my Wavebirds) because the delay drives me nuts. Is there any delay with the arcade stick hooked into the wii remote?

Would I be better of getting an Gamecube arcade stick instead?

#37 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2009 - 03:12 PM

i did a little search around and it will not work as people who updated to 4.0.

the only alternate method ATM is Twilight Hack/Homebrew Channel/Gecko OS 1.8

I guess I wont be getting the game. I dont want to mod my system and the freeloader is my only option I was thinking.

#38 eliter1

eliter1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2009 - 03:37 PM

Pretty simplified compared to past VS titles...

Posted ImagePosted Image

A B C
D
A = weak
B = medium
C = strong
D = partner

Great price for this game might pick one up for my brother.

I got a Hori stick for this game and thought it was a L M H configuration and took me about an hour to figure out it was NOT the case. I was also surprised to see you could not configure it. Guess this is because the limited amount of buttons and placement on the Wiimote. Once I figured it out I was having a blast.
Posted Image

#39 rokkon

rokkon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2009 - 06:02 PM

Great price for this game might pick one up for my brother.

I got a Hori stick for this game and thought it was a L M H configuration and took me about an hour to figure out it was NOT the case. I was also surprised to see you could not configure it. Guess this is because the limited amount of buttons and placement on the Wiimote. Once I figured it out I was having a blast.

I'm not sure about the hori stick that plugs into the wii remote, but you can configure gamecube controls without problem. You just need to be able to read kanji. (I don't know why they use the button -> action mapping instead of action -> button mapping )

Also worth noting, all the mini games use the wii remote, but you must disconnect all gamecube controllers because you can play any of the mini games.

#40 rokkon

rokkon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2009 - 06:04 PM

I guess I wont be getting the game. I dont want to mod my system and the freeloader is my only option I was thinking.

Just for the record and anyone else who's interested, the modding isn't really modding, it's more like hacking. There's a small bit of risk involved, but if you've ever installed software on your pc, it's the same thing. This "modding" doesn't require you to open up your wii or do anything of that sort.

#41 Wayne Cabana

Wayne Cabana

Posted 27 April 2009 - 06:06 PM

I picked this up for ~$60 when it first came out and I think it's awesome. At this price, it's a steal.

#42 Nintendonly

Nintendonly

feck this shat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2009 - 09:09 PM

^Exactly why you should have waited. No Go Mifune (Speed Racer) = No day 1 purchase.

#43 eliter1

eliter1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2009 - 10:24 PM

I'm not sure about the hori stick that plugs into the wii remote, but you can configure gamecube controls without problem. You just need to be able to read kanji. (I don't know why they use the button -> action mapping instead of action -> button mapping )

Also worth noting, all the mini games use the wii remote, but you must disconnect all gamecube controllers because you can play any of the mini games.

I didn't express myself correctly. What I meant to say is that you can configure it but you still have to use the
A B C
D
control scheme. You cannot do
LP MP HP
LK MK HK
for example. I read you could do it in the arcade version but not in the Wii one apparently.
Posted Image

#44 Rig

Rig

Rig = Lunar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2009 - 11:48 PM

Alright, I went ahead and ordered.

This better work with 4.0 and Gecko 1.8!

#45 rokkon

rokkon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2009 - 04:00 AM

I didn't express myself correctly. What I meant to say is that you can configure it but you still have to use the
A B C
D
control scheme. You cannot do
LP MP HP
LK MK HK
for example. I read you could do it in the arcade version but not in the Wii one apparently.

Ahh. That's a new one to me. I never heard that anywhere; as far as I know, the arcade version also uses the 4 button scheme.

#46 Nintendonly

Nintendonly

feck this shat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2009 - 04:21 AM

Oh, shi... already out of stock. Hopefully OOP/OOS means one or the other and not both...

#47 VidgamesgivemeA_D_D

VidgamesgivemeA_D_D

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2009 - 09:23 AM

It's in stock again but it's $68.90! I was about to bite, but not for that much. :(

I gotta start checking CAG more often.

#48 paddlefoot

paddlefoot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2009 - 03:22 PM

Oh, shi... already out of stock. Hopefully OOP/OOS means one or the other and not both...

It was in stock for 3 days. 3 days is several lifetimes in the land of video game deals.

#49 Rig

Rig

Rig = Lunar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2009 - 07:36 AM

Alright, I went ahead and ordered.

This better work with 4.0 and Gecko 1.8!

I doubt anyone was waiting on pins and needles for the answer to this, but it does indeed work with those two things. :applause:

Only played a few quick versus matches with my girlfriend. Hoping to get into this deeper this week.

#50 Robman62

Robman62

uh oh HOTDOGG!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2009 - 08:38 PM

I doubt anyone was waiting on pins and needles for the answer to this, but it does indeed work with those two things. :applause:

Only played a few quick versus matches with my girlfriend. Hoping to get into this deeper this week.

dont hold your breath man, the game does not get much deeper then that. There are a few corny minigames, and there is an arcade mode with an annoying boss other than that.....its just a tag fighting game with too few characters.