Bejeweled= possibly the most boring game of all time

minx

CAGiversary!
just so we're clear, this game is supposedly the second coming of Jesus Christ according to PDA owners. If you're one of these misguided souls, you don't have to read any farther, as I wouldn't want to infringe on your religious beliefs ;-)

As for the rest of you......

When Hussein goes to hell, he will be forced to play bejeweled.

Most likely with his own family jewels, which is the only way this game could possibly have any appeal whatsoever -- add testicles!

I mean, supposedly any game can be improved by nudity, so maybe there's hope?

muting the music didn't work

Muting the sound effects didn't work

Downgrading the enhanced graphics to the original five-year-old with a coloring book look didn't work

when it comes down to it, it's just aligning sets of three over and over again. There's no challenge because the game won't allow you to align unless there are already two of the same jewels together, and only when the third jewel is only one move away.

You don't actually accomplish anything by removing jewels via alignment, because the game just replaces them immediately.

When you run out of possible compositions, you don't lose, but the screen just resets with a new arrangement of jewels.

There is the score, but it doesn't seem to serve any purpose, as there's no discernible goal in this game .

I take it back.

Not even nudity could save this game :whistle2:(

It's like the Sims...strangely addictive. Then again, I haven't played either one in months. :D My Bejeweled period lasted for about two weeks; I was into the Sims for months. Now...I'm bored with both of them.

I'd suggest trying Zuma, though. Made by the same company that made Bejeweled (Popcap Games) but much more fun.

[quote name='Wshakspear']http://www.handmark.com/warfare/index.php

Warefare INC.

its like starcraft on PPC.
pure heaven[/quote]

Agreed, warfare inc rocks, and it plays quite well even on lower end devices (I used to play the demo a lot on my treo 300. I haven't tried it on the 600 yet).

If anyone can find me an online java version of dstar, I would appreciate it. Arcadeonline had it...now it's gone.

Axim X5, 400

so smooth....

runs pocet nes perfectly, as well as all those fun movie files.

on a side note, CounterSheep sucks.

[quote name='Firebrand']If anyone can find me an online java version of dstar, I would appreciate it. Arcadeonline had it...now it's gone.[/quote]

Guys,

if you like something you find on the web, SAVE IT!

[quote name='eldad9'][quote name='Firebrand']If anyone can find me an online java version of dstar, I would appreciate it. Arcadeonline had it...now it's gone.[/quote]

Guys,

if you like something you find on the web, SAVE IT![/quote]

Agreed. If you can save it to your hard drive and it'll still work correctly, do so.

:roll: I'm sorry to the guy who started this message board, because he's an, well, let's just say we're not supposed to attack other posters. :lol: Bejeweled, while not my most favorite game, does deserve respect. There's one key element the first guy didn't seem to get: the like-colored 3rd gem does NOT have to go on the end. If there are some like jewels on either end of the bar, it works too. Thus- 3, as well as 4 and 5 jeweled strands are accessible. IE: *-*, **-*, *-**, and **-**. 8)

[quote name='mgariti']:roll: I'm sorry to the guy who started this message board, because he's an, well, let's just say we're not supposed to attack other posters. :lol: Bejeweled, while not my most favorite game, does deserve respect. There's one key element the first guy didn't seem to get: the like-colored 3rd gem does NOT have to go on the end. If there are some like jewels on either end of the bar, it works too. Thus- 3, as well as 4 and 5 jeweled strands are accessible. IE: *-*, **-*, *-**, and **-**. 8)[/quote]

Guy? Take a look at minx's fourth post in this topic. You're new here, so it's not a big deal...but I've got a feeling it will be if you ever refer to minx as a "he" again. :wink:

Also:

*_*
_*_

__*__
**_**
__*__
__*__

Minx, sure this game isn't deep, but it's really nice to spend a few minutes between meetings where you can use a PDA but not a gameboy.

[quote name='Gothic_Walrus'][quote name='mgariti']:roll: I'm sorry to the guy who started this message board, because he's an, well, let's just say we're not supposed to attack other posters. :lol: Bejeweled, while not my most favorite game, does deserve respect. There's one key element the first guy didn't seem to get: the like-colored 3rd gem does NOT have to go on the end. If there are some like jewels on either end of the bar, it works too. Thus- 3, as well as 4 and 5 jeweled strands are accessible. IE: *-*, **-*, *-**, and **-**. 8)[/quote]

Guy? Take a look at minx's fourth post in this topic. You're new here, so it's not a big deal...but I've got a feeling it will be if you ever refer to minx as a "he" again. :wink:[/quote]

My Reply:
I don't sit through and read every single post on this site, so I don't know the gender of everyone on it. I said "he" because it's pretty neutral to anybody. ie: If I read a random post, then commented to someone in real life about it, I would say "this GUY said", not "IT said" or "some MAN or WOMAN of an unknown race, gender, religion, or income to me said." :roll:

bread's done
Back