Blazblue PS3 Discussion Thread

• Please log in to reply
300 replies to this topic

#31 Thomas96

Thomas96

I am Thomaticus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2009 - 03:56 AM

I love it, I played some matches with my friend, with just me and him in a room, there was no lag. Its a good game, I just need to practice and work on some defense.
Posted Image

#32 nekobi

nekobi

Spicy Wolf!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2009 - 06:37 AM

You can add me to the list too. ^-^ My PS3 ID is inu-sama

#33 Zmonkay

Zmonkay

Awesome in Small Doses

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2009 - 11:42 AM

MarkMan says there's a netcode patch coming soon. Already released for 360. Hopefully should make online matches much nicer. Can't wait for the weekend where I'll have time to throw down.
For Sale: Like New/Opened Once Japanese Transformer 2010 Reissue Predaking http://www.cheapassg...291#post2498291

yourfree360games referal: SIGN UP AND GET FREE 360 games with easy and free (or dirt cheap) trial offers
http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=233445

#34 DantheApe

DantheApe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2009 - 12:09 PM

picking this up on payday...damn bills kinda snuck up on me this week
"People can be more forgiving than you can imagine. But you have to forgive yourself. Let go of what's bitter and move on."

~Bill Cosby

#35 jughead

jughead

Beersport Champion!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2009 - 12:15 PM

PSN=Jugsta

I'm hoping to pick this up at either Best Buy or Gamestop today. I really hope I don't have to report back another preorder nightmare from gamestop. I think I've found one that will let me slide. Seeya soon!

#36 BlindJoker

BlindJoker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2009 - 05:49 PM

For those that have the game is the PS3 pad getting the job done?
I have a Saturn pad, so I'm wondering if I should go with that instead or does BB not play well with the Saturn pad due to button layout?

#37 Jest

Jest

Take this!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2009 - 06:39 PM

REBEL 1

ACTION

Can you add me to the main post?

#38 enufs8d

enufs8d

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2009 - 09:29 PM

updated everyone's name to the list on the first post.

damn gs.com. its not scheduled to arrive until tomorrow.

so psn lag? i thought that i read that bb netcode was awesome.

#39 GenDV138

GenDV138

Posted 01 July 2009 - 09:36 PM

I'll be getting my copy tomorrow, looking forward to it since I enjoyed the Guilty Gear series. Feel free to hit me up for games if you see me online.

PSN - GenDV138

#40 Lorddraco07

Lorddraco07

aka Nirran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2009 - 09:41 PM

There is suppose to be a patch coming soon to fix the netcode lag.

Could you add me to the list as well?
Posted Image

#41 Jest

Jest

Take this!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2009 - 10:14 PM

Thats weird. GS.com got mine to me on Tuesday, and I'm in Canada. It came from the States but I don't know where from.

#42 Logain8955

Logain8955

Groovy Cactuar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2009 - 10:43 PM

There's a netcode patch coming soon that'll fix the lag. XB360 and JPN PSN already has it, we're just waiting for sony to approve it
http://fp.profiles.u...id/jedi8955.png" width="230" height="155" border="0"

Download DevourerTDA, a new competitive Tower Defense map for Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne today!

CAG Thread: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=263655
Download it here! http://wc3.nibbits.c...ourertda-ver-10

#43 shogun316

shogun316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2009 - 10:55 PM

just as well waiting for the netcode patch, cause amazon won't ship my copy until next week :roll:
Posted Image

#44 Lorddraco07

Lorddraco07

aka Nirran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2009 - 11:38 PM

Until the patch hits you aren't missing much online. Played a few matches and they were so laggy I couldn't do much of anything.
Posted Image

#45 Lorddraco07

Lorddraco07

aka Nirran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2009 - 04:29 AM

Sorry for double post but seems the netcode patch is up for download now when starting the game.:applause: It's a 14mb patch.
Posted Image

#46 enufs8d

enufs8d

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2009 - 04:41 AM

i got my gs package today. Fuck gs! there's a huge bend/crush mark on the cover of the artbook where the blazblue sign is. the ups box came intact. so it probably have happened during packaging. anyone get else this problem?

overall, impressed by the bonus guide disk. =)

#47 Rei no Otaku

Rei no Otaku

Rei's love

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2009 - 06:03 AM

You can add me to the list. I'll gladly play with anyone.

PSN: Rei_no_Otaku

Rei_no_Otaku.png

#48 Issue13

Issue13

Swim Instructor

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2009 - 07:38 AM

Mostly on topic:

Just watched the packed in Bluray movie... not bad stuff... poorly authored as it was. Jessica Chobot (ign.com) talks through some of the game's core elements... and MAN does she sound annoyed to have to be narrating. I'm rarely on IGN. Is she always that pissy?
"I love the new generation of gaming. It's made everything from the last gen so cheap!"

#49 DantheApe

DantheApe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2009 - 09:26 AM

one of the "perks" to having a mom and pop shop to preorder from...their shipment was a bit delayed this week so they are going to have my copy ready today when i get off work. I am lucking out because payday is a day early due to the holiday weekend.

I'll be online after 8 tonight if anyone wants to throw down
"People can be more forgiving than you can imagine. But you have to forgive yourself. Let go of what's bitter and move on."

~Bill Cosby

#50 MarkMan

MarkMan

CAG TEKKEN MASTER

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2009 - 08:40 PM

The patch is out already btw in case anyone is wondering.

Reigning Super CAG Fighting Quiz Game Winner plus Alpha@ hyper-turbo.eXtreme!!!

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

SDTEKKEN - TekkenZaibatsu - Mad Catz - EVO2010

#51 MasterWolf

MasterWolf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2009 - 09:17 PM

When I got mine, it looked perfect until i opened the book and noticed half of the book was bend (pages only)...........I doubt they will do replacements. Same thing happened to my with Amazon with the Persona 4 artbook......

EDIT: Called GameStop, the guy said he was going to ship me a new one.

i got my gs package today. Fuck gs! there's a huge bend/crush mark on the cover of the artbook where the blazblue sign is. the ups box came intact. so it probably have happened during packaging. anyone get else this problem?

overall, impressed by the bonus guide disk. =)

Edited by MasterWolf, 02 July 2009 - 09:51 PM.

#52 Thomas96

Thomas96

I am Thomaticus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2009 - 10:31 PM

How do you watch movies of your friends videos, how do you upload your own videos to the site.
Posted Image

#53 Chuplayer

Chuplayer

Anticitizen One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2009 - 11:13 PM

IT'S A PIECE OF FUCKING SHIT!!!

Blazblue is officially the shittiest fighter ever to grace my gaming area. It even beats out that tech demo of a tech demo Genesis Mortal Kombat as the shittiest fighting game I've ever played. Holy balls, this game sucks the big one.

It all comes down to one thing; you are never, ever safe from your opponent once you're stuck in a combo. If you do end up on the offensive again, it's precisely because your opponent fucked up. Once you become proficient at dialing a combo and can hit it first, you're going to win. You will win.

You can't get safe because of falling down because that doesn't make you temporarily invincible. You can't get safe teching out because you'll get hit before you can block. You can't get safe by putting distance between your opponent and yourself beacuse shit's flying around every which way, and it all does so much fucking damage that you might as well be licking your opponent's ballsack. It's not quite an infinite combo, but it might as well be.

And I can say this unbiasedly because I've been on the offense in this situation as much as I have been the victim. No, I'm not complaining because I suck! I don't suck! My stats prove it. It's just the way the game is! It's all about whoever can maintain their monopoly. No, it's all about who can get their monopoly off the ground first. Maintaining it isn't that hard.

I honestly never completely understood a juggle limit before, but I have to hand it to early Capcom for implementing it, even by accident. What goes on in Blazblue isn't just a flow breaker, it's a flow shifter. It removes any chance of flow from the victim and rewards the aggressor way, way too much. Even KOF: Max Impact had the common sense to limit ground juggle comboing after a certain point. What a joke this game is.

I also dislike the game because if there's a problem connecting to a room in network mode, you're fucked. You're fucked. You're going to be sitting at the "connecting" screen with the little bar moving to the right and looping over and over again until your power goes out because Mother Nature struck a power plant with lightning. You can't just cancel connection. That would make too much sense! Instead you have to cancel out of the game or turn the console off. This has happened to me four times today. Four times in less than an hour of playing today. I just got so fucking fed up that I doubt I'll ever play online in this game ever again.

What a fucking disappointment. This is not the spiritual successor to Guilty Gear. That's actually a good game. This is trash.
Boycotting Digital Press for blatant anti-Semitism.

#54 Rai Rai

Rai Rai

Lookin' in all the right places

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2009 - 11:49 PM

lolumad

#55 hankmecrankme

hankmecrankme

Drunken Jesus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2009 - 11:51 PM

lolumad

Seconded.

Ragequit the game and sell it ASAP.

Posted Image Posted Image

I like how this one black guy manager at my nearest KFC rejected the chicken and told the employees to make me some new chicken. He understood how us black folks like our friend chicken fresh and not hard.

I love me some fried food. I eat friend food all the time and I'm still super skinny. I can eat all the friend chicken and other unhealthy foods never getting fat.:D

#56 Chuplayer

Chuplayer

Anticitizen One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2009 - 11:56 PM

I'm not kidding. We're not in the resurrection of the fighting game genre. We're in the age of joke fighters. Want to play a real fighter? You've got to go back to the 90s, man. There are very few fighting games that have captured my attention since the early 00s, and I've played and owned crazy amounts of them trying to find a good one.

I'm personally disappointed that I put so much faith in this game simply because it came from the people who made the impeccable Guilty Gear series. I guess everybody makes mistakes.

#57 hankmecrankme

hankmecrankme

Drunken Jesus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2009 - 12:03 AM

Agreed. Super Turbo for life.

Also, honorable mentions to Time Killers, Bloodstorm, Doomsday Warrior, Street Combat, Art of Fighting, Primal Rage, Ultra Vortek, Kasumi Ninja, Survival Arts, Battle Monsters, Rise of the Robots, and Rise 2 : Resurrection.

Edited by hankmecrankme, 03 July 2009 - 12:21 AM.

Posted Image Posted Image

I like how this one black guy manager at my nearest KFC rejected the chicken and told the employees to make me some new chicken. He understood how us black folks like our friend chicken fresh and not hard.

I love me some fried food. I eat friend food all the time and I'm still super skinny. I can eat all the friend chicken and other unhealthy foods never getting fat.:D

#58 Rei no Otaku

Rei no Otaku

Rei's love

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2009 - 01:05 AM

Also, honorable mentions to Time Killers, Bloodstorm, Doomsday Warrior, Street Combat, Art of Fighting, Primal Rage, Ultra Vortek, Kasumi Ninja, Survival Arts, Battle Monsters, Rise of the Robots, and Rise 2 : Resurrection.

:rofl:

Rei_no_Otaku.png

#59 Deadpool 3.0

Deadpool 3.0

Deadpool 3.0

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2009 - 01:11 AM

IT'S A PIECE OF FUCKING SHIT!!!

Blazblue is officially the shittiest fighter ever to grace my gaming area. It even beats out that tech demo of a tech demo Genesis Mortal Kombat as the shittiest fighting game I've ever played. Holy balls, this game sucks the big one.

It all comes down to one thing; you are never, ever safe from your opponent once you're stuck in a combo. If you do end up on the offensive again, it's precisely because your opponent fucked up. Once you become proficient at dialing a combo and can hit it first, you're going to win. You will win.

You can't get safe because of falling down because that doesn't make you temporarily invincible. You can't get safe teching out because you'll get hit before you can block. You can't get safe by putting distance between your opponent and yourself beacuse shit's flying around every which way, and it all does so much fucking damage that you might as well be licking your opponent's ballsack. It's not quite an infinite combo, but it might as well be.

And I can say this unbiasedly because I've been on the offense in this situation as much as I have been the victim. No, I'm not complaining because I suck! I don't suck! My stats prove it. It's just the way the game is! It's all about whoever can maintain their monopoly. No, it's all about who can get their monopoly off the ground first. Maintaining it isn't that hard.

I honestly never completely understood a juggle limit before, but I have to hand it to early Capcom for implementing it, even by accident. What goes on in Blazblue isn't just a flow breaker, it's a flow shifter. It removes any chance of flow from the victim and rewards the aggressor way, way too much. Even KOF: Max Impact had the common sense to limit ground juggle comboing after a certain point. What a joke this game is.

I also dislike the game because if there's a problem connecting to a room in network mode, you're fucked. You're fucked. You're going to be sitting at the "connecting" screen with the little bar moving to the right and looping over and over again until your power goes out because Mother Nature struck a power plant with lightning. You can't just cancel connection. That would make too much sense! Instead you have to cancel out of the game or turn the console off. This has happened to me four times today. Four times in less than an hour of playing today. I just got so fucking fed up that I doubt I'll ever play online in this game ever again.

What a fucking disappointment. This is not the spiritual successor to Guilty Gear. That's actually a good game. This is trash.

Since you hate it. Sale it to me. ;)

deadpool_signature_by_hsalpihw-d38xyht.p

#60 Chuplayer

Chuplayer

Anticitizen One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2009 - 01:36 AM

The difference between then and now is that nobody took those games seriously.