Blazblue PS3 Discussion Thread

enufs8d

CAGiversary!
I might as well get this one started.

In the 13th hierarchical city, Kagutsuchi, the Librarium regulates the amazing power of “Armagus”, a fusion of magic and technology. Currently they are after a wanted criminal named Ragna The Bloodedge, also known as “Death”, who wants to destroy the Librarium. Due to Ragna possessing a powerful form of Armagus known as the Azure Grimoire, people far and wide are after not only his bounty, but his grimoire as well. This is where our story begins...

Publisher: Aksys Games, Inc
Developer: Aksys Games, Inc
Platform: PS3
Category: Fighting
Release: 6/30/09

I couldn't decide between blaz and kof for summer fun. But I placed the preorder after seeing the kotaku news.

more info (250+ pages on srk)
http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=147989

Gamestop bonus:

Pre-Order BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger and receive an exclusive 32 page, BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger Art b..b..b..book.. Whoa, check out that cover. That's awesome. It's like the Mona Lisa of video game art book covers, except instead of Mona Lisa, its has this girl, and a dress, and a robot thing standing behind her. There's no way we're going to let them send any of these to stores; so you better order it online. Available for online customers only, while supplies last.

Update: And the preorder bonus is not limited to gamestop. According to aksys, i seem to remember that its on all preorders including amazon.

Online Customers: Exclusive BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger Art book will ship with your game.

"The limited edition set is $59.99, the same price as the game alone. In fact, players who've already pre-ordered the game are getting a free upgrade to the limited version. If you've not pre-ordered yet though, you might want to get that done now, as the limited edition set is first-run only, with the second run consisting of the game all by itself, looking sad and lonely."

Update: As shogun mentioned, the gamestop artbook is no longer available on the website. If you really want it, check your stores.

update 6/28:
the one and only markman with his blog coverage on the prelaunch event
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/blog.php?b=9225

jman619 mentioned IGN's 9.4 rating.

CAG / PSN names
enufs8d / wotcher
Ecofreak / Phoenix_Azure
jwargand / rataxico
Zmonkay / Nemesis Convoy
shogun316 / shogun3160
Thomas96 / Thomaticus
DantheApe / dantheape
Logain8955 / jedi8955
asianxcore / asianxcore
jekki / jekki
growlanser / GunnerGlory
rodeojones903 / Zmonkay
nekobi / inu-sama
jughead / Jugsta
jest / jest311
GenDV138 / GenDV138
Lorddraco07 / Nirran
Rei_no_Otaku / Rei_no_Otaku
Chuplayer / Chuplayer
thelonepig / thelonepig
VikingLongwood / VikingLongwood
Issue13 / Issue13
MarkManSDT
danny8k / danny8k
Soujiro_Seta / Soujiro
jaideam / onejaeded
forgrim / forgrim
rainking187 / rainking187
Reicaden / Reicaden
Esper15 / Esper15
Amishpriest / Amishpriest
dmunkee / dmunkee
moommoombaba / S2hei
cheko / cheko7z
suko_32 / suko_32
js1 / ghost_face_36
uraizen / uraizen
esper / esper15
ryosnk / snkryo
bjstuckler / Cataplexy
DarthPuma / DarthEmoPuma
darkcecil32 / cecilpaladin32

Last edited by a moderator:
New information on the Limited Edition available from SiliconEra.com

[quote name='Siliconera']Aksys really, really wants you to pre-order BlazBlue.Reserve it at Gamestop or Amazon before it comes out on June 30th and you get the limited edition version for free. Bonus items include a two disc sound track with 48 songs (19 more than Japan gets) and a video disc expert tips from the fighting gurus at Shoryuken. PS3 owners get their tutorials on Blu-ray while the Xbox 360 bundle has a plain old DVD.

If you reserve BlazBlue at Gamecrazy you get the limited edition and a collector’s edition Mana potion energy drink. Nice to see all of these goodies, but if you were thinking of purchasing BlazBlue you would have to reserve it anyway. Aksys games tend to be in short supply.[/quote]

I may need to pre-order from GameCrazy if I get the LE and the extra special potion. No way I'd drink that stuff, but it'd be a fun collector's item that could be valuable if this game is well received amongst the community.

it might be the "mana energy" potion that fry's sells. it has a picture of a wow-like elf on the cover.

I've pre-ordered mine through amazon, am will be interested in playing online, you can add me to your list of CAG PS3 players w. game
PSN: rataxico

I have been curious about this game for the longest time, but I couldn't find it at arcades so I might pick this up.

Also, I don't think the preorder bonus is exclusive to Gamestop. I've read somewhere that you can get the LE for $59.99 as long as you preorder or buy a first-run copy.

EDIT: Okay I'm dumb. The art book is exclusive. woops

Hmmm, this will be the first Guilty Gear-style game I plan to get. Too bad it seems the artbook is no longer available for the Gamestop preorder. If you don't mind OP, you can add my PSN to the list:

PSN: shogun3160

Also, this post will now return to 1st page for more awareness!

I have been really excited about this game for a while now. I had it preordered for the xbox 360 but really wanted it for the ps3, as soon as newegg had it in their system as a ps3 preorder, I switched it over.

I love 2d fighters and am really looking forward to getting into this one.

WISE FROM YOUR GWAVE

Release is coming up. Game is a shit ton of fun, just got back from a local arcade that has it.

Definatly picking this up day one.

IGN just posted their review - 9.4! (!)

To those that asked me about the GameCrazy preorder bonus Mana potion and if I could grab you an extra.. the potions are nothing more than these. You can find them pretty much whereever energy drinks are sold. I wouldn't recommend buying them. I've only seen the red one.. it smelled like wet ass. Terrible.

iframe%3E
wow cant wait to get one!

[quote name='Scorch']IGN just posted their review - 9.4! (!)

To those that asked me about the GameCrazy preorder bonus Mana potion and if I could grab you an extra.. the potions are nothing more than these. You can find them pretty much whereever energy drinks are sold. I wouldn't recommend buying them. I've only seen the red one.. it smelled like wet ass. Terrible.[/QUOTE]

I saw the IGN review either yesterday or the day before. No one else posted it. I guess I should have. I was expecting around a 8 or 8.5 at most. A 9.4 just makes me want it even more. Plus the blog markman put up is some hype as well. ;)

Only a few more days... and of course, I procrastinated writing my thesis too much, and will now that I need to focus on that... BB comes out! For once, I'm thankful for a long train commute (and a laptop!)

[quote name='Logain8955']Gamestop is now shipping the game, they'll have it in tomorrow[/QUOTE]

Got a call from GS confirming that. Hopefully they'll get it in before my 3pm shift tomorrow.

with MvC2 and kof being pushed back, im glad that it worked in the end since i dont have to divide time between any.

[quote name='enufs8d']with MvC2 and kof being pushed back, im glad that it worked in the end since i dont have to divide time between any.[/QUOTE]

KOF got pushed back?

Thesis finished or not, I am DOWN for some matches this weekend. Gotta get in now, where everyone (well, nearly) is a scrub, eh? Some FGT crew gonna be rapin though (Laments lack of any good arcades in boofoo Illinois).

I've got the PS3 version. I'm done playing today, but I'll be playing a lot tomorrow. Same name on PSN.

I've had a few good matches without any significant lag, but sometimes there is just lag up the ying-yang.

I'm listening to the second CD right now. So far it blows the first one out of the water.

Good night, I waited five minutes to connect to an online match and nothing came through.

It's probably for the best as I'm not very good!

I love it, I played some matches with my friend, with just me and him in a room, there was no lag. Its a good game, I just need to practice and work on some defense.

MarkMan says there's a netcode patch coming soon. Already released for 360. Hopefully should make online matches much nicer. Can't wait for the weekend where I'll have time to throw down.

PSN=Jugsta

I'm hoping to pick this up at either Best Buy or Gamestop today. I really hope I don't have to report back another preorder nightmare from gamestop. I think I've found one that will let me slide. Seeya soon!

For those that have the game is the PS3 pad getting the job done?
I have a Saturn pad, so I'm wondering if I should go with that instead or does BB not play well with the Saturn pad due to button layout?

updated everyone's name to the list on the first post.

damn gs.com. its not scheduled to arrive until tomorrow.

so psn lag? i thought that i read that bb netcode was awesome.

I'll be getting my copy tomorrow, looking forward to it since I enjoyed the Guilty Gear series. Feel free to hit me up for games if you see me online.

PSN - GenDV138

[quote name='enufs8d']updated everyone's name to the list on the first post.

so psn lag? i thought that i read that bb netcode was awesome.[/QUOTE]

There is suppose to be a patch coming soon to fix the netcode lag.

Could you add me to the list as well?

[quote name='enufs8d']updated everyone's name to the list on the first post.

so psn lag? i thought that i read that bb netcode was awesome.[/QUOTE]

Thats weird. GS.com got mine to me on Tuesday, and I'm in Canada. It came from the States but I don't know where from.

There's a netcode patch coming soon that'll fix the lag. XB360 and JPN PSN already has it, we're just waiting for sony to approve it

i got my gs package today. fuck gs! there's a huge bend/crush mark on the cover of the artbook where the blazblue sign is. the ups box came intact. so it probably have happened during packaging. anyone get else this problem?

overall, impressed by the bonus guide disk. =)

bread's done
Back