Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga $29.99 Amazon

I've been meaning to get into this series for a while..
All the games look really interesting and get pretty highly rated.
I'll think about this one.
Good find namepl.

[quote name='Grimm Fandango']So Atlus is reprinting their older, rare games now huh? Not bad.[/quote]
they've reprinted dds1 and nocturne a while ago. dds2 has not been reprinted to my knowledge.

I'm pretty sure they both have been reprinted in limited quantities. Must be some sort of marketing technique to keep steady sales.

[quote name='blackm20i']I'm pretty sure they both have been reprinted in limited quantities. Must be some sort of marketing technique to keep steady sales.[/QUOTE]

"Limited quantities" is an understatement. Atlus gave a major reprint to these games.

[quote name='chibamm']Does anyone know the difference between the Deluxe and the regular game?

Is it just the packaging?[/quote]

Just the packaging, no difference in content

EVERYONE that's even remotely into these games/genre should pick this up if you don't already have it.

Warning: if you are put off by INSANE amounts of random battles in a game, steer clear.

Picked me up one along with the DotD, Eternal Poison. I've been meaning to pick this up for the longest time.

It's nice Amazon is having a kind of Atlus day. :)

[quote name='jacknicklson']Just the packaging, no difference in content[/quote]

i thought the difference was the packaging. it wont include the cardboard box, and it should not have the sound track.

am i wrong? does this version also include the soundtrack?

Sweet just ordered this and Eternal Poison. Been needing to add those two to my Atlus RPG collection. Now if I could just get my hands on Persona for the PS1...

If I get this I'll probably have to fork up even more money for the sequel. I wish they would just reprint a box set that includes both DDS1 and DDS2.

[quote name='ruibing']If I get this I'll probably have to fork up even more money for the sequel. I wish they would just reprint a box set that includes both DDS1 and DDS2.[/quote]

Knowing Atlus, a reprint of DDS2 won't be too long in coming.

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']Sweet just ordered this and Eternal Poison. Been needing to add those two to my Atlus RPG collection. Now if I could just get my hands on Persona for the PS1...[/quote]

They are porting the original Person to the PSP.

[quote name='chibamm']They are porting the original Person to the PSP.[/quote]

I knew that and I plan on getting that but for collection purposes I want the original one on PS1 because it has thus far eluded me. Ebay will be a last resort. I actually think I will wait till after the PSP version comes out and hopefully the price drops a little bit.

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']I knew that and I plan on getting that but for collection purposes I want the original one on PS1 because it has thus far eluded me. Ebay will be a last resort. I actually think I will wait till after the PSP version comes out and hopefully the price drops a little bit.[/quote]

lol

You must be my carbon copy. I've been wanting it the same way and still intend to get it for the PS1. The port should drop prices significantly (hopefully). We should compare other ports and how they affected prices of the originals. I'll shoot you a PM later.

I rather buy the DDS 1 Deluxe Edition & original DDS 2 off eBay for $150+, but regardless both are games that should be played by anyone interested in JRPGs.

Hopefully Atlus reprints both in a box with goodies one day :)

[quote name='rogersgordon69']Says IN stock just now, AND its $25.98 now.

N.gif
[/QUOTE]

With $8 shipping? Um...no.

N.gif
[/quote]
Not sold by Amazon. You'll have to pay for shipping.

[quote name='RaidenMGS3']

Warning: if you are put off by INSANE amounts of random battles in a game, steer clear.[/QUOTE]

persona 1 and nocturne have a LOT more random battles. persona 1 required a lot of dungeon crawling and you saw the same monsters over and over and over- the strange part was taht levelling didnt really help you at all, if you are higher level, the bosses have more hit points, if you are lower level then the bosses have less hit points. i guess it makes sense for the completist. i loved dds1 tho,.

N.gif
[/quote]

Unfortunately that's from a company called Quick Buys, and it's $25.98 + $8 shipping, so it's now $33.98. Still not bad I guess.

I bought this game a while back and ordered the deluxe edition casing for about $5, though of course no soundtrack/controller armor/sticker (though I know the latter is ridiculously rare and non-existant in most places). I tried to find those individually, but they're pretty darn hard to find and if you do, they cost more than the game itself.

bread's done
Back