The girl friend gets bored (Need Co-op)

the KOPE

CAGiversary!
I have run into an issue lately and I was wondering if anyone else has encountered this and what the solutions have been. Both the girlfriend and I are hard core gamers. We spend alot of time competing for time on the big screen with the console of choice or bored watching each other.

What are good two player co-op hard core games? (Can be played on one console.)

It needs to be something we can play together that both players get a full experience. Something like Resident Evil 5's and not like Mario Galaxy. I have all the current major players (360, PS3, PS2, and Wii) as well as a Dreamcast. Any system is fine, as there are others that people are probably looking for a game or two on as well. Thanks everyone for your help.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll second Army of Two. The story is terrible and the 2 main characters are mindless, macho frat boys (which alone surprises me that I'd even touch the game) but it has some really excellent co-op play, and can be acquired for pretty cheap.

Call of Duty 5's split-screen co-op has a point system for killing guys, as well as where you hit them, which adds some friendly competition to the mix.

The Gears of War games have great co-op but I'm sure you've already got those or played those together. Also COD WAW is pretty fun co-op even though the game tends to suck the co-op brings it together.

If I am not mistaken Banjo Kazooie has Co-op, and you cant go wrong with Lego Batman/Starwars/Indiana Jones....and Earth Defense Force 2017 is amazing on the 360. All good Co-op games and most are fairly cheap too.

I have a few current gen faves that my brother and I have played and enjoyed. We are currently playing RE 5. But games such as Halo (any of them), Gears of war has good co op and a slew of older games of XBLA or some PSN games. Although this is where MS comes out on top.
It kinda depends on your taste too but I love old classics such as TMNT arcade, Streets of rage, Golden Axe, Double Dragon, etc. etc.). Plus games like bomberman give some vs love. Now these older games are dated, but for 5 bucks its worth a few laughs and a few hours of co op play. (plus you can turn on your partner in a number of these, creating memorable "hate" moments that ive had through the years).

Oh and I just noticed you have a DC. If you can get a copy of Dynamite Cop thats always a multiplayer blast. And Power Stone 1 and 2 are great. Im sure Im forgetting a few too.

some of the co-op i like to play are Gears of War 2, Call of Duty World at War (Nazi zombie mode), Resistance 2, Dynasty/Samurai Warrior games, Resident Evil Umbrella chronicles

I would go old school on her and try some Streets of Rage, or Final Fight type 2 player games.

Kane and Lynch was fun co-op, Arm of two was pretty much built for co - op, and Virtua Tennis doubles matches would be nice co-op experience.

Sonic Genesis Collection to do the Sonic and Streets of Rage games? Tales of Vesperia allows for co-op play during the fights if you like JRPG's. Is Halo Wars co-op only over Live?

[quote name='smarkbran']If I am not mistaken Banjo Kazooie has Co-op, and you cant go wrong with Lego Batman/Starwars/Indiana Jones....and Earth Defense Force 2017 is amazing on the 360. All good Co-op games and most are fairly cheap too.[/quote]

Banjo-Kazooie doesn't have Co-op

i saw a video of a girl on a wii fit, i think the boyfriend enjoyed watching her exercise,or at least i did.
Otherwise rockband 2.

If you want to go a little bit old school, the PS2 hack 'n slash games are great co-op (Baldur's Gate 1 & 2, Gauntlet series). Also, as someone else suggested, Rock Band is great for this since you guys can play competitive or co-op.

Really Ultimate Alliance? I have that but I'm pretty sure my GF wouldn't play that. Let me see if she would... *grabs game*

She said ok. Hmmm... thanks.

"Unreal Tournament III" (Xbox 360/PS3)

It goes for about $15-$20 at all stores. And you have to download the free patch to get split-screen.

[quote name='crzyboy88']Doesn't Resident Evil 5 have splitscreen co-op?[/quote]

Yep but its pretty hard to see, especially if you are used to playing it on a single screen.

It would really help if you gave a few examples of specific games each of you like to play so that we can get a feel for genre and taste.

There is no split screen in Crackdown. Local co-op is via LAN only, which bites bigtime. Same with Saints Row 2.

Get Gears of War 2.

Then Resident Evil 5.

Call of Duty WaW is good, but not as good as the others mentioned.

Looking for something for the Wii? Try House of the Dead Overkill (you will want 2 Perfect Shot guns though).

Also, if you don't mind a puzzle game that is a bit on the cutesy side, Magnetica has EXCELLENT co-op for 1000 Wii points.

Get on Arcade and download Aegis wing (think I spelled it right). It's FREE!! And supports up to 4 players local or online! Took little of an hour to beat it, it's not to bad.

bread's done
Back