Colorado CAG's?

I used to live in Denver (currently living in Wyoming) but come down there a lot and will be moving back there within the next year or so. My cousin lives there right now and goes to school at DU

lol schlongmont... I went to your Play N Trade last time I made a trip down to denver. Was quite happy to get a gamecube for $20 and RE: Code Veronica for $20 :D

anyone find any good deals anywhere? This last weekend I went to the second spin B&M on colorado blvd & florida in Denver and got a sealed copy of Fatal Frame III for $20 (well $16 after the 20% discount!) I was stoked because I originally didnt notice it was still sealed and selling at a used price and after I got it out of the bag I noticed it was sealed! Was planning on playing it but now I will be on the hunt for a used copy to play! :)

Also second spin is doing a buy any 2 (cd, dvd, game, etc) and get 20% off. I snagged Disgaea for PS2 with Fatal Frame.

anyone been to the gamestop attached to the barnes & noble on Colorado Blvd?

They totally remodeled it and it is freaking sick! The displays are spread out and not cluttered, they have an island in the middle that has like 12 or so LCDs with systems hooked up to them to play games. There are 2 or 3 touch screen displays that you can watch game trailers for any upcoming game. Pretty cool, definitely going to be frequenting there a lot more (they used to be my main GS when I went to DU)

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']anyone been to the gamestop attached to the barnes & noble on Colorado Blvd?[/QUOTE]

Ya, I live in the Denver Metro area and I just went to that Gamestop the other day, and it didn't really even feel like a game store since I'm so used to the usual mall/strip mall size store where basically only one person can fit through the passageways; but that place was super spread out and open. I didn't try out any of the wall monitors but they looked cool.

woohoo coming down to Denver on thursday until sunday. Hopefully I can find some gamestops with the games I want for the B2G1 sale this upcoming weekend!

I'm down here in Aurora. Just moved here from Denver about 8 months ago.

I work at the Game Crazy on Mississippi & Sable, and we've got a lot of cool deals going on right now (B2G1, and DS's for $59). Swing by sometime. :)

Fellow CAG residing in the Thornton area. Didn't even realize someone went back and started another thread. Hopefully we can help one another with deals and such.

Apparently there are not many of us here...or many lurkers from this state that just don't post. Otherwise nice to see someone out in the Springs area.

I dont even live in Denver, but usually go at least once a month or every 6 weeks or so on business/game searching ;) and I post. If anyone else would like to contribute on deals I would be down for it when I can or when my 2 best friends (who both live down in Denver) find deals I will post em here. :)

I live in Lakewood which is about 10 minutes from Downtown Denver. There's a store on 1st and Wadsworth there called DVD stop that always has a good selection of super nintendo and nintendo games, as well as a ton of DVDs. I bought Watchmen (the movie) there on its release date for $10.

Aw snap, might as well say I live in Colorado as well since, well, I do. Just rarely go to the regional areas of CAG.

[quote name='icebeast']Ya, I live in the Denver Metro area and I just went to that Gamestop the other day, and it didn't really even feel like a game store since I'm so used to the usual mall/strip mall size store where basically only one person can fit through the passageways; but that place was super spread out and open. I didn't try out any of the wall monitors but they looked cool.[/QUOTE]

I Think me and my friends helped with the grand opening there by setting up Rock Band. All I remember is they kept asking to turn the volume down and I took abunch of t-shirts and caps.

[quote name='hibbie']I live in Lakewood[/QUOTE]

Damn, I hope you work in the area of DTC or that's a drive to the MicroCenter for you. I work off 225 & Chambers so it's just a hop onto 225 to DTC Blvd for me.

Yo, I'm from Denver as well. I-25 and Yale area.

I was in that GS the other day as well(Colo. Blvd)

It was really impressive, and when I went they had a demo of Tony Hawks new game, and DJ Hero. It was awesome!

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']anyone been to the gamestop attached to the barnes & noble on Colorado Blvd?

They totally remodeled it and it is freaking sick! The displays are spread out and not cluttered, they have an island in the middle that has like 12 or so LCDs with systems hooked up to them to play games. There are 2 or 3 touch screen displays that you can watch game trailers for any upcoming game. Pretty cool, definitely going to be frequenting there a lot more (they used to be my main GS when I went to DU)[/QUOTE]
Where is this store on Colorado? I have to bring my son to National Jewish every 3-6 months, and we usually just go straight up Colorado to Colfax. I don't normally pay attention to Gamestops, as they're almost as bad as Starbucks, but I'd stop and check this one out.

it's attached to the giant barnes and noble on the east side of colo blvd, maybe a couple miles north of the 25 exit. you'd probably never see the GS if you were just driving north, the B&N is hard to miss tho.

well after reading the Game Crazy closing thread it sounds like 9 of the 15 stores in the Denver Metro Area are closing. The one on Mississippi & Sable as well as the one on Arapahoe were the ones I used to frequent all the time. Both had really helpful employees too. Kind of sad that when I do move back to Denver that I will have two less stores to frequent :(

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']well after reading the Game Crazy closing thread it sounds like 9 of the 15 stores in the Denver Metro Area are closing. The one on Mississippi & Sable as well as the one on Arapahoe were the ones I used to frequent all the time. Both had really helpful employees too. Kind of sad that when I do move back to Denver that I will have two less stores to frequent :([/QUOTE]

How do we tell which ones are closing. The Miss/Sable one I figured cuz it's not in a great location. Move it down across from the BB (in that optical store's location) and I'd bet it would have done better.

I'm curious to find out if the one on GVR Blvd (Formerly 48th) and Tower is going down.

Highlands Ranch region. I also work for the National Video Game Association's Colorado Chapter, and we've been busy! If you're a gamer, casual or hardcore, please check us out. :D

http://www.coloradocutthroat.com/index.php

Xfactor19990 - we're holding a launch event at the Denver West Best Buy for DJ Hero if you want to try it out.

bardockkun - you set up the GS 813 launch? We were throwing the whole event. Do I know you? o_O

Does anyone have info on the Game Crazies that are OOB, or has that promotion run it's course? I wanted to see what they have...

[quote name='Boomsta']I'm in Thornton. I saw this thread before, but I didn't think anybody still posted in it...[/QUOTE]

Thornton eh...you're in my neck of the woods I see. Nice to meet another CAG in the general area.

LxL and Boomsta,
Where in Thornton are you? I'm at 94th & Colorado.

I travel to the Springs for work and always make a stop over at Entertainmart.

[quote name='xhonzi']LxL and Boomsta,

I travel to the Springs for work and always make a stop over at Entertainmart.[/QUOTE]

I'm off of 130th & Washington.

[quote name='xhonzi']LxL and Boomsta,

I travel to the Springs for work and always make a stop over at Entertainmart.[/QUOTE]

120th and Colorado.

So we're all fairly close to one another. We should help one another if any good local deals come up. No clue if there's ever been a good deal here in CO but lots of places to hunt at.

Hey guys I just saw this thread and got excited to see other Cags in Colorado. I live in Westminster on 123rd and Huron.

I'm in the Springs too yes another one like me ha wanna blaze?
I mean go to gs or something like that haha

Colorado Cutthroat is hosting three COD:MW2 launches on the ninth and tenth, two at Gamestops near Littleton and one at the Denver West Best Buy. All tournaments are free to enter, and many prizes are to be won:
Gamestops: http://www.coloradocutthroat.com/CutthroatPromoGaming4.php
Best Buy: http://www.coloradocutthroat.com/CutthroatPromoGaming5.php

Then...

Anyone in Durango? There's an event there on the thirteenth:
http://www.coloradocutthroat.com/CutthroatRanbat3.php

Ranbat Two for FPS and Fighters happens on the fourteenth:
http://www.coloradocutthroat.com/CutthroatRanbat2.php

The Kotaku Child's Play charity event FINALLY happens on the nineteenth! It's supposed to be an enormous event with 100% of proceeds going to the Child's Play charity. Death of the Arcade is set to be there, too! $10 donation at the door, and tons or stuff is to be given away:
http://www.coloradocutthroat.com/KotakuChildPlay.php

bread's done
Back